RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old 01-13-2019, 11:53 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 222
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 567
Kahvi moves to sight what she heard and fires. She sees a slim mass of dark violet and deep blue wavy like figure. She hears her first thunk deep into flesh, followed by a soft cursing. Her second arrow also hits, spattering blood on the wall behind the drow. She sees Didier's knife arcing through the air, slicing along the drow's shoulder top but not sticking. A dart flies towards her, which she easily ducks before realizing her foe wanted her ducking. The next two darts blur towards her face, she knocks one aside with her bow, but the other slips past and sticks in her throat, near her collarbone and almost hitting her artery. She gasps and feels her throat closing and her body stiffening....

OOC-Kahvi hit with her first two arrows, make a SA Fortitude
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 01-14-2019, 12:01 AM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 50
Tigra
Posts: 216
Kahvi could feel the familiar poison already. She had been poisoned by drow poison so many times now, that she did not even have to figure out what it was. At the rate she was going, one day she would end up immune to it. That would just piss them off and she would have chuckled at that thought if it were not for the poison coursing through her at the moment.

OOC
AC: 30
HP: (50) 48

Dice Fortitude Save:
1d20+14 (10)+14 Total = 24

__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~

Last edited by Tigra; 01-14-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 01-14-2019, 04:00 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 222
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 567
Kahvi watches the drow become visible, two of her arrows and Didier's dagger stuck in him. The drow stumbles and falls to his knees, coughing blood and wheezing. Didier moves towards him, expecting her to do the same. She is about to when she blanches feeling the itch of the poison burst inside her. Suddenly she feels like someone is lighting her bones on fire beneath her flesh. Her vision dims and she feels a clench of nausea coming. Kahvi shakes her head and focuses, gritting her teeth and letting the burn seep through her. It only lasts a few moments, but they were enough. She regains herself, she is still standing although she feels a trembling in her arms and legs and knows it will take a moment before she can move, let alone defend herself.
Blodgett is moving again. He is over by Hutch, short bow in his hand, drawn and ready. Didier is now over near the drow, sword held low and pointed at the drow. Erica is also there, gesturing over the bloodied drow. He is larger than he should be, the drow. She doesn't see Ru, she doesn't see Ru! Before full panic sets in she feels him gently rub against her,Here Kahvi, here by you.Kahvi realizes the poison not only causes pain and paralysis, it also effects vision. She shakes her head again, clearing her sight. She now sees Hutch looking at her. He is holding up a wedge in one hand and his crossbow in the other, looking to her for direction.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 01-14-2019, 03:54 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 50
Tigra
Posts: 216
Kahvi grits her teeth as she rides through the pain, feel the poison trying to take hold. She feels and hears Ru and clams when she realizes that the poison blinds as well. She slowly reaches up to the dart in her throat and pulls it out. Still unable to speak at the moment, she just holds up the dart between her fingers, so the others would know what was going on with her.
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 01-15-2019, 02:27 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 222
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 567
Didier briefly glances at Kahvi, then steps up to the drow and punches him the back of the skull. As the drow slumps to the floor, Didier looks away from the drow and yells,Wedge it! We are leaving. Too much is happening to risk staying.He then starts running towards Kahvi as Erica bends down and starts binding the drow.
Kahvi feels the nausea roil through her and then subside. She takes a gulp of fresh air and feels her vision widening, her muscles growing stable as he body fights off the poison. By the time Didier reaches her, she is feeling mostly normal. Blodgett is over helping Erica with the drow and Hutch is walking towards them, an enquiring look on his face,You want to leave now? Then what was the point of all this? What do we do with the drow? We can't let him go and it wouldn't sit right to just kill him. We don't have a place to hold prisoners, particularly one like him. Didier gives Hutch a rather irritated look before turning to Kahvi,Are you okay, you look a bit wobbly.As he looks her over, he says over his shoulder to Hutch,And yes, we are leaving. They cannot yet identify us, but if we keep fighting, that will happen and then it severely hurt our chances to enter the Monastery under a different guise. I don't think we can fight through all our foes without help. At this point, we know enough and we should make contact with Aeyana and Damilon.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 01-15-2019, 12:46 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 50
Tigra
Posts: 216
"I am fine now," Kahvi says to Didier. "I had to fight and ride the poison out before it took hold. I did learn something about it in the process, but that is for later." She looked around, "Didier is right. We need to leave now. We are outnumbered and have gained quite a bit of information." She looked at Erica, "See if you can snatch that tome but do not touch it yourself. Use a cloak or sack, as it may be protected. It may come in handy." She then looks back at the bound drow, "We take him with us." She then looked at everyone, "Let us get going we as we are running out of time."
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:17 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 222
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 567
Hutch and Blodgett don't argue, don't even hesitate in following Kahvi and Didier's direction. She can see that neither of them agree, but they aren't going to waste time arguing. Blodgett finishes tying the drow into a bundle and then roughly pulling a cloth sack over the drow's head and pulling the drawstring tight around the drow's throat.
While Blodgett did that, Hutch put another wedge in the far door and Erica went to the floating tome. Kahvi, the tome is open, but unreadable. There is some kind of druidic glamour on the pages, hiding their wording or making them unreadable. It looks to me like they were trying to dispel the enchantment. This looks to be one of Enrico's lost tomes. I wonder if there are more about somewhere else in the Monastery? Didier has gone back down the tunnel they came in, making sure the way out was still safe. Erica hadn't touched the tome yet, she was still examining it when she said,I think Nadru could help find information from the captured drow. His mere presence should prove intimidating enough. It could probably lead the drow to believe that anyone associating with a drider is capable of all manners of horrors. hmmff, never did I think I would look to Nadru as a blessing. You are wiser than I Kahvi Moonshade and if I hadn't said it before, I am honored to call you friend.
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:48 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 50
Tigra
Posts: 216
"There might be more, but we do not have time to dwell on it. We can not leave it here for evil hands," Kahvi says. She just smiles at Erica, "As I am honored to call you friend as well. Are you able to remove the tome?" She walks over to it and examins it with Erica.
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:10 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 222
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 567
Kahvi feels a crackle of energy coming from the tome. It smells like smoked fish and ginger. When she gets close, the book moves towards, beckoning her to read. She takes a step forward without realizing it until Erica reaches and puts her arm in front of Kahvi, stopping her from moving closer, They activated the wards, the tome is now defending itself. How I do not know, but I am betting it is not something we want to find out right now. I am going to try and throw my cloak over it and then drag it along behind me. You might want to step back. I am not sure how the tome will react.

Didier has now come back into the room. He gives the drow a sharp kick in the ribs before walking over to Kahvi and Erica, The way is clear to the well. There is another gargoyle on the ramparts and I think something in the forest as well. I couldn't tell for certain though. You should check it out before we expose ourselves.

OOC-If Kahvi plans to check it out roll for spot and listen

Last edited by Rasgorn; 01-15-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:21 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 50
Tigra
Posts: 216
Kahvi looks at Erica and then nods as she steps away. She then looks at Didier and nods to him as she makes her way to check out what was going on.

OOC
Dice Spot:
1d20+10 (11)+10 Total = 21

Dice Listen:
1d20+23 (4)+23 Total = 27

__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 01-15-2019, 07:50 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 222
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 567
Kahvi moves into the tunnel, feeling the sounds from the room dwindling as she moves away. The growing chill and the sight of frost reminds her it is still cold outside and that the room she was just in was uncommonly warm for not having a fire. Ru slinks silently alongside her with Didier following. When the reach the well shaft, she helps Didier fasten Ru to his back before climbing up herself. As she climbs, she hears Didier loading his crossbow and a drow hand bow. She didn't know he had a drow hand bow. She could her Ru wriggling about and whining about the tightness of the straps. Ru was fine, she knew he just didn't like ropes or constraint of any kind.

The rungs had a covering of frost and were more slippery than earlier, making her take more time to avoid falling. Looking down, it seemed a long way, probably another 150 feet down before hitting water. She noticed the water had a green glacial quality to it and was quite deep. If she fell or had to jump, she could do it safely, if the water didn't freeze her to death that is. She could hear wind up above and the swishing of branches pushed together.

Poking her head up, she could see it wasn't quite full dark, but the falling dusk cast heavy shadows over the snow whitened landscape. At first she wasn't able to see anything. She waited and heard soft footfalls a ways off to her right, towards a steep sloping hill covered in brush and pine and cedar trees. The footsteps stopped for a few moments, then resumed and stopped and resumed, forming a pattern. Kahvi followed the noises until the trees cleared and she saw a small, giantish form. Kahvi had fought such things before. He was slightly bigger than an ogre, as was common for his kind. There were more dangerous than ogres though, Kahvi remembers them fighting and acting with more cunning if not outright intelligence than ogres or hill giants. She also remembered Variol telling her they were a kind of norse giant, called Verbeegs and not usually found this far south and that they had come sailing down the rivers with viking raiders.

Three gnolls followed after the Verbeeg. Kahvi watched them scouting around, sniffing the wind and looking at tracks. She couldn't hear the gnolls. She could see them, could see puffs of snow kicked up by their footsteps, see them gesturing and talking to one another, but she couldn't hear any of the gnolls.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 01-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 50
Tigra
Posts: 216
Kahvi watched the group, as a slight frown crosses her face. She had to wonder why everyone was so interested in this place. She just continued to watch them scout and had to wonder which group they belonged too. She continued to watch and listen as she plotted the best route for them. This was going to be tricky but at least the snow, wind and soon darkness would help them some.
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 01-17-2019, 04:35 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 222
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 567
Kahvi watches the Verbeeg and the gnolls searching through the forest. The way they move, search, convinces her this isn't some random patrol, but a patrol sent to search for something in particular. She watches them criss cross the ground, their frustration growing. The gnolls pawing the ground and snuffling looks and possible some whining, bear this out. It is growing quite cold, far below freezing, even without the wind. She still can't hear gnolls. The Verbeeg she hears stomping around, testing the ground like he is looking for soft spots in the earth or holes or tunnels. He hides his thoughts and emotions much better than the gnolls, but she can see his face wrinkle in exasperation as he looks for something he has not found.

Kahvi hears a whoosh of sound, sees the snow scatter into dust around the Verbeeg, who is looking up, an anxious look crossing his face. Kahvi doesn't see the thing, but she hears it's crackle like voice sounding like pitch popping from wood on a fire. The feeling of malevolence is unmistakable, Have you found her, any sense of them? The Nightingale must be captured, questioned. Too long, too long she has thorned us.Kahvi scoots farther out, twisting herself and catching a glimpse of what looks like a gargoyle with broad leathery wings and scaled hide, horns protruding where there should be ears. She knows though, knows this is no gargoyle, no gargoyle rends the very air with it's foul taint like this thing.Others have come, allies? do you know? has the nightingale gained allies? yes, yes, do you know?
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 01-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 50
Tigra
Posts: 216
Kahvi just continued to watch and listen the best she could. They were looking for someone and seemed almost desperate in trying to find them. She was getting all sorts of bad feelings about this group and the so-called gargoyle that was speaking to them.
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 01-18-2019, 11:33 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-19-2019
RPXP: 222
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 567
The Verbeeg regains some of his composure, replying in a rather terse tone, If the Ponsardin's are so eager to catch Aeyana, they could always come out and help look.Spittle coughs from the gargoyle like thing, burning through the snow and into the ground. Kahvi can see small tendrils of black smoke rising from the spot. She also smells sulphur and puce,Cocky, Cocky, Feeghan blood, careful careful you must step when giant's not about. The Verbeeg glares back, Careful yourself Jandi, even you are not immune to cold forged steel. Kahvi watches the gnolls silently moving around and to the side of the Verbeeg. She can tell if a tussle starts, the gnolls are siding with the winged beast and the Verbeeg does not seem aware of this.

The winged beast takes to the air in a rather ungainly form of flight. Once it is gone, the Verbeeg snarls at the gnolls and they once again take up their search. Kahvi watches them slowly work their way around the Monastery tower and out of sight, but not out of hearing the Verbeeg stomping about. They take a little more than a half hour and several times Kahvi had to move her hands and feet, lest they become frozen to the rungs. She can feel ice forming on her eye lashes and the swirls of her wind blown hair.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB