RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 5th, 2024, 08:34 AM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8025
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Wraiths can't die from hanging? That seems... odd... but I'll admit that the wraith class has some impressively long explanations though, and I probably don't intend to read the whole thing. Most unkillable thing seems the wraith form, but that's limited to rounds/day.

Either way. I think I'm going to reign myself in. There's a game I wanted to make myself, but I keep distracting myself from actually doing anything productive about it. I may join if you need some new players at a later date, but for now I'm going to ban myself from making an application.

I'm operating normally!
Coherence is optional, personality is not.

Last edited by Sirviantis; Jun 5th, 2024 at 08:34 AM.
Old Jun 5th, 2024, 08:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Aww. I looked forward to seeing you. But if you're going to make your own game, I'd be cool with that.

And yeah, all it takes is one wraith form to escape. But I guess antimagic devices could prevent that, too...

Or an antimagic zone that the prison is in. I may change it to that.

Edit: Antimagic cuffs and collars. No antimagic zone.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 5th, 2024 at 09:52 AM.
Old Jun 5th, 2024, 03:59 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1044
nande nande nande nande nande nande nande nande
WIP
left-aligned image

Name: Iershia, Witch of the Lifespring

Class: Incanter 1/Lichling 4
Role(s): Healer/Debuffer
Race: Sylph
Deity: Molglybnie

Casting Tradition: Biologician
Key Ability: Intelligence
- Focus Casting, Prepared Spellcaster, Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting, Witchmarked; Destruction (Shape Focus: Destructive Orb)
- Destruction (Gather Energy), +1SP/level

Trade Tradition:

Feats Taken: Craft Implement of Power, Extra Magic Talent (2), Sphere Focus: Life, Wellspring of Healing
Traits Taken: Community-Minded, Student of Philosophy

Accusation: Murder.
Alibi: Known locally as a witch with a command of healing magicks, she was falsely blamed for the stillbirth of a noble's son and branded a heretical traitor.

Description: A lean, ashen-faced woman covered in well-worn robes and blood-stained bandages. She carries a long, gnarled staff that thrums with power, and wears a serene, welcoming expression in stark contrast to her gaunt and dishevelled appearance. She has often been seen talking to herself and smiling, as if holding a conversation with some imaginary person invisible to the eyes of others.

Family: None living, though remnants of their spirits travel with her.

Motivations: (At least two major and two minor motivations.)

History: (Your tragic backstory. Or not so tragic. Just not necessarily comedic. Keep in mind you are starting at level 5, and have never left your home duchy.)
Build and Mechanics

Last edited by nande; Jun 12th, 2024 at 02:06 PM.
Old Jun 6th, 2024, 09:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If there are any concepts for archetypes you'd like to see that don't exist, feel free to ask for them; I really like to homebrew.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 6th, 2024 at 09:21 AM.
Old Jun 7th, 2024, 12:56 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1044
nande nande nande nande nande nande nande nande
I should be fine using the existing classes, every time I open the wiki I find something new and interesting. My general concept was to invest in the Life sphere because I heard it's actually viable to play a healer with SoP, and then compliment the support roll with debuffs from Death, maybe with Triple Goddess or Soul Warden, but then I noticed the Affliction talent in the Life sphere and am pondering going all in on Life for both healing and debuffs. I'd also like to take at least a couple of talents in a second sphere to avoid being a complete one trick pony, but still in keeping with the support role; Death, Enhancement, Light, Fate, Protection, I don't really know for sure yet.
Old Jun 7th, 2024, 03:35 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Okay, I cannot let this go, and I really just ought to make more time to spend here and quell my youtube addiction. I'm gonna make an application anyway. And more specifically I'm going to make an application for a troubadour (maybe a binder one) focussed on using an actor training to qualify for demonic posession and finally use one of my favourite spells.

I'm operating normally!
Old Jun 7th, 2024, 04:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That 21 Charisma may be a little hard to get. ^//^ Depending on your rolls, of course.
Old Jun 7th, 2024, 05:03 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, no actually, I thought of that!

The troubadour has an actor training that gives them a bonus to ALL ability scores equal to their class level, but ONLY for the purposes of qualifying for feats.

This makes sense, as quite a few classes have abilities that increase certain stats for the purposes of qualifying for feats, Troubadour personas typically get options to get a feat appropriate to their persona, (so, combat feats for their warrior persona, bardic performances for their bard persona, and I'm sure there's more cases where inflated ability scores qualify for feats and such), but they do not get any other means to help them in qualifying for feats.

It just happens to enable demonic possession.

Speaking of my character. I realised that the main draw of the binder archetype is the whole "conjure extraplanar entities to be part of you" but the actual features don't really interest me all that much (although, I do have to admit, there's probably a cool natural attack build to be made with it). Would you object to my flavouring the various disguises and personas (partly) as conjuring extraplanar entities to be part of my character?

I'm operating normally!
Old Jun 7th, 2024, 10:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That'd be fine. ^~^
Old Jun 8th, 2024, 08:29 AM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
I think it's pretty obvious that this is still a work in progress.

Elyria Ororin
right-aligned image
Name: Elyria Ororin
Class: Troubadour
Role(s): Body stealing, face, stealthy type, skill monkey, combat disruption?
Race: Human
Deity: Molglybnie & Pharasma
Key Ability: Charisma
Casting Tradition, if any: TBD
Martial Tradition, if any: TBD
Trade Tradition, if any: TBD
Feats Taken: Planar Heritage (demon), Demonic Posession, Spirit Vision, Improved Possession
Traits Taken: Gift for magic: Alteration &
Motivations:
  • Major Desire: Security. trauma is shoved inside a small section of her mind in a dark corner, but that only makes it more obvious how much it pushes against everything else. She seeks to grow past it by either fleeing the percieved reach of the Ororin family or by having more power the family.
  • Major Major Goals: Elyria is intimately familiar with how the quest for immortality disfigures a soul. She's sworn to end such practices where possible, and will travel and fight to achieve this goal. This extends beyond repeated emulation of the same person through alchemy to include vampirism, lichdom, youth spells and more.
  • Major Strong relationship: Since her soul has been fully amalgamated with those bound to her by her father she feels distant to most people. This makes hers an entirely lonely existence. She doesn't hope to find someone exactly like her, but hopes to at least find someone similar enough to understand her loneliness.
  • Minor Comforts : Elyria is not unburdened by the endless hunger for luxury that is her family's curse.
  • Minor Secondary relationships: Much like exotic delicacies, Elyria has a similarly strong drive to experience exotic and new personalities. Though these contacts are typically brief, she is no less motivated to pursue them.

Accusation: Sabotage, Destruction of property, Endangerment. Elyria was charged with the crimes commited when she tried to escape from her family's manor. Sabotaging their alchemical laboratories, Destroying the codified recipes for their alchemy and generally endangering her family by starting a fire between a lot of volatile and dangerous alchemical compounds.
Alibi: Elyria is guilty of these crimes, but what the judge neglected to consider was the reason why she did this: Her family was poisoning and torturing her for neglect of their secret alchemy.

Personality: In general, Elyria contains a multitude of presences inside her. There's a number of outside perspectives capable of deliberating very quickly, which has the effect of her coming across rather calm and distant. And it is true that her amalgamated nature makes it somewhat difficult to form meaninful relationships. From a certain point of view she sees herself as having transcended pure humanity. This remarkably does not show itself in any haughty behaviour though, the nephilem merely sees herself as an alternative, not an ascended or more base form of being. What is notable though is that she feels more closer to others with similarly peculiar states of being. It's not that she ever expects to find someone who feels like the same species, but rather that she could commiserate with fellow aliens.

Elyria is uniquely driven by her goals to end artificial life extension, and she might look ill to older members of the longer lived species by extension. This involves normal killing, but also the destruction of such knowledge. In this goal she is hindered by her fear of such creatures and practices. She knows that anyone desperate enough to artificially lenthen their life clings to it desperately enough to pose a sever risk.

A notable point is that despite Elyria's soul being an amalgamation of her own and an unclear number of extraplanar entities and despite calling themselves a perfect amalgamation, this does not mean that disputes cannot exist. In these cases any dissonant voices are allowed to speak and interrupt the normally calm chorus of collaborative minds. After all, all the voices in her soul deserve to be represented. Concretely this means that she occasionally interrupts herself with something completely opposite to what she was saying. This is more common in stressful situations.

Appearance: The Ororin bloodline is mixed with a thousand different sources of magic, and their progeny looks like it. For her part, Elyria has always looked fairly normal. The oldest characteristic tokens of her lineage manifest in an unlikely blend of celestial and infernal blood. Unexpectedly, these influences mixed well in general, though the nephilem is marked by mismatched eyes. One shines like blue like the sky, while the other radiates the burnt orange of a sunset. The notable and dark brows above them don't match the ginger hair flowing smoothly from her scalp. Her natural skin tone is not pulled in question by her red hair though, Elyria's skin tones range from alabaster to a sand-y beige. With her sorely lacking magical talents, Elyria's only hope for serving the family goal of producing the perfect sorcerous heir was to bring new blood into the line and it'd need to be powerful enough to compensate for her lack of magical prowess. Her body would certainly help in that regard though, being toned and slender but with curves in all the right places.

Family: The Ororin family's rise to power began with Valeria Orerin. Her parents were as poor as they were unnoteworthy, but somehow they managed to scrounge together enough money to send her to an alchemical college. The girl showed promise, and eventually managed to devise a potion which gave unlocked a persons genetic memory. She kept it secret, but made enough money to afford the same life for her descendants. Still, she knew the struggle to survive against disease and famine like none in this age. She used a similar alchemy to acquaint her offspring with this drive to survive, this endless hunger, that they might never fail to try for greatness. In a dark age, Aria Ororin, discovered another use for the potion. With the right mental cues, a memory of a single genetic ancestor could be made to take over any Ororin with acces to their genetic memory. In a long-forgotten time of financial duress and plague, this allowed the Ororin line to pervail. Being a semi-important family that made it through a ruinous time wetted their apetite for power. The clan began to gather power through alliance, effectively seeking out masters of the arcane, to add new mysteries to their offspring collective knowledge and power. Nowadays, the Ororin's hunger is far from sated. They hold several positions of power throughout the land, and coundil more yet, but they've not made any significant breakthroughs on the subject of asserting their personality over another through arcane means.

Valeria's memory still haunts the family, and as such members of the family are drawn to luxuries and excess. Similarly, they the pursuit of eternal life without undeath is the only thing considered more important than the ammesment of wealth and power. Aria Ororin, or at least a copy of her consciousness tempered by generations of being remembered, still rules the house despite holding no formal positions of power. This is a relatively guarded secret. The house takes the chimera for their crest.

History: Elyria was born during a time where the Ororin family was struggling to realise much progress in extending their life through unlocking the genetic memories and possessing others. In fact, more and more of their family was born without acces to the genetic memories which their mother was born with. Despite the most exotic blend of celestial and infernal blood running through her veins, Elyria was one of these omens of decline. This is not to say that she had no value to the Ororin line's goals. Without these genetic memories, she was dull-witted and guilible: A prime target for experimentation.

Elyria's father, Isyr, was made all the more desparate by the death of her mother in concieving her. The man wasn't an Ororin, but his magical skill was all that kept him from being submitted to experimentation himself. In the years he spent in research for a new way of transfering a soul into a new body, Elyria was sent to the temple of Molglybnie for education. The family was ill-equipped to deal with toddlers.

Being a prodigious conjurer, Isyr's thoughts immediately went to abusing the ethereal plane: Releasing the soul from one body for it to displace another from it's body. By the time Isyr was ready for his experiments, his mongrel daughter only started the beginnings of artimethic. She was brought home. Isyr took months for his attempts. Binding weaker devils to his daughter for their possession prowess, angels to guard her from the fiendish infestation, elementals to facilitate the traversal to the ethereal and a number of mundane spirits to guide her ethereal travels.

For all his theory though, Isyr knew not how to train the girl to wield these spirits. And the project was considered a failure. Isyr fled before he could be claimed for experimentation, and the girl was abandoned to the temple again. Elyria was forever damaged by the influences bound to her soul. No violence was wasted on Elyria, traumatised she was no threat to the family's motives and the family could only learn from and refine Isyr's failed attempts. Before anything useful could come of the girl though, she needed to mature. She had no inkling of the sciences her family held paramount yet, but Molglybnie's clergy would serve to provide an adequate basis for her to study the family's secret alchemies.

The temple took in Elyria without a second thought. What else could they do, the girl was one of them. There she continued her rudimentary education. The sisters fought tooth and nail to teach her more advanced lessons in magic and alchemy, but it was not easy. The spirits bound to Elyria's soul began to develop their influences. She earned more attention from the sisters as they tried to dispel her affliction, but they failed. Then came their ignoring the problem. Elyria was left alone, and out of boredom, curiousity, whim and external drive she left the temple and set out into Meloria.

It didn't take the girl very long to be taken advantage of by the cutpurses of the city, and soon the nephilem found that being a coinpurse lighter did nothing to make hunger any more bearable. The girl was still assaulted by the voices, which made her life as a beggar all the more difficult. The people kept their distance from the clearly schizophrenic girl, and left her alone with the voices haunting her. With no alternative and a sense of dejection she eventually decided to pay attention to the voiecs. She talked to them, learned of their oppinion, and in doing so learned to appease them.

Then came the hunger. It was a few days of especially slim pickings that motivated her to try her hand at kharmic vengeance. With hunger moving her hands it was difficult to pick pockets, but nothing works as well for quick fingers as a Djinni's guidance and enchanting spark. This was the first time she cooperated with her spirits. She ate well that night. And so the Ororin blood in her surged, growing used to the luxury and more hungry with every bite in learning her new trick.

Soon, her apetite outgrew her skill at picking pockets. And it was at this point that her family's spies came calling on her. She was invited to Ororin Manor, this time as a granddaughter to the current Aria. That was the official story, her family was never so welcoming. Her formal adoption only facilitated the continued examination. She was set to work as any family member should, and allowed to learn the secret alchemies. The fiend sniffed out the betrayal though, and it was this one that warned her. By now she knew what to expect of that infernal voice, it was a vicious, self-serving and impatient entity, but despite it being no liar it had the cunning of one. She listened, and traipsed through the manor looking for Isyr's long-condemned writings about her. Stealing them away with a hunger-honed talent for larceny.

She studied those instead, honing conjuration rather than alchemy, and perhaps by virtue of the latent genetic memory she managed to understand the texts. Two secrets were waiting to be uncovered here: The first allowed her to surge her connection to the spirits haunting her, weaving the quintessence tied to her soul into her physical form as well to take on aspects of their being into her body. It took a few years until the second part was uncovered. In this time, her new family found it necessary to motivate her to focus on her studies. She learned the hard way, that the Ororin memory did not go back far enough to include either pity or mercy, but advanced their alchemical knowledge to the point of bottling pain and fear. Elyria knew no antidote but a stiff upper lip and earthern constitution.

It was this shaitan voice that kept Elyria robust as her family motivated her continued studies with the tyrantine ruthlessness. Elyria attempted to study her alchemy, but the subject was antitethical to her very being as if the knowledge abjured the multitude inside. Instead she weathered the poisoning through sheer grit, though it wasn't without effect. In the despair induced by the poisoning, she grew less attached to the physical, it caused only pain. She grew to finally trust and accept the souls inside, forming a new Elyria more ready to rely on the strength of her souls and more resistant (though not yet fully inured to) the vices of the wealthy. It was this distance, and the largely non-native nature of her soul, that allowed this new Elyria to slip the limits of her flesh through meditation.

It was this meditation that allowed her to more easily weather the poisons to the point where she felt unaffected by the alchemically induced pain and fear. It wasn't long until she used this trance and clarity to meditate on Isyr's writings. With her soul now a fully realised amalgamation of outsiders only vaguely bound to her physical form, she slipped it. Her soul found an uncle of hers. Alchemy was antitethical to her being, but that only made it easier to spill their reagents, sabotage their labs and burn the notes. For the Ororin this would be a setback, their written notes were a formality and they had means to procure new reagents and equipment.

Still, the unexpected development caught the family off-guard, and in the ensuing chaos Elyria found her way back to her body. It was in pain, uncomfortable and weak compared to the previous skin she sampled, but in a state to run nonetheless. She spent months on the run, never straying far but hiding under different names and faces. She knew that her family would expect her to run far and wide, but she also knew that this was pointless: her family was spread far and wide. They'd not look for her close by though. She returned to roaming the streets of Meliora, but this time not as a beggar. She knew quite enough to be of good use to the local thieves guild, and after a brief initial test was put to use providing blackmail. In a group centered around uncovering secrets though, there's a limit to how far clever lies and good disguises can obfuscate your history. And the Ororin were ready to pay more than Elyria could ever win for the guild.

I'm operating normally!

Last edited by Sirviantis; Jun 22nd, 2024 at 05:09 AM.
Old Jun 8th, 2024, 03:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 681
Ath Ath Ath Ath Ath Ath
Are you accepting new players?
AKA
People new to Pathfinder, my only experience is with the video games.

Last edited by Ath; Jun 8th, 2024 at 03:31 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2024, 12:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Yep. You might have to do a lot of reading, though, since this game is using Spheres.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 9th, 2024 at 12:38 AM.
Old Jun 9th, 2024, 05:52 AM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, I just realised, I could go aasimar, and take the scion of humanity to count as human and qualify for planar heritage (devil) still, which would still allow acces to demonic possession with the benefit of being both an aasimar and a (psuedo)-tiefling at the same time (and I'd get a cool an extra +2, which isn't necessary, because my attribute scores get inflated for feat prereqs anyway, but a +1 to perception other wisdom skills would be fun). Not much use for it beyond that though.

I'm operating normally!
Old Jun 9th, 2024, 09:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'll leave it up to you. ^~^
Old Jun 9th, 2024, 04:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16520
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
posting interest, really want to get a full spheres adventure in