Old Jul 10th, 2024, 01:53 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
DoesAOneSave DoesAOneSave DoesAOneSave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
Age old question: does evil exist naturally, or just in men's actions? And even if it is in men's actions... we are part of nature, so obviously, evil exists naturally.

I've always liked the idea of exploring the necromancer as a white knight thing, just for fun and sometimes the 'ick' factor. What would society be like, if we could raise skeletons to do manual labor for us? Is that slavery? Is it any worse than summoning an unseen servant to wash your clothes, or sweep your house?

Is it more acceptable to have a zombie go into a dangerous situation, than a living person? Is it okay to raise the dead, to be cannon fodder in an army? Isn't that better, than killing our living sons and daughters? Can I use a skeleton to go sweep a minefield? Can I send one into a confined space, to clean a tank? Is it better to use the already dead for those hazardous tasks, than ask a living being to do it?

And does it matter "how long dead"? Is it okay to have your father sweeping your kitchen as a zombie? Or grandfather? Or great, great, great aunt? How long should the dead 'rest' before we make them work again? Or do we swap... so that my family is serving somewhere else, far away, and this skeleton is unknown to me? Is that better? More ethical?
100 with you on that. That is one of the main reasons that 'necromancer' is my favorite class. Another is because necromancy is usually gimped in most systems for both good and bad reasons (there are a few where its not) making it a fun challenge. And I suppose I just find the whole idea conceptually neat I suppose. :P

Anyway base on all that, necromancy is out for moi for this game. I mean RP wise its can do, but functionality wise you are going to be really gimped by the slide toward evil.

Last edited by DoesAOneSave; Jul 10th, 2024 at 01:55 PM.
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 04:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6072
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
I won't be focusing on it, but as a potential item crafter there are fun items that use necromancy spells (several weapon enchantments and wondrous items). I'll have to keep this in mind and stick to the non-evil ones if I get selected, or make sure I put big warning stickers on it if I make them "This item is known to the state of California to cause irreparable soul damage"
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 05:29 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheous100 View Post
I won't be focusing on it, but as a potential item crafter there are fun items that use necromancy spells (several weapon enchantments and wondrous items). I'll have to keep this in mind and stick to the non-evil ones if I get selected, or make sure I put big warning stickers on it if I make them "This item is known to the state of California to cause irreparable soul damage"

Or, forget the labels entirely and just hand 'em out at the local orphanage and sit back and await the glorious results. :P
Old Today, 02:02 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
So, after due consideration, and the ok from kaylara, I decided to go the angel route.

But, of course there is a twist because this is me we are talking about. :P While Kaylara's angel is indeed a good angel at least afaik. :P Mine is. . . challenged with a crisis of faith from too much 'time in the trenches', and seriously questioning what is actually good vs evil, and what role he should play as a champion for good? To be clear I am not considering him becoming an actual servant of evil, aka the fallen angel route, but rather he is deeply questioning if following celestial dictates is actually doing the good he should be doing? Basically, I took the earlier alignment conversation in thread and said to myself. . . Heh, a character wrestling with that in game would be decently playable and interesting. So, let's make it an angel for extra punch. :P

Reason for being in a party and adventuring is that he is basically playing 'celestial hookey' while on a giant walkabout sorting out his inner conflict. Hoping for inspiration while doing the wandering monk/hero schtick.

I will come up with an actual app entry this weekend I think.

Build would be close to this (all from psfrd)

Astral Deva 4
Psionicist 5
Metamorph 10
Harbinger 3 or Rogue 3 - still deciding
Awakened Blade 3

@DraconigenaArma Does it seem like its a viable enough premise for an actual app?

Last edited by DoesAOneSave; Today at 02:32 AM.
Old Today, 07:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6072
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
Going to be withdrawing. I haven't finished an application in 2 weeks and will be away for most of the upcoming week.

Good Luck to everyone!
Old Today, 10:19 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12735
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesAOneSave View Post
@DraconigenaArma Does it seem like its a viable enough premise for an actual app?
I am curious to see what you come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheous100 View Post
Going to be withdrawing. I haven't finished an application in 2 weeks and will be away for most of the upcoming week.

Good Luck to everyone!
Shame it didn't work out this time.