OOC The Whistling Poke - Player OOC & Socializing - Page 102 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2022 > Reluctant Heroes
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 06:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5838
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
I think Rota and some of the vikings will be outside the pub. They will be at the smithy in the main town square making arms and armor and a lot of rowdy noise too. They will host some games with prizes to entertain themselves and others while they take turns at the anvil and bellows. I hope your characters take a break from the hot and steamy drinking room - step outside to clear your head and perhaps vomit into some bushes if you have overdone your holiday cheer. Then. Come for a visit, play a viking game, and see how you do! Like always, time and space do not adhere to the same rules as they do elsewhere. Yes, I'm sure you can be playing throw the axe at a target or how fast can you eat a boiled duck head beak and all and still inside drinking.

Meanwhile Pippa will be in the pub.

Last edited by cappucina; Dec 2nd, 2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 07:12 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73393
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
I mean, honestly, when Rasgorn was hyping Yule ... he should have led with the boiled duck head beak eating contest.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 09:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19549
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Yule is open! Feel free to join, introduce your character, describe them and answer a riddle, tell a joke, give a riddle or show us all a little diddy and have fun!
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 11:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15244
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Where can I find the link to the Yule thread?
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 11:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
Vernon Vernon
It's in the main game, here's the link just in case @Murdoch: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=200893

Oh and when I said "metagame" I meant more in the lines of you have to separate your character (roleplay wise) who is at a current 2hp, raiding the walls of Zutphen with a sort of "backstory-esque" or "flashback" or "flash forward" even in the Yule thread.

Although... showing up to the tavern on death's door would probably be remembered for some time!

Last edited by Vernon; Dec 3rd, 2020 at 11:24 AM.
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 01:29 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2859
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Murdoch... the title is 'yule at st martins '
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 10:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1530
Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas Arrevanthas
Do our normal threads still get updates while Yule is going on?
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 11:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Yep
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 12:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I don't want to take anything away from what's going on inside the pub. It hasn't even gotten going yet. Our characters can try to mingle! It's really fun for them to meet, especially if you are into reading other people's threads. The inside is the most important part. Because then you are reading your character's friends' threads.

But, if you want to rub elbows with some rowdy vikings you can check out what's happening outside too. This is new. I still haven't quite thought it past this post. But, I started researching viking games and probably we won't play any of those outside games because they are mostly fighting and wrestling and possibly even throwing the bones after dinner at each other in order to see who can harm the other the worst. It will be renfair type games where no one loses their eyeball.

Last edited by cappucina; Dec 5th, 2020 at 12:15 AM.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 12:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
Vernon Vernon
Hey Cap I remember one year we had a couple threads, where we could play in multiple Yule events simultaneously. At least I think, but it was long ago, in a galaxy... wait, sorry, watching all of Star Wars Iím chronological order... only 100+ Clone Wars episodes to go

I will be joining the Yule as well, as soon as I catch up this weekend!
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 12:27 AM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11232
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Hum ... maybe Rasgorn could create a Yule thread for what is going on outside, so no one gets confused.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 01:50 AM
Avid proCRAFTinator

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1804
meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru
I still have notes and a thread or two more from RPM to annotate (meaning I go thru and edit, update bbcode, etc). Just finished the one from the Brest Bazaar (2011)...
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 02:03 AM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11232
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
I forgot all about the Brest Bazaar. I must have missed that thread when I was trying to save things.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 02:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19549
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Yule #2, Rind's Smithy is up in it's own thread.

Hi Meilandru, I think you are doing a good job bringing back those old threads, thanks for all the work you are putting into that project. I for one appreciate it.
Old Dec 5th, 2020, 03:18 AM
Avid proCRAFTinator

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1804
meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru meilandru
@Rasgorn: and yet, I really only grabbed that which was relevant to my characters...leaving so very much behind, with no real chance of getting it back.