twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 2nd, 2024, 01:41 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
ATurna ATurna
How much can we use the NPCs? Can we tell a story where some of them are corrupt?
Old Jul 2nd, 2024, 02:34 PM
Thunder Maker

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 302
IronStar IronStar IronStar IronStar
You can create NPCs if you wish.

The NPCs can factor into your app as much as you want. You can have corrupt NPCs.

One week until I choose players.

Last edited by IronStar; Jul 2nd, 2024 at 02:35 PM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2024, 06:05 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 929
DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk DarkNetwerk
Ok. I think my application here, is now ready for review.
Old Jul 2nd, 2024, 06:44 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
LlaApendici LlaApendici
I didn't know Pathfinder has/had a god of humanity! Good old Zarus had visited other universes.

Yes, yes, I know... it is evil old Zarus.

Anyway, I will make a character who is a strong supporter of the dead human god church.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 04:20 PM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8353
arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStar View Post
I've reviewed the completed applications... They are not missing things I can mention. Some editing and tweaks at most.
Just checking, do you want those nuances figured out before making final decisions? My notes say I have traits/drawbacks, background skills, and my GP spending spree yet to do, but my instinct is to put off and focus on the holiday this week.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 07:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16520
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Hmm another gestalt game, awfully tempting, always a good chance to try something different.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 10:21 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
DoesAOneSave DoesAOneSave DoesAOneSave
I actually signed up just for this game since I am seeing so many really nicely fleshed out character concepts. :P

But onwards. So I see a metric ton of melee already, a lone rogue, and investigator type and a healer/buffer. I probably missed some in there. So focusing on bringing at least some of the more rare roles then.

Hmmm.... I could go the buffer route on one side for sure, with some melee on the other. Or, melee one side with more psionic investigative type on the other side along with some aoe damage as well, since we do not seem to have much blaster stuff.

Any thoughts?

Also for apps... Is it sheet complete to have a shot at being picked? Or, just bare bones with good fluff for the app?
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 10:32 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90789
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
generally speaking, sheets are not required prior to selection. The GM here makes no mention of having one. In the GM's own words... Looking for a concept. Best of luck to you in your application!

application
Name:
Race:
Classes: Side I/Side II
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Relationships: Choose at least 3 NPCs to build strong ties to.

- I'm looking for three-dimensional characters with personality and conviction. Make me believe they're real. I enjoy a good story and a fleshed out character, so a detailed application with a lot of depth has a better shot of making the cut. (This doesn't mean it has to be a long application, just detailed.)
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 11:10 PM
Thunder Maker

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 302
IronStar IronStar IronStar IronStar
Everyone should focus on the holiday (if it's a holiday for you.) I'll be working through a mountain of tasks in the morning and afternoon and celebrating with family in the evening.

The good Admin's advice is sound. You don't have to have a sheet made, just a well fleshed out character concept and a strong application.
Old Jul 3rd, 2024, 11:30 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90789
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Good admin? There's a good admin in this thread too? Thought it was just me.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 12:45 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20743
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin Dirk View Post
Good admin? There's a good admin in this thread too? Thought it was just me.
Nope not at all, your not a good admin... do you want to know what kind of admin you are...
do you really want to know...

then click here and find out...

Last edited by kaylara; Jul 4th, 2024 at 12:47 AM.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 10:40 AM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12735
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Indeed, enjoy the holiday everyone! Ironstar, I added some more to my app. Also, what calendar are you using for the game? You mentioned making our own Golarion, but is it safe to assume that's mostly regarding lore and that days/months/years are in Absolam Reckoning? And if so what is the current year? You said after Runelords, so 4708 or 9 ish?

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; Jul 4th, 2024 at 01:41 PM.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 09:23 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13752
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Doral Fangbeard
Some mood music.
Class 1: Hag-Riven Elemental Bloodline Bloodrager 1/Unchained Master of Many Styles Monk 1/Adaptive shifter 6
Class 2: Totemist 5/Totem Rager 3

Race: Dwarf

Appearance: Doral stands tall enough to look most human men in the eye and weighs more than most orc warchiefs. A walnut brown beard covers the front of the man while a pitch black waterfall of hair runs town his back down to the waist. Pale blue eyes peak out from behind bushy brown brows and clashing with the rich tan of windscarred skin.

Doral smells of the forest and speaks with the steady calm of a man used to solitude and silence. His clothes are plain and show a preference for muted tones to match the wilderness over the more garish garb preferred by most in the cities. Around his neck is an amulet made from the teeth of a dozen varieties of magical beasts. Doral prefers to be barefoot but when in polite society, and forced to, he wears thick soled boots polished to a shine.

Personality: Doral has a strong sense of justice even for a Dwarf though he holds no great stance on the morality of any given issue. Survival of the fittest was an ethos instilled in him from birth but he can still show compassion for those close to him. Slow to anger and quick to forgive the large Dwarf is generally likable and likes nothing more than sharing a good meal with good company.

Background: Doral was born in a druidic grove in the Mindspin Mountains his parents had moved to nearly a century past. The youngest of a brood counting over a dozen in a community with nearly two hundred children growing up in the harsh environs of the wild mountain but even among such a rugged group Doral would soon stand out. Among the children of the grove specialization was the norm but Doral instead devoted himself to being as adaptive as possible. His older sister Reina could outclimb him if only by a few seconds. Their friend Eiden could swim faster than him by a hair and a dozen children could outrun him but none could so reliably perform well in every single environment as Doral.

Doral's teens through his forties were spent proving himself time and again in the Grove's training grounds where the youths would challenge one another either in the form of hazardous races or in combat. The ferocious young dwarf was not undefeated in that pit, to the best of his knowledge no one ever had been, but he won more challenges than any other in living memory and by a goodly number at that though perhaps that had more to do with how many he both accepted and issued than with his innate skill though that certainly didn't lack.

On his fiftieth birthday Doral first ventured beyond the hidden grove in the Mindspin Mountains and made his way carefully through its labyrinthine passes to the civilized lands. His parents had told him of their many travels and of the great city of Korvosa which at that time had been a bit more humble an affair though still vast beyond his understanding of what a city could possibly be and he was willing to admit to himself if not the rest of the Grove that his obsessive training was so that he could see the world beyond their cliffsides.

The first year in Korvosa was hellish and many times Doral considered giving up and returning home to live in the relative hermitage of the Grove. How bad could it really be you ask yourself? Well to hear Doral tell it...

The Three RingsThe light flickered as Doral began recounting the tale of his first year in Korvosa with an enraptured young private Grau Soldato looking across the table at the bounty hunter who had helped him capture an arsonist earlier that day. Doral raised a meaty pinky on his left hand, his face in that sharp-toothed grin he got whenever he told a tale no matter how short or tall it may be. "Well first week I was in this dump I got the Dragon's Cough took near a month till I could breath without my throat feeling like it was on fire. Got food poisoning cause a street vendor hid some rot behind a whole bunch of spices within days of finally having that clear up. Not two weeks after I feel better from that fiasco and I came down with consumption which had me laid up most of the rest of that year but ain't no sickness known to man nor beast can kick this ol' stump over!" The laughter that rang out was loud enough for the both of them even if Grau wasn't yet comfortable enough to share in it quiet so quickly...

After the first year things quickly turned around for the better and now a couple decades in the dwarf is one of the most well-known bounty hunters in town with jobs often taking him far into the reaches of the Mindspin Mountains for bandits who sought to escape justice. Doral personally cares little for the moral arguments to be had and mostly sees the job as a way to obtain money that allows him to range far and wide and see more of the world. From the time he first stepped foot in Korvosa he has now fought a dragon, a young green that didn't seem to get the cautious gene so many of its color relied on to grow old, beaten an ettin chieftain in a wrestling match, brought hundreds of brigands to justice, and now it seemed he was to be called upon by the Queen herself to help protect Korvosa stay safe from the enemies at her gates.

Relationships: 1:

2:

3:

Last edited by MundayKnight; Jul 9th, 2024 at 07:44 AM.
Old Jul 4th, 2024, 10:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Woo, a totemist! Hopefully you finish in time~
Old Jul 5th, 2024, 12:46 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
DoesAOneSave DoesAOneSave DoesAOneSave
Yeah totemists are fun. A bit like Zan and Jayna from the old Superfriends cartoon except you know... actually useful.