DnD5e From Camp to Village [Town Builder Game] - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 9th, 2019, 06:48 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2614
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
From Camp to Village [Town Builder Game]

Game NameFrom Camp to Village [Town Builder Game]
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeSurvival/Town Builder
FlavourNomadic group of travelers found an unoccupied area of land to call their own
Plot SummaryWar, Injustice, Famine and other atrocities are plaguing the lands (to the north and west), pushing many people to find their fortune in the savage borderlands and the unknown terrain beyond. It has been a long journey. You are part of one such nomadic group that have been looking for a place to call your own. Each of you have left the comfort of your home for one reason or another. All of you have a story to tell, that you may have shared with the others while you traveled for months. Now, the end if near, as you come across a piece of land that is available near a river, with plenty of fresh water, a forest for protection, and mountains within a days journey. It's almost perfect, minus having nothing but what is on your backs to provide. Now is the time for your camp to become a village, and hopefully one day a prosperous city.

Gameplay
This will be a heavy role play based game, where you are building up from 12 to much more. Currently you are all less than a Thorp (21 or fewer citizens). You will discuss as a team how to build laws, who does what to survive, creating buildings, building up your population, etc. Days will pass by at a time, if someone wants to build something that can take upwards of 30 days, then I will ask the rest of the players what they are doing for the next month. This will help it go faster than day by day.

We need a well balanced team of people to help build up the city. Whether that involves getting food, supplies, building, trade, etc, it's all necessary.

Basic Rules

Looking for a few new active players to bring in some life to the village. We officially have a Town Hall! And are building houses and walls to protect the village. Looking for 1 or 2 new players!

1. You will be an 3rd level NPC character, pick a type of job you want and a class.
2. Please make sure your race is one that can reproduce, and note in order to continue with the world building and making the town larger the only way is through reproduction or recruiting passerbys to join the team. With that in mind, keep in mind what races can and cannot mix.
3. You will have a "day job", that requires you to work with to earn income and items to help build the town. Please list what job you are wanting to do, and I will use that information to determine who is the best fit for the nomadic team to start. You may also pick what your spouse/partner is going to do.
4. Magic is extremely rare. As you can see in the linked site there are very few magic casters.
5. I'm not doing experience points. Once the town is leveled up enough to justify a level up for everyone, I will let you know that you are level 4
6. Accepting 5 - 6 players.
7. Posting rules, about once a week
8. Post size is at least one to three paragraphs.
9. More rules will potentially pop up as issues arise or questions are asked.

Application
Your Name
Picture
Name:
Race:
Personality:
Flaws:
Fears:
Background:
What would you provide as a member of the town?
What would you want to see provided to the town?

Spouse/Partner
Name:
Race:
Personality:
Flaws:
Fears:

RP SampleWrite an example of why you became a nomad to begin with, and/or how you convinced your spouse/partner to leave with you. Why leave the comfort of your town where you had something (potentially), and go to find and make up your own town?

Jobs Available Jobs in Red are currently being occupied by either players or NPCs. If you pick one of those make it interesting or a side job that will be useful for the village.

Backgrounds Backgrounds (Cont)
Alchemist's Apprentice Locksmith's Apprentice
Baker Mercenary
Barber Merchant
Blacksmith Miner
Butcher Minstrel
Cook Pig Keeper
Drover Retired Veteran
Druid's Apprentice (magic user) Sailor
Dung Carter Scholar/Sage
Farmer Shepherd/Goat Hoarder
Fisherman Stone Mason
Forester/Hunter/Trapper Temple Acolyte
Guild Artisan Tinker
Innkeeper (former) Village Priest
Laborer/Porter Wizard's Apprentice (magic user)

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; Jun 26th, 2019 at 05:02 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Are you willing to accept a player who is familiar with 5e but not quite excels with the rules?
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 07:25 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Are you willing to accept a player who is familiar with 5e but not quite excels with the rules?
Yes that's fine. I can always explain something to you if need it

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; Feb 9th, 2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Do you want us to make it based off the character creation rules on that site? Having a hard time navigating it.
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 08:44 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
No just pick a background from that. You don't need to do anything else in addition
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 08:52 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Im gonna change it actually, just pick a background or job you would want.
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 09:34 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
"Alvan"
right-aligned image

Name: Alvan Lorelay
Race: Elf
Job/Background: Alchemist Apprentice
Personality: Optimistic and clever. He is willing to make the most out of what they have and appreciate it for all it is worth while displaying an almost contradictory fatalistic sense of humor. Perhaps not the best for an aspiring physician.
Flaws: He tends to get distracted fairly easily.
Fears: He is a young elf married to a human and they plan to have a bunch of half-elven babies. Not hard to figure out.
Background: Alvan was born to a proud elven lineage. He had many expectations to live up to and was quickly apprenticed to an Alchemist. When your an elf that apprenticeship takes decades. But it did involve a wide field of study. Chemistry, medicine, various herbs, sciences, etc. He had almost made it to the point where he would learn some magic too. Until he met his future wife. See one of his tasks included gathering the various different herbs and reagents for his mentor. He was out in the forest doing this one day until he was set upon by wolves. He beat one off with his staff but the others circled around him. Only to be shot by a local huntress. A young lass who saved his life. Got quite the nasty bite from it as well as (by her own admission) she usually just hunts rabbits and deer. Wolves were new. Alvar tended her wounds. Love came pretty quick. After courting in secret for a year or so she proposed. Alvar accepted immediately. To bad his family would never approve. Oh well. Guess it was an elopement. They had heard of another nomad caravan setting off....

Also he is about 57.

What would you provide as a member of the town?
Alvar would largely be the herbalist and physician to start. He would spend most of his time looking for and cultivating useful plants and ingredients to see to the health and maintenance of the people themselves. He knows what is poisonous to so if they ever have troubles with pests (Of any sort) he would help out there to. Also a total nerd he probably brought a lot of books and stuff like that with him. Some helpful like encyclopdia's of plants and such and some not so immediately useful when they start. Like History books. He could probably be a good school teacher if they had no one else...

What would you want to see provided to the town?
An apothecary and large herb garden. Also a library.

Spouse/Partner
right-aligned image

Name: Ester Lorelay
Race: Human
Job/Background: Hunter/Trapper
Personality: Quiet and perceptive but spirited Ester was born to a poorer family with a lot of kids. She took to hunting smaller game to help feed them. She found she like the quiet almost as much as she liked the noise of her large family.
Flaws:
She tends to act without thinking. Sometimes this works out well. Like when she saved her future husband. Other times not so much
Fears:
They plan to start a family. She is quite anxious about being able to provide for them in the wild.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ester-2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	79187   Click image for larger version

Name:	alvan.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	79188  

Last edited by mjb; Feb 11th, 2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 09:40 PM
Wandering Archmage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
The Ellimist The Ellimist The Ellimist
You say 3rd level NPC character and then below mention that you'll let us know when we're level 1. Does this mean that we're starting off with the NPC classes from the recent Unearthed Arcana article and then gaining regular character classes later or that we start with 3 hit die and no class levels?
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 09:42 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ellimist View Post
You say 3rd level NPC character and then below mention that you'll let us know when we're level 1. Does this mean that we're starting off with the NPC classes from the recent Unearthed Arcana article and then gaining regular character classes later or that we start with 3 hit die and no class levels?
Sorry I added the level 3 bit and forgor to change the bottom bit. I'll let you know at level 4
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2634
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Bit of trouble finding those NPC levelling rules. Did you mean the sidekick ones?
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 09:54 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
You don't need to level up, we'll deal with that once we get characters. Sorry for any confusion. I'm going to look at the unearthed arcana rules and may tweak it a little since you're NPCs but needed to survive to get here
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 10:02 PM
Wandering Archmage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
The Ellimist The Ellimist The Ellimist
Ok, cool, sorry to add to the confusion there, I had just read those sidekick/npc classes so that's what was on my mind when I read that. I'm planning on applying with a blacksmith or some other type of craftsman character. Not sure exactly what class I should pick for that, but I guess I can just worry about that later after I finish my write-up.
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 10:02 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good
Old Feb 10th, 2019, 11:43 AM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ellimist View Post
Ok, cool, sorry to add to the confusion there, I had just read those sidekick/npc classes so that's what was on my mind when I read that. I'm planning on applying with a blacksmith or some other type of craftsman character. Not sure exactly what class I should pick for that, but I guess I can just worry about that later after I finish my write-up.
I added a new section with the background/job options. That should help.
Old Feb 10th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4382
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
tyramPicture
Name: Tyram
Race: dwarf
Job/Background: butcher
Personality: Tyram is few of words though his skill with the axes of his father have allowed for exceptional cuts of whatevee meat he could find. He secretly left his homeland to escape the tyrany of his master though claims a storm took his house.
Flaws: short of words and temper.
Fears: being found by those who know his past.
Background: Butcher
What would you provide as a member of the town? Knowledge of what parts of animals are best to eat. Providing rations so others can focus on other aspects of the town with the comforts of home. Has an interest in gem cutting but hasn't been able to do anything about it.
What would you want to see provided to the town? Salt houses for the meats. Animals of varying types wandering outside the town for eating.

raina
Name Raina
Race Dwarf
Gender female
Profession miner
Personality she will do anything for her friends and family though hates following the rules.
Flaw she hates playing fair especially with rules she feels are unfair.
Fear losing Tyram to the man she freed him from.

RP Sample
Tyram was gathering food when a woman appeared. She was dirty but had a hidden beauty. She continued on her way and he buried back to avoid any further pain. He continued to think of her and on their next meeting he asked for her name and she offered an exit but it wouldn't be legal. He ran alongside her as they made their way to a new life.

Last edited by delpinator; Feb 12th, 2019 at 01:23 AM.