Old Jun 25th, 2024, 09:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Aras3 Aras3 Aras3 Aras3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras3 View Post
I wanted to play a Wilder//Binder using the psionic and pact magic subsystems of 3.5
Just quoting my question in case you didn't notice ...
Old Jun 25th, 2024, 09:54 PM
Thunder Maker

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 302
IronStar IronStar IronStar IronStar
I will allow it.
Old Jun 25th, 2024, 11:05 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LlaApendici LlaApendici
Would you allow Magic of Incarnum too?
Old Jun 25th, 2024, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Posting interest. My application will probably come tomorrow after work (I'm waiting to start work now, and don't think I have enough time to finish an app). As an archaeologist Bard//investigator. Not the same character as the other game, I just like the class mix since I was led into it.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 25th, 2024 at 11:29 PM.
Old Jun 25th, 2024, 11:34 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
Yas392 Yas392
Throwing my hat into the ring. Looks like an investigator/occult game.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 12:58 AM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8353
arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12
Application is up. Still have a lot of detail work to do on the character sheet itself, but I imagine that won't take more than a day or two.

EDIT: And I swear, I made my class choices long before seeing what Yas392 posted above me, LOL.

Last edited by arin12; Jun 26th, 2024 at 12:58 AM.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 01:25 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20743
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStar View Post
Great app! Only one thing stands out and that has to do with Cressida. She is now the Queen in the current timeline. Other than that, great stuff!
Hmm, I suppose it depends on how far into the time line it is... if its not too long ago, they could have met when she was captain of the guard .. and now she became queen then events broke out and now shes calling on an old friend to help If not, whos the new captain?

Last edited by kaylara; Jun 26th, 2024 at 01:25 AM.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 03:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If everyone else is an investigator, I guess I'll be picking a different second class. Or make them a jinyiwei investigator, since that seems to fit thematically, and is significantöy differemt (what with being a caster).

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 26th, 2024 at 03:20 AM.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 03:26 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9541
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Ainz Ool Gown
Race: human
Class: wizard necromancer/fighter
Alignment: Lawful neutral
Traits:Arcane researcher, Hard to Kill
flaws:Chivalrous Courtesy

Personality: Ainz is a awkward introvert who has difficulty understanding social norms which occasionally causes him to unintentionally offend people which gets him in trouble. He has his own unique sense of morality believing to repay evil with evil and kindness with kindness. He also believes it is natural for the strong to dominate the weak, and so the goal of all people should be to seek strength and that choosing to be weak is a sin. He is fiercely loyal to his friends and treasures the bonds he forms with those who accept him. His goal is to become immortal and found his own nation which he will name Nazerik. He is a very practical man who won’t hesitate to sacrifice for his goals and eliminate those who get in his way

Appearance: Ainz is a gaunt man of imposing six foot three stature. His hair is long and black turning grey. His eyes are stern and cold. He wears fine robes carries a staff with him.

Backstory: When Ainz Ool Gown was eight years old, he watched his grandfather Momon Naberel Gown waste away, bedridden, weak, and suffering. Eventually, the eldest patriarch of his house passed away a shriveled husk of the man he used to be. this sight left a profound mark on the young noble, and he feared suffering the same fate, but he was a clever lad; more clever than most, so he put his mind to work on how to avoid it.

As a noble’s son, he learned swordsmanship as a necessity, and he was competent enough, but he was more a thinker than a fighter, and his mind needed books like his sword needed a wet stone. While other nobles were having trysts behind the bushes or stoning paupers, Ainz was in the library reading everything he could get his hands on. He loved reading about the exploits of heroes and pathfinders, especially the mages. The tales of what they could do, and the power they could wield enticed him like nothing else, and through constant pleading, he convinced his father Momunga to send him to Acadamae.

The prestigious wizard college produced some of the finest magical minds in the world, and as Ainz would soon learn, was one of the most dangerous institutions one could find. For the first three years, students were treated as little more than slaves by upperclassmen and teachers alike. Here Ainz’s nobility bore him no advantage. He was forced to work just like the rest of them. two out of every ten students met their end during this period, and Ainz witnessed the deaths of several.

One was stung to death by a murderous imp. Another triggered a magical trap left on his door as a prank. A third was burned alive by an angry senior due to failing a task. Ainz knew one wrong step could be his end, but through wit and hard work, he made it through the culling.

It was then that Ainz had to make the most monumental decision of his life: what school of magic would he dedicate his life to studying? The memory of his grandfather slowly wasting away had never left him, and it was fear of meeting such a fate that had driven the noble-born’s actions to this point. Ainz wasn’t just studying magic for the sake of power; it was the means to achieving his goal of immortality.

The college's founder Volshyenek Ornelos had seemingly discovered the secret. Known as the eternal lord, the conjurer had found a way to stop his aging process, though he did eventually die. Ainz learned all he could about the former head master, but he failed to learn the secret to his eternal youth. The young wizard very much doubted conjuration was the key. The school that Ainz believed held the secret was the most taboo; the one that commanded the very element of death and undeath: necromancy.

He joined the hall of whispers and delved deep into the dark arts. He quickly proved himself a prodigy of the magical arts and he soon caught the attention of the headmaster Toff Ornelos. The two quickly formed a rapport, and Ainz received privileged tutelage.

After his ten year tenure was completed, Ainz was frustrated with failure in finding the secret of immortality, but he had a good foundation for conducting his own research. Sadly, his life was about to take a tragic turn. While he had been away studying, his father had earned the enmity of Glorio Arkona, head of house Arkona, the most powerful noble house in the city. Behind the scenes, she sabotaged House Gown’s every endeavor and business driving his family into financial ruin. She had his family blacklisted, and once they were pariahs, Ainz’s family members began having accidents.

Fearing for his life, Ainz set a trap and caught his would-be assassins by surprise. Knowing the only way Glorio would stop hunting him was if he were dead, Ainz faked his death and abandoned his former life. He began his new life by turning to a friend he made at Acadamae, Count Varian Jeggare and the pathfinder society where he began his career as an adventurer.

Many years have passed, and Ainz has had many adventures and gained several powerful magic items, but the secret to immortality still eludes him. now in his mid-forties, he feels his age and the pressing weight of his mortality. Time is short, but Ainz hasn’t given up. if there is a way to cheat death, he will find it.
Relationships
NPC1 Toff Ornelos is the headmaster of Acadamae who took an interest in Ainz due to his affinity for magic. The old conjuror became Ainz tutor and the two formed a friendship that endures to this day.

NPC2 Glorio Arkona is the head of house Arkona, one of the most powerful families in the city. She is responsible for the destruction of house Gown and the deaths of Ainz’s family members. Ainz is currently in hiding from her though he does desire revenge.

NPC3 Count Varian Jeggare is the head of the pathfinder society and childhood friend of Ainz. The two met in Acadamae, and Ainz turned to him for help in hiding from Glorio. Ainz has worked for him for a number of years as a pathfinder.

Last edited by Togot; Jun 27th, 2024 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 05:26 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8
Tempestfury
Going to be posting my interest in this game. Level 8 Gestalt is absolutely right in my alley!

Alchemist is going to be my focus, as I've always wanted to play a Bomber. Give me that AoE damage and CC as a non-caster thank you very much! I'll come back to the second class later, once I have more time to work on a character

But I will ask, can I exchange my level 1 bonus feat for the Infusion Discovery? Normally I have to wait until Level 2 to get the Discovery, but considering the fact the Infusion Discovery is a ridiculous feat/talent tax (no other 'caster' in the game can't use their spells on allies), I'm hoping this slight change will be acceptable. Would love if Infusion is just given for free, but trading my level 1 feat for it seems like a fair deal to me.

Last edited by Tempestfury; Jun 26th, 2024 at 05:29 AM.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 06:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7712
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Doctor Archibold "Archie" Reynolds
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Abdul Alhazred, Kitab al-Azif
Name: Doctor Archibold "Archie" Reynolds
right-aligned image

Race: Human

Class (1): Unchained Rogue (Phantom Thief) 8

Class (2): Alchemist (Mindchemist/Internal Alchemist) 8

Alignment: CG

Appearance and Personality: Thin framed (from hardly ever taking the time to eat properly), pale skin (from too much time indoors), and has has prematurely greying black hair (stress!) He is incessantly curious about the natural sciences, though due to some bad experiences he is somewhat wary of the Supernatural sciences (Arcane and Divine Spellcasting). Seemingly cold-natured, he never seems or feels like he fits in anywhere. Since joining the criminal elements of society, his speech patterns have changed, taking on a rougher edge. Only seems to smile when discovering or trying something new, and tends to talk in an almost bored monotone, unless it's about something that interests him, then he becomes quite animated!

Character Sheet - WIP

Last edited by triedtherest; Jun 27th, 2024 at 11:56 AM.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 08:47 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
ATurna ATurna
I announce my interest as well, particularly if 3.5 material is accepted. I have wanted to play a Beguiler for some times.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 08:57 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
SirXave SirXave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
If everyone else is an investigator, I guess I'll be picking a different second class. Or make them a jinyiwei investigator, since that seems to fit thematically, and is significantöy differemt (what with being a caster).
This is exactly what I was thinking. I was considering an investigator but don't want to do that if everyone else is. I guess that's what happens when you say intrigue so people want skills.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 08:59 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I'm currently going with Archaeologist Bard//Sword Saint Samurai. Samurai may change (I've never played one, though), but bard will not.

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 26th, 2024 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jun 26th, 2024, 09:48 AM
Thunder Maker

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 302
IronStar IronStar IronStar IronStar
LlaApendici: I'll allow incarnum classes.

kaylara: Your character could have known her during her captain years and kept in touch after her promotions.

Tempestfury: I'll allow the exchange for infusion.

Last edited by IronStar; Jun 26th, 2024 at 09:53 AM.