RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 30th, 2024, 03:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7712
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I got: 15, 9, 13, 10, 13, 16. I am working on my Build too.

Are you allowing Trade Traditions?

Last edited by triedtherest; May 30th, 2024 at 04:36 AM.
Old May 30th, 2024, 04:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Absolutely.
Old May 30th, 2024, 12:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
A few more questions:

1) I have give Yasir the Guild Artist Tradition, which gives him (among other things) an extra Language per rank of Linguistics. Would this stack with his Racial Trait for three Languages per rank?

2) Do the Chosen get standard 3rd level starting gold of 3,000 gp, and given the low-magic nature of the Campaign are Magic Items allowed at the start?

3) Some of Yasir's Follower Talents can sell certain items for half price, could we use this to buy any starting Equipment.

4) Some of the Combat Talents are classed as Supernatural effects (such as Sparrow’s Path which grants a 1 Round Fly Speed, and becomes permanent at 8 Ranks of Fly), are these allowed in this as a low magic setting.

Last edited by triedtherest; May 30th, 2024 at 12:44 PM.
Old May 30th, 2024, 01:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
1) Sure.
2) Yes, and yes.
3) Hmm...I mean...I could allow it? I guess.
4) I'll allow them, yeah. It's actually why I allowed the Knightknight mageknight archetype.
Old May 30th, 2024, 02:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
For the Followers, there are only 15 of them, giving them the statistics of a Thorp:
- 500 GP Purchase Limit
- 1d4 Magic Items costing no more than 50 GP
- The 50% price reduction applies to weapons/armour/ammunition and alchemical items within the limits listed above.
Old May 30th, 2024, 04:26 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
namo
1/ Can we use Retraining (assuming we pay for it)?

2/ Why are the Gottrecs feared by other races?

3/ Is it on purpose that Commander and Sentinel are excluded from the list of available classes?

Last edited by namo; May 30th, 2024 at 06:44 PM.
Old May 30th, 2024, 09:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
1) Yes. Time and teachers will be more of an issue at the spire, though.
2) I mean, they're meant to look a little like grafted scions from Elden Ring. A little like Godrick the Grafted, too. It's entirely looks. I should add a similar thing to Inizari.
3) Commander, yes (I don't want a commander in the group). I just forgot about Sentinel.

Edit: Added more info on the Inizari, and added Sentinel to the list of available classes.

Last edited by Ermine; May 30th, 2024 at 11:07 PM.
Old May 31st, 2024, 06:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I should clear up something about magic: it exists and is intrinsic to various species. Some animals have magic, even. Also, there are magic items pretty much everywhere; eras and eras of them. They also come in quite a variety.

The characters are just limited on magic because the gods saw it as too powerful for them and essentially "nerfed" them for their hubris.

Edit: There will be opportunities later to take magic classes. I'll let you know the conditions when the ability arises.

Last edited by Ermine; May 31st, 2024 at 08:49 AM.
Old May 31st, 2024, 12:06 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
namo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I mean, they're meant to look a little like grafted scions from Elden Ring. A little like Godrick the Grafted, too.
3) Commander, yes (I don't want a commander in the group). I just forgot about Sentinel.
If you can provide some canon comparisons for the appearance of the other races as well, it would be great!
This definitely helped me to understand why they are feared.

I think you can use the Commander class without being a commander IC, but the ban is no problem for me; I don't intend to use it.

Right now I'm looking at a Derideri "monk" (Knightknight/Street Fighter Monk unarmed combatant) - I rolled well, so when you roll well you have to go for monks.
In terms of tradition, I've put together:
Quote:
Iron Fist [mix of Decisive Fist and Iron Breaker Style pre-made traditions]
Equipment: Critical Genius
Open Hand sphere
Berserker sphere
Variable: Individuals trained in the Iron First tradition gain either the Unarmored Training talent from the Equipment sphere or a talent from either the Berserker or Open Hand sphere as a bonus talent.
Though it may still change at the margin.

1/ Could you give us some rough indication (%) of the challenges we'll face: mostly combat? puzzles? social? exploration/survival?
2/ What about the type of opponents we'll face? This is with maneuvers in mind, e.g. will disarm be useful or only applicable 1% of the time, same for trip/grapple (not useful if we face mostly Huge+ creatures...).

Last edited by namo; May 31st, 2024 at 12:08 PM.
Old May 31st, 2024, 12:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
1) Probably 25% combat, 15%...puzzle-like things, 50% exploration (if I let triedtherest in, you won't have to worry about survival), and 10% social. I'm not 100% sure on this, though.
2) I was just on this topic in my head. Basically, there will be quite an array. Some humanoid, others not. However, huge+ creatures won't be a problem.

Some of the other races I deliberately left vague.
And I'm literally just not allowing Commander because I don't like the class. ^//^

Last edited by Ermine; May 31st, 2024 at 12:23 PM.
Old May 31st, 2024, 02:40 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Aras3 Aras3 Aras3 Aras3
Quote:
* Can choose racial feats in addition to combat feats. Only available to Fighter class. You cannot take more than one racial feat per level, and cannot take a racial feat two levels in a row (such as using a regular feat slot at 3rd level and a bonus feat at 4th level, or a bonus racial feat at 5th level and a bonus combat feat at 6th level).
This limitation is only for those who select Fighter as their class or for everyone?
Old May 31st, 2024, 07:38 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LlaApendici LlaApendici
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
Edit 3: I...kind of want to allow veilweaving feats (meldshaping is the best thing to come out of D&D3.5). But they'd have to be racial feats in this setting. Should I allow it? And if so: new race or pajushri?
YOU ARE NOW MY INCARNUM BROTHER.

I willl try to come with an idea soon.
Old May 31st, 2024, 10:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras3 View Post
This limitation is only for those who select Fighter as their class or for everyone?
Basically, fighters can take 10 racial feats, and everyone else just gets 5. That's what I was trying to convey. Racial feats can't be taken as normal feats. So...it really only applies to fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlaApendici View Post
YOU ARE NOW MY INCARNUM BROTHER.

I willl try to come with an idea soon.
Sister. But yeah, incarnum is the best. ^~^
Old Jun 2nd, 2024, 03:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Aras3 Aras3 Aras3 Aras3
Name: Draivan of the Mold
Race: Shrevan Human with Racial Heritage (Pajushri) and Adopted trait (Inizari)
Class: Rogue with Akashic talents
Alignment: True Neutral

Description: Draivan's black hair and skin has some white spots, due to the mold forming in his skin. His eyes look around, searching for new experiences or things to discover. Despite this curiosity the human has a chainshirt, showing that he is prepared for everything he can find. The man is dressed in what seems more rag than full clothes otherwise.

History: Draivan is an experiment from the Inizari. They wanted a fully alive psionic being. With a human with Pajushri blood that could shape veils, they conjured a list of psionic veils. Draivan (or Subject 94 as the Inizari initially called him) is ready to test his abilities in the real world. The Inizari almost immediately made him to participate in an adventuring party to push his limits. Others Subjects are equally tested. It is the hope of the Inizari that if a male and female survive, they mate and procreate a full living psionic and akashic being.

Last edited by Aras3; Jun 19th, 2024 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jun 2nd, 2024, 04:13 PM
You remind me of the Babe

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13364
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Scavenger of the Wastes - WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Toole
Class: Fighter (Coiled Blade)
Race: Menenesi
Role: HP/AC Tank. AoO DPS. Off Healer

Appearance:
Toole is a ramshackle construct of various recovered parts salvaged from several different constructs found throughout his adventures. A Ship of Theseus of sorts, his original body has long been replaced part by part as he has delved into the depths of several dungeons to upgrade himself in an unending quest to become the best he can be.

What remains is his stylistic choices of a duster hat and a long flowing trenchcoat, with shiny polished gear, because half of image is marketing.

Personality:
WIP

Backstory:
WIP

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; Jun 2nd, 2024 at 10:34 PM.