RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Blood is now caffeine.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1662
argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon
@Captain K, what's wrong with your laptop exactly?

I've taken the Oath.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:48 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Dell Inspiron 1545. Power wouldn't come on, power light would flicker, noticed the power jeck was pushed in and bent. Seemed to be a standard thing. I took it apart and replaced the circuit board thing with the jack and... Nothing. Not a flicker. The whole thing seems to be dead.

The power had worked before, the transformer pack still has its little blue light.

Now it is dead. Damn thing.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:29 PM
That Funky Monkey!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 918
GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey
It;s the power cable bro, I've had to working with a sony viao myself. I have had the laptop for 5-6 years I've had to replace the cable at least 12 times.

Universal power cable 20 bucks at walmart problem solved.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:42 PM
That Funky Monkey!

Tools
User Statistics
GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey GrassMonkey
By cable, I mean the part you put into the computer not the entire cable, just that little flimsy tip. The things are basically designed to break over time so you have to buy a new one.

Last edited by GrassMonkey; 08-29-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:23 AM
Blood is now caffeine.

Tools
User Statistics
argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon argemmedon
I actually had a Dell Inspiron 1545 until it died, battery crapped out. the laptop was several years old so I didn't bother replacing it for something else to go wrong. But that thing is terrible for power consumption and kills batteries.

But yea, Grassmonkey's right, get a new power cord that's not all bent up and it should be up and running. If not, your battery is dead. Although that should only be the case if your laptop can only last like 5 mins when it's not plugged in like mine at the end of it's life.

I've taken the Oath.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:33 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Thank you, will do.

Battery is new, power jack has been replaced. New generic cable is just 6 online so I'll try that.

Cheers amigos.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Blood is now caffeine.

Tools
User Statistics
Not a problem, let me know how it goes.

Also, a side note I forgot to mention that the port where you plug in your charger could also be a bit screwed up (read shifted) and that could prevent it from being charged. Although that typically only happens if you drop your laptop on the side with the charger while it's being charged repeatedly or it falls really hard, which could also screw up the charger itself by bending it.

I've taken the Oath.

Last edited by argemmedon; 08-30-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:38 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by argemmedon View Post
Not a problem, let me know how it goes.

Also, a side note I forgot to mention that the port where you plug in your charger could also be a bit screwed up (read shifted) and that could prevent it from being charged. Although that typically only happens if you drop your laptop on the side with the charger while it's being charged repeatedly or it falls really hard, which could also screw up the charger itself by bending it.
It did, it was all bent inside, so I took the machine apart and replaced it, expecting the magic power button light but no dice.

Stupid computer hardware grumble grumble.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Blood is now caffeine.

Tools
User Statistics
Well if the inside bit gets shifted around, then usually the charger is messed up too. So replacing it should do the trick then. If not, try taking out the battery and putting it back in.

I've taken the Oath.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq
relax Captain K there's gonna be a real post soon, I just wanted to ask that question because I was curious how your group would answer it. Seemed like a good role playing opportunity.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:36 PM

Tools
User Statistics
No, I wasn't worried, I am just reluctant to make Bobo actually do anything at the moment, so he's feeling a bit inactive.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Blood is now caffeine.

Tools
User Statistics
I'm torn, part of me wants to go over to that guy and teach him a lesson. The other more logical part tells me to not interfere because it's not in our best interests to draw attention to ourselves.

I've taken the Oath.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:18 AM
That Funky Monkey!

Tools
User Statistics
As a note, they weren't formed from shadow. They emerged from the shadows, as if they had been hidden there the entire time.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:50 AM
Blood is now caffeine.

Tools
User Statistics
I know, it was mostly just flavor text.

I've taken the Oath.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Keeper of Secrets

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12723
Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder Kinder
Sorry guys but it looks like this game has died, so I am going to drop it from my list. If it dos by chance become an active game again just send me a PM.