PF-1e The Keys to All Kingdoms: A Training Seminar for Potential DMs - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 20th, 2024, 06:56 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 919
separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion
Haven’t read through the whole ad, but my interest is piqued. I have interest in GMing but have had some negative experiences in the past. I’d like to try again, but not sure if my confidence is there currently.
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 06:59 PM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8353
arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12
Quote:
Originally Posted by separateunion View Post
Havenít read through the whole ad, but my interest is piqued. I have interest in GMing but have had some negative experiences in the past. Iíd like to try again, but not sure if my confidence is there currently.
Yay for piqued interest, and bonus points for use of a Mutant Enemy avatar!

DMing is quite the buffet of experiences, positive and negative, but we gamers know the value of earning XP.
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 08:45 PM
Mutt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8566
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
If you get down to the nuts and bolts of how to set up threads and the like, please let me know. We didn't make it that far last time we tried this.
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 09:58 PM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
If you get down to the nuts and bolts of how to set up threads and the like, please let me know. We didn't make it that far last time we tried this.
No, we did not. But we did get pretty far the first time, so a lot of it is still in my archives.

I'm assuming you'd like to see if third time's a charm?
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 07:03 AM
Mutt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8566
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Yes.
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 10:15 AM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8025
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I'll toss my hat in the ring, sure. I'm not sure how stringent you are about amount of posts, as that might disqualify me. But I do think I've still got a thing or two to learn. I know pathfinder well enough, but I don't really focus on any one system.

I'm operating normally!
Coherence is optional, personality is not.
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 01:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 919
separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion
Officially applying.

Your biggest fear as potential DM - what's kept you from trying before now?

The one and only time I tried to run a campaign (not PbP), I realized quickly that I wasn't prepared to be flexible to what my players were trying to do. I built a story on a track and I wasn't expecting, nor did I know how, to deviate. I felt like I did my players a significant disservice in that I was not improvising to chase down the rabbit trails they found interesting.

What you've liked or disliked about DMs you've had in the past

Perhaps part of my problem is that I haven't had much experience with homebrew campaigns. The majority of what I have participated in as a player has been one shots or adventure path type games where the campaign is on railroad tracks. The one time I did participate in a homebrew campaign (for more than a couple sessions), I really enjoyed being able to roleplay my character out and get inside his head.

Your basic experiences with RPGs as a player

The majority of my experience system wise has been D&D/Pathfinder, but I have dabbled in some WoD, PtbA, and Mork Borg. As I've grown in my TTRPG experience, I've found I have a greater appreciation for rules light systems that allow more freedom of roleplay and less focus on combat than the heavily complex combat simulator systems.
Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 04:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4382
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Hey, I'm interested. I've done a few dm games but you've always been helpful in learning more.

Here's my logest game https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...28#post9026428

Most recent https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...34#post9715534

Last edited by delpinator; Jun 22nd, 2024 at 04:57 AM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 01:57 PM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, closing this down again, though as always, people who didn't get in as "hands on" apprentices are still welcome to read along and learn that way.

penbeast0, Sirviantis, delpinator, separateunion and psuedenim:
Head on over!
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15709

You should see private threads for us to work in, as well as the first lesson post.

Post a brief hello to the OOC thread, then dive right into lesson one. For your edification, there are sixteen topics in the curriculum spread out over nine lessons. The farthest I've gotten running this in the past is lesson 5, which means until we get to that point, it's mostly me re-reading my past stuff and cut/pasting it with little notes here and there to denote any changes in philosophy or thought that have occurred over the last fifteen years. There's, umm.. quite a bit of that, actually. Reading over some of my own words, I can see areas where the dominant thinking has changed since RPGs went mainstream. I won't be changing my lesson there - I still believe in the Old Ways - but I will make sure to also include the newer schools of thought where applicable, so that your education will be all-encompassing.

Last edited by arin12; Jun 22nd, 2024 at 01:58 PM.