Old Jun 13th, 2024, 12:28 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Aras3 Aras3 Aras3 Aras3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
How about you worry about the character and let the personality decide? Trust me
---
surprising heroes everywhere and people often have talents that don't always shine in their everyday life.
Is that a "yes, providing that I make the background according to your specifications"?
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 04:10 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LlaApendici LlaApendici
If he can do that, can I take Radiant Chef?
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Radiant
https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Chef

I can always pair it with Ranger to get the meat and then prepare it as food. I can be a tavern owner or even a cook in the company everyone is working.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 04:36 AM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17307
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Convince me with your stories
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 09:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Would I be able to convince you to allow a Spheres class with my backstory and such? Specifically Theorist, flavored as a gambler. Well, former gambling addict who explicitly uses her magic as little as possible due to it literally requiring her to gamble. (Other side will probably be oracle, or maybe fighter. Something comfortable to me)

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 13th, 2024 at 09:45 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 10:21 AM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Guys, I shouldn't have even opened the door cause I now have 3 people asking for 3rd party. I hate spheres. I hate it. I hate path of war. I find them way to over powered, way to easy to abuse. I am willing to entertain ideas but to me, you're basically shooting yourself in the foot before you start a race. I only care about a good story.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 10:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I would of course work with you on determining what I was using for spheres, and already only have ideas that are thematic for a gambling addict moreso than powerful.

But I don't have to apply and give you stress. ><

Edit: Or I could just use a single spheres feat (that only requires I have martial focus, which...I mean, that would only require you saying I can have martial focus, and spheres wouldn't even be involved). Because I do want to be in this, and it's not even the spheres portion I want. Would this feat be more reasonable?

Edit 2: Nevermind. I'll find some other way to gamble. I just like that feature.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 13th, 2024 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 11:37 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aras3 Aras3 Aras3 Aras3
Tell me if it is good enough.

Worm

Description
Worm is a man in his twenties, but with eyes in his sixties at least. His body is a collection of scar tissue. His green eyes often seem dull, but sometimes spark with purpose. He definitely could bathe more, but he doesn't have another set of clothes. Just his black shirt and shorts and a once white turban in his head.

Story
Worm is a young man that barely smiles. Once a young noble, his best friend betrayed him and throwed him to the sea in a maneuver orchestrated by the Merchants of the Crossroads to destroy his family, both in lives and reputation.
"Rescued" by pirates and sold as slave, the young noble was broken and molded into a new being, with his thirst for revenge against everyone who wronged him as the only thing that kept his mind from shatter into the same pieces his skin cracked with the whips. However, one thing he lost. His name. He received a new one, Worm, and despite his best efforts, he can't help but turn when someone calls him Worm. Some days, he even has trouble remembering his true name.
Worm could survive as a slave. And he even managed to hone his psionic skills, both to fight for food against other slaves and to kept him warm in the night when a fire was treasure to defend. Then the plague fell on the leech farm he worked in and Worm had to kill dispose of many of the dead bodies.
At the end, he could see a chance to escape. He run for days, and the fever in his persecutors gave him the advantage. But he was alone, with barely a cloth to keep his modesty, and thirsty and hungry.
After some adventures, he found himself in Falcon's Hollow. Kicked from almost every place, he found refuge in the Church, where Lady Cirthana and Cirtana fed him for some days. Now they let him stay around, and Worm has become the official beggar of the temple, offering his prayers and good wishes for a coin or a some food. Sometimes he even plays Boogeyman when a parent asks him to help him with their unruly little brats. Noble, Slave, Beggar. Worm has long abandoned the faith in the gods of the temple, but he keeps an eye on anyone with ill intentions getting closer to him. He doesn't doubt in Cirthana or the sister's ability to defend themselves. It is only that he has a debt to pay to them. In the meantime, he waits. He gets healthier and saves some coins. He doesn't know for how long he will be able to remain in Falcon's Hollow, but he is always ready to go.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 11:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Amber BerenagaName: Amber Berenaga
Race: Human
Class 1: Bard (Archaeologist archetype)
Class 2: Investigator
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Desna
Profession: Gambler. She makes good money at it, too, but not so much she can live a lavish lifestyle in the upper part of town. After all, she has to make sure the House wins enough that she can still ply her trade.

Str 12, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 16+2, Wis 16, Cha 12+2

Traits: Anatomist (combat), Blood of Dragons (race, selecting low-light vision), Dealmaker (equipment)
Drawback: Dependent

Free Feat: Toughness
Feats: Fast Learner, Improvisation, Improved Improvisation

Role: Frontliner, but not necessarily willing to stick her neck out if others want to take that role away. She can do magic, but that means one hand must be occupied with dice or playing cards instead of free to make a decisive punch.

Description and History: Amber looks familiar to everyone she meets, but not even she knows why. Could be her generic looks, she supposes: brown hair, brown eyes, fair skin with no identifying marks. Or it could be her mild-mannered nature. Regardless, she can always be seen with dice or cards in hand. It's part of a deal she made, after all, to gamble for the use of her magic. But it was never said she couldn't cheat.

She was born to a poor family, and still supplies them with coin so they can survive, but not so much that she can't. She has numerous brothers and her father doing honest work for the logging company. Her sisters are all studious like her, reading any book they can get their hands on and sharing with one another. Her mother stays at home, mostly preparing meals and cleaning, much to her dismay. Amber wants to pay her mother back for her service one day.

Amber has helped defend the town from kobold attacks and the like, but isn't what you would call an adventurer. She instead studied anatomy and medicine, just enough to be able to use it against her foes in combat. The rest of the time, she is either gambling at the Rouge Lady or collecting herbs, both for cooking and for medicine, for her mother and the town. The herbs she finds sometimes make it into the hands of the two rival "gourmands," and she is always one of the first to try their foods as a result. She also collects mushrooms for them, but doesn't eat them. She just knows which are edible and which are not, and is not a fan of them.

Amber has never left the town she was born in, even when a traveling salesman stopped into town, and her family took him in so they wouldn't have to spend coin at a hotel and make the trip not as profitable. He offered her a chance to join him, but the trip scared her a little, as did the merchant himself. In the end, she stayed with her family, doing what she could to keep them afloat.

Amber has had a few minor romances, but nothing that has lasted to this day. She also has no children of her own, but babysat for many of the town's youth (notably all of Kimi's gang) when she herself was younger. Mind you, that mostly meant she watched them play outside while the parents did whatever they were doing. She made some money doing that. Not much, but enough to help pay for food for her family.

She thought of Kimi as a kindred spirit when they were both younger. She could see herself tutoring her on being the best gambler possible. She had taught her some basic card counting, as well as all the poker hands when she watched her, and was sure her lessons would go to good use, and be spread to the other children.

The parents, however, only thought of her as a kid. After all, she was still a kid when she was watching the others. But they still think of her as an unprincipled youth, gambling her life away, wasting precious resources.

She has a working relationship with Kabran Bloodeye. They have an unspoken deal that she won't clear the House, and he won't throw her out. She views him as a rival, not an enemy or someone who's just there to make her money, like other gamblers.

She wants to lead Apprentice Sara to follow Desna so she'll have more support in the future generation.

Amber has not done many odd jobs, beyond collecting delicacies for the chefs from the Darkmoon Wood's edge. She took up gambling at way too young of an age, seeing the potential profit early on.

One of her romances was with a logger named Jaskem. He was not a nice man, she realized after some time with him, and he spent much time with the pleasure girls ("We just talked!" He'd say). He was actually quite abusive, both physically and mentally. She kinda sorta engineered his demise to a tree and hopes no one believes it was her.

She has some respect for Ergin Tock, as she considers him a card master worth his salt. He was the one who taught her to play cards and dice, after all. In return, in her youth, she would give him some of her gambling earnings. She never really felt right around Cookie, though.

Her magic, she believes, is granted by Desna. She also believes it requires her to gamble to use it, drawing cards or rolling dice to acheive potent effects.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 15th, 2024 at 08:02 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 02:03 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1044
nande nande nande nande nande nande nande nande
Application (WIP)
left-aligned image

Name: Ela Oakheart

Race: Human
Classes: Bloodrager (Destined)/Paladin of Erastil (Chosen One)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Role: Facetank

Traits: Community-Minded, Fate's Favoured, Transmuter of Korada
Drawback: Scarred
Feat: Toughness

Appearance
An intense and fiercely determined young woman with vibrant red hair and intense blue eyes, Ela exudes an infectuous aura of confidence that puts her companions at ease. She has a plethora of scars across her face, ranging from minor scratches to several deeper wounds in the process of healing, a testament to her fearless nature and willingness to leap into danger in defence of her townsfolk.

Backstory
The only daughter of a logger who lost his life while Ela was still a young child, her mother ended up working in the backrooms of the Lady to make ends meet. Determined not to end up in the same line of employment, Ela took to personal training at a young age and quickly discovered a natural affinity for physical development. Before she was old enough to enjoy her first flagon of ale, Ela could lift two full barrels of water over her head and once (in)famously punched a support beam out from under a small barn after losing her temper. This obvious physical fortitude coupled with a natural gregariousness and affability saw her become something of a leader amongst the children of the Hollow, a role that she never really grew out of.

Relationships
- The Rouge Lady
Ela has spent half her life barred from the Lady, either for singing too loud, or starting or ending fights, though she's always allowed back in eventually; it's an open secret that Kabran has a bit of a soft spot for her. Her mother worked here for several years following the death of her father, and young Ela was a familiar feature in the common area, either waiting for her mother to finish work or hiding from Kreed's guards after one of her many childhood clashes.

- The Iomedaen Church
After earning the attentions of Erastil through her commitment to safeguarding the people of Falcon's Hollow, Ela sought guidance from Lady Cirthana and ended up forming a friendship with the principled young noble. Though she does not still fully understand the powers and responsibilities handed to her by her Old Deadeye, she is fully prepared to risk her own life for the safety of the Hollow.

- The Logging Consortium
Despite having several run-ins with the more brutish of Kreed's guards over the years, including one noteworthy altercation with Payden himself, Ela's physical strength and earnest attitude to work has allowed her to find a job with Thuldrin's company as a curious blend of logger and forest security guard, as happy to fend off bears and the occasional opportunistic kobold as she is to cut down trees. Payden still holds a grudge against her, but Ela takes his scorn in stride.

Last edited by nande; Jun 19th, 2024 at 07:14 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 02:07 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras3 View Post
Tell me if it is good enough.

Worm

Description
Worm is a man in his twenties, but with eyes in his sixties at least. His body is a collection of scar tissue. His green eyes often seem dull, but sometimes spark with purpose. He definitely could bathe more, but he doesn't have another set of clothes. Just his black shirt and shorts and a once white turban in his head.

Story
Worm is a young man that barely smiles. Once a young noble, his best friend betrayed him and throwed him to the sea in a maneuver orchestrated by the Merchants of the Crossroads to destroy his family, both in lives and reputation.
"Rescued" by pirates and sold as slave, the young noble was broken and molded into a new being, with his thirst for revenge against everyone who wronged him as the only thing that kept his mind from shatter into the same pieces his skin cracked with the whips. However, one thing he lost. His name. He received a new one, Worm, and despite his best efforts, he can't help but turn when someone calls him Worm. Some days, he even has trouble remembering his true name.
Worm could survive as a slave. And he even managed to hone his psionic skills, both to fight for food against other slaves and to kept him warm in the night when a fire was treasure to defend. Then the plague fell on the leech farm he worked in and Worm had to kill dispose of many of the dead bodies.
At the end, he could see a chance to escape. He run for days, and the fever in his persecutors gave him the advantage. But he was alone, with barely a cloth to keep his modesty, and thirsty and hungry.
After some adventures, he found himself in Falcon's Hollow. Kicked from almost every place, he found refuge in the Church, where Lady Cirthana and Cirtana fed him for some days. Now they let him stay around, and Worm has become the official beggar of the temple, offering his prayers and good wishes for a coin or a some food. Sometimes he even plays Boogeyman when a parent asks him to help him with their unruly little brats. Noble, Slave, Beggar. Worm has long abandoned the faith in the gods of the temple, but he keeps an eye on anyone with ill intentions getting closer to him. He doesn't doubt in Cirthana or the sister's ability to defend themselves. It is only that he has a debt to pay to them. In the meantime, he waits. He gets healthier and saves some coins. He doesn't know for how long he will be able to remain in Falcon's Hollow, but he is always ready to go.

Putting aside that I would consider this an incomplete application, looking at the story alone, this would be a hard pass for me and I'll tell you why.

As is it is, you literally write in this, that the guy is ready to pick up and run at a moment's notice. He has 0 genuine connection to the community and if the going gets tough, he will leave.

The quickest and easiest way to modify this story would go something like this:

He lived a life of politics and intrigue as a noble. Growing up, he was taught from an early age to trust no one. Even still he made that one fatal error. He trusted someone. <fill in some info here.> His best friend tossed him overboard for a pat on the back and a bag of silver. Presume dead, he miraculously washed up on a beach. Penniless and without status, he wandered the land. He saw how hard it was for the common man and how hard life made most people. At first his thirst for revenge was strong, and these hardships seemed to only make his intensify. <fill in more info about what happened to him>

By the time he stumbled into Falcon's Hallow, he was a shell of a man. His stomach practically touched his spine. He was ready to die. Lady Cirthana took him in, nursed him back to health. She proved there was good in the world.

Does he fall in love with her? Gain a deep ever lasting respect for her so she's like a mentor? A big sister? A best friend?

This could inspire him to take up the cloth, and become a man devoted to God to help her. You could take that kindness and turn around and become someone who seeks out doing good. You learn to do hard labour to help out neighbours and friends. You realize, life can be pretty good here.

Something like that.

Build a connection. Explain why your character would want to live here, to fight for this place even when the reward is paltry, cause gold isn't what motivates you, its the town and the people.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 02:12 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aras3 Aras3 Aras3 Aras3
Well, I tried.
Thanks and good luck with the game!
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 02:32 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras3 View Post
Well, I tried.
Thanks and good luck with the game!
I wasn't telling you to go away, I was telling you how to improve. If you wish to bow out, good luck in your future endeavors.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 02:33 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I would of course work with you on determining what I was using for spheres, and already only have ideas that are thematic for a gambling addict moreso than powerful.

But I don't have to apply and give you stress. ><

Edit: Or I could just use a single spheres feat (that only requires I have martial focus, which...I mean, that would only require you saying I can have martial focus, and spheres wouldn't even be involved). Because I do want to be in this, and it's not even the spheres portion I want. Would this feat be more reasonable?

Edit 2: Nevermind. I'll find some other way to gamble. I just like that feature.
You are not stressful.

My point is, please make a cool character and then give me a strong reason why you think this character can only truly manifest if you use this specific class or archetype that is not one of the ones I have listed.

I am not asking for character sheets up front, so the build shouldn't matter right now. What matters is the story.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 02:47 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9541
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
i consider my app complete
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 02:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
My app is complete unless you see something that can be changed.