Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Dreaming Seamless Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2862
Moth Moth Moth Moth Moth Moth Moth Moth Moth Moth Moth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec View Post
Was there anything noteworthy about Marelda's lover?
Not really. Marelda had her own sob story background - run out of her family and her wood elf community, escaped to Ferrazza where she could only find work as a waitress at the inn. She longed to be able to return to nature and to be independent. Her lover was a ranger who often came to the city on errands, sometimes hunting quarries, other times acting as a guide through some of the nearby regions. They had a tryst that was off/on again. Both were too free spirited to not constantly quarrel. In the end, she was simply an easy target - help at the inn and a ranger who would never be missed. An easy fall guy.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Dreaming Seamless Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Also why was son so deformed?
The Peregs were unsure on this one. Tabitha attributed it to Gregor's lack of piousness. Gregor thought that it may have been as a result of him dabbling in the dark arts. Neither had thought it good to let the world know that they had such a son unless they were in desperate times and he was the ONLY one to carry on their name. Even a hat of disguise could be discovered sooner or later - best just to keep him in the high tower out of sight until he was necessary or could be exterminated.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1108
Elec Elec Elec Elec Elec Elec Elec Elec Elec
I liked son, I was half hoping for a wish reward so I could wish that his inner beauty and purity also became his outter.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Dreaming Seamless Dreams

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I liked son, I was half hoping for a wish reward so I could wish that his inner beauty and purity also became his outter.
It's always a Wish reward. Much more interesting is the slave collar vs. freedom choice. But even that's overdone as of a few hours ago, yawn. Next time it will be: dinosaur mounts or four free levels of ninja.

And yes, I ended up liking Son a lot too. I was not expecting Ranz to cast Charm Person immediately. It worked out very well by the end - well, I mean, up until right before the end. Because at the end he was enslaved, so that kinda sucked.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:18 AM
kilowatt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2720
Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo Obsidian Halo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Also, if you liked all the colorful characters- you should have seen the kitchen/chef campaign I ran (with Obsidian as one of the PCs). Ah, it would have been grand had it all come together. There is something very satisfying about FINISHING a pbp campaign. Doesn't seem to happen much.
Today was a first for me. Might be the last as well. Ah, The Quiet King. Yes, the epic kitchen campaign would have been epic, if it had been anything. Part of the problem was it was how many PCs? 8? 10? A lot anyway. There was bound to be some player attrition.

Part of what was so satisfying to me about One Quiet Afternoon (you got a thing for the word 'quiet', dontcha?) was getting to see the fleshed out world. So often you blow through an area as PCs, you might catch the name of a barmaid or guard, but we really got to see the inner workings of a well thought out town. I think a lot of DMs don't work up that level of detail for fear that it'll be skirted by and unused, and some spend days building what Moth did, only to have it ignored. The beauty of One Quiet was that at least part of it was guaranteed to be used since we were spending so much time in Ferrazza, and it really brought out the depth of the story.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1941
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Thank you for running the campaign.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1941
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I considered challenging the lady to be the woman the townsfolk believed her to be-who would never want to return if it ment losing the tailor's daughter. I also considered destroying the crystal, but I didnt't have it, and didn't know where it was or how to destroy it. I even considered offering the spirit to take my body instead of the girl. I could have tried to log on again at the last minute, but I didn't, because my character had no IC reason to know that we had to do something right away.
Stopping the lady would be a good high-level adventure; some much more powerful party will show up and stop her, I'm certain.