RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 8th, 2024, 09:59 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysolde View Post
I need a few more. Who doesn’t want to play a level 10 priestess of Eilistraee? Level 10!
Is level 10 only for the priestess of Eilistraee?

right-aligned image

Name: Dronun Platin

Race: Drow

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Class: Fighter (9) Champion

Family Rank: 7th Son of Ruby Platin

Appearance: Dronun is 5'4" tall with a slender build, he has red eyes and shoulder length white hair. Dronun has several prominent scars covering his face. He wears a set of worn leather armor and loose clothing to hang over his armor helps to hide his missing left hand. Around his waste is a sheath carrying a long sword

Background: Dronun was the seventh son of Ruby Platin, many times it was a boon as much as a bane; growing up being smaller than his siblings forced Dronun to endure constant sibling disputes usually on the losing side. It was the typical treatment a younger sibling experiences from the elders. The benefits allowed the young warrior to gain practical knowledge of a diverse number of combat styles which prepared him for his attendance at Melee Magthere. While attending the academy, Dronun faced off with a fierce competitor from a higher-ranking house. The competition elevated to a frenzied tempo before the instructors finally interfered and ended the bout. Dronun lowered his guard allowing his rival (name coming) to make a devastating strike that lobbed the young warrior's left hand off. Dronun was still skilled enough to graduate, though the hounding by his new rival grew from that point.

Members of the Platin house treated Dronun differently after the loss of his hand, aggressively offering assistance for menial tasks. Dronun left home and spent forty years on the surface working as a mercenary. His travels led him from Waterdeep to Kara-Tur, each new location he spent time learning from dueling masters in how to fight with the loss of one hand. Dronun finally felt comfortable with his fighting style to return to the Underdark, though now he has a different philosophy.

Dronun believes that House Platin has no place to remain in the Underdark. Their sense of honor and compassion is a detriment to the family members and dangerous to their allies. His experiences forged the ideal that one must think like a snake to defeat a snake and the Underdark is a pit of vipers that can't be saved, they need to be erased.

The Player: Played with, DMed (Prior to my stroke), not sure if I played in one of your games though. I'd like playing drow and to do it in a different philosophical culture makes it more interesting. I hope to stick with this for at least a year, my medical condition makes no solid promises. I will promise that either I or my niece will notify you if a medical condition takes place that would sideline me from the game. I am more knowledgeable of older editions of D&D, but I have played 5th edition some.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dronun.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	103104  

Last edited by Cardassian; Jun 22nd, 2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old Jun 8th, 2024, 10:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10644
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
We're all starting at level 10 according to the advertisement, unless I'm misreading the sentence somewhere.

Last edited by Crocodile; Jun 8th, 2024 at 10:55 AM.
Old Jun 8th, 2024, 01:37 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
We're all starting at level 10 according to the advertisement, unless I'm misreading the sentence somewhere.
The first thread is confusing because

One part says that 'Everyone will be starting around 10th level'

But in the Character Creation section it states

"Characters Start at 9th Level as such you may pick a place where you were trained if you wish: You may use the linked threads to roll"

Last edited by Cardassian; Jun 8th, 2024 at 01:39 PM.
Old Jun 8th, 2024, 02:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10644
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardassian View Post
The first thread is confusing because

One part says that 'Everyone will be starting around 10th level'

But in the Character Creation section it states

"Characters Start at 9th Level as such you may pick a place where you were trained if you wish: You may use the linked threads to roll"
Fair point. Could be an artifact from the original advertisement that wasn't updated for this new recruitment drive, or at least that's my initial assumption.

Mind clearing that up for us, ysolde?
Old Jun 8th, 2024, 06:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 704
Red Leper Red Leper Red Leper Red Leper Red Leper Red Leper Red Leper
Handy with a knife, in a kitchen or in a carotid:
right-aligned image

Name: Arimira Quickfeet
Race: IntimidationHalf-orc
Alignment: Chaotic Delicious
Class: Animal Handling, PerceptionBarbarian 1/StealthRogue 9 (Scout)
Family Rank: House Cook
Background: Athletics, SurvivalOutlander
Personality traits:
-I once ran twenty five miles without stopping to warn my clan of an approaching undead horde and I'd do it again if I had to.
-I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk, Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear, but good food will.

Ideal:
-Good food. Many cultures revere food, it's a middle ground between races and a way to make the most peace for the land. You'll starve without it.

Bond:
-It is my duty to provide food to sustain my tribe, my chosen tribe.

Flaw:
-I'm very proud of my ability to cook, sometimes a little too proud.

Appearance:
Arimira is small for a half-orc, taking after her human parentage more than her orc blood. She is barely over six feet tall and has a slender, athletic build. She has black hair that she keeps clean and in a series of braids that frame a face that is a good mix between human and orc blood with smallish fangs that peek out from her bottom lip. She has burn scars down the right side of her face and down her right arm. The scars end just above her jagged arrowhead tattoo, a symbol that she used to be a part of the tribe of Many-arrows. She wears cloth wrapped around her wrists to hide the scars from shackles that she was forced to wear for a time. A chunk of her right ear is missing, looking as if it was chewed off by a goblin's jagged and misaligned maw. She prefers a modest, sleeveless cotton shirt, leather trousers and soft moccasins and wears an apron when she is in the kitchen. She always carries her razor-sharp kitchen knife, good for slicing and dicing veggies or meat.

Backstory:
Arimira was born into the tribe of Many-arrows and as with any orc tribe, she had to find a way to make herself useful as soon as she could stand and do any kind of work, being a half-blood and all. She never knew her father but it was her mother that did a good job of raising her, teaching her clever blade work. She found a talent for cooking for the tribe, learning how to make the most questionable ingredients into delicious food.

As she reached an age where she could run with the hunting pack, she found a knack for being unseen and unheard, able to go places without being noticed. She learned how to apply her clever knife work to killing things, beasts and bandits that threatened her tribe in any way. She earned her place and her name when she spotted a large group of undead, marching at the command of a necromancer of some sort, heading straight for her tribe's camping location. She ran across the plain as fast as she could, miles non-stop until she got back and warned them of the horde.

During the attack, she proved herself significant until she was separated from the other warriors and stumbled into a bad situation where she was wounded badly. Without her senses about herself, she wandered into an unknown part of the forest and there, out of the frying pan and into the fire, as it were. A hunting party of Drow looking for slaves stumbled upon the wounded half-orc woman and it wasn't too difficult to capture her.

For several years she was a slave to the Drow and once her wounds were healed, she did what she always did, made herself as useful as she could, learning of all new ingredients to cook with. Unfortunately, she learned the hard way that the purple worm's tail contains poison beyond just the tip, failing to remove the entire poison sack, she almost poisoned one of the nobles of the Drow house and she suffered for it, Lady Xellain, the matron ordered her arcane advisor to burn her with arcane fire for her stupidity. It was then she learn to hate her master, where she had tolerated and got along before. She planned and executed her escape only a few days later.

When it came to sneaking about, Arimira was no match for the Drow and she was caught by another hunting party, this time from the House Platin. It wasn't what she expected when they took her in, they weren't the same as the other Drow family and actually freed her of her slavery and found a use for her.

The Player: I'm looking for another game, since I'm not quite overwhelmed yet and I have always loved the Underdark as a setting ever since I read the Drizzt Do'Urden books.

Last edited by Red Leper; Jun 8th, 2024 at 08:33 PM.
Old Jun 10th, 2024, 11:27 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31103
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot lasgun View Post
are there any rules on chat-gpt generated feats or backgrounds?
Chat-gpt would not be a source I would allow
Old Jun 10th, 2024, 11:31 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
Fair point. Could be an artifact from the original advertisement that wasn't updated for this new recruitment drive, or at least that's my initial assumption.

Mind clearing that up for us, ysolde?
It wasn’t updated there. Level 10 for all.

I’ll be sending out some PMs tomorrow now that I am feeling better

Last edited by Ysolde; Jun 10th, 2024 at 11:31 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 03:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4504
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
just thought id ask. never hurts

have fun yall
Old Jun 19th, 2024, 09:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Is this now closed?
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 01:23 PM
Downers 4th Regiment CO

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10894
Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart Sageheart
I believe it is. Great looking game!
Old Jul 1st, 2024, 09:17 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
I can support two more
Old Jul 2nd, 2024, 10:40 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31070
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysolde View Post
I can support two more
What's the party makeup at this point, Ysolde? Or are you going to pick two extra from the apps already turned in?
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 03:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
I am interested in putting a character together but party make up would be good

Alakatar Platin
Biographical Information
Alakatar Platin
4th Child of the Matron Mother
Eldest Son of the House
Race: Noble Drow
Stat spread:
Str:
Dex:
Con:
Int:
Wis:
Cha:
Feats:

Description
'Quote'

Description

Personality
'Quote'

Personality

Background
'Quote'

Background

RP Sample
'Quote'

RP Sample

Party Role:TBD

Player BioI have played DnD from 3.5 through to today as well as Pathfinder in the first edition but not the 2nd. I have been around the roleplaying games for a large portion of my life and DM in my real life groups so playing as a player online is what I would like to focus on.

Last edited by Zealot; Jul 5th, 2024 at 08:59 AM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 09:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19369
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Eroan Ettrian
Race/Gender/Age: High Elf (Moon Elf) / Male / 650+ years old
Class: UA for my +1 bookMystic 9 / Rogue 1
Alignment: Neutral good
Hometown: Evereska

Appearance: Eroan Ettrian is the oldest Elf that those not of that race are likely ever to see. Indeed, few Elves have seen one of their fellows of such an advanced age. While he is manifestly healthy and strongly built, he also obviously bears the weight of more years than any human can imagine. Those of races whose lifespans are measured in decades instead of centuries often find Eroan's blend of adult vigor and obvious great age to be very disconcerting. His muscular body is covered in tattoos, some of which have become almost invisible with age, while others could have been inked yesterday. The extensive tattooing adds to Eroan's somewhat unsettling appearance. None of the designs have any clear meaning to the observer, but no sane person would cover one's entire body unless those markings had deep significance.

Personality: Reserved by nature and intellectual by long training, the passing of the centuries and the relentless focus on the life of the mind have left Eroan a creature who is much more inclined to think than to act. The preference for thought over rash action is something that is tremendously frustrating to humans and other short-lived races, but Elves of a certain experience know that new and better opportunities usually emerge through patience and planning. None of this is to say that Eroan is either a pacifist or a coward. When appropriate, he is capable of blending might, magic, and the powers of the mind in devastating combinations.

Background: Kaliesh'erai agent (PHB custom background)

Backstory: The elves of Faerun are rightly known for their feats of magic. Elven mages have mastered the magics of divination, creation, and destruction, while the priests of the elven gods channel their divine powers both to nurture and to punish as needed. But the long lives and introspective natures of the elves give some few of those who seek it access to little-used inroads to the power of the mind and self-mastery. The most adept of these are the Kaliesh'erai, who for millennia untold have made their home quietly in deeply-hidden Evereska. There, they train and study, combing the pathways of probability for the precise moments when their uncommon skills and talents are most needed. Recent years have seen the order divided and depleted, but there are those, like Eroan, who are deeply committed to sustaining the Kaliesh'erai and recovering those things which have been lost.

Eroan Ettrian is not the most senior remaining member of the Kaliesh'erai, and he is far from the most powerful of his Order. He is, however, possessed of both a keen intelligence and a deep sense of wonder and exploration that, coupled with a steady temperament and modest demeanor, make him one whom the Order trusts without reservation to leave their mountain holdfast and roam the broader world for decades on end. When something far outside Evereska has gone badly wrong, Eroan can often be found in the vicinity - observing, sifting through wreckage, ascertaining causes, and, when needed, solving problems with surgical precision. Eroan spent many decades in Chult, searching for some of the order's stolen artifacts, rumored to have been secreted in the lost city of Mezro. But first, that lost city had to be found. It was there, deep in a labyrinth underneath Mezro, that he was ambushed by a Drow exploring party, captured, and carted unceremoniously off to Menzoberranzan. Fortunately, the slavers were intercepted by House Platin, and Eroan was rescued. Offered his freedom, the Wu Jen chose to serve the House, taking an opportunity to learn all he could about the Drow and the intriguing opportunity to serve good in that dark realm.

Family rank: Low. Recently adopted into the family, I try to be of service where and when I can. Coruban has found me useful since I arrived, and I hope to attract the interest of the Magister, Vern. A good lich deep in the heart of evil is most fascinating.

The player: I've never played with you before, I don't think, but I've seen your posts and posts you've nominated in the PotM forums, and it looks like you run a great game. Two things drew me to this game. I've wanted to get into a Spider Queen / Drow adventure for years, and always seemed to miss my chance. Plus, it's really hard to resist a high level game. Will I stick with this for at least a year? Absolutely. I've been in a Tomb of Annihilation game here for 6 years, and my other two main games are 2 or 3 years in by now. I'm here for the long haul.

Last edited by Berith; Jul 4th, 2024 at 06:58 AM.
Old Jul 5th, 2024, 06:23 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
What's the party makeup at this point, Ysolde? Or are you going to pick two extra from the apps already turned in?
I grabbed almost all of them. The makeup of the one I will likely send these next ones with is a monk, wizard, and a rogue/ranger.