The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17307
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Tales from Falcon’s Hollow

Game NameTales from Falcon’s Hollow
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeChoices Matter, Time Matters, NPC Interaction Heavy, and community under threat
FlavourHeroic, Good Neighbours, Righting Wrongs
Game Information
ATTENTION: Please have your interest and bare-bones app posted by Friday, June 21st at Midnight (EST). Saturday 22nd is the last day you can request a review by me. You will have the weekend to complete your application. Characters will be selected Monday.

Synopsis This game will take place in Falcon’s Hollow. It will loosely cover a modified version of the five One-shots, Hollow’s Last Hope, Crown of the Kobold King, Carnival of Fear, Revenge of the Kobold King, and Hungry are the Dead, while using a variety of source books that expand on the region to populate a complete world.
IntroductionFalcon’s Hollow is a small logging town on the edge of the Andoran wilds that was established around 20 years ago. Sporting a population of only 1,400 people. The town is overwhelmingly human, with the next largest population being . Note: The halfling community are the original inhabitants of this land and welcomed and sheltered the first human settlers from a terrible winter. Halfling

Falcon’s Hollow is famous for only one thing: Logging. More than 1,000 of the 1,400 people that live in town work for the Logging Consortium. Because of this, the town has a staggering 5:1 man to woman ratio when it comes to adult humans in town. Most of the remainder farm the freshly logged land or run their own businesses in town.

The Logging Consortium is run by A title bestowed upon a Regional Manager of the Logging ConsortiumGavel Thuldrin Kreed, who is in essence the Mayor of Falcon’s Hollow. This is because he literally owns the vast majority of buildings and infrastructure in town. Thus he runs the town like it is an extension of his business. That means he does what he wants when he wants. When someone gets on his bad side, he sends his hired muscle to put them back in line.

Yes, Living here in Falcon’s Hollow can be dangerous.

The Darkmoon wood, the great forest to the north of town and the source of lumber the town harvests is home to a variety of creatures. Kobolds are of course the main pest in the area. Every few years adventurers are hired to go nest hunting. But Kobolds are the least of the dangers that lurk in these woods. All variety of man-eating beast calls the forest home, such as the Fey, owlbears, and packs of wolves. Each one a well known and verified hazard of the forest. However, rumours of deadlier things, such as tatzelwurms and werewolves are occasionally heard, though no living witness has stepped forward to confirm such sightings.

But don’t worry. Despite the dangers of the forest, its not the wildlife that will kill you. No, its your working conditions! Depending on who you talk to, its either Fey, Gremlins, or Upper management skimping on maintenance costs, but either way the most frequent cause of death or maiming in town is a logging accident. As such, new workers are shipped in frequently.

Oh, and don’t forget the dangers of the Rouge Lady. The local brothel and gambling den, the Rouge Lady caters to all the lonely lumberjacks. Run by an Albino Half-orc and his gang of fellow half-orcs, the Rouge Lady offers a variety of games to gamble on, and even offers loans to those strapped for cash. Be careful you never borrow more than you can pay back. The last guy who failed to pay on time still hasn’t been found.

Its not all bad here…. There’s the… Umm… Okay. Ya. Its mostly bad.

But, for one reason or another, this town is special to you. You know right now it isn’t much to look at now, but with some hard work and determination, it could be great.
Warning COMMUNITY MATTERS

Only apply to this game if you are someone who cares about helping create an entire world around your character with connections, because you will be playing someone who lives in Falcon’s Hollow and this game will make extensive use of NPC’s. Further down, I will have a very detailed list of NPC’s who live in Falcon’s hollow, and I will encourage each of you to try and have some sort of connection with at least a 3 of them. Be friends, lovers, rivals, enemies, business partners, whatever. But also, don’t be afraid to add NPC’s to fill a niche or round out your family.
MechanicsGESTALT

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Please do not make this as a challenge to see who can do the most damage in single turn so the big bad evil never has a chance to act.

The point of this gestalt is to give your character some flavour.

For example, think of the cleric. There are tons of different clerics, and sure they have some different domain powers, but most clerics just play the same. Imagine being a cleric of Erastil, the god of hunting, so you are gestalted with a ranger. Or the god of magic, Nethys so your second half is a wizard. Irori, Monk.

Try and put the character concept first, and then the classes second. You have a high ability array to choose from and a special wild card for the races so you have a lot of freedom to get unique and creative. You could easily be a monk with 4 16’s in Str, Dex, Con, and Wis. You’d feel good about the spread and not be so worried you’re going to be left behind since the highest a single ability can go is an 18 at level 1.

Alignment: No Evil.

Level: 4, you all have lived some life. Maybe not a lot, but you have seen a few things and know a few tricks.

Classes: Core, Alchemist, Cavalier, Inquisitor, Magus, Oracle, Witch, Arcanist, Bloodrager, Brawler, Hunter, Shaman, Skald, Slayer, Swashbuckler, War Priest, Unchained Barbarian, Unchained Monk, Unchained Rogue, or Kineticist

Races: Core, Aasimar, Catfolk, Ifrit, Oread, Ratfolk, Sylph, Undine. All races other than human may mix up their racial ability scores however they wish, so long as they end with the same number of +2 and -2 as they started with. This will allow you to be a dwarf wizard, a halfling barbarian, or catolk alchemist without feeling like you made a “bad” pick. Humans gain +2 to any two atrributes they choose.

Ability Array: 16, 16, 14, 14, 12, 12

Health points: Maximum

Skill Points: Background skills rule is in effect granting +2 skill points for background skills. I strongly encourage you use this to have a profession, perform, or craft.

Wealth: Players will begin play with have 6,000 GP to purchase adventuring gear. This gear is purchased normally. Once the initial purchasing is over with that 6,000 GP, what ever you haven't spent disappears. The rest will depend on your story, your background, and how you make your money. Feel free to have a home, a family, roommates, a business, work for someone, whatever fits your character and is within reason.

Feats: We will be using the modified Elephant in the room rule to eliminate or consolidate many feats. This will include the use of the feat Unarmed Combatant, which combines Improved Unarmed Combat and Improved Grapple into a single feat.

Traits & Drawbacks: Players will be able to select 2 traits. If they take a drawback, they gain a third trait as per normal. No campaign specific traits, except for the Trap Finder trait.

Free Feat: All players may choose 1 one of the follow feats and treat their character as if they gained this feat at level 1.

List of Bonus Feats available for selectionAcrobatic, Altitude Affinity, Animal Affinity, Antagonize, Athletic, Big Game Hunter, Corsair, Cosmopolitan, Deceitful, Deft Hands, Endurance, Magical Aptitude, Nature Soul, Persuasive, Prodigy, Run, Scholar, Self-sufficient, Sneaky Vagabond, Stealthy, Street Smarts, Toughness
People & PlacesPlease follow this link to learn about the town and people.
Applications
 Applications so far
1Player Character Name Race Class (Side 1) Class (Side 2) Role Complete? Review 1
2Seekr34 Routher Whiskerwind Catfolk Ranger Monk Survivalist Complete Reviewed
3Togot Richard Reeves Human Wizard Alchemist Arcane Expert Complete Reviewed
4Exhibit A Ilyana Maeron Elf Bard Witch Buffer/Debuffer? Complete Reviewed
5Evolver Aoife Macbane Human Fighter Sorcerer Farmhand Ex-Soldier Complete Reviewed
6Cardassian Alinza the Branded Human Rogue Fighter Blacksmith Complete Reviewed
7Yas392 Gasp Mirile Human Slayer Unchained Rogue Misses the circus Complete Reviewed
8triedtherest Trinket Halfling Rogue Alchemist Trap finder Complete Reviewed
9Grouchy Felix Duloff Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean Swashbuckler TBD Complete Reviewed
10mightymconeshot Pavu the Solid Oread Hunter Forge priest Blacksmith Complete Reviewed
11Fyre2387 Winrich Eichenhardt Halfling Cavalier Ranger Hound-master Complete Reviewed
12Ermine Amber Berenaga Human Bard Investigator Card-counter Complete Reviewed
13nande Ela Oakheart Human Brawler Paladin Big Sister Energy Complete Reviewed
14Zealot Hamish Sledgehammerby Dwarf Alchemist Drunk Brewer Complete Reviewed
15Admin Dirk Inno Minate Human Hedge Witch Divine Herbalist Pain Glutton Complete Reviewed
16Cloverlord Belle Crimmy Human Brawler Urban Barbarian Bouncing Barmaid Complete Reviewed
17SirXave Allistair Halfling Kineticist Shaman Healer Complete Reviewed
18asura8 Julia the Reborn Human Shelyn Paladin Bard Spear Dancer Complete Reviewed
19DraconigenaArma Forest Human Slayer Magus Carpenter Complete Reviewed
20DarkNetwork Vianella Trellescu Human Rogue Magus Trap Finder Complete Reviewed
21Mrjoegangles Enzo Starkiller Human Brawler Magus Fortune Teller Complete Reviewed
22Arc Zero Estakar "Sevi" Sevireo Ifrit Magus War Priest Blacksmith Complete Reviewed
23OneDarkness Tolin Glitterhide Gnome Druid Ranger Glassmsith Complete Reviewed

Last edited by Hound; Jun 24th, 2024 at 06:11 AM.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 12:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14063
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
What is your expected posting rate?

What is the expectation of the amount of combat? I assume world building is a significant part of it, but will it all be role play or will there be plenty of roll play to go along with it.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 01:43 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Those are some great questions mightymconeshot, thank you for asking.

Players can expect from me 1 large post on Saturdays as a minimum, with frequent smaller posts through out the week. I say this, because players will not be chained at the hip to each other. Players will be able to explore and do things on their own. I hope my players can maintain a 1 post per week minimum, but we all know real life happens. Give me a heads up. Let me know this week you're going through something sad, stressful, what ever and you need some time. That's cool. Just let me know and we can work around it.

Like any game, there will be rolling required. I don't want you to think there isn't combat. By the book you're supposed to fight a massive horde of Kobolds. I'm not following the book exactly, but there will still be plenty of chances for combat. I just want people more worried about having an interesting character who has reasons to care about the town they are in and keeping it safe, rather than some over powered min/maxed characters that only care about gold, and when the town runs out of gold, they're just gonna move on.

Last edited by Hound; Jun 11th, 2024 at 02:03 PM.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 01:53 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
Yas392 Yas392
Link is not working.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 02:03 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
Link is not working.
Link has been corrected. Thank you for pointing this out
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 02:26 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yas392 Yas392
Will we get the opportunity to oust or demote Kreed from his position of power and possibly humiliate him?
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 02:27 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
Will we get the opportunity to oust or demote Kreed from his position of power and possibly humiliate him?
I'd be disappointed if you didn't try.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 02:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6983
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Was hoping to play a dhampir, but no biggie. Will post something later
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 03:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
How does crafting wealth effect starting gold? Was planning on making a blacksmith themed person.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 03:29 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot View Post
How does crafting wealth effect starting gold? Was planning on making a blacksmith themed person.
That's a interesting question. I'm going to say that having crafting feats will not affect your starting wealth, I don't want the person who chooses to be a singer or an artist or a waitress feeling like they choose wrong, because you wealth is equal to 150% of their wealth.

But as a black smith, you will automatically own a workshop with all the hardware needed to work, plus a home, and you will have a good living style where you do not have to track minor spending of up to 5 gold per day on misc. junk.

While a Waitress may live in only okay-ish circumstances, living with a roommate, renting the cheapest room from a tavern, which is probably above the kitchen, and may only make a few silver a day. So you do have an advantage.

Furthermore, I will give you time to craft, and I guarantee you will have the opportunity to gain resources in game to craft very powerful magical items. So choosing to be the town's black smith will come with a lot of automatic prestige, automatic connections, and will add some serious value to the game later on. Also, at this point, you will likely have made a strong connection with the other players. So if you suddenly find enough ore of ____ metal to be able to make 1 new awesome weapon, armor, ring, staff or what ever they need for every player, and all the players helped find this ore and bring it back, you're likely going to make that 1 new free item for each player.

I would just like to add, if you are among the ones selected, I will talk one on one with each player and go over their character.

If something just doesn't gel right. We will fix it through house rules. And this won't stop at character creation, this will continue throughout the game.

Here's a great example. A player of mine was a dex-based monk and rogue in a game I did in real life last year. They loved the idea of using a kusarigama as a weapon. If you don't know what that is, its a chain with a sickle on one end, and a iron weight of about 1 pound in weight on the other. When you swing either end, you create centrifugal force which is very deadly and very cool.

By the rules, it is a two-handed weapon that requires strength to use, but I'll tell ya, watching anyone use this thing, you need high dexterity and reflexes to control and react to it.

So we ruled 0 that weapon was allowed to be dex-based.

Another example about something that happened later down the line. One player found an egg. He rasied it and hatched into a faerie dragon. This guy went the full 10 yards. As a bard/swashbuckler who had nothing to do with familiars, he began to go down the tree, picking up all the feats to have this baby faerie dragon to be his familiar. He took everything needed, but by the time he could use it, the familiar wasn't really able to do much. It wasn't like he had touch spells that would really be very effective.

Well, I decided to modify the dragon. He was feeding it well everyday, taking good care of it, he was even role playing that he played fetch and did other types of exercise with it.

So I can began to enhanced and modify this little faerie dragon till eventually it was as good or better than a druid's animal companion.

Last edited by Hound; Jun 11th, 2024 at 03:31 PM.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 03:29 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2416
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Okay, I'm going have to think over what I want to do, but nothing short of a global apocalypse is going to stop me from applying.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 03:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I was going to go Hunter and Forge priest Warpriest. I may or may not take the Forester archetype to go without the companion. Probably going Oread to continue the whole nature earth theme I have planned.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 03:52 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9637
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posting interest in playing a wizard alchemist
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 04:08 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 648
Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver
Hmm, interesting. Let's see if I can come up with anything.

Edit - I'm thinking a human former soldier who's a fighter/sorcerer.

Last edited by Evolver; Jun 11th, 2024 at 05:10 PM.
Old Jun 11th, 2024, 05:06 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yas392 Yas392
I cooked up a bounty hunter spawn slayer slayer/escapology unchained rogue focused on dirty tricks/being slippery/being an entertainer. Digest background is a circus acrobat who is the survivor of a circus crew whose caravan got ambushed by bandits, ending with him becoming an adventurer.