Other Something Wicked This Way Comes [Marvel Super Heroes: Advanced RPG] - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 4th, 2024, 02:37 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8279
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
Good question, I had not expected that reading, but I can totally see how it could be read that way.

Ascending to "Gd 8" would cost 8 points.

I had placed "Ty (5)" stats as an exemplar of how to denote one's stats on one's character sheet, rather than those being a baseline number of points to build your 300 point character from.

Sorry for any confusion that I wrought unintentionally with my ill-formed phrasing.
Phew I thought I might have to re-cost everything, thanks for clarifying @Anarchy.

Is it important to quote the "categories" of each stat - like good/excellent/amazing?

Actually I expect it probably is... leave this with me I will update soon.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 05:25 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3680
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
I think I have my app lined up now for the July 6 review.
Old Jul 6th, 2024, 01:45 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Are we still scheduled to find out who is in this evening?
Old Jul 6th, 2024, 08:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 421
Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball
Everyone's application is so good, the gm is trapped in choice paralysis. We've just killed a person.
Old Jul 6th, 2024, 10:27 PM
Cthulhu's BFF

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2219
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
Please finish up any last minute touches, as I will be basing my decision on the version left for my perusal on July 9.

Request (All): Please put a note next to your Power in which book it can be found (Advanced Players Book or the The Ultimate Powers Book) and what page it is on for easy reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardassian View Post
Are we still scheduled to find out who is in this evening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkavianmilkball View Post
Everyone's application is so good, the gm is trapped in choice paralysis. We've just killed a person.

The decision of those chosen is slated to be announced July 16 and then the game will start on July 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Gamer View Post
I think I have my app lined up now for the July 6 review.
Digging Pressure, and I love the artwork you picked.

Please replace the Marvel-crafted companies with those of your own creation. Not sure if Roxxon, Stane Industries, Alchemax, or Oscorp will exist in this world, or even if it will look anything like what anyone might expect as the game scurries forth.

Another strong application.

______

Last edited by Anarchy; Jul 6th, 2024 at 11:28 PM.
Old Jul 6th, 2024, 10:58 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball Malkavianmilkball
So its double even for the initial 10 purchase costs, not just the ranks? That was my confusion
EDIT: After rereading the point buy guide, that is indeed what you are saying.

Last edited by Malkavianmilkball; Jul 6th, 2024 at 11:04 PM.
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 04:47 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Thanks Anarchy. Edited as requested!

Last edited by Mitsubachi; Jul 7th, 2024 at 04:47 AM.
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 11:53 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Made some modifications and provided the pages. Everything is in the Ultimate Powers.
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 12:02 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31070
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Jul 7th, 2024 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 09:38 PM
Cthulhu's BFF

Tools
User Statistics
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
Heads Up: Some contributor named Marvelmaster entitling their webpage "Ultimate Powers" (Link), which contains a number of powers that are not from the Ultimate Powers or the Advanced Player's Book. I totally get the confusion such a document's naming convention causes, so I am working to help bring people's concepts to light.

At present, the only part of Classic Marvel Forever that I am using is the point buy thingy. I'll definitely let you know if that changes.

FEEDback....

Quote:
So its double even for the initial 10 purchase costs, not just the ranks? That was my confusion
EDIT: After rereading the point buy guide, that is indeed what you are saying.
I appreciate you making the adjustment to Ty (5) so quickly Malkavianmilkball (brain trying to wrap around the thought of malted milk balls made out of Malkavian vamps, which is fun to say).

Also, denoting where to find your powers, in what book and on what page, really helps. Thank you for taking the time to update that.

Panacea is marked as Complete, though I do ask that you double check your maths as I appear to have run out of fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubachi View Post
Thanks Anarchy. Edited as requested!
Appreciate the adjustment kind sir.

You're marked as Complete~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardassian View Post
Made some modifications and provided the pages. Everything is in the Ultimate Powers.
I look favourable upon thee and thine pancreas kind sir for doing that, makes my life easier

As I mentioned to Malkavian, denoting where to find your powers, in what book and on what page, really makes life simpler on my end, appreciate it.

Marked as Complete!

Aside: I don't want to tip my hand too much on this one, so keep this under your hat, but if you're one of those prolific posters that contributes each and every weekday without fail then you will be rewarded to be able to use Power Stunt powers without Karma costs being associated.

Also, again for those that are consistently around to post stuff that really makes this game enjoyable, I will be rewarding Character Points in game from time to time. The base system offers character advancement at a From page 39 of the Advanced Players Book:

"Coldboy has Cold Resistance of Amazing(60). It costs him 60 times 20, or 1200 Karma points to raise ti to Amazing(61), and an additional 61 times 20 (1220) plus 500 (for 1720) to gain Monstrous(63) resistance. "

"The cost of an additional Power is 3000 plus 40 times the starting rank number."

All of this in a world where the highest single award is typically 100 divided by the entire group, and that's for Defeating an Unearthly Foe or 5+ rescues (e.g. you could buy an additional Feeble (1) power after only 122 multiple rescues with the base system! Just in time for your character's retirement)
rather techtonic pace, so these CPs will really change what your character looks like in short order.

Last edited by Anarchy; Jul 8th, 2024 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 11:12 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Point costs and my math are added to the sheet.
Old Jul 8th, 2024, 02:23 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks again Anarchy.

Old Jul 8th, 2024, 09:44 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31070
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
FYI, I'll be on vacation from the 10th to about the 19th. I may be able to pop in during this time, but I'm not sure how my connectivity will be. Please feel free to NPC my character while I'm gone to move the story along.

Old Jul 10th, 2024, 12:22 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 240
MFCHOOM MFCHOOM MFCHOOM
Are you still accepting new applicants?
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM
Cthulhu's BFF

Tools
User Statistics
Initial post is up for everyone to muse upon, and get an idea of what they are in for (Forum link for those that wish to peruse). You will be starting wherever you wish, in the typical context where your character might be found (at home, work, vacation, fighting off the forces of evil, or perhaps you have never actually done the hero thing yet, or perhaps you're in jail...wherevs, up to thee), with your initial post as you prepare for the arrival of the first comet, or perhaps not caring in the slightest if that is your wont.

Initial PostIn many ways the 1980's are defined by materialism and consumerism, offering plastic-encased products aimed at the nouveau riche, such as Motorola's brand-new 2.5 pound and 10" long DynaTAC 8000X cellular phone, retailing for only $3995.00. For the rest of us it's a quarter per call from a pay phone, excitement brimming for the new release of the video game Duck Hunt; Nintendo offering us the freedom to play hyper-realistic 8-bit games at home rather than having to pay $0.25 at a mall arcade. The rise of the "yuppie" movement has had a significant impact on fashion, with big hair and hyper-vibrant colours being typical fare, whether it be donning neon slouch socks, bold eye-shadow and vibrant lipstick, or off the shoulder devil-may-care sweaters. Suave business casual consists of large heavily-padded shoulders and spacious pleating for men's dress pants. For the general mass of humanity it's tees and blue jeans, sweaters and sweatpants, with lovingly polished high top sneakers.

Yes' hit, "Owner of a Lonely Heart" dominates the airwaves and the UK charts, while controversy still ranges from the February Winter Olympics held in Sarajevo, due to several of the competitors being accused of employing super abilities during competition. Super powered individuals are revered or reviled, in no small part to actions of teams such as the heroic Fantastic 4, villains such as the X-Men, or monsters such as the Juggernaut, who just this week escaped from an undisclosed maximum security installation specially designed for the incarceration of superhuman criminals. All of this with the ever present threat of possible nuclear annihilation as the coldest of wars progresses and politicians throw tantrums over perceived slights. Luckily, when it is time to let one's hair down, drug-fuelled parties are overly abundant and readily available; remnants of white powder dusts tabletops and nares alike.

It is a strange time, but it is only about to get stranger.

right-aligned image
3 months ago an exposť was aired on the evening news across the globe, supposedly supported by a confidential source, which reported that in mid-December 1983 an array of ground-based telescopes, working in concert with deep space reconnaissance radar, detected multiple astrological phenomena traveling towards Earth at Approaching at a dizzying rate of 52 kilometres per second, which should it make impact with Earth would strike with the equivalent force of 0.14 billion megatons of TNT (14.6 times the estimated energy of the asteroid impact that killed the dinosaurs) and would invariably sterilise the planet of all life.

incomprehensible speeds. Requests were made for comment from multiple governmental agencies, which were politely ignored and no media traction was gained until 2 weeks ago, when everything changed. Live on air the chief science advisor of the European Space Agency fully corroborated the claims, stating her rationale to come forth was to eliminate conspiracy theories and allay the populace’s fears. The gist of the interview was as follows:
  • Information was kept silent solely to stave off a world-wide panic until more data could be collected and contingencies put in place,
  • Advanced data analytics have identified the astrological phenomena as long-period comets, on highly eccentric and highly inclined orbits, likely dislodged from the Oort Cloud, perhaps by the gravitational tides of the Milky Way itself,
  • Crunching the telemetry data, compared across multiple nations space agencies, have determined that the probability of a substantive impact causing a threat to mankind is infinitesimal,
  • The largest comet exceeds 8 kilometres in length, easily twice the size of the next largest of the comets,
  • The leading comet is scheduled to arrive at 11:20pm GMT+3 and will be close enough to be observed (0.3089 AU, or 46.21 million kilometres) with the naked eye, the best views of the dazzling light show being offered initially for those that reside in eastern Europe and Central Africa.
Front page news the next morning is festooned with information about the onrushing comets, the Rock, dust, water ice, frozen carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, methane, ammonia, and other trace materials (including those of unknown origin).typical composition of cometary nuclei, and their These comets are the size of a small town, sublimating under the pressure of our sun’s solar winds, causing it to spew dust and gasses into a giant glowing head larger than most planets.unfathomable sizes involved with these massive space-faring icy wanderers.

Today is April 22, 1984, and tens of millions of people are glued to their television screens and radios, save for those doomsday preppers who sit with their friends and families in their nuclear bunkers hoping for the best, but being prepared for the worst.

Quote:
Point costs and my math are added to the sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubachi View Post
Thanks again Anarchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
FYI, I'll be on vacation from the 10th to about the 19th. I may be able to pop in during this time, but I'm not sure how my connectivity will be. Please feel free to NPC my character while I'm gone to move the story along.
Kick your feet up and relax folks, I'll pop back on the 16th to invite people into the game, which will start July 22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFCHOOM View Post
Are you still accepting new applicants?
Sorry MFCHOOM, you just missed the cut off, but keep watching as I will come back to this thread for additional heroic folk if attrition drops the numbers.

Thank you so much for your interest all. Applications are closed at this time.

Last edited by Anarchy; Yesterday at 09:33 AM.