RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 5th, 2024, 09:38 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3818
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Intrigued!

I thought about bringing Xandra - a former assassin turned monk who decided long ago to only ever do what was right. (A former character I need yet to play some more. I know monk is supposedly weak mechanically, I don't care. Plus I'm very rusty anyway.)

I'll need a way to fit her backstory into this game. An interesting challenge. Luckily her personality would fit really good into such a house (in my opinion at least).

Until then, an example from mentioned game:

Old Jan 6th, 2024, 10:38 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31103
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Looks good so far.
Old Jan 6th, 2024, 12:50 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
What is the current party makeup?
Old Jan 6th, 2024, 07:05 PM
Likely up to no good ...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16702
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Application
Basics
right-aligned image
Name: Grindle Spitmuddle
Race: Svirfneblin (Deep Gnome)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Background: Spy
Personality Traits:
1. I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
2. I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Ideal: People. I'm committed to the people I care about, not to ideals. (Neutral)
Bond: Loyalty to House Platin and its cause, so long as that helps the svirfneblin.
Flaw: I turn tail and run when things look bad.
Family Rank: Slave to Emerald
Appearance: Grindle looks much like any male svirfneblin, though on the small side even for that race, and he is hairless, scarred, and looks prematurely aged due to drow torture.
Books: PHB, DMG, TGE

Background When King Schnicktick let Belwar Dissengulp lead 300 warriors to aid Mithral Hall in what the drow call Yvonnel's Folly – and what the other side calls the Battle of Keeper's Dale – that number was enlarged by auxiliaries and camp followers. Among those was Grindle, a scout and spy. Alas, though the drow were heartily beaten, Grindle was captured by drow while scouting before the battle and taken back to Menzoberranzan to be broken and sold as a slave.

An agent of House Platin purchased him in the slave market. Rather than merely exploit him, he was rehabilitated and put into the service of Emerald Platin, who saw his usefulness in his previous profession. A puny and deferent male slave can go certain places and witness certain things a drow cannot, even a male drow, even a male drow slave.

For Grindle's part, he has willingly remained with House Platin rather than return to his people, even though Emerald and the Matron Mother would surely let him "escape" after more than a decade of loyal service. It's his belief that he can best help his people and the cause of peace in the Underdark by advancing House Platin's religious and political goals, at least for now.

A svirfneblin's lifespan is long, and Grindle has assumed for years that he will return to Blingdenstone and his family eventually. Sadly, recent news of Blingdenstone and all who dwelt there is grim indeed. …

The PlayerI have not played with you before, I don't believe. Hello! I want to play this game because it promises deep immersion, intrigue (which I love, love, love), and long-term character development. I also look forward to reading the books to aid with storyline integration.

Will I stick with it for a year? Yes! I've stuck with several current games for more than a year, and previously on this site, I've stuck with daily games for several years. If life should pull me away, I take the Oath of Sangus seriously.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Oakie; Jan 6th, 2024 at 07:17 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2024, 12:48 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Current Party Makeup and tasks

Mission for Eilistraee
This group is on a mission that will lead into the very Demon Web Pit itself for Eilistraee
Narcelia Platin (Leader) - Priestess of Eilistraee
Gaerth - Paladin/Warlock
Winmar/Alnor/etc - Rogue Arcane Trickster (hasn’t posted in a while)

Working for House BaenreWorking for House Baenre to investigate Szith Morcane which they have recently found to be invaded by undead and worshippers of Kiaransalee.
Iymtana Platin (leader) - Bard
Lua Quiri - Hexblade
Talryn Platin - Swarm Ranger
Victor Lieche - Paladin/Warlock

Foiling Plot
This group learned of a plot to bring a salt golem into the main Menzoberanzan farms and basically kill all the food.
Akordia Platin - Rogue (Soulknife)
Seldizar Platin - Wizard Spellblade
Zevlina Drassk - Monk
Gul - Ranger
Old Jan 7th, 2024, 07:39 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22269
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Dance, Magic Dance
left-aligned image

Name: Eilizeta El'aren
Race: Drow
Class: Cleric/MonkSword Dancer of Eilistraee
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Last edited by PalladiaMors; Jan 7th, 2024 at 10:16 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2024, 08:15 PM
Spes Temporis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3318
Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool Azathool
Azathool's Application
ConceptTake your pick of "posessed suits of armour", one of my favourites is Justice Leage Unlimitted; S01E18; The Balance. Yes, I know it's my second Armoror Artificer on these boards, but that one wears Leather and throws lightning, this one doesn’t Strangely both are scary! A good cross set of skills for investigation, good old clanky defence, solid DPS and some nice tricks.

Name: Valthum Platin
Race: Reborn (Drow)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral; Unwavering loyalty to the family without much care of the good/evil ethics side of the commands or requirements.LN
Class: Fighter 4 (Rune Knight) / Artificer 5 (Armoror/Guardian)
Family Rank: Soldier
Appearance:
right-aligned image
Image created with DALL-E 3

A black suit of armor, a shield permenantly attached to his arm, and a black ragged hole where the face should be.

Standing seven feet tall Valthrum is a sight to behold; or not, as no one has ever seen him, not even a square inch of skin. Realty is that his insubstantial form inabits the very armour he wears, the inside as hollow as a shell. Never eating, drinking, breathing or even sleeping, his lack of memories from "the before time" when he was truly alive give Valthrum a detached outlook on life.

Mystical runes are engraved across his helm, armour and shield, but he has never been seen weilding a weapon, using a black gauntletted fist to deadly effect, and deadly distraction.

In combat he can Bonus Action: Rune Knight/Giants Might; 7' 2x to Large: 14', followed by Action: Enlarge; 2x 14' to Huge: 28'transform his size within seconds, growing in size to almost thirty feet high, an intimidating presence on any battle field.

His keen intellect and knowledge of the arcane are also to be reconed with.
Background

The Player:
I have never played with you, but I have a few chars on RPGX and the idea of a semi-open world with a few interacting groups, solo and extended play is enticing. I do play with some of your other players though, dedicated, 100% on board, Sangus signatory and long long long time D&D player.

G1/2/3/D1/2/3/Q1 was an old old set of modules I DM's back in the day, so this brings back memories.

I've played to near/20 a few times so I am ok with the compexities of Tier 2/3 play and resources/play.
Build

Old Jan 7th, 2024, 10:02 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
Starsong Starsong Starsong
How does it work. I only need to create a character here to join?
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 12:18 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Write up an application as per here. If I like the application I will PM you an invitation to join with further instructions.
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 12:52 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for your answer. I will consider it.
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 12:34 AM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8104
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Completed
right-aligned image
Name: Pierro, Prince of the Stage

Race: Drow

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Class: Rogue (thief) 3/Ranger (gloom stalker) 3/Warlock (celestial, pact of the tome) 3

Family Rank: House Minstrel (adopted son)

Appearance: Pierro is a master of many faces, both on stage and off. However, he is most easily recognized when wearing his entertainer's garb consisting of bright garments, garish scarves, and an assortment of masks. A frilled, low-cut shirt and pointy boots are concealed by an artistically gilded breastplate and greaves.

Background: Entertainer - Pierro was adopted at a young age as an orphan. He has no memory of his former parents or house. He was never good at much when he was young besides dancing around and playing tricks to pull a laugh. But as he grew, so too did his reputation and fame as a performer. Soon, his broad and growing repertoire provided him access to places and people where House Platin might not otherwise be welcome. And so, the fool became the fooler, and Pierro blossomed into a valuable spy for the Family.

Personality: Pierro carries a pleasant yet serious tone and seems to almost move in slow-motion, such is his grace and poise. Though he is known for his performances, pranks, and acrobatic feats, he is not prone to levity himself. He seems to give all his joy to others. Privately he is a very quiet, secluded, considerate individual, who would seem just as satisfied alone with almost nothing than surrounded by friends in a royal court.

The Player: We're not in any games together, but of course I've seen you around. As for me, I've been on the boards for a long time and most of my games are multi-year affairs. I hope to maintain that level of dedication, should circumstances allow.

Last edited by AlphaZ; Jan 9th, 2024 at 05:02 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 04:06 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I will probably skip this opportunity for now. It's seems like a lot of work, with little chances of been selected as there's already a big party. Thanks.
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 11:11 AM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8104
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Questions:

Last edited by AlphaZ; Jan 9th, 2024 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 04:13 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks anyway Starsong!

Answers

Old Jan 9th, 2024, 04:43 PM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics