RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 13th, 2024, 03:50 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8025
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
There just happened to be a lot of cool games I'd like to join that started recruiting at the same time, I'd like to join this one, but I've already got an app for another game running and I don't think I can do both (well, I probably could, but I need to make more time for this and I shouldn't just expect a very radical change without easing into it). I'm not going to make an application for this game right now, but if you ever need players later on, could you give me a heads-up?

I'm operating normally!
Coherence is optional, personality is not.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 04:20 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17307
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
@Sirviantis

When does the other game close?

@Everyone else

I will update the table. I am planning to provide reviews, most likely this weekend. I'm not making a promise about which day or time though.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 04:30 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Table updated, let me know if there is anything incorrect or you would like something changed.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 04:59 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LlaApendici LlaApendici
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Alignment: No Evil.
Before I start thinking in a story, I want to play a dude that helps the Sheriff with some knowledge tips, cooking and even healing. The dude also is alert for any trouble, so he can go around, be a charming dude, and then kill and cook whatever kobold, goblin, lizardfolk or other monsters he can find and kill in the dark. If necessary, he will also eat humans and halflings with a nice Chianti.
But they will all be enemies. No random people.
His name can be something like Lannimar the Lecturer
Can I?
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:05 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by LlaApendici View Post
Before I start thinking in a story, I want to play a dude that helps the Sheriff with some knowledge tips, cooking and even healing. The dude also is alert for any trouble, so he can go around, be a charming dude, and then kill and cook whatever kobold, goblin, lizardfolk or other monsters he can find and kill in the dark. If necessary, he will also eat humans and halflings with a nice Chianti.
But they will all be enemies. No random people.
His name can be something like Lannimar the Lecturer
Can I?
I am gonna pass on the cannibal. It is likely to invite pvp among the players and I am not aiming for that. But thank you for asking me. I am sorry this doesn't fit this game. Maybe you have another idea?
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:07 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
namo
Is there some kind of postal relay in town? Or a "private" messenger service?
Or not at all, and news/letters just travel with whatever merchant is coming along?

I had started to imagine someone acting with messenger as a main profession. And by nature a gossip since they interact with everyone in town, knows who they write to, ...
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:11 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by namo View Post
Is there some kind of postal relay in town? Or a "private" messenger service?
Or not at all, and news/letters just travel with whatever merchant is coming along?

I had started to imagine someone acting with messenger as a main profession. And by nature a gossip since they interact with everyone in town, knows who they write to, ...
How does the go-for general store sound? In small towns like this, the only way for parcels and letters are able to be delivered are through river boat delivery and they would go to the general store for distribution. But there could be a 2 weeks or more between deliveries so you could also deliver groceries and supplies to people. Like an old man might have a standing order for the same list of groceries every week, but he can't pick it up himself cause of his back, etc. The local farmers would be in desperate need of this service.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:18 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 648
Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver
My application is finished. What's the word on helping local law enforcement? Aoife has some serious skills to ply for such a trade. I see there's a deputy. Any room for a constable type? My second idea has to do with farming since her sorcerous powers deal with plants.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:25 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
My application is finished. What's the word on helping local law enforcement? Aoife has some serious skills to ply for such a trade. I see there's a deputy. Any room for a constable type? My second idea has to do with farming since her sorcerous powers deal with plants.
You may totally be a second deputy. There can be dozens of deputies if needed. or a farmer lots of farm land..
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:28 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
Being a deputy sounds good. Keep the peace and so forth.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:35 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Being a deputy sounds good. Keep the peace and so forth.
I'm sorry, I couldn't get passed your character's personality before I had to stop. Based on the personality you just described, she would fair far better as an isolated farmer, rather than a deputy.

You describe in great detail she dislikes crowds and has PTSD, freaking out at certain faces. How is she supposed to be trusted to go into crowded bars and arrest violent drunks?

If you want her to be a deputy, please rethink her personality.

Last edited by Hound; Jun 13th, 2024 at 05:36 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:42 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
A person with a wounded mind and soul can't desire to protect others or keep the peace in a small town? I could change her role to farmer, but I based parts of her on people I know and a couple of those people are excellent police officers despite their scars from being soldiers.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LlaApendici LlaApendici
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
I am gonna pass on the cannibal. It is likely to invite pvp among the players and I am not aiming for that. But thank you for asking me. I am sorry this doesn't fit this game. Maybe you have another idea?
I am learning to not investing myself too much into games. LOL.
I have other concepts, but I don't think they can be played in this game. See you and good luck!
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 379
Cloverlord Cloverlord Cloverlord Cloverlord
Character Application: Tales From Falcons Hallow
right-aligned image

Name: Belle Crimmy
Race: Human
Class: Brawler / Urban Barbarian
Alignment: Neutral Good
Role & Occupation: Muscle. Barmaid/bouncer at the Jak’n’apes.
___
Personality:
Belle Crimmy, strong and resilient, has been a presence in the Jak’n’apes inn since she was born. Growing up in the bustling environment of the bar, she learned early on to handle rowdy patrons with a mix of firmness and empathy. Belle doesn't hesitate to be a bit of a bully when necessary to keep the peace or defend her loved ones. Her no-nonsense attitude and quick reflexes make her an effective bouncer, while her warm heart ensures she is still beloved by those she cares for. Despite the pressure of being the dependable one, she faces every challenge with determination, ensuring the safety and happiness of those around her.
Belle will hear out any plan, idea, request, etc. from any non-hostile entity, however she will shut down any particularly dangerous talk as effectively as she can, whether that means encouraging a compromise or taking on the burden of action herself.
Belle is used to people expecting things from her because she's a barmaid as well as a bouncer. Belle usually assumes there’s some kind of request being made of her in conversations. As a consequence, she's not great at deep talks but excellent at getting to the point.
Belle enjoys the respect and attention that she gets when she puts on feats of strength but she doesn't actively seek out reasons to show off. Instead she finds ways to perform acts of service that further her families positive reputation.
This song sums up her general vibe.
___
Appearance: The tallest and biggest of the Crimmy family at 6'5" and remarkably nimble despite the bulky build that makes her standout. Belle prefers to wear feminine but not fancy fashions. She has wavy auburn hair worn tied up in two ribbons at the back, and prefers sleeveless dresses and tops for obvious reasons. She has brown eyes, fair skin, and is in her early twenties. She more closely resembles her father, although she’s even taller than he is.
___
Backstory:
  • Belle was born in Falcons Hallow to the retired adventurers Marcus and Ella, Belle Crimmy grew up hearing grand tales of adventure from them as she grew up in the Jak’n’apes. Additionally her older brother Marcello would constantly brag about his early childhood as an "adventurer" with stories that would capture the attention of family and patrons alike. This made Belle feel like she needed to grow up into a strong adventurer to earn her parents approval and the respect of others.
  • Allegedly blessed by Cayden Cailean as a babe, Belle hit a growth spurt at an early age and learned she could brawn her way through things with more muscle than finesse. She was a bit of a bully in her youth, spurred on by sibling rivalry and the pressure of perceived expectations. It bothered her that she was not as nimble with a blade as her parents pushed her to be. Nor was she lithe and beautiful like her mother. Nor was she a natural storyteller like her brother. Nor was she lucky and magical like her sister. One bad day when Belle was just old enough, feeling particularly humiliated after a string of unfortunate moments stemming from her 'blessing', Belle left home vowing that she wouldn't be back until she was a champ.
  • Despite this vow, Belle's adventuring career has never actually taken her past Orgent nor has it made her very much money. However she's not driven by greed or wanderlust, rather Belle's first years of adventure were eye-opening experiences that changed her for the better and helped her see the value she brings to her community. After that Belle returned to Falcon's Hallow a more self assured and confident woman who believes that she's left the unnecessary bullying attitude and drive to compete with her siblings behind her. She still has a healthy spirit of competition of course, but now it’s been redirected into her role as the future of the Jak’n’apes.
  • Belle is the responsible one in her family. Belle is constantly bailing out her siblings or averting family crises brought on by their free-spirited personalities. Between the regular occurrences of; Marcus blowing their savings on exotic spices or romantic gestures, Ella’s ideas to attract a bigger audience, Marcello's assinine get rich quick schemes, Stella's progressively distressing displays of character judgment, and the general rowdiness of drunk lumberjacks, Belle believes she's heard every excuse for irresponsible behavior there could be. (Social trait: cynical ear)
  • Belle works at the Jak’n’apes morning, noon, and night to make it a successful family business and anchor of Falcon’s Hallow. Belle sees to it that it never gets too rowdy in their family friendly establishment, and that no one has their drinks spilled in the process. (combat trait: Crowd Dodger)
___
Relationships:
  • Mother: Ella Crimmy, (human, F, 51) the sword dancer who needs attention like a fish needs water. Belle has learned to set realistic expectations when it comes to dealing with her mother, although she often feels like she's being held to a different standard than her siblings.
  • Father: Marcus Crimmy, (human, M, 50) the swashbuckler who considers money as no object when it comes to impressing his wife or winning at cuisine. Belle adores her father, but has no problem telling him when he's being impractical or when he's taking his competition with the Jabbs too far.
  • (new NPC) Older Brother: Marcello Crimmy, (human, M, late20s-early30s?) the self proclaimed poet bard with far more self esteem than money sense. He was a young child when the Crimmy's settled in Falcon's Hallow, but still boasts about all the places he's been in the world. Has been saving up to go to bardic college, yet his savings never seem to grow. Mom and Dad's pride and joy. Belle has a sibling rivalry with Marcello that's never fully gone away, but it's no longer the driving factor of their relationship, instead it comes out in other competitive ways such as goading one another into dares and bets.
  • (new NPC) Younger sister: Stella Crimmy, (human, F, late teens-early20s?) the luck sorceress, a helpless romantic with no common sense. Things always just seem to work out in her favour and consequences never seem to apply to fortunes favourite. Frequently Stella says "I can fix him!" when she's introducing her latest bad decision to the family. Belle has all but given up on trying to bring baby Stella down to reality, and instead does what she can to minimize the consequences that slide off Stella and fall onto the rest of the family. Belle believes that she needs to protect Stella from herself and still treats her like a kid.
  • Barry the jackalope (???) Belle loves Barry as anyone would love the family pet. When Belle was young she often took solace in the affection of the funny little fella when her bullying attitude wasn't winning over any friends and the rest of the family was too preoccupied to pay attention. Belle takes good care of Barry and makes sure that no patrons harass him.
  • Medicine woman Laurel (58, F, human), the medicine woman is like a beloved aunt due to the strong friendship between Ella and Laurel. Belle often goes to Laurel with the problems she can't just brawn her way through.
  • magistrate Harg and deputy Splint have a positive relationship with Belle because she always makes the most private table in the Jak’n’apes available to them for their "private bylaw discussions"

Last edited by Cloverlord; Jun 22nd, 2024 at 01:10 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:55 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
A person with a wounded mind and soul can't desire to protect others or keep the peace in a small town? I could change her role to farmer, but I based parts of her on people I know and a couple of those people are excellent police officers despite their scars from being soldiers.
I'm not exactly saying that and I think you're assuming a lot. There are lots of people with horrible mental scares who have been able to heal through hard work and effort that have gone on to live truly amazing lives. There are also a lot of people who don't ever return to normal because the hurt simply runs too deep.

Those people you know would only have been accepted as police officers if they were properly screened for mental health concerns. If they passed the mental and physical tests they would have been allowed on duty.

Based on what you describe, your character would not pass these fundamental tests right now. Don't get me wrong, I think she has a lot of good intentions and would want to help, but if she can't control when she is going to freeze up, she can't do the job. I will say it again, if she is still suffering from panic attacks, she is simply not fit for duty. She has to have them under control so she does not become a liability in the field.

Having old scars that still haunt her, but she has learned ways to cope and get about her day would be an amazing character. She could be a bit older, a bit wiser. Have some pearls of wisdom for the young ones.