RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 05:50 AM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8025
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Thanks for the note, It's intirely more awkward when the (presumably) one spelling mistake is in the line describing her name.

As for making an immortal character, I'm not opposed to the drama in the community, but I do think that Elyria would like to try and eradicate them. If you're making your character immortal, and you're doing so to piss of Elyria. I do think it's hardly sporting to decree as a GM "no interparty PvP" (I mean, Elyria isn't a very strong combattant by any means, but still) when you're building your character to earn the ire of another. I mean, I don't generally like interparty PvP or other forms of sabotage (rogue's stealing from the party, the barbarian not distinguishing friend from foe, a sorcerer's fireball obsession), but only because it's stereotypically done disrubtively. But if we can establish some ground rules... it might be a fun source of drama.

That said, I do feel like I'd have to remind you about something you said earlier about why wraiths aren't allowed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
It's entirely that they're un-hangable.
And also maybe put in my own thoughts on GMPC's a bit more elaborately. If we're going to be butting heads, I'd like to share my philosophy on the subject. I'm not opposed to GMPCs. In fact, from a cursory glance at my signature you'd find I have two out of three characters who are GMPCs. And while I don't currently play Aaron (who played in my pokémon game and I'm just eternally hopeful the GM running his adventure comes back to visit), I do play Ion (a character in my Prowlers & Paragons game). This latter game involves two teams running around in a world created by the GMs, meaning myself and another. We play in the games run by the other DM, so the only edge I have is that I have read co-authored the story bible and recognise the baddies for what they are. That said, the other DM isn't limited to only what's written down in the story bible, and we both use it mostly as a starting point (albeit a fairly elaborate one). It's not come up yet, but I don't intend to use the knowledge I have OoC to inform actions taken by my character. There's also cases where rules call for DM fiat, and in statting out my character Ion, I came across one. Specifically it was her using an omni-power. So rather than approving it myself, I asked my co-GM, explained what I wanted, why I wanted it provided character sheets using it and not using it and we went over what it could and couldn't do briefly.
In short, I approve of GMPCs, as long as they don't use GM knowledge or allowances to their advantage. And perhaps that includes running cases of DM fiat by a third party, (and I believe there's a forum on this site for inquiring about rules and rulings)

I hope this doesn't come across as very accusatory. I believe conflicts between characters add a nice vibe and tension to a game. If everyone works together you get stuff done, but if I exclusively wanted to get stuff done I could also file my taxes. I like drama and tension and unexpected problems, they make things interesting. And this can be a very good, deep source of drama and character development, but it needs to be handled well and I just don't feel like I know you well enough to not try and set some ground rules. And if you're also the GM, and as such the de facto person to adjudicate such conflicts, it gets iffy. I like IC conflict, but I'm not a particularly big fan of bringing it to OoC conflict.

I'm operating normally!
Coherence is optional, personality is not.
Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 08:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
I was mostly joking (I should know by now it doesn't come across in text). We have a lichling in the party already. I don't need to add to that. If I take Immortality, it's at least 90% 'cause I don't like tracking food and drink. (Also, they're still hangable up until level 10).

I'm unsure what I'll do, currently. I may not even use this most recent character. They just look promising. (Halfling Hedgewitch with Martial Hedgewitch and Dragonblooded Mortal archetypes).

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 22nd, 2024 at 09:13 AM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 09:18 AM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8025
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Ah, yes, I... have been known to go overboard when I think I'm writing something very profound. I might've gone overboard.

I'm operating normally!
Coherence is optional, personality is not.
Old Jun 22nd, 2024, 09:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Nah, you were right to say all that.
Old Jun 23rd, 2024, 08:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Currently exploring other options, as well. Mostly trying to find something that isn't too strong, but can be useful enough in the role of tank.

Edit: Currently working on a human warden. Control tank. Woo~

Edit 2: I'll be using this human warden.

Edit 3: I suppose I should mention that yes, people can take oaths if they want. Just not the Immortality oath boon because that would cause too much conflict. (Unless you break your oath).

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 23rd, 2024 at 02:04 PM.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 08:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
What do you guys think: should all spherecasters get the Cantrips feat for free? (I'm 60% yes-ing it, but not more because it would benefit me, as well)

Edit: Posted my character in the characters thread for this game for any who want to look.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 24th, 2024 at 09:02 AM.
Old Jun 25th, 2024, 06:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I mean, all three of you are in, so I may as well call it early. Go ahead and post your characters in the character thread.
Old Jun 25th, 2024, 10:14 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1044
nande nande nande nande nande nande nande nande
I'm away for a few days but will add myself when I get back.
Old Jun 25th, 2024, 10:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
Ah I was going to put a character together.

No worries, enjoy!
Old Jun 25th, 2024, 11:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'll let you put one together anyway~ Even though it's closed. You can be in it, too.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 12:09 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1044
nande nande nande nande nande nande nande nande
Hey guys, sorry to mess you around but I think I'm going to give this game a miss after all. My free time in the immediate future suddenly got cut reduced and I really shouldn't be taking on so many new games.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 12:16 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Aww, that's too bad.
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 05:32 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24068
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Wow, a total Spheres game? Before I get too deep into theory-crafting, is this still open to more players ?
Old Jul 10th, 2024, 10:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Not currently.

Last edited by Ermine; Yesterday at 01:33 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Actually...if you don't mind me still playing a GMPC, yeah, go ahead.