RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 23rd, 2024, 09:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6983
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
yeah, higher levels helps in any edition. After being here for about 11 years, tired of starting at low levels and not getting more than few levels. Oh, and of course, gestalt always helps
Old Jun 23rd, 2024, 09:18 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9541
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
you make a fair point, and i will keep it in mind for my next game
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 05:28 AM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17307
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Application edit time is over, I will perform one last reading of all characters throughout today as time permits and I will try to reach a decision after work.

Last edited by Hound; Jun 24th, 2024 at 05:28 AM.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 05:30 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9541
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
fingers crossed
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 05:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Vibrates nervously
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 09:13 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1044
nande nande nande nande nande nande nande nande
Good luck to everyone.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 09:21 AM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17307
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
SelectionThank you all for posing an interest in my game. It was really amazing and humbling to have so many players show up and apply. We got so much attention it was almost over whelming and I am so grateful.

I reached a decision faster than expected. Naturally, I've been thinking about this since day one. My wife helped me make these que cards for every character allowing me to physically sort through them like I was trying to build a Magic the gathering deck.

I started at first trying to make a balanced party so *everything* was covered. But then a nudge from my wife made me realize, I'd rather focus on good quality characters with strong compatibility and if the party was missing something, that just meant they had to find an NPC to fill the role when needed.

I then began focusing purely on connections around town as well as potential interpersonal connections. My goal was for everyone who was selected would naturally and likely get along with everyone else. There will be plenty of drama and conflict from other characters, the party itself needed to be (relatively) drama free. There is nothing worse then when two good players have dynamically opposed characters and an in-character beef becomes an ooc one. I've had this happen before and it nearly tore apart my real life group that has been playing together for 14 years now.

Before I knew it, I had 7 strong characters selected. These seven characters all had a je ne sais quoi that elevated them. There were a dozen other characters I considered for the 8th slot, but nothing gelled just right. Some were close. Real close. But something just didn't click and they didn't seem to slot well together. This is definitely a personal opinion only and not a comment toward anyone's skill or abilities.

I hope you will all forgive me for only selecting 7 players.

Without further ado:

The Game Folder is located here.

Copy/Paste your applications here. Please begin work on your character sheet. Attach a link to the character sheet onto your post and alert me when it is ready for review.

Please introduce yourself here. Take sometime to throw some ideas out about how you might interact with each other.

Private threads can be found here. It is intended as place to be able to ask questions in secret, discuss things as needed, or perform actions you might not want others to be aware of just yet. I purposely only selected good players who are unlikely to go around murdering, stealing, or other criminal things, but sometimes good people need their secrets too.

The Prologue will begin shortly, character sheets won't be needed to begin posting in the Prologue, but we want character sheets done ASAP.

Once again, thank you all for applying. I regret I cannot split myself in to 3 and run 3 separate groups at once. Sadly, I am a mere mortal. (for now).
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 12:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10978
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Congratulations to those who were selected! Can't lie and say I'm not disappointed for Felix's sake but a lot of good quality PCs to choose from, I didn't envy your task.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 12:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6983
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Grats to the winners! I knew it be hard to choose the players. Ah well, lose some, win some.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 12:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot Zealot
I tried my best and well done to all those who got in
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 02:35 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Congrats to those selected. I continue the streak.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 05:22 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90789
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Dammit, not, enough, commas.

I knew, I should have, done, my best, William, Shatner, impression.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 06:00 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 648
Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver
Hope the game's a smash hit and everyone has a great time!
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 06:10 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
Yas392 Yas392
Congrats to the chosen. I have a feeling loners/dramatic app including mine won't be chosen due to the potential intra-party conflict and non-adhesiveness. Even if mine is chosen, I would have ceded the spot to someone else since I know I can't sustain my immersion on my character in the long run.