Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 03:46 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 263
Invictus Invictus Invictus
Thank you all for the condolences.
I will be picking the arty on Sunday instead of the original deadline.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:49 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 263
Invictus Invictus Invictus
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeasOfCrab View Post
Posting interest. Gonna go for a Grunk Monk. We'll see if the rolls will do.

Edit: Upon re-reading, I see that only PHB subclasses are allowed. If that's the case I suppose I will eventually make Mu'Khem an Open Hand monk but keep the Drunken flavor.
Sorry for the confusion...

Only the CLASSES from PHB plus Bloodhunter.
You can take any of the sub-classes from XGE.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:51 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 699
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
sigh For some reason, however much I would like to play a Khenra, this character just actively doesn't want to get created T_T

I'm withdrawing. Have fun!
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by ihinka; 09-29-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:52 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 643
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
Welcome back Invictus. Good to see you back in action.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 769
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
HI Invictus,

Sorry for the last-minute submission, but please let me know if this is complete with your application requirements.

Basic InfoName: Sasori
Char Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=77472
Race: Children of Osiris (Human Variant)
Class: Druid
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Outlander (Tribal Nomad)

Character Concept / BackgroundSasori belongs to a tribe of desert druids. Life in the desert is hard, and the tribe has fallen on hard times. Himself with a wife and a young son, he must leave them behind with the elders of his tribe as one of the young, able-bodied men sent off to find work to feed the families of the tribe.

Sasori's focus as he progresses in Druid capabilities will be the Wild Shape ability, specializing exclusively in Scorpions ('giant' scorpions) and pursuing the Circle of the Moon path to maximize his effectiveness with this chosen combat technique.

Appearance While traveling or among those he does not trust, Sasori wears the typical hooded robes of his tribe, which are colored desert yellow and serve to protect him from the elements - both the biting sand and the blistering sun. The special hooded attire includes a cloth face-mask which is essential for life in the desert as protection against sand-laden winds
When pressed to fight, he will often remove the outer robes and operate with just the combat vest & mask, which he wears underneath the cloth robes and head coverings. The vest and mask are also of desert yellow, in accordance with the color of his tribe, and are made of sturdy leather that serves as the armor to protect him against physical attacks. The inner hood is also a stiff leather, but black and more firmly fitting than the robed version.
Physically, he has a tawny complexion and muscular build, which is hidden beneath his traveling robes but noticeable when stripped to his fighting vest. Standing at 6-feet and 4 inches tall, he weighs 220 lbs and strikes an imposing figure.

Personality Overview: Above all, Sasori cares about his family and his tribe. Eking out an existence in the desert is grueling, and not for the weak. Although he operates under the strict honor code of his druidic tribe, their priority is the protection of the tribe first, knowing that the desert is the true master and does not truly need a 'protector', but that all beings must respect the desert and its ways. Those that do not, need not be in the desert (they may leave of their own volition, or forcibly - it matters not to the desert-dwelling sons of Osiris).
Personality Trait: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a desert sandstorm.
Ideal: Honor: If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole tribe (Lawful).
Bond: My family & tribe are the most important things in my life, even when they are far from me.
Flaw: I remember every insult I've received and nurse a resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me. Doesn't let go of a grudge until the grievance has been repaid.

Stats I went with the rolls I received from 4d6kh3, plus 2 (1 into each of 2 attributes - selected CON & WIS) for Human Variant:
STRDEXCONINTWISCHA

Old 09-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 305
ellie ellie ellie ellie
Deeply belated character application, now mostly completed!

Memfi
left-aligned image

Name: Memfi
Race: Sekhmet
Class: Warlock
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Gladiator (Entertainer variant)

Link to Ability Score rolls.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:07 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 555
PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab
Application completed. The date getting pushed back was both a blessing and a curse because it gave me more time to write but also more time to be indecisive. My RP samples almost always hold me up until nearly before the application deadline. It's done now, though. Good luck to all.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:11 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 575
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
So...this isn't happening, huh?

Old 10-13-2018, 05:26 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 187
MadDokMike MadDokMike
I had made the assumption the game has already started and we've not been selected. There has been no news on this thread in two weeks.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 769
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
I was also wondering what happened to this game and was looking for this thread to ask about it.
I recently applied for another game where the app deadline came and went without a word from the DM. Very frustrating.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:06 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 575
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
I've been checking on Invictus' activities but I don't see any posts he made after the one he posted here on 9/28..maybe after his dog's death he lost the motivation, which is understandable.

But yea, I had several of recruitment posts like that where the DM just disappears, or the DM would just PM those that were selected but never announce in the recruitment thread that the selection had been made and notified. It is very frustrating and kind of makes me want to spend less time coming up with character ideas and writing backgrounds/RP Samples, or try applying at all.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:56 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23
Vokub
Too bad, this would have been an interesting setting.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:00 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 187
MadDokMike MadDokMike
yeah I was quite excited for this setting.