Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Chosen of the Moon

Game NameChosen of the Moon
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeExploration of the world beyond your home, doing things outside your comfort zone.
FlavourSimilar to Final Fantasy mixed with Deadlands. Mostly Final Fantasy.
Plot SummaryYou are innocent. It doesn't matter what crime they say you committed, it simply wasn't true, or was not even a real crime. Yes, indeed, your life is at an end tomorrow: Hanging Day. You and a few others, who also received mock trials in front of a known hanging judge.

But a mysterious stranger holds the keys to all your cells, your shackles, and your anti-magic devices, and promises to free you. How they got the keys is as mysterious as they are. They just ask for one thing in return: to kill the judge so he can't kill more innocent people. After that, they offer work, as well as general safety somewhere else. But you have to work fast, before things get extra challenging from the guards knowing you've escaped.
WorldThis is the world of Iùrn. We will be starting in the duchy of Prevado, where all of you have spent your lives up to this point. You have undertaken some adventures, sure, but they were all within the borders of Prevado. We are starting in the city of Meloria specifically, in the so-called "prison district." It houses the duchy's largest prison, where you are all currently incarcerated.

We are going to go elsewhere in the world once your dirty deed is done. Kind of by necessity, really, since you'll be fugitives and murderers by that point, clear conscience or not.

This story will feature a lot of "experiencing the world," as you and your characters learn more about Iùrn. It will have some combat, obviously, but it will not be a main focus, maybe one or two combat encounters per adventure. There may be stealth sections, social sections, etc., depending on what you are asked to do. It will be episodic with an overarching plot, as you work for this mysterious stranger doing seemingly questionable or sometimes completely justified, honest work. Not everything will be as it seems, and morally grey conflicts may arise. Will you get a taste for blood, a hunger for vice, or will you stick to your morals as best you can?
Races and Racial FeatsAll 1st party races are allowed, as are Spheres races (not Spheres of Origin) and Spheres alternate racial traits. The only exception to this is no construct races or races that don't breathe (since hanging wouldn't kill them).

All characters receive bonus feats at 1st, 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th level, usable only on the following: racial feats, Advanced Magic Training, Basic Magic Training, Extra Combat Talent, Extra Magic Talent, Extra Skill Talent, or Utilitarian Dilettante.
Classes and SpheresSpheres classes only (other than those explicitly allowed later). We are using all three Spheres systems (Guile, Might, and Power). Trade traditions are allowed for all classes. Spheres archetypes of non-spheres classes will be allowed on a case-by-case basis.

Veilweaving and Bear spheres are allowed (though no akashic feats, even from other sources, such as alternate racial traits); veilweaving can only be done through the sphere. Some options for veils are overly powerful: please avoid them - if it feels cheesy using them, it probably is). Leadership sphere is allowed as long as you select non-adventuring cohorts (i.e., they stay with the cart; I want the action to be done by the characters, not an army of minions). Pilot sphere is not allowed, and neither are Tech, Technomancy, or Tinker spheres.

As much as I like Prodigy, Sage, and Wraith, I'm not going to allow them. Technician is likewise not allowed.

I would like at least one person to play a Theorist. (I just want to see one in action, to live vicariously since I can't play my gambler theorist anywhere at the moment). If you're the only one who applies as one, you're pretty much guaranteed to get in if you have a fitting enough character. A Dissident would be nice just so I can see one that's actually active, but not necessary. I know for one of my planned things, if a gunslinger or someone capable of using pistols is in the party, they will be very happy when it's over.

Other classes that are allowed (list may expand as people ask for more): Adventurer Ranger, Alchemist (must take a spheres archetype or the Tanuki-jin archetype, below), Ascendant Aegis (Dreamscarred Press and Lost Spheres Publishing), Bloodrager (spheres archetypes only), Fighter (any spheres archetype only), Gunslinger (must take a spheres archetype or the Jaeger archetype, below), Inheritor Sorcerer (requiring Sphere Sorcerer as normal), Pactmaker (Radiance House), Rogue (Unchained, Spheres archetypes only), Sphere Cleric, Sphere Oracle, Sphereshaper (Lost Spheres Publishing).
OtherWe are not using Gestalt rules or EitR. We ARE using background skills. We are using the Guns Everywhere rules, and are using advanced firearms alongside older ones.

We are rolling for stats (4d6 drop the lowest die, seven times, drop the lowest score). HP after 1st level is rolled, as well. Do not roll in this thread, however.

Starting level is 5, and starting gold is standard for 5th level characters (10500 gold). Despite the initial circumstances, you will have your gear quickly (except for carts and mounts, which have been confiscated and redistributed). Left over gold was also confiscated and won't be going back to you, so...maybe spend as much as you can.

Everyone must be of a good alignment, but not necessarily lawful.

All non-campaign traits are available. You get two of them. I didn't feel like making a bunch of campaign traits for this campaign. ^//^

Post rate will be roughly once per week. Combat will be theater of the mind.

Custom Casting, Martial, and Trade traditions are allowed. Obviously, the more thematic, the better. We are not using Spheres of Origin, so no Origin traditions, or elements from Spheres of Origin.
Deities
Brynn, nonbinary deity of intervention and the moon CGdomains: chaos, darkness, good, liberation, luck, madness, travel, trickeryfavored weapon: revolver (it has changed over the years)
Molglybnie, god of forbidden knowledgeTN domains: animal, charm, community, earth, knowledge, magic, plant, rune, void, weatherfavored weapon: quarterstaff
Narys, goddess of the sunLE domains: air, artifice, death, destruction, evil, fire, glory, healing, law, light, nobility, repose, scalykind, sun, war favored weapon: rapier
Selinée, goddess of river's strengthLGdomains: community, good, healing, law, liberation, nobility, protection, strength, water favored weapon: kusarigama

There are more (i.e., you can make some up), they are just lesser deities with only 1 or 2 domains, 3 if they're lucky.
Additional Content and Character Options
Jaeger Gunslinger

Tanuki-jin Alchemist

Inscribe Alchemical TattooAlchemist Discovery: Inscribe Alchemical Tattoo
This functions identically to the Inscribe Magical Tattoo feat, but you can use extracts in addition to spells for spell prerequisites, your tattoos are considered alchemical items, and you treat your ranks in Craft (Alchemy) as your caster level. You must use Craft (Alchemy) to inscribe your alchemical tattoos. You must be at least 6th level and have the Infusion discovery to select this discovery.
Dragoon LeapMageknight Mystic Combat: Dragoon Leap
(Requires Great Fall, Level 10, and the Diving Strike or Dolphin Strike talents)
Great Fall does not reduce the damage you deal from Diving Strike or Dolphin Strike, even though your own fall damage is reduced. For example, if you fall 100 feet at 20th level, you still deal 10d6 additional damage, even though you take no fall damage.
ApplicationName:
Class:
Role(s):
Race:
Deity: (just need to be within one alignment step, not necessarily the same alignment)
Key Ability: (Casting/Operator/Practitioner ability modifier)
Casting Tradition, if any:
Martial Tradition, if any:
Trade Tradition, if any:
Feats Taken: (Don't forget your two bonus racial feats!)
Traits Taken: (Two non-campaign traits)

Accusation: (The crime you were accused of. Anything from "murder" to "wearing three different colors on a tuesday.")
Alibi: (What you were actually doing at the time, that the judge ignored. Don't technically need this, I'm just curious what type of person your character is.)

Description: (Appearance, personality, and the like.)

Family: (Some info on your family, if you have one.)

Motivations: (At least two major and two minor motivations.)

History: (Your tragic backstory. Or not so tragic. Just not necessarily comedic. Keep in mind you are starting at level 5, and have never left your home duchy.)

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 4th, 2024 at 10:58 PM.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 11:18 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
namo
I might make an "Ice Gunmage" for this, but I'll first re-read the Theorist, when I can.

Last edited by namo; Jun 4th, 2024 at 11:18 AM.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 12:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6983
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Wow, a lot to take it, but I think I'll be interested in this.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 01:40 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1060
nande nande nande nande nande nande nande nande
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Wow, a lot to take it, but I think I'll be interested in this.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
I've only ever looked over the spheres stuff once before, do you prefer people with more experience or are newbies welcome?
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 01:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Everyone is welcome. ^~^
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 03:15 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8025
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I'm interested, but I've gotta ask, what's wrong with wraiths? I was hoping to make a worshipper of an outer dragon so brushing up on my pathfinder cosmology (assuming the standard pathfinder cosmology applies) and dreamed up a mortal servant to a crypt dragon, hoping for them to parley them a spot into a good afterlife when the time came. For a character powered by a crypt dragon, it seems like a wraith would be a good class.

This isn't me trying to have you re-evaluate your statement, just me being curious and throwing my spitballed idea at the board.

I'm operating normally!
Coherence is optional, personality is not.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 03:45 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1060
nande nande nande nande nande nande nande nande
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
Everyone is welcome. ^~^
Nice!
Is there a place to roll stats? I find it helps get the ideas rolling.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 05:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7812
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Do characters HAVE to have a Spheres Archetype or can they be vanilla versions of the class (Rogue/Fighter etc) with the rebuild rules for making them Might/Guile Characters?
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 05:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Good question, like nande, I been in one game that had spheres, but I didn't have to use it. It was a bit confusing, but this time, who knows. I may try it, or not if I don't have to.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 09:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
I'm interested, but I've gotta ask, what's wrong with wraiths? I was hoping to make a worshipper of an outer dragon so brushing up on my pathfinder cosmology (assuming the standard pathfinder cosmology applies) and dreamed up a mortal servant to a crypt dragon, hoping for them to parley them a spot into a good afterlife when the time came. For a character powered by a crypt dragon, it seems like a wraith would be a good class.

This isn't me trying to have you re-evaluate your statement, just me being curious and throwing my spitballed idea at the board.
It's entirely that they're un-hangable.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 09:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by nande View Post
Nice!
Is there a place to roll stats? I find it helps get the ideas rolling.
Soon. Like...in an hour, I'll post a link. If nor earlier.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 09:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Do characters HAVE to have a Spheres Archetype or can they be vanilla versions of the class (Rogue/Fighter etc) with the rebuild rules for making them Might/Guile Characters?
As long as they have spheres, they're probably good. Pactmaker class is the only exception thus far, and it, too, can use Spheres of Guile. I may even make a spheres archetype for it.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 4th, 2024 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 10:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Well, I decided to bow out. Just too much to take in. Have fun everyone!
Old Jun 4th, 2024, 10:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That's unfortunate.

dice thread

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 4th, 2024 at 10:20 PM.
Old Jun 5th, 2024, 02:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
I was hoping to make a worshipper of an outer dragon so brushing up on my pathfinder cosmology (assuming the standard pathfinder cosmology applies) and dreamed up a mortal servant to a crypt dragon, hoping for them to parley them a spot into a good afterlife when the time came. For a character powered by a crypt dragon, it seems like a wraith would be a good class.
I missed thia whole part. You can make your own outer dragon to worship, but normal deities from pathfinder are stronger than the deities you'll be using if you don't worship the big 4. Like I said in the OP, they get 1-3 domains.

I'm cool with outer dragons, and may allow wraiths later.

Dragons also use Spheres, not that it'll affect you much.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 6th, 2024 at 08:47 AM.