RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 14th, 2024, 07:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 929
DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk
Information
right-aligned image
Name: Vianella Trellescu
Race: Human (Humans with a regal bearing and strong personal magnetism can apply their presence more forcefully than others. A human with this trait treats her Charisma score as 2 points higher for the purpose of meeting feat prerequisites. In addition, humans with this racial trait gain Persuasive as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.powerful presence, Humans are often adept at subtle manipulation and putting even sworn foes at ease. Humans with this trait gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature’s attitude, they can shift up to three steps up rather than just two. This racial trait replaces skilled.silver tongued)
Class 1: Unchained Rogue (Sczarni Swindler)
Class 2: Magus (Card Caster, Hexcrafter)

Str: 12, Dex: 16+2, Con: 14, Int: 16, Wis: 12, Cha: 14+2?
Traits: Your upbringing around the Sczarni has exposed you to games with cards and dice.

You gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff and Sleight of Hand checks; for the purpose of gambling, these bonuses increase by 1.
Practiced Gambler, You are adept at escaping from confinement in an unobtrusive manner.

When trying to escape manacles, rope, or other similar restraints (but not grapples or similar attacks), you may make a Sleight of Hand check instead of your Escape Artist modifier. If you free yourself, you gain a +2 trait bonus on Bluff checks to pretend that you are still bound.
Stealthy Escape, Forgotten dungeons and ancient tombs have always held an appeal for you, and you’ve never been able to resist the urge to delve into these lost sites in search of knowledge, treasure, or both. You may not have received any formal training in the roguish arts, but you’ve nonetheless become skilled at spotting and disabling hidden traps.

You gain a +1 trait bonus on Disable Device checks, and that skill is always a class skill for you. In addition, you can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps, like a rogue.
Trap Finder
Drawback: Raised with the assurance that only those like you are truly worthy of respect, you have an offputting way of demonstrating that you look down on those not of your race and ethnicity or nationality.

You take a –5 penalty on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks to improve other creatures’ attitudes toward you.
Condescending

Feats: You’ve learned to use your quickness in place of brute force when performing combat maneuvers.

Benefit: You add your Dexterity bonus to your base attack bonus and size bonus when determining your Combat Maneuver Bonus (see Combat) instead of your Strength bonus.
Agile Combatant (EitR-Finesse), Your skill with handling a deck and your arcane talents allow you to turn mundane cards into weapons.

Benefit: You can throw a card as though it were a dart, with the same damage, range, and other features. You must use the Arcane Strike feat when throwing a card in this way, or else the card lacks the magical force and precision to deal lethal damage. A card is destroyed when thrown in this way.

Harrow cards are treated as masterwork weapons when thrown using this feat, but are still destroyed after they are thrown. A harrow deck can no longer be used as a fortune-telling device after even a single card is thrown.

A spellcaster with this feat can enhance a deck of cards as though it were a ranged weapon with 54 pieces of ammunition. This enhancement functions only when used in tandem with this feat, and has no affect on any other way the cards might be used. Only a character who possesses this feat can use an enhanced deck of cards; she must still use the Arcane Strike feat to activate the cards’ enhancement.
Deadly Dealer (Magus 1st), Your hands are astonishingly nimble.

Benefit: The bonus on Disable Device and Sleight of Hand skill checks from Deft Hands increases by 2. In addition, you can expend one use of mythic power to treat a Disable Device or Sleight of Hand check as if you had rolled a natural 20. You must decide to use this ability before making the roll.
Deft Hands (free), Numerous Harrow readings early in your life seem to have hit the mark precisely, increasing your belief that you are destined for a specific purpose in life.

Benefit: You get a +1 bonus on all Will saves made to resist enchantment effects. Once per day, you may draw a card from a Harrow deck you own. At any one time for the rest of that day, you may apply a +2 bonus on any d20 roll modified by the card’s suit. For example, if you drew a card from the suit of Dexterity, you could apply this +2 bonus on an Initiative check, a Reflex save, a Dexterity-based skill check, or a ranged attack roll. You may assign this +2 bonus after you make the roll, but you must do so before you know whether the roll was a success or not.
Harrowed (1st), You are skilled at swaying attitudes and intimidating others into your way of thinking.

Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate skill checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.
Persuasive (human), You are especially accurate when making ranged attacks against close targets.

Prerequisite: Precise Shot

Benefit: You get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet.
Point-Blank Shot (3rd), You are adept at firing ranged attacks into melee.

Benefit: You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee without taking the standard –4 penalty on your attack roll.
Precise Shot (combat trick-2nd)

BackgroundVianella's father, Menas, was a young employee of the Lumber Consortium whose job was to help ship the wood from Falcon's Hallow to Andoran ports or more directly to the bordering countries. During one of these journeys, he met a Varisian girl, Lucia, who's caravan had decided to travel southwest towards Taldor for the winter. They fell deeply in love and, when Lucia became pregnant, Menas switched jobs from transport to logging so as to be able to settle in Falcon's Hallow and give birth to their baby girl, Vianella. Their neighbours were the Hebbradan's who themselves had a child, Ralla, a few months later. The families became close and Vianella became fast friends with Ralla as they grew up together.

Whether it was from his travels or from meeting Lucia's Sczarni family, Menas had become something of a gambler, although not a particularly successful one. After his shift, he would often head down to the Rouge Lady where he would try his luck with the cards, lying to his wife by saying he was going to the Sitting Duck. To feed this habit, Menas would take out loans from the lenders there. Soon enough, the family was struggling to pay the bills as Menas' debt increased due to his frequent losses. Lucia, unsuspecting at first, who was gifted her mother's Harrow deck, set up shop, so to speak, as a fortune-teller, trying to bring in some extra money so they could stay afloat but it required her to work into the evening. Due to some evening appointments, Menas ended up taking Vianella to the Lady a few times where the pleasure girls would take her aside, protecting her from the more morally questionable activities. The girls also taught her some gambling tricks, sleight of hand, and other social skills as they played with her. The times she was present, her father had won a little more than usual and so he began to consider her a lucky charm. Thanks to that, she became a regular, accompanying Menas' to the Lady each evening. She was asked to keep the visits a secret from her mother, as some sort of fun game which she played since she, at the time, trusted her father.

The years passed and Vianella became more aware of what the Lady was and the goings on at the establishment, realizing that she was an accomplice to his misdeeds. This was compounded by the fact that she witnessed her father going up with one of the Pleasure Ladies after he scored big in the card game. Her father's betrayal of her mother began to fester and she became more closed off, withdrawn, and angry. At home Menas and Lucia would argue in front of her, at first just about their finances but Lucia was able to figure out what was going on and Menas' gambling problem became the leading issue in the arguments. While even Vianella raged at her parents, she was able to escape the troubles thanks to her closest friend, Ralla.

Things went from bad to worse when Menas came home, panicked, one night. His debt had been racked up so high over the years that Kabran demanded that he settle up. Menas and Lucia knew the consequences, given the pervasive rumors that always surrounded the activities of the albino half-orc. Lucia had no choice but to call in a favor from her family to cover the debt but gave an adamant condition that Menas had to stop gambling and going to the Lady. Nonetheless, this soured the relationship even further. Even a relative of the Sczarni family doesn't want to be indebted to them, but the Sczarni were far away, and Kabran was here.

Subsequently, while her father no longer went out at night, there was a dark cloud in the house and arguments would pop up over the smallest of things. Vianella tried to stay away as much as possible by hanging out with Ralla, the only bright light in her angry dark world. Little did Vianella or her mother know, but her father began skipping out early from work in the lumber yard in order to return to his gambling habit at the Lady, emboldened by the idea that Lucia could use her connections to cover any further debt that was racked up should she find out. He was also on a winning streak of late and so the issue never arose. At least, so he thought. Lucia had indicated to Kabran directly that Menas was cut off from the family coffers after that and that should her husband return Kabran would have to take on the risk of the debt, with the false hope that the Lady's owner would thus ban Menas entry. When Menas suffered a big loss at a high stakes game, putting him well under his ability to pay, he simply... disappeared. It was the talk of the town for some weeks, everyone believing he was dead and suspecting, but not saying, that Kabran likely was behind it.

While they were often at odds, Lucia was still devastated at the loss of her husband. She closed herself off to others, even Vianella, shutting down their ties to the town, even their neighbours, until finally she took Vianella and left to go back to her people. Vianella was dismayed at having to leave her best friend, Ralla, but had no choice in the matter. Once in Varisia, Lucia became obsessed with the Harrow, performing reading after reading, hardly eating or sleeping, wondering how she couldn't have seen this all coming before it was too late, becoming more bitter and angry while also wasting away. To pay off the Sczarni family debt, Vianella was put to work for her cousins where she was taught to perform all manner of criminal activities, confidence schemes, trickery, and even a bit of magic when they found she had some aptitude. Her connection to her mother was effectively severed so, when Lucia's Harrow deck was given to her with information on her mother's death, she barely offered a shrug and just threw herself into her "work", even going on a few assignments with "adventurers" needing the certain skillset that she could offer. She never made friends, her condescension and acerbic wit was a shield to keep people away.

The only positive thing she had in her life during that period was her secret correspondence with Ralla. They would send letters to each other to keep their connection and news of their lives as they stood. Vianella would always color her tales in a positive light, not wanting the darkness she dwelled in to influence their relationship. Nonetheless, Ralla could sense it in Vianella's writing but offered support rather than questions. It was also good to continue to hear about the goings on at Falcon's Hallow and knowing how Ralla missed her. When the message came of the death of Ralla's father, Vianella was shocked and made a decision then and there. While it took a couple months to tie up any loose ends, she was able to extract herself from the family business, freeing her to return to Falcon's Hallow to support her friend.

Upon arriving she learned that Ralla, in order to support her despondent mother and young brother, had started working at the Rouge Lady. Vianella always considered Ralla to be strong in spirit and this, to her, only proved it. Vianella, almost emulating the former vocations of her parents, by day a fortune teller and by night a gambler, but also took some side jobs for Kabran, allowing her to make enough to pay her own way in the town without having to inconvenience anyone. She became what might be the longest staying customer the Jak'n'napes Inn had seen.

RelationshipsRalla Hebbradan: Her closest friend who she has known since childhood. They share a deep connection which has grown through mutual support and understanding. Ralla's unwavering kindness and optimism provides a calming force in Vianella's life.
Jalene Artem: Her new friend having met on her return to Falcon's Hallow. They, on occasion, put on knife throwing contests, although Vianella didn't go so far as to try the blindfold trick.
The Crimmy's: While her mother occasionally talked about their homeland with Marcus on occasion, Vianella wasn't close to him or his Osirion wife. At least, not until she became a staple resident at the Jak'n'napes Inn.
Genelle Vade: As the operator of the town's magic shop, Vianella has visited on occasion to browse and discuss magic.
Kabran Bloodeye: The history of Vianella's visits to the Lady aside, one "honest businessman" often can recognize another. In return for allowing Vianella to visit Ralla at the workplace (when she's not busy), alongside a hefty commission, he's had her run a few "errands" that he wouldn't want directly connected to him. Vianella has mixed feelings about the owner of the Lady. One one hand he was likely involved in her father's disappearance or death which subsequently led to the decline of her mother alongside the, albeit temporary, departure from Falcon's Hollow and Ralla. On the other, despite some good memories of the man, her thoughts and most memories of her father often made her angry.

PersonalityVianella is a woman of sharp intellect and even sharper tongue. Her condescending, acerbic wit can leave even a confident person feeling exposed. Nonetheless, this is just a facade, a wall she puts up to shield her from pain and betrayal, something that was honed among the Sczarni. She is only open and vulnerable to her closest friends.

Last edited by DarkNetwerk; Jun 19th, 2024 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Crunchy stuff
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 07:51 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
@Hound I made my changes, but still have to work on the various relationships in town.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 08:00 PM
Star Gazing Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7241
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
Added in impressions of characters marked as complete on the main table! ...because I couldn't resist reading about everyone!

I use she/her or ze/zir pronouns!
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 08:46 PM
The Canadian Master Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17307
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Table Updated.

Here is the first wave of reviews for all completed or 95% completed characters. I won't give out second wave of reviews until all of the first wave is completed. Once you complete your character, prompt me to update the table so I can offer you a review.

Seekr34

Togot

Evolver

Cardassian

Triedtherest

Grouchy

Mightymconeshot

Fyre2387

Admin Dirk

Ermine

Cloverlord

SirXave

Asura8

DraconigenaArma

Last edited by Hound; Jun 14th, 2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 11:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6983
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 11:34 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12735
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Jun 15th, 2024 at 12:05 AM.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 11:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Edit: I THINK I'm done now?

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 15th, 2024 at 12:50 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2024, 12:08 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
SirXave SirXave
Thank you for the review, I was thinking about 50, so you're right, that was an oversight. I think when I was initially thinking about it, I forgot that I could magic up new NPC's. I agree that that would totally fit the character, so I will go in and do that. I agree on the druid suggestion, but I feel like flavorwise the druid gets the nature bit but doesn't get the focus on healing the same. The Wood Kineticist gets much of the druid nature flavor (even getting an improved woodland step and so on) and given the focus on flavor here, I wanted to play an underpowered archetype and underpowered element of a class I always want to enjoy the flavor of with the shaman rather than gestalt two tier 1 classes together. I think that either would work, but I could use a druid anywhere and couldn't use this many places. I'll probably finish updating the app sometime tommorrow.
Old Jun 15th, 2024, 12:22 AM
Star Gazing Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7241
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8

I use she/her or ze/zir pronouns!
Old Jun 15th, 2024, 12:52 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
SirXave SirXave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Table Updated.

Once you complete your character, prompt me to update the table so I can offer you a review.

I actually had inspiration strike and had to write it all up know. It is updated now.
Old Jun 15th, 2024, 01:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNetwerk View Post
InformationStr: 12, Dex: 16+2, Con: 14, Int: 16, Wis: 12, Cha: 14
You get two +2s as a human in this game.
Old Jun 15th, 2024, 02:10 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
According to the 1st edition Pathfinder book; Humans only receive '1' +2 Bonus to an attribute. However they are balanced because they also gain a bonus feat and a bonus +1/level skill point.
Old Jun 15th, 2024, 02:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Races: Core, Aasimar, Catfolk, Ifrit, Oread, Ratfolk, Sylph, Undine. All races other than human may mix up their racial ability scores however they wish, so long as they end with the same number of +2 and -2 as they started with. This will allow you to be a dwarf wizard, a halfling barbarian, or catolk alchemist without feeling like you made a “bad” pick. Humans gain +2 to any two atrributes they choose.
I said "in this game"

Edit: That came across MUCH more combative than I meant. >< Sorry. ><

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 15th, 2024 at 03:51 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2024, 03:58 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 929
DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
Thanks. I'd missed that since I wasn't really focusing on ability scores other than to get a sense on where I wanted them to land as I developed her. Not sure where that second +2 would go yet but I'll be sure to deal with it before she's completed.
Old Jun 15th, 2024, 04:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNetwerk View Post
Thanks. I'd missed that since I wasn't really focusing on ability scores other than to get a sense on where I wanted them to land as I developed her. Not sure where that second +2 would go yet but I'll be sure to deal with it before she's completed.
That's fair.

Going to be quite a gamble which of us gets in. ^~^ Hopefully both, since our builds are nothing alike. Would be nice to have a friendly rivalry in the party.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 15th, 2024 at 04:10 AM.