OOC The Whistling Poke - Player OOC & Socializing - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2022 > Reluctant Heroes
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Aug 28th, 2018, 05:16 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Unicorn
Dear Rasgorn,

Oooh, I wish, I wish, I wish I could. I read 'investigator' and I laughed and clapped with glee to myself. I'm going to have to turn it down because I'm sooo busy with other things right now. I don't feel like I have any time for RH right now. I'm sorry. I'm so busy being an investigator in real life examining my past, finding things. Losing things, finding things again. I can barely keep track of my notes irl. See the OOC thread to understand it. I do miss you & Horseman so much too!
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 12:04 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Unicorn
4th Post!!

+ keep all promises.

I've been trying to structure my spent time as if the parts of my day are college classes and the only thing I can seem to do is get medicine, exercise, rest, food, lyric writing, leading Trump around, and making cosmetics structured. The rest of it falls to the side.

Doing a little life planning here, because I feel like showing off a little:
2018 - 2022 - write and copyright lyrics in yearly books for popular bands including Metallica, Godsmack, Imagine Dragons, Fallout Boys, Evanescence, Creed, Twenty-One Pilots, Florida-Georgia Line, Pentatonix, Skillet, Rammstein, Psy, and sooo many others. I can't list them all, but there's like 400+ bands that I've written for in the past. (If anyone would like some subject written about let me know!)
2017 - Forevera - offer assistance and guidance to the Presidents of the United States. My emergency call phrase in the news is 'Hillary Clinton's Server'. I can't believe some ******* wanted to 'wipe' me. Grr.
2017 - Forevera - continue to make my line of cosmetics and beauty products, walk 2 miles daily.
2021 - 2026 - pay off those loans and college debts, apply for passport & have children, apply for copyrights on past written works, expecting more than a few 'lyrical battle lawsuits' on this one.
2024 - apply to study at a place preferably locally that teaches a bachelor's or master's degree in Business Analytics.
2024 - 2034 Study my ass off + write lyrics only when super-inspired, maintain yearly book releases.
2034 - apply to Geneva University in Switzerland
-Learn French, Russian, Korean, and Farsi

I think that's all of it. You know looking at it, it's almost your typical D&D Bard.

Thank you Hextor, I forgot.

I think I've solidified my position about LK, and after 14 years it's past time to say goodbye, there's just too many breaking points, one or two in a relationship are okay, but I'm up to about six of them now.

Aww screw it I keep coming back here and checking. Old Habits die hard I'm giving up my Starcraft gaming time for Reluctant Heroes. Just give me a pre-rolled character sheet for Investigator I don't have any books for it. - I'll merge my thinking about my next move time with my daily 2 mile walk time.

Today I'm writing 'Angels' & 'Reluctant Killer' & 'Paper Frogs' for Imagine Dragons. 09/02

Diana's Cosmetics Shop is Open for Business! All orders +$5 shipping from a Rural Town, NY.
-----------------------------------------------------
$6 Massage Oil 4 oz - Custom Blends - Poppy, Black Raspberry Vanilla
$8 Cotton Candy Soap - 8 oz bar - 2 left!
$6 Lavender Cupcake Soap - Super fancy looks like a cupcake! - 2 left
$6 Oatmeal, Milk & Honey Cupcake Soap - 1 left
$6 Sweet Berries Cupcake Soap - 6 left
$4 Unscented Moisturizing Balm All Natural 4 oz. - 6 left
$4 Pumpkin Pie Tallow Soap
$4 Tirimasu Coffee Cake Soap
$4 Mint Chocolate Soap
$6 Arabian Spice Soap - 2 left!
(Whipped Body Butters are 100% oils and contain 0% Water, 0 Preservatives a pea sized dab goes very far.)
$12 Beard Balm Unscented All Natural Organic 4 oz jar - 1 left!
$5 Rose Scented All Natural Organic Whipped Body Butter 1.5 oz jar - 10 left
$12 Rose Scented All Natural Organic Whipped Body Butter 4.4 oz bottle - 4 left
$5 Black Raspberry Vanilla Whipped Body Butter 1.5 oz jar - 2 left
$12 Black Raspberry Vanilla Whipped Body Butter 4.4 oz bottle - 2 left
Custom Order
I have 65 fragrances, many in 1 lb bottles so if you have a request just ask!
I just make things on a whim, what I think might sell in a shop, or what I feel like making out of my recipe book.

Last edited by Unicorn; Sep 2nd, 2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old Aug 31st, 2018, 12:17 AM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3270
Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor
Farsi. Iran is the country. The people and culture are Persian. The language is Farsi. They don't like it when it gets mixed up. Just FYI.
Old Sep 4th, 2018, 05:19 AM
Procrastinator

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6376
Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon
So over in the Knaves of Nijmegin thread, Critias' murderous spree has been thwarted (briefly, ha) by a Sanctuary spell, after failing a Willpower save. This got me thinking about how Sanctuary works, because I got a bit stuck trying to write the post where Critias is trying to kill this Drow but can't because of the spell. There doesn't seem to be anything much online about it beyond the mechanics ("you ward a creature within range against attack"). How do people normally play Sanctuary - do you see it as a physical barrier, or a psychological one? I played it as Critias essentially losing the ability to physically control his sword arm - he still wanted to kill the Drow, his sword arm just wouldn't obey him. But it could equally work along the lines of fear, or charm, or a physical barrier slowing down his sword strike. Anyone ever thought about this?
Old Sep 4th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
I had always played it as more of a magical barrier, not a physical. Maybe that it acts as a physical. I would stay away from aligning it with charm and the like as its not a mind-affecting spell. It's basically as if the Gods are making you roll a natural 1 no matter what. So any creature protected is literally unassailable. A physical barrier I see as something that can be overcome. I would RP it as a nat 1 no matter how hard you try. This would fall more in line with the whole divine intervention that I feel is in line with the spell. Mage armor and Shield spells are more akin to a physical barrier, despite their magical beginnings.

Another option would be to RP it like a shield spell, but it's divine in nature. Again Mage Armor and Shield just boost your AC, whereas Sanctuary actually negates the incoming attack. Perhaps a bubble of divine energy for the determined length of time?
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Timelost Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1727
DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard
Just popping in to say I'm still alive!

I'll try to post tonight.
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Procrastinator

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for your thoughts, Hextor! So I couldn't find anything definitive on it saying whether it was or wasn't mind-affecting, but I agree that fear and charm don't really make sense given there are other spells for that. And a physical shield seemed not quite right either. RPing it as a nat 1 brought on by divine intervention sounds about right, actually - I hadn't really thought of it in that way. Thanks!
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Of course. And if it WERE mind-affecting, it would be mentioned. Since it isn't listed as such, it's a sure bet that it's not.
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19549
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Sanctuary is a deific spell, coming from a deity, but not necessarily divine. I used to think this spell caused a person to simply choose another target, but that theory proved worthy only on a crowded battlefield because if the only target to attack was under the Sanctuary spell, it wouldn't work under that theory. It's not mind affecting or a charm, more a deific enchantment that weakens the attackers resolves to continue with hostilities or weakens their limbs so they are unable to attack. After numerous, vociferous and skilled debate, those are the conclusions I have come to about the workings of this particularly spell. The caster's deity has given them protection from harm, how that plays out or is explained by the DM and players is part of that particular story. I tend to have the effects of the spell the same, but the explanation different in the game play. For example a priest of Thor casts this spell and his foes can't hit him because when they try, they become to weak to even lift their weapons while a priest of Dionysus would cause the attackers to become more interested in drinking and eating than fighting and leave off to go do that, or stop to think about it anyway. Different deities would create different reactions, in Crit's case, sheer force or a freezing of the muscles is a clue as to which deity granted the spell. It most certainly wasn't Lolth. I hope that makes sense, let me know what everyone thinks.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Sep 5th, 2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds about right.
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Timelost Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1727
DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard
New problem: my PC is dead, and posting here from my phone is a hassle. Razzie has permission to count Yggdra as passed out drunk for a few posts until we get to the town lol. I'll have my PC functional in a couple days.

Last edited by DeepFriedWyzard; Sep 6th, 2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Procrastinator

Tools
User Statistics
When I read your first sentence I thought, wow, that was quick, Yggdra's dead already? She only just started! But yeah. PC. I see now
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19549
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
We can move that thread along, I will make certain to have Yggdra doing something more constructive than passing out drunk but that will also keep her away from the others for the time being, like helping gather errant mules......
Old Sep 6th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneJazz View Post
New problem: my PC is dead, and posting here from my phone is a hassle. Razzie has permission to count Yggdra as passed out drunk for a few posts until we get to the town lol. I'll have my PC functional in a couple days.
...heard that, passed out drunk after a few sips of wine....

...anyone have a sharpie on them?

...oh, here's one...
Old Sep 8th, 2018, 03:09 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Unicorn
Sanctuary, I always imagine a green double circle with a star rune in the center for some reason. I don't picture a magical barrier more like Sanctuary is a holy ground spell. Like you don't fight in Church kind of thing a peacefulness settles around you.

Sorry for being a bit intense. When you have your entire life re-affirmed 5x daily on the news it gets a bit fun.