Old Jun 27th, 2024, 11:42 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
SirXave SirXave
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStar View Post
No to variant multiclass. I'd like not to complicate things more than they already are.
With that, I respect cutting out VMC on gestalt, is normal multiclassing ok? I'm just talking about a 1 level dip because not having trapfinding is awkward for a skill monkey like mine.

Edit: alternatively are campaign traits ok?https://aonprd.com/TraitDisplay.aspx...=Trap%20Finder

Last edited by SirXave; Jun 27th, 2024 at 11:54 PM.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 12:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Tbf I have trapfinding if we need it, and can also disable magical traps. (Assuming we both get in)

Last edited by Ermine; Jun 28th, 2024 at 06:08 AM.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 09:00 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
SirXave SirXave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
Tbf I have trapfinding if we need it, and can also disable magical traps. (Assuming we both get in)
That's fair, and my character could default to activating magical traps from a distance when needed. That's probably ok then m
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 01:24 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23473
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I can't help myself. I have a character that I made for another game application before having to drop due to real life issues. I've always regretted not being able to play Sam and figured I will try now.

I'll have to change Sam's backstory a bit to fit. but not by much. I've already decided to have her affiliated with Captain Finley Broadcastle.

As a Swashbuckler(Picaroon)/Fighter(Cad)+Deep Sea Pirate(maybe), Sam might even be one of Captain Finley Broadcastle officers.

If you want to see the original post you can find it here

"arE yoU ReAdy To PlaY a GaMe?"
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 02:18 PM
Thunder Maker

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 302
IronStar IronStar IronStar IronStar
I like Sam, and she'd do well with Broadcastle. He'd definitely have an officer like her on board. He has ambitions for more than just being a privateer captain, so he'd want to promote Sam to captain once he's procured his advancement.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 10:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14063
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
I believe my app is done. If you could review it to make sure I am not missing anything, let me know.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 10:50 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20743
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Ok just wanted to share an oldie but goodie ... Sam might be able to leverage this if you wanted for some RP flavor....

Don't just sit back and look like one, Learn how to curse like one!!!

Pirate Insult Generator
Just roll 3d20 and start insulting people like a proper pirate!

d20 1st Adjective 2nd Adjective Insulting Noun
1Well-Dressed Properly-Mannered Gentlemen
2CowardlyScum-SuckingSwine
3CravenDeck-SwabbingScurvy Dog
4SnivelingSalt-LickingSalty Swab
5Lily-LiveredBilge-SuckingHarbor Hog
6StinkingGrog-GuzzlingFreebooter
7Yellow-BelliedFlea-BaitingShark Bait
8Slack-JawedPants-WettingRapscallion
9Pansy-AssedNose-DrippingGalley-Whore
10Soggy-BottomedBoot-LickingSea Bass
11LowlyDog-PaddlingBallast Pig
12PrissySkirt-WearingMonkey
13MutinousParrot-LovingCockroach
14SlovenlyKnee-KnockingSack of Crap
15FoppishMast-StraddlingCrud Bucket
16Cross-EyedFish-KissingBaboon
17SorryBeach-CoddlingImbecile
18WorthlessThumb-SuckingMaggot
19ShriveledEel-CoddlingWeasel
20Numb-BrainedSack-ScratchingLandlubber
Old Jun 29th, 2024, 12:19 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
oh I am defiantly using that chart
;
crap, forgot your not supposed to roll on these threads. sorry. hiding the evidence

"You lowly beach-coddling ballast pig!"

Last edited by Silk; Jun 29th, 2024 at 01:47 AM.
Old Jun 29th, 2024, 12:44 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20743
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
If u like, heres a pic you might be able to use if u wanted to change it up a little from your last game...

Last edited by kaylara; Jun 29th, 2024 at 12:45 AM.
Old Jun 29th, 2024, 12:46 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Aras3 Aras3 Aras3 Aras3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStar View Post
Depends on the archetypes.
Akashic Warrior Fighter archetype or the psionic one?
https://metzo.miraheze.org/wiki/Akashic_Warrior
https://metzo.miraheze.org/wiki/Psionic_Fighter

Last edited by Aras3; Jun 29th, 2024 at 03:05 AM.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 06:10 PM
Thunder Maker

Tools
User Statistics
I'll allow those archetypes.

I'm checking over the apps that are finished tonight and tomorrow. I'll provide feedback when I'm finished.
Old Jul 1st, 2024, 07:01 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Click on Sam, under Name, for her character sheet. Equipment is not done, just a few notes and I need to do the relationship part still, but everything else should be good to go.

Also, any tips on feat's and skills would be appreciated. I'm not that familiar with Pathfinder but I have played a few games in the past. And any pirate lore for pathfinder would be awesome
Sam the Huntress
right-aligned image
  • Name: Samantha "Huntress" Wells
  • Race: Human
  • Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
  • Class[Side I // Side II]: Swashbuckler(Picaroon) 8 // Fighter(Cad) 7/ Inner Sea Pirate 1

Appearance:
At an average height of 5 foot 4 inches with an athletic build, Samantha does not stand out much. Her looks are above average and she can pull off the cute look very well if she still had her hair done up in twin pigtails. Now a days, she just leaves it be. It's when you get to know her that you realize beneath that cute exterior and a cunning smile that Sam has a mean streak. The sheaths tied together on her left side holding a rapier and shortsword along with a double-barreled pistols on her right hip and another stuffed in the back of her breaches should have also clued one into just how dangerous Sam could be. When she goes to war, Sam also grabs a buckler gun to strap to her left forearm. But then, most men will look past all that and see Samantha's pretty looks and think "easy mark" to their detriment. Sam absolutely loves being underestimated.

Personality:
Sam is arrogant, deceptive, and quite a bit vindictive. To put it bluntly, Sam will shoot you in the face if you attack her but she does not kill without a good reason. Raised as a pirate, betrayed by her crew, stranded to die, and having to betray people to follow her quarry halfway around the world, Sam is not a nice person and she knows it. It has a tendency to weigh on her so Sam drinks a lot. And if Sam shoots out your knee in a drunken stuper, know that she will at the very least apologize when she sobers up.

Background:
Samantha might as well have been born a pirate and as far as the world at large thinks, she and her entire island village of sounds pirate-y Targo are pirates. During a time in Sam's youth, their little village was struck by famine and no one would help them, so the village of Targo started raiding ships. The famine only lasted a year and it took another year before they could get enough to sustain themselves but the damage was done. Targo was labeled a pirate haven and any kind of trade with their neighbors was costly or unwanted. When the actual pirates showed up, Targo had no choice but to become what everyone said it was, a pirate haven. With her mother having died in childbirth Sam was left to be raised by her father Jimmy. Being raised by a fisherman and then a pirate was no picnic for Samantha and she had her eyes opened wide at an early age. By the time she was fourteen, Sam had killed for the first time when a few pirates from a rival crew had decided to rob her house and have some fun while her father Jimmy was out to sea. Sam was forced to flee and during the fight, her house went up in flames and so she decided Targo was no longer safe. Upon their return, Sam signed up with the same pirate crew that her father had joined who led by a dwarven pirate named Spike and sailed the Kraken's Eye.

Pirating is not an easy livelihood nor is it as glamorous as all the stories made such a life out to be. Samantha became hardened and sullen in her years as a pirate but managed to keep a sense of self along the way. It was possible Sam would have stayed a pirate for the rest of her life if not for the mutiny. Captain Spike took a bad wound while taking an Imperial Galleon and was later killed by Spike's first mate, Krill when Sam's father and a handful of crewmembers loyal to the captain tried to stop a mutiny over the spoils. Samantha quickly found herself on the losing side of the mutiny but Krill was known as a vicious and bloodthirsty human and except for his sister back in Parsantium he has no qualms about killing everyone. But that one bright spot in Krill's personality would not save Sam and it did not save her father or any of his fellow shipmates for siding against the man. Sam watched her father die at the hands of Krill but in her anger knew she could not claim vengeance now. With the battle lost and her father dead, there was only one place for Sam to go, and that was into the sea. Filled with anger at Krill's betrayal, Sam did not like her chances as she dove into the water, but they were better than back on the Kraken's Eye. Ditching anything that might weigh her down including most of her clothes, Sam bound any wounds that might bleed and attract sharks before conserving her strength by laying back and floating. Adrift, Sam forced herself to remain calm and waited for the gods to decide her fate. Samantha floated for a good two days before she heard the faint sounds of seagulls and spent the rest of that day trying to get to the speck of land that would be her new home. Fate it seemed had decided to grant Sam a second chance.

For over a year Samantha survived on that lonely lump of rock, finding only enough food and water to survive. For four hundred days Sam barely survived and came close to dying of dehydration when the rains failed to come on time. When a merchant ship rescued a scrawny scantly clad girl off that island, Sam had already planned on exactly what she would do. There was little chance of her being able to hunt down the Kraken's Eye and by extensions, Krill after a year and change. So she made her way to Parsantium where Sam knew Krill had a sister. It was the only lead she had and once there Sam headed to the Dock Ward where she found that the Kraken had docked three months past. Not wanting to spook Krill's sister by asking around for relatives of the traitorous man, and with nothing better to do than wait until the Kraken's Eye made another appearance in Parsantium, Samantha decided to get drunk. After winning a With nothing on her to bet with, Sam bet herself. Either way, she would have some fun.bet that she could out-drink a local, Sam turned in her winnings for more rum that caused the next few days to turn into a blur, and along the way she made some new acquaintances. Though some would say waking up laying in your own vomit chained to a post in a dingy basement with a throbbing headache and throbbing body from a beating she had received was the wrong acquaintances to make. But until the Kracken's Eye and/or Krill arrived in Parsantium, Sam needed some way to make enough drinking money for her stay here. When a group of angry men and women with injuries from a barfight entered the basement, Sam could only grin at causing more damage to them than she had received. When a man with a limp, a broken nose, and his right arm in a sling hobbled forward asking if she knew that she was messing with the La Speranza Family, Sam just grinned even though her split lip hurt. Before the man could go on or before the angry mob could finish their work Sam said,

"Hay, I'm just looking for work while I wait for this one ship to come in. If you're looking for qualifications just look at the damage I did to you and your friends while falling down drunk. Now imagine what would have happened if I had been sober?"

Sam might have made a fine captain for the La Speranza crime family, but 9 months later Samantha heard that the Kraken's Eye had been sunk just off of Riddleport, a pirate town, and she disappeared from Parsantium's shores a week later. Making the long journey to Riddleport, no one would talk to Sam about the Kraken's captain and their was no sight of Krill on land. Eventually Sam found out the name of the captain who had sunk the Kraken's Eye was a human named Broadcastle, a privateer out of Korvosa. With eyes and ears starting to watch her comings and goings, Sam decided she had nosed around the pirate haven long enough, and hitched a ride to Korvosa where she eventually found one Captain Finley Broadcastle starting to get drunk. Dry of mouth and light of gold, Sam tried the same trick she did in Parsantium.

Relationships:
  • Brill Ruckshire: Brill was on the ship that Sam took from Parsantium to Riddleport and a devout follower of Besmara, the Pirate Queen, and a talker too. Brill would talk about anything, from how he assumed the gods formed storms to the peculiar taste of the pickled haring today. But Brill's favorite topic was Besmara, and as the new swabe to the crew of this pirate merchant vessel, Sam was stuck with him. Somehow, as the days turned into weeks on their voyage to Riddleport, Brill had made a follower of Besmara out of Sam. Which surprised the hell out of her since she was such a loner and disliked Brills, constant yammering about Besmara. By the time they entered Riddleport, Sam is still hesitant about worshiping Besmara, but to this day, Sam prays to the Pirate Queen when she feels the need.
    Besmara's Dogma: Follow the Pirates' Code: Once they commit themselves to a ship, they are bound to show unwavering loyalty to their captains and crews until they reach their intended destination. She demands followers seize what they want without care for who owns it, and encourages devotees to fight dirty and sow chaos if it gives them the upper hand.
  • Captain Finley Broadcastle: Sam failed to drink Captain Broadcastle under the table, but it was a close call so he called it a tie and decided that when she woke up he would tell her what he know of the battle with the Kraken, and she would join his crew. Sam agreed even with the throbbing headache, but was disappointed by what information her new captain could tell her. After all, you can't see crap in a hurricane, but he did confirmed that the Kraken's Eye was broken in twain after the storm had passed. Denied her vengeance against Krill, alive or dead, Sam went about her day annoyed and frustrated after such a long unfulfilling chase. Being a pirate and follower of Besmara aboard a privateer did force Sam to come in conflict about some things, like which ship to loot, but she actually respects Captain Broadcastle.

• Zenobia Zenderholm: Being frustrated in her chase for Krill, and annoyed by being grounded due to the monster attacks instead of being at sea. Add in having to fight stinking fish demons and getting paid to do so, with only time to burn drinking rum between attacks, and it's no wonder that Sam was brought before Zenobia Zenderholm the hanging judge due to getting in a drunken braw with a similarly inebriated off-duty Korvosan Guard. Not once, but three times. Having slept it of in the jail, paid a fine, and spent three days in jail and fined(in that order), Sam figured the hanging judge was a big softy. So when Sam saw Zenobia sitting at an outside bar, people watching and nursing a stein of beer, she sat down and said, "I'll have what Zen is having." Not one to be ruffled, Zen sat quietly and ignored Sam until Zenobia got up and left. Over the next few weeks Sam continued to try and annoy Zenobia only to find herself the one annoyed until she sat back and people watched with the judge. It actually got to the point where Sam enjoyed her time with Zen as she felt comfortable just sitting with the woman and people watching. Though Sam did wonder why Zenobia paid more attention to the Sam doesn't even suspect Zenobia's secretfrail and elderly than anyone else.

Last edited by Silk; Jul 7th, 2024 at 04:22 AM.
Old Jul 1st, 2024, 06:59 PM
Thunder Maker

Tools
User Statistics
I've reviewed the completed applications, and you've all done a great job creating interesting characters. I've enjoyed reading them immensely. They are not missing things I can mention. Some editing and tweaks at most. Again, well done, I'm going to have hard time picking players when time.

For pirates, look into Riddleport, a rival city in Varisia and a haven for pirates. Also, there's The Shackles, where Captain Broadcastle comes from. It's an entire area of the inner sea controlled by Pirate Lords, and the good captain was once one of them. He doesn't share why he left or how he ended up in Korvosa. None of his crew is from The Shackles, they're mostly from Riddleport or travelers from all over Golarion.
Old Jul 1st, 2024, 09:15 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90789
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Lol... by the time your deadline comes, you'll have another dozen well done apps to sort through.
Old Jul 1st, 2024, 10:56 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LlaApendici LlaApendici
I am reading and reading NPCs.

Are there any people in Korvosa making safari hunts? Or can I create the NPC myself?