twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 10th, 2024, 12:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Changed my mind re: Malut spheres. I AM going to rework their feats, though. As is, even without being a fighter to get all the feats, they are super powerful.

Edit: Shifted some stuff around. Made a few little changes.

Edit 2: Also gave pajushri the OPTION to take veilweaving sphere, but as an alternate feature.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 10th, 2024 at 12:45 PM.
Old Jun 10th, 2024, 02:41 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LlaApendici LlaApendici
But isn't the sphere considered more powerful than just regular veilweaving?
Old Jun 10th, 2024, 02:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10978
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Interested, as I appreciate a good PF game and just lost a game.

The Dirje looks fun to play. Is it just a human-looking creature with a set of small stumpy arms and clawed fingers, or is there something more? I like to do AI artwork for my PCs.

Last edited by Grouchy; Jun 10th, 2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old Jun 10th, 2024, 09:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I left it vague on purpose to make it easier to find pics.
Old Jun 10th, 2024, 11:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlaApendici View Post
But isn't the sphere considered more powerful than just regular veilweaving?
It can be. At least with the veilweaving sphere. But since you'd at best be a half-caster, a lot of options are locked that you'd be able to do with the feats normally. Specifically accessing the Higher Chakra slots for binding.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 11th, 2024 at 02:51 AM.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 08:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I left it vague on purpose to make it easier to find pics.
Very cool. App complete.

Sadly pencil drawings do not look as cool when they are made smaller for RPGX.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Johga
Race: Dirje
Class: Brawler 3 (vanilla archetype)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance:
Standing head and shoulders above the average man, Jogha is a powerfully built brown-skinned man with short black hair and red eyes. He has two pairs of arms - one large muscular pair with a set of clawed hands, and a smaller thinner pair that emanate from underneath his armpit area. He has thick facial features and his mouth is full of small fangs. He favors chain mail and leather, and has no visible weapons on his person.

Personality:
Johga has embraced the martial code of the Dirje, and is a brave and honorable man. He is bold but respectful, and is never one to turn away from a good fight against a worthy opponent. He has always been a physically minded person and enjoys working his body and hard training. He enjoys testing himself and tries to avoid the slow death of comfort as much as possible, often going to extremes (e.g. he has not slept on an actual bed in years, and prefers to stand even when chairs are available). Gold is secondary to him, but glory is something that lasts even beyond your death. He is highly self-disciplined and strict on himself, but tends to be more empathetic towards others. He is incredibly persistent and stubborn, and once he sets his mind to something he will do his best to accomplish his goal even if he dies trying.

History:
Apprenticed to a miller at an early age, Jogha enjoyed the physical work but felt there was something more to life. An impromptu visit to town one day introduced him to the joy of wrestling - there was a local tournament among all the young men, and on a whim Jogha signed up. He got to the final match against another Dirje by the name of Burakk and after a long match Jogha eventually was overcome and Burakk won the tournament. However, Burakk's teacher, his father Tairo, saw the raw talent in Jogha and offered to train him. Every evening after the day's chores were done, Jogha would walk a few miles to a nearby farm where he and several other Dirje youth were trained by Tairo in the martial traditions of the Dirje. They would wrestle each other, lift stones and logs, run up and down the fields, climb the barn, and swim in the nearby river. Over time Jogha became the most dominant fighter to be trained by Tairo, second only to his son Burakk, who became Jogha's best friend.

It was Burakk who pushed for Jogha to join the adventurer's guild, and Jogha realized it gave him another avenue of excitement and adventure. The two adventured together several times until several months ago, when Burakk took a contract during Jogha's busy season at the mill. Burakk fell in the line of duty, and Jogha was part of the group that went to retrieve him. Jogha now devotes part of his guild income to supporting the elderly Tairo, whose lower arms have grown numb and are affecting his work on the farm, causing him to have to hire out other young Dirje. Jogha is still an active member of the adventurer's guild and has worked with most of the other adventurers at least once during his tenure with the guild.

Last edited by Grouchy; Jun 12th, 2024 at 08:01 AM.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 10:08 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
TBC
right-aligned image

Name: TBC
Class: TBC (TBC)
Race: TBC
Role: Frontline DPS

Appearance:
TBC

Personality:
TBC

Backstory:
TBC
Old Jun 12th, 2024, 08:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Jogha the Dirje Brawler is complete. He looks like a lot of fun to play. Grapple and Natural Weapons build.
Old Jun 12th, 2024, 08:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
You sure you don't wanna throw some Spheres in there to be even better at it?

Edit: Also, I'll be picking who's in the game on the 1st of July. Get at least a mock up of your application by then to be considered (it does not need to be complete).

Additionally, I will be on vacation the 14th through the 27th of July (technically longer, but those are the times when I'll be traveling), so I'll be a LITTLE less active, and have a different schedule (since I work nights normally and will have to be awake during the day there).

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 12th, 2024 at 08:36 AM.
Old Jun 12th, 2024, 10:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
You sure you don't wanna throw some Spheres in there to be even better at it?
I was leaning towards Striker initially, I'm not too familiar with SoM so I might need to do some more research. I actually just saw Deadly Grapple and Feral Combat Training basically do the same thing, so I'll have to fix that anyways.

Consider me mulling!
Old Jun 12th, 2024, 04:47 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
namo
The Way is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily.
Every day when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon
being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords,
being shaken to death by a great earthquake,
being thrown into the midst of a great fire,
being carried away by surging waves,
falling from thousand-foot cliffs,
being struck by lightning,
or dying of disease.

And every day without fail one should consider oneself as dead.

adapted from Jim Jarmusch's Ghost Dog

right-aligned image

Name: Chucho
Race: Derideri
Class: Knightknight 2/Unchained Monk 1
Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance
Chucho is old, and it shows: his jowls are especially saggy, there are tufts of hair missing here and there.
For all that, he is still spry, and moves with lithe determination.
His expressive, slightly watery brown eyes do not show that he is always ready for battle, nor can one guess that his often pricked-up ears are always listening for the next death coming his way.
Under his robes, his wiry body is all muscles and scars.

Personality
He is an easy companion: a good listener who takes interest in others, he also likes to be of service, and minds neither menial tasks nor grand strategical planning.
He is soft-spoken, yet his words are forceful and carry deceptive weight; as is the way of his people, his two tails contribute to his expressing himself, emphasizing sentiments or signaling a joke - but most other races are not fluent enough to speak "deri-tail".
He is forever on a path of self-betterment, yet remains cognizant of the futility of it all.

Faith
He is more spiritual than religious, and who can blame him with the madness of the gods?
Among them, he feels closest to Margrim, who holds the balance of life and death in his palm. He holds gardeners in high regard, higher than warriors like himself.

The spiritual movement he is part of, whose followers call simply "The Way", does emphasize death, but not to induce depression or incite detachment: to the contrary, life is to be lived fully, with no holds barred.

History
Chucho has been part of the Explorer' Guild for a long time... so long that he was in fact retired before his joining the expedition was requested. He has metaphorically dusted his boots and cloak (he wears neither of those things) to walk the roads of the world again.
He is renowned especially for his fairly wide knowledge of monsters.

He joined the guild as a young, boastful derideri, eager to see the world beyond the artificial boundary of his city. He has seen other cities, countless wonders... and more death and violence than he cares to talk about.

Last edited by namo; Jun 22nd, 2024 at 04:36 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 01:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Moving the date back to June 29th (the saturday before the 1st) because I don't want to pick stuff on a monday.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 06:26 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
ATurna ATurna
Name: Ziuldaiana of the Days Without Mornings
Race: Malangi Human
Class: Suicide Soldier Urban Barbarian
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Description: Ziuldaiana is a girl with open wide brown eyes, short black hair and that walks awkwardly as if it is somewhat unnatural for her to do so. Her clothes are always damped and her armor and starknife seem ancient and with strange symbols in them.

History: Ziuldaiana grew up in a cult following the teachers of the Dark Beyond. Her family has long been lost to the machinations of Gralf Kleman, the cleric of Cthulhu, and she grew up with the only purpose in life to serve the old priest. Gralf died a few months ago, however, and since then, Ziuldaiana is without an objective in life. Only from time to time she seems to dance for whatever god she fancies in that day.
Old Jun 19th, 2024, 03:50 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Aras3 Aras3 Aras3 Aras3
These are not Racial feats, but Heritage feats.
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.co...Heritage_Feats
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.co...onic_Awakening

A character that has psi-like abilities has the psionic subtype
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative...ionic-subtype/

Can I use them to have a Inizari connection directly to my character and gain access to psionic feats and class options without helps of veilweaving?
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 05:16 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
ATurna ATurna
Quote:
On another note, if this doesn't get more interest, I'll take all of you, but split you into 3 groups of 2 (with our merchant friend alone, but able to take adventuring cohorts who are in the Explorer's Guild).

Edit: And if there are any archetype concepts you'd like to see homebrewed, I can look into making them for you.
So far, I count:

Eve Nightwhisper
Yasir bin Abadard XXIV
Draivan of the Mold
Toole
Villosis Stelro
Fluffy
Johga
Chucho
Ziuldaiana of the Days Without Mornings

Do you still take us all?