Other Something Wicked This Way Comes [Marvel Super Heroes: Advanced RPG] - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 30th, 2024, 04:39 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65
Renjikuchiki1
Work in progress; basically a combination of ideas from Steven Universe and She-Ra

Character Sheet
right-aligned image

NAME - Rebecca Smith
Origin: Human
Nationality:
Description
Civillian
Insert here

Disposition

Background
Backgrounds are to be kept skirt-length; short enough to be eye-catching but long enough to cover the important stuff. It is important to get an idea of who you are outside of the hero you imagine to become, and please, for the love of muffins, make it so that the most interesting part of you is not your super abilities.

Primary Abilities
  • Fighting:
  • Agility:
  • Strength:
  • Endurance:
  • Reason:
  • Intuition:
  • Psyche:

Secondary Abilities
  • Health:
  • Popularity: 0

Talents

Contacts

Equipment

Starlight’s Character Sheet
right-aligned image

HERO'S NAME - Starlight
Hero's Identity: Rebecca Smith and Princess Roh’is
Origin: Human [Rebecca] / Alien [Roh’is]
Identity: Secret
Nationality:
Description
Hero
Insert here, and please include a description of your costume.

Disposition

Background
Backgrounds are to be kept skirt-length; short enough to be eye-catching but long enough to cover the important stuff. It is important to get an idea of who you are outside of the hero you imagine to become, and please, for the love of muffins, make it so that the most interesting part of you is not your super abilities.

Primary Abilities: Starlight
  • Fighting: 26
  • Agility: 26
  • Strength: 36
  • Endurance: 21
  • Reason: 8
  • Intuition: 8
  • Psyche: 16

Secondary Abilities
  • Health: 109
  • Resources: Ty (5)
  • Popularity: 0

Powers
- Physical Gestalt
- True Flight
- True Invulnerability
- Weapons Creation
• Specialization: Edged and Blunt Weapons

Limitation (if/as applicable)

Talents

Contacts

Equipment

Last edited by Renjikuchiki1; Jul 2nd, 2024 at 12:29 AM.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 05:31 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Ok, now your Health is 102 (Add Fighting, Agility, Strength, and Endurance)

Your Karma is 38

Last edited by Cardassian; Jun 30th, 2024 at 05:55 PM.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 05:36 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31070
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
I'll happily take any advice or constructive criticism on my character sheet, now that Anima actually has enough to begin considering.

I'll be going the magic route, so any guidance on how that works in this system is appreciated!
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 05:57 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
I'll happily take any advice or constructive criticism on my character sheet, now that Anima actually has enough to begin considering.

I'll be going the magic route, so any guidance on how that works in this system is appreciated!
Have you looked at the powers that are connected with magic? That should help with a concept and would lead you into focusing a tighter shot group of powers.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 06:58 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardassian View Post
Have you looked at the powers that are connected with magic? That should help with a concept and would lead you into focusing a tighter shot group of powers.
Yep, and I'm watching all the videos on the link you provided to study up on magic.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 07:09 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I would gladly take the credit, but RedMoney provided the videos. Thank you Red.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 11:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 421
Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball
Okie dokie. I punched up my background a bit after reading some of the others. I think my character sheet ready for review whenever you get the time.
Old Jul 1st, 2024, 12:56 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
Would I be able to use the Realms of Magic book?
Old Jul 2nd, 2024, 10:52 PM
Cthulhu's BFF

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
Our shared little scamper, while wearing tights and trying not to get our capes caught in doors, is coming up fast...

Next Judge review/questions fielded: July 6
Call for final review: July 9
Decisions made: July 16
Game start: July 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkavianmilkball View Post
Okie dokie. I punched up my background a bit after reading some of the others. I think my character sheet ready for review whenever you get the time.
Love that you're playing with the Greek Pantheon, especially mortal's penchant for MRE's (nice touch there). Big fan of that creativity, great writing. Intrigued by the Health Drain and Healing on the same character, which has a nice sense of balance to it. Looks good to me.

Quote:
Magic will be treated in the same manner of any other power listed in the Players Book or The Ultimate Powers Book.

Descriptor have significant in-game ramifications that can sometimes change things significantly (e.g. Juggernaut's body armour is not even singed by Thor's lightning attack, but Loki's spells bite down to Caine's flesh, and Xavier's mental attack puts his half-brother He was doing his hair at the time and not wearing his super hatdown for the count), as an EMP might be the bane of a high-tech hero or robot, it is just a fancy light show for a mutant like Nightcrawler.

There's power in group diversity.

Quote:
Would I be able to use the Realms of Magic book?
Realms of Magic is definitely a great resource to nurture one's creative juices for the game and to help build thematic depth to one's character. Feel free to explore it to get some great ideas for Limitations and the like, or how your spells manifest. As long as I can find the power that is connected with the Spell: "Surtur's Dark Calling" in one of the above books, and listed somewhere for my easy reference, then you're golden for it to be your muse (or go off on your own and let your imagination really flesh out what you might want to play with).

Quote:
Love the pictures you chose, especially the second one which really blends the super heroine with mysticism. Really like your background, and the twist that a faux pas with speaking aloud could have you skip the line into being a spell flinger. Very strong app, and what I am seeing so far looks solid.

Last edited by Anarchy; Jul 2nd, 2024 at 11:01 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 06:27 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 421
Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball
Okay, dropped the rank by half so the cost remained the same on the health drain touch. Didn't notice it was asterisked.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 11:09 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
I picked my spells, and added some Talents, but I haven't found how much Talents cost yet. Still looking, though!
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 01:07 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I picked my spells, and added some Talents, but I haven't found how much Talents cost yet. Still looking, though!
If I'm not mistaken Most talents are 5 points. Fighting and Weapons talents cost 10.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 01:45 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken Most talents are 5 points. Fighting and Weapons talents cost 10.
Thanks! And also thanks for the advice on magic (even if most of it made me kinda ...lol.)

I took a shot at figuring out my point expenditure so far, which leads me to a question: are we paying for Ty [5] stats? If I leave my Strength at Ty, does it still cost me 5 creation points? What if I raise it to Gd [8]...does it cost 3, or 8?

I'm getting down to the tweaking/adjusting phase, so the point costs are starting to matter more.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Jul 3rd, 2024 at 02:07 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 02:36 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Thanks! And also thanks for the advice on magic (even if most of it made me kinda ...lol.)

I took a shot at figuring out my point expenditure so far, which leads me to a question: are we paying for Ty [5] stats? If I leave my Strength at Ty, does it still cost me 5 creation points? What if I raise it to Gd [8]...does it cost 3, or 8?

I'm getting down to the tweaking/adjusting phase, so the point costs are starting to matter more.
My understanding is the 5 Ty is free and the baseline of the attributes... but I have been wrong before as hard as that is to fathom.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 10:13 PM
Cthulhu's BFF

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
Quote:
Quote:
My understanding is the 5 Ty is free and the baseline of the attributes... but I have been wrong before as hard as that is to fathom.
Good question, I had not expected that reading, but I can totally see how it could be read that way.

Ascending to "Gd 8" would cost 8 points.

I had placed "Ty (5)" stats as an exemplar of how to denote one's stats on one's character sheet, rather than those being a baseline number of points to build your 300 point character from.

Sorry for any confusion that I wrought unintentionally with my ill-formed phrasing.