twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Templeton considers matters for a moment. "Go warn the others, Serpentine. Speak Common, if you would be so kind. I shall investigate the fallen fellow."

"Of courssssse," the snake agrees, before slithering off through the night air.

Crouching low, moving as quietly as he can manage, Templeton moves towards the fallen figure, knife ready in one hand.

Last edited by Rolzup; 08-15-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12923
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Thjorn woke to the sound of something moving surreptitiously around the camp. His first thought is that it's an intruder. However the wolf sent him a reassuring sense of repugnance and familiarity both tell him that one of the party had returned from outside the perimeter. Knowing how Fhaol felt about some of the "servitors" of his companions let the big man surmise that either the ogre or the snake had been dispatched for some purpose. Either way such movement in the night prompted at least a token gesture towards preparation. Wearily he began strapping the ornately crafted ironwood breastplate in place.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7050
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
While Merylnn doesn't see anything out of the ordinary while on watch, she does see Templeton start to slink off before the shadows swallow him. The curious snake of his slithers by and lets her know he went to check on something, and so she warily hefts her adamantine earthbreaker, alert for signs of anything untoward.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10799
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Vaimor awakens quickly, having barely fallen asleep after his own watch. His Ogre companion, still eternally awake had not reacted to anything but that meant little as the snake speaks to him directly from so close.

Out of his armor Vaimor feels fragile, but if this is a false alarm putting it on would be pointless. So instead he simply grabs his shield and looks around, seeking the threat.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2502
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
As Templeton approaches the figure on the ground, the horse's ears fall flat against its head. The cloaked figure rolls to its knees a bloodstained blade clearing his scabbard. The man throws off his cloak revealing the battered armor of a soldier. He scans the darkness. Come on you orc scum. Come and finish it!

Valar and the others, slowly and quietly rouse eachother, alerted to the new arrival by the slithering Serpentine. Valar motions to Korben and Thjorn. Move wide left and right and keep hidden. Kelrin, be ready to light up the area.

He draws his own hunting knife and starts toward the road. Keep close.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
"I've been called scum before," Templeton admits, emerging from the shadows, "But generally, it's been a lady slandering me so. Never have I been called an orc before; that's indeed new. Largely, I suspect, because I'm not one." He spreads his arms, and turns slowly. "As you can see. Now, then: Will you show some manners to your rescuer? For I would hate to have to hurt you, I surely would."
Old 08-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011

Tools
User Statistics
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
The man sits back on his feet, he sword lowered. I am Lieutenant Sparrows, outrider for the forces at Deacon's watch. My patrol was ambushed and we were cut off by a large enemy force moving on the fortress. I tried to lead the men south to Hart's landing but we were caught by riders of the Dark Legion. The others held the line so I could escape to warn the city that the enemy approaches. He looks beyond Templeton, squinting into the gloom. He looks back to the rogue as if to continue then slumps into the dirt and unconsciousness.

Valar moves into view joined shortly by Korben and Thorn who would have been close enough to hear the man's tale. Take him to camp, have Adalrico tend to him. Thjorn and Templeton come with me. We need to make sure he wasn't followed.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
A nod was all of the reply Thjorn felt necessary to both sets of directions. With an effort of will he shifted into his favored lupine form and slipped into the shadows as a hybrid wolf/hound. Once the identity of the newcomer was established Valar gave the next orders to which the wolf nodded absently as well before slipping back into the shadows to skirt the road in the direction their "leader" wanted to scout.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
"But of course," Templeton murmurs, as Serpentine twines 'round his shoulder again. Without further ado, he vanished into the shadows by the side of the road, and begins to make his way alogn it.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:20 AM
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011

Tools
User Statistics
As Thjorn, Templeton and Valar move back along the road, the unconscious man is carried into the camp by the Dwarf Torg, as Korben leads the wounded horse toward the barn. Adalrico goes to work, tending his wounds and with a few applications of healing magic the man soon stirs back to consciousness.

Seeing himself surrounded by adventuring types, he seems slightly on edge. Lieutenant Sparrows, 3rd Division Dragoons. Are you headed to Hart's Landing?

- - -

On the road, about 3 miles north, Valar calls for a halt. The road wraps around a large bend along the river. Thjorn, we need a lookout here. If anyone comes along the road, make all haste to the camp. Otherwise we will rejoin you here in the morning.

Templeton, make a circuit east and back to the camp while I go west.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
With a sardonic salute, Templeton moves to obey. Distracted by his own thoughts, he's not paying full attention to his surroundings...but happily, Serpentine is far more alert than its master.

Last edited by Rolzup; 08-23-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
With a "whuff" of resignation the grizzled wolf that was now Thjorn faded off of the road and settled down in some undergrowth with a clear view all around. Moments later he was joined by a second wolf only slightly if any smaller than the Druidic form. After a brief exchange of information view low whines, nose touching and an exchange of thoughts both of them relaxed into a patiently
Dice thjorn perception:
d20+15 (12)+15 Total = 27
Dice Thjorn stealth:
d20+12 (16)+12 Total = 28
Dice companion perception:
d20+9 (19)+9 Total = 28
Dice Companion stealth:
d20+10 (2)+10 Total = 12
watchful pose and simply let time pass them by.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7050
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Merylnn slides in next to the mysterious man. Noting his nervousness, she sets her weapon aside and places a hand reassuringly on his shoulder. "Diplomacy: 34Peace soldier, you are among friends. You can see that we have healed your wounds and even now some of the other search to see if there are other lying in wait. You have nothing to fear. Why don't you tell me some more about yourself, how you came to be here."

Her eyes are on him and everything about Merylnn is disarming and non-threatening. For a moment, the world seems to contract to just the astray soldier and Merylnn. When he consents, Merylnn will gather whatever meager food might be around and offer it to the soldier.

Last edited by Scimmy; 08-25-2014 at 04:42 PM.