RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 PM
Rolzup's Avatar
Rolzup Rolzup is offline
Dinoczar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-10-2018
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Posts: 5,230
Templeton considers matters for a moment. "Go warn the others, Serpentine. Speak Common, if you would be so kind. I shall investigate the fallen fellow."

"Of courssssse," the snake agrees, before slithering off through the night air.

Crouching low, moving as quietly as he can manage, Templeton moves towards the fallen figure, knife ready in one hand.

 

Last edited by Rolzup; 08-15-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-15-2014, 10:19 AM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-27-2019
RPXP: 12923
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 6,833
Thjorn woke to the sound of something moving surreptitiously around the camp. His first thought is that it's an intruder. However the wolf sent him a reassuring sense of repugnance and familiarity both tell him that one of the party had returned from outside the perimeter. Knowing how Fhaol felt about some of the "servitors" of his companions let the big man surmise that either the ogre or the snake had been dispatched for some purpose. Either way such movement in the night prompted at least a token gesture towards preparation. Wearily he began strapping the ornately crafted ironwood breastplate in place.
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Scimmy's Avatar
Scimmy Scimmy is offline
Windrunner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2019
RPXP: 7050
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Posts: 6,635
While Merylnn doesn't see anything out of the ordinary while on watch, she does see Templeton start to slink off before the shadows swallow him. The curious snake of his slithers by and lets her know he went to check on something, and so she warily hefts her adamantine earthbreaker, alert for signs of anything untoward.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is online now
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2019
RPXP: 10799
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,882
Vaimor awakens quickly, having barely fallen asleep after his own watch. His Ogre companion, still eternally awake had not reacted to anything but that meant little as the snake speaks to him directly from so close.

Out of his armor Vaimor feels fragile, but if this is a false alarm putting it on would be pointless. So instead he simply grabs his shield and looks around, seeking the threat.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-15-2014, 06:09 PM
KevinFipps's Avatar
KevinFipps KevinFipps is offline
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2019
RPXP: 2502
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
Posts: 5,915
As Templeton approaches the figure on the ground, the horse's ears fall flat against its head. The cloaked figure rolls to its knees a bloodstained blade clearing his scabbard. The man throws off his cloak revealing the battered armor of a soldier. He scans the darkness. Come on you orc scum. Come and finish it!

Valar and the others, slowly and quietly rouse eachother, alerted to the new arrival by the slithering Serpentine. Valar motions to Korben and Thjorn. Move wide left and right and keep hidden. Kelrin, be ready to light up the area.

He draws his own hunting knife and starts toward the road. Keep close.
__________________
My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. Everything else is secondary. Sorry I vanished on everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Rolzup's Avatar
Rolzup Rolzup is offline
Dinoczar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-10-2018
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Posts: 5,230
"I've been called scum before," Templeton admits, emerging from the shadows, "But generally, it's been a lady slandering me so. Never have I been called an orc before; that's indeed new. Largely, I suspect, because I'm not one." He spreads his arms, and turns slowly. "As you can see. Now, then: Will you show some manners to your rescuer? For I would hate to have to hurt you, I surely would."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-17-2014, 03:32 PM
KevinFipps's Avatar
KevinFipps KevinFipps is offline
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2019
RPXP: 2502
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
Posts: 5,915
The man sits back on his feet, he sword lowered. I am Lieutenant Sparrows, outrider for the forces at Deacon's watch. My patrol was ambushed and we were cut off by a large enemy force moving on the fortress. I tried to lead the men south to Hart's landing but we were caught by riders of the Dark Legion. The others held the line so I could escape to warn the city that the enemy approaches. He looks beyond Templeton, squinting into the gloom. He looks back to the rogue as if to continue then slumps into the dirt and unconsciousness.

Valar moves into view joined shortly by Korben and Thorn who would have been close enough to hear the man's tale. Take him to camp, have Adalrico tend to him. Thjorn and Templeton come with me. We need to make sure he wasn't followed.
__________________
My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. Everything else is secondary. Sorry I vanished on everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-17-2014, 11:27 PM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-27-2019
RPXP: 12923
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 6,833
A nod was all of the reply Thjorn felt necessary to both sets of directions. With an effort of will he shifted into his favored lupine form and slipped into the shadows as a hybrid wolf/hound. Once the identity of the newcomer was established Valar gave the next orders to which the wolf nodded absently as well before slipping back into the shadows to skirt the road in the direction their "leader" wanted to scout.
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Rolzup's Avatar
Rolzup Rolzup is offline
Dinoczar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-10-2018
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Posts: 5,230
"But of course," Templeton murmurs, as Serpentine twines 'round his shoulder again. Without further ado, he vanished into the shadows by the side of the road, and begins to make his way alogn it.

 
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-23-2014, 03:20 AM
KevinFipps's Avatar
KevinFipps KevinFipps is offline
Obi Yub Kenobi
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-21-2019
RPXP: 2502
KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps KevinFipps
Posts: 5,915
As Thjorn, Templeton and Valar move back along the road, the unconscious man is carried into the camp by the Dwarf Torg, as Korben leads the wounded horse toward the barn. Adalrico goes to work, tending his wounds and with a few applications of healing magic the man soon stirs back to consciousness.

Seeing himself surrounded by adventuring types, he seems slightly on edge. Lieutenant Sparrows, 3rd Division Dragoons. Are you headed to Hart's Landing?

- - -

On the road, about 3 miles north, Valar calls for a halt. The road wraps around a large bend along the river. Thjorn, we need a lookout here. If anyone comes along the road, make all haste to the camp. Otherwise we will rejoin you here in the morning.

Templeton, make a circuit east and back to the camp while I go west.
__________________
My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. Everything else is secondary. Sorry I vanished on everyone.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Rolzup's Avatar
Rolzup Rolzup is offline
Dinoczar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-10-2018
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Posts: 5,230
With a sardonic salute, Templeton moves to obey. Distracted by his own thoughts, he's not paying full attention to his surroundings...but happily, Serpentine is far more alert than its master.
 

Last edited by Rolzup; 08-23-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-23-2014, 12:57 PM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-27-2019
RPXP: 12923
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 6,833
With a "whuff" of resignation the grizzled wolf that was now Thjorn faded off of the road and settled down in some undergrowth with a clear view all around. Moments later he was joined by a second wolf only slightly if any smaller than the Druidic form. After a brief exchange of information view low whines, nose touching and an exchange of thoughts both of them relaxed into a patiently
Dice thjorn perception:
d20+15 (12)+15 Total = 27
Dice Thjorn stealth:
d20+12 (16)+12 Total = 28
Dice companion perception:
d20+9 (19)+9 Total = 28
Dice Companion stealth:
d20+10 (2)+10 Total = 12
watchful pose and simply let time pass them by.
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-25-2014, 04:40 PM
Scimmy's Avatar
Scimmy Scimmy is offline
Windrunner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-22-2019
RPXP: 7050
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Posts: 6,635
Merylnn slides in next to the mysterious man. Noting his nervousness, she sets her weapon aside and places a hand reassuringly on his shoulder. "Diplomacy: 34Peace soldier, you are among friends. You can see that we have healed your wounds and even now some of the other search to see if there are other lying in wait. You have nothing to fear. Why don't you tell me some more about yourself, how you came to be here."

Her eyes are on him and everything about Merylnn is disarming and non-threatening. For a moment, the world seems to contract to just the astray soldier and Merylnn. When he consents, Merylnn will gather whatever meager food might be around and offer it to the soldier.

 

Last edited by Scimmy; 08-25-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB