Notices

Old Jun 14th, 2024, 10:50 AM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17307
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Table Should be updated.

@Ermine: Primarily a personal preference. I can always been convinced otherwise with a good story, but I am aware of my own biases, and by providing a list of my preferred classes, it provides a clear cut path to success.

@Sirviantis: We'll see how the following week goes. At least a few people have expressed interest but haven't posted anything yet. If the only barrier in their path is needing an extra week, I am open to extending the deadline, but I generally only offer a single extension since I don't want to keep people dangling and risk their interest waning.

If a question has been missed, or your application is not on the table, please let me know.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 10:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Then I'll stick with what I have. No big deal. ^~^
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 11:01 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
SirXave SirXave
Alright, here we are, let me know if there's anything missing or objectionable

Name: Allistair

Race: Halfling

Class 1: Kineticist (Kinetic Chirugeon) Wood Element

Class 2: Shaman (Grasping Vine) Tribe Spirit

Alignment: CG

Appearance:

Background:

Notable NPC connections:

Intended Character Build:

Traits:

Last edited by SirXave; Jun 15th, 2024 at 12:50 AM. Reason: I forgot appearance
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 12:19 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 379
Cloverlord Cloverlord Cloverlord Cloverlord
I didn't go with a schoolteacher after all, but I believe that my application has enough meat to it that I can be on the table.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 12:43 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Table updated.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 01:00 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 648
Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver
My farmer is complete.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 01:07 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
We have 11 complete. 5 that are near complete.

I'm stunned we're already at 16 apps. Much faster than I was expecting. Some truly amazing applications. I'm excited to review this weekend.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 01:19 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90789
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Pathfinder is a big pool of gamers, all waiting on games. We are still a strong, vibrant community... we just need a few more adventurous break out GM's!

Old Jun 14th, 2024, 02:04 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
It is a very big pool and it often be very difficult to try and pick 4 or 6 players. Not only do you need to find players that will gel well with each other, gel well with yourself, their characters have to gel well with the game, and of course, you need to find that sweet spot between reliability and giving new players an opportunity to prove themselves.

Old Jun 14th, 2024, 02:32 PM
Star Gazing Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7241
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
And time to add one more app to your already difficult selection process! I'm not entirely sure on the class, I'll admit — effectively, I like the image of a Shelynite with a spear and relatively light armor, but making that work mechanically might take a bit of digging. For now, I think Paladin and Bard should capture MOST of the vibes???

Character Application: Tales From Falcon's Hollow

Name: Julia the Reborn
Race: Human
Class: Paladin (Shelyn) / Bard
Alignment: Neutral Good
Role & Occupation: Priestess of Shelyn
___
Personality: Julia the Reborn is a friendly and outgoing priestess of Shelyn, always looking to bring a little bit of color to somebody's life — an act of paying a favor forward if ever questioned. She tries her best not to be judgmental of the choices that people take to get through the day in someplace as harsh as Falcon's Hollow, but is more than happy to push people to be their best selves if they come to ask her for advice at the church. If there is anything that can push her to be a meddler in the lives of others, it is somebody who is stifling their true self out of fear of what the consequences might be. It just hits her too close to home.

Her biggest flaw is her vanity. Julia might be willing to don work clothes and get in the dirt with the laborers of Falcon's Hollow, but she only does so after making certain that her hair is just sure and there are a few accessories to stand out from others. If she gets dirty, she's quick to race off to clean up; if there is no risk of getting dirty, she's quick to doll herself up with her favorite styles that have had a chance to pass through the small logging town.
___
Appearance: Julia has brown skin, dark brown hair, and lighter brown eyes, frequently wearing a big smile on her face. Her frame is fairly slim and androgynous — the product of routine exercise, careful diet, and no small amount of special alchemical tinctures she first learned about from a fellow Shelynite. She stands at a fairly tall height for a woman — five feet and seven inches — though she seems to be happy standing out a bit more from the crowd. She looks younger than she is — a side benefit of the tinctures — at the age of twenty two.

Her androgynous features are only aided by her changing often between more masculine and comfortable working clothes for when odd jobs need to be done around Falcon's Hollow and the more feminine elegant dresses when carrying out her duties as a priestess of Shelyn. She often keeps a spear handy, decorated with rainbow feathers, which serves double duty as an implement for prayer like dancing and a defensive weapon from all manner of nastiness.
___
Backstory: Julia was born in Cheliax into the declining House Arvanxi. She was expected to learn all sorts of courtly manner, with the hopes of continuing a good family line and marrying into a good family. Unfortunately, something always felt wrong in her world and in her skin regardless of her relatively good circumstances. She had the good fortune to meet a priest of Shelyn who helped her to embrace her inner beauty and ultimately give her the courage to embrace the gender that society said she could not have — and promptly began making plans to run away from her family home at the age of sixteen.

Julia spent the next few years traveling from town to town, pawning old family possessions for the necessary alchemical tinctures she required and paying with lodging with performances of dance and music. When she ran out of things to pawn, desperation took her to more dangerous work — and ultimately sparking a strong connection with Shelyn and letting her fight for beauty and love with a passionate spear. Despite this all, she would occasionally hear of a search for a lost Arvanxi scion and be forced to flee further and further from home.

After years of travel, she ended up in Falcon's Hollow — a place that her family would never, ever think that she would end up with. She settled into the church, taking shelter from Lady Cirthana in exchange for carrying out odd jobs and tending to any services that required a Shelynite's particular touch. When no more searchers came looking for her, she started to settle in for the long haul, setting down roots more and growing closer to the little logging town. Now she feels the urge more to shape the place she now calls home for the better, even if it means having to stand in opposition to Thuldrin Kreed and his cronies.
___
Relationships:
  • Lady Cirthana: A bit like the sister that Julia never had, they share a mutual distaste for Thuldrin Kreed. Ultimately, Julia's ability to stay at the church and not be dragged into the industries of Falcon's Hollow is out of Cirthana's kindness—something Julia always jumps at half a chance to repay.
  • Medicine Woman Laurel: Where is a trans girl to go to get her necessary alchemicals from? The local medicine woman! Their relationship may have started out as fundamentally transactional, but Julia is a regular customer and legitimately cares about Laurel's well-being.
  • Waitress Jalene Artem: Like many others, Julia has a crush on Jalene Artem. Who could resist a pretty girl who throws around knifes with grace? If anything, the danger when she puts on a blindfold is even compelling! It draws Julia back to the Sitting Duck time and time again.
Impressions (of other PCs):

I use she/her or ze/zir pronouns!

Last edited by asura8; Jun 20th, 2024 at 12:29 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 02:44 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12735
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Name: Forest
Race: Human
Classes: Slayer//Magus
Background Sills: Craft: (carpentry) & Profession (logging)
Traits: Armor Expert, Carefully Hidden, Rough and Ready (Unlearned)
Bonus Feat: Endurance

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Jun 23rd, 2024 at 08:44 AM.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 03:01 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
Updated. Reviews this weekend.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 03:42 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8025
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
@Sirviantis: We'll see how the following week goes. At least a few people have expressed interest but haven't posted anything yet. If the only barrier in their path is needing an extra week, I am open to extending the deadline, but I generally only offer a single extension since I don't want to keep people dangling and risk their interest waning.
Gratitude, though I must say that if it doesn't work out, or if you need to extend the timer on only my account then I've no problems about potentially filling in later. I feel like we all hate to say it, but player attrition is a well known thing.

I'm operating normally!
Coherence is optional, personality is not.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 06:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16520
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
posting potential interest
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 07:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10978
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
It is a very big pool and it often be very difficult to try and pick 4 or 6 players. Not only do you need to find players that will gel well with each other, gel well with yourself, their characters have to gel well with the game, and of course, you need to find that sweet spot between reliability and giving new players an opportunity to prove themselves.
I don't envy you at all. Definitely glad to see PF games still bring up a lot of interest.