Other Forbidden Lands: A hexcrawl for folks new to the system - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 11th, 2024, 02:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 376
NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus
I think a peddler could be interesting. But i think what would make him different is that he's looking for knowledge to sell more than treasure. Maps, information about creatures and monsters, all of that is what he peddles.

I usually try to give my characters a defined motivation and a couple of habits and try to hit those. And make sure he keeps in line with his general motivation as far as what guides his actions.

Yes. Very happy to do that. The life and death stakes are what keep things interesting in my book.

I've always been interested in OSR and I've had this book for a little while with no opportunity to play.

I don't really have anything yet. I'm still pretty new to the site.

I can post 2x or 3x times a week.

Thanks!
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 04:34 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4335
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Just giving this a wee bump!

I had never played FL before but am thoroughly enjoying it, fairly straight forward to learn. 97mg creates an excellent narrative and sets the scene beautifully and is also a brilliant guide to the mechanics of how the game works.

I highly recommend giving this a go if you are on the fence.
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 11:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1304
Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut Cap Ut
@97mg, have you already an idea of when the recruitment will close?
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 11:59 AM
Lord of Graves

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3050
Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis Arkanis
I keep dipping in and out of this thread to have a look at it . What's holding me back is that I am unfamiliar with the rules and since my ipad died on me all I have to look at PDF's is my really crappy small-screen iPhone so that's out of the window.

That all said some of the names in here are really really awesome so I'll continue hanging around on the fence for now weighing it up
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 04:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8118
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
97mg has been great at explaining the rules. I have the books too and help out where I can. The setting and exploration systems are pretty good - the most dangerous thing so far has been a bog. Oh and a nasty sprain trying to fix a blanket. That fire thing was definitely not us.

An ongoing medical thing came up so posting could be slower for a while. Please PM me or even post for me if the gap is too long.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 01:27 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10894
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
This is a great concept for a game. Never played the system but it looks like a lot of fun!
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 03:15 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 160
RedMoney RedMoney
What kind of villager would you like to take out into unexplored territory?

One that is skilled and useful enough to survive and enhance our overall experience.

The available professions are Druid, Fighter, Hunter, Minstrel, Peddler, Rider, Rogue, Sorcerer... but what would your particular "take" or unique flavor on one of these be? The group with the vacancy currently has a rogue and a sorceror.

I'm not sure of the mechanics behind the Rider, but I would like to play a person that is a mapmaker and roams around making or updating maps for a living. I imagine that would fit the overall narrative of the system well.

How do you like to inject personality into a PC? Via elaborate backstories? Quirkiness or cuteness? With detailed mannerisms or strange use of language? Or something else?

I've found the most important part of developing a character is to have them interact with the other PCs and ask them questions. Creating conversation with other PCs brings all of the above out organically. The relationships with other PCs can become all of the game that way.

Are you happy to commit to a game which though combat-lite, can be quite brutal and unforgiving when things get "real"?
Yes, I prefer combat that is meaningful and difficult rather than grinding on random encounters.

What lured you into reading this rather long game advert, and choosing to reply?
Primarily I want to learn new systems and meet new people on this site.

Is there a piece of IC writing on this site that you'd like to share with us, to show your style?
The journal of RIthwarian Luelana, an Elven Sorceress in the Ravenloft campaign setting. I made this character in a Neverwinter Nights roleplay server, she was arguably some of my best writing. THe bio is a tiny snippet of it all.

What's your general availability to post looking like?
Fairly open, I have lots of free time, I can post 3-4 times per week with little issue.