RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 27th, 2024, 08:24 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1345
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Stench of Corruption

Game NameStench of Corruption
Game SystemMutants and Masterminds

ThemeHeroic, Saving the City, Fighting Corruption
FlavourAdventure, Anime, Mystery, Action

AtmosphereThe famous, exciting life of the Pacific West, where ocean waves crash upon a dotted pattern of surfers, ocean wildlife as diverse as the people on land. There are the famed sandy beaches, Hollywood starlets gliding upon red carpets, and a population of hippies that inexplicably coexist with tech moguls. Then there is the gem of California, the hidden secret hidden by federally protected mountain ranges overlooking dry plains. A series of lava beds and volcanoes are renown to scientists as the Pacific Ocean's Ring of Fire.

Granton Valley is located in the Northeastern valleys of California. A land of hot springs, mud pits, lava tubes, and white-water rafting. The tiny town Sanctuary with only a population of 37 in 2020; became famous when the mineral wealth industry discovered an extraordinary metal deposit deep within federally protected lands. The material was discovered to be twice the strength of steel, but the government lacked the technology and resources to extract the new element. In 2024, the federal government secretly contracted several mining corporations to extract the resources and provided mining permits. Soon after operations began, government agencies, banks, and supporting franchises swarmed the tiny town, building the community into what is now Granton Valley.

However, everything is not peachy in paradise. The few remaining residents of Sanctuary continue to resist the government's overreach on land grants to big corporations. Suburbanites disdain that small community for holding back progress, those who can't compete legally have achieved success by greasing the wheels of politicians at every level. Poverty doesn't define the criminal activity in Granton Valley and the stench of corruption has finally reached the rest of the nation.

The 2032 Presidential elections sparked heated debates with more vitrail than ever, but the elections achieved the first African American woman as President. President elect Miandra Alston's platform was tough on crime, reestablishing the original intent of the Constitution, Compassion for the needy, and Accountability of individual as well as corporate actions. The local elections introduced Mayor Peggy Mortan and Police Commissioner Anna Walker both speaking sternly on ridding the city of the filth that has smothered its law-abiding citizens that deserve better.

These three women are starting their positions off with a bang, announcing law enforcement programs and giving them unregulated powers, bound only by the Constitution to neutralize the criminal elements deemed too strong for mundane police to handle.

Senior Agent William James and lead hero recruiter Oceana Streams (DELEA) Department of Exceptionals Law Enforcement Agency) are seeking heroes to form and rebuild a defunct headquarters and begin cleaning the streets of Granton Valley.

Game InformationGame System; Mutants and Masterminds
Post Rate; x3/Week (If you want side quests let me know and threads will be made)
Number of Heroes; 4-6 (We have one already in)
Power Level 10 (150 Power Points) for creation
Thread Closes as soon as I get 6 Heroes. First come first served.
Start of Gaming Date; First post on the Main Gaming thread will be on 12 July.
NOTE; If you wish to pursue certain goals in game that include other players in game you MUST get that person's permission to be included.

ApplicantsApplicants
Civilian Name;
Hero Name;
Gender;
Nationality;
Languages spoken;
Planned Power Set:
Image;
Appearance
Personality
Background
Hobbies, Activities, and how Past times are spent.

Player Name Character Name Hero Name Powers
Anarchy - - -
Hotshot lasgun - - -
NostraDomus - - -
HexCursed Chandra Nolan Harmony Light, Healing, Social, and medical skills.
RedMoney Summer Meadows Druid Shape changer/Animal control
Togot Andrew Jones Shadow Shadow Manipulation
Acathala Tom Baxter Highlander telekinetic and hi tech mixture
Renjikuchiki1 - - -

Those notified can now go to the character creation thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	City 2.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	103450  

Last edited by Cardassian; Jun 30th, 2024 at 08:12 AM.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 10:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4504
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
can someone gimme the TLDR on character creation?

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Jun 27th, 2024 at 10:45 PM.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 10:54 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot lasgun View Post

Guess I was wrong on that one

Last edited by Cardassian; Jun 27th, 2024 at 11:06 PM.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 10:57 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10849
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot lasgun View Post
https://www.d20herosrd.com

Last edited by Acathala; Jun 27th, 2024 at 10:58 PM.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 11:08 PM
Sport-mode princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1044
HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed HexCursed
Letter of Intent
Hi Cardassian. I like the theme of fighting corruption, the somewhat rapid posting rate, and the setting details. I'm going to put together a character concept though I should state for the purpose of transparency that I'm not all that great with the ruleset. I'm also not very clear on Superheroes as a genre. I've mostly played D&D and a few other systems that involved more real-world themes. So, this is going to definitely be a learning opportunity to me. And actually playing / controlling a superhero is much more interesting to me than watching one on a screen. I may not be one of the first 6 to get an application in, but I'm going to hope and try.

It seems like we should also include our ideas for the character's powerset and abilities, yes?

Application details
right-aligned image

Civilian Name: Chandra Nolan
Hero Name: Harmony

Nationality: Irish-American
Languages spoken: English (primary), Gaelic (secondary), Spanish (tertiary)

Appearance: Chandie is a tall, slender woman who uses her natural beauty to enhance her ability to soothe and comfort others, not exploit or manipulate them. She was raised to believe that girls should be girls, so she dresses and styles herself as such but never for vanity sake. Propriety and self-respect are important to her and she never flaunts her looks or dresses immodestly. Likewise, her 'superhero outfit' is not skin-tight spandex or revealing but a sensible outfit of white and blue.

Personality: She takes after her father, Liam, who was always the more nurturing and emotionally-intelligent member of the household. He served in the army as a young man but became a social worker after being honorably discharged and cared for people and their welfare deeply. Ava, Chandra's mother, was an actress and model and was often on location in various places around the world. They met fairly late in life, so they were older than most parents. So Chandra grew up knowing that she would have to take care of them in their late years. Being an only child, that responsibility would fall to her alone. She accepted and relished her family role. Expanding that focus into a general career of taking care of others seemed natural. The most important aspects of her life have always been family, church, and community (in the grandest sense of the word). Her personal relationships have suffered as a result, as they have never been a priority to her. She has no close friends, just working relationships with other relief workers.

Background: Chandie was raised Irish Catholic. In this increasing secular world, her upbringing is quite unpopular and painted her as a bit of an outcast amongst her peers. Yet, she is committed to her faith and living life by her religious tenets. The exact origin and nature of her unusual abilities is something of a mystery but those who call her an angel... well, that's blasphemy. She felt her calling in life was in helping the less fortunate and planned to go to college to study medicine. First, she worked for a few years with an international crisis relief organization named The Hands of Saint Patrick. It was on assignment in Panama that her super-abilities first manifested.

Hobbies, activities, and past times: Fitness, reading the bible and medical sites, volunteer work, and cooking.

Superhero abilities: "Angel-like powers" including flight (angelic wings), healing, light creation, and "calming" people (a mental / emotional subdual afflication). Social and medical skills.

Last edited by HexCursed; Jun 28th, 2024 at 12:32 AM.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 11:15 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCursed View Post
[fieldset=Letter of Intent]
Hi Cardassian. I like the theme of fighting corruption, the somewhat rapid posting rate, and the setting details. I'm going to put together a character concept though I should state for the purpose of transparency that I'm not all that great with the ruleset. I'm also not very clear on Superheroes as a genre. I've mostly played D&D and a few other systems that involved more real-world themes. So, this is going to definitely be a learning opportunity to me. And actually playing / controlling a superhero is much more interesting to me than watching one on a screen.* I may not be one of the first 6 to get an application in, but I'm going to hope and try.

It seems like we should also include our ideas for the characters powerset, yes?
First six, you already made it just come up with a concept of what you want to do. It is no different then creating your favorite comic book hero (one you wished somebody would have created). After the 6 concepts, there is two weeks to actually work on the characters.

Last edited by Cardassian; Jun 28th, 2024 at 05:15 AM.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 11:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
alright, so personally im feeling a Rorschach type character with luck control

i imagine melody and Rorschach get along like oil and water. Rorschach believes that the way to better policing is to put the fear of law enforcement into them, make them reconsider if dying for some old ladys handbag is worth it

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Jun 28th, 2024 at 12:11 AM.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 10:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 376
NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus
This sounds pretty cool. I’m going to try to get an app in before I get beat out, lol!
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 11:12 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 160
RedMoney RedMoney
Applicant: RedMoney

Civilian Name; Summer Meadows (a made up identity)

Hero Name; Druid

Gender; Any, it's a tree.

Nationality; Chinese-American if you think about it.

Languages spoken; English

Planned Power Set: Shapechange/Size Change/Elasticity/Solar Regeneration/Plant Control

Image;

Appearance: In it's default form, Druid is a Weeping Willow tree, Salix babylonica.

Personality: Driven and focused to a fault, very stubborn and pushy but has a good heart. It wants radical change for the world, but wants to do it the right way. Druid is also a very convincing liar and actor, and able to take on a wide mantle of disguises.

Background: Born from a science experiment gone wrong, Druid is a weeping willow tree whose seed was genetically altered with the DNA from shapechanging mutants. The experiments by [evil X corp] resulting in these seeds did not yield results, but this particular seed made it into the wilds where it grew in an illegal chemical dumping site. The combination of mutant DNA, radiation, and bizarre chemicals in the ground were just the right cocktail to allow the seed to sprout into a mighty tree. As the tree grew tall it also became self aware, slowly able to grow organs such as eyes and ears, it began mimicking the animals around it until it gained enough control to turn itself into a creature that could move from it's spot. Watching human society from the fringes, it slowly learned speech and concepts such as identity and family.

At first, "Summer Meadows" was content to blend in with society and learn of humans. As Summer learned more, though, it became disgruntled with the way humans treated the environment. Summer joined organizations such as PETA, Greenpeace and other political organizations in order to try to combat pollution from a legal standpoint. Eventually, it took on the mantle of "Druid" and began disguising itself as a variety of people to infiltrate companies long enough to gather evidence and start whistleblowing on them.

It was not until Druid engaged in a terrible display of violence at a factory that was illegally dumping chemicals that the tree was noticed by an organization recruiting potential heroes.

--Rooting itself in tree form to sleep/regenerate/pollinate
--Fighting against looters and polluters
--Rewatching Captain Planet for inspiration
--Pushing a Green energy agenda
--Experimenting with various animal forms to see what shapes can do useful things

((On reading up on the M&M systems this concept might be too ambitious for the PL of the campaign, I will consider an alternative if I cannot make this one work))

Last edited by RedMoney; Jun 28th, 2024 at 12:38 PM.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 02:05 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9637
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Civilian Name; Andrew Jones
Hero Name; Darkness
Gender; Male
Nationality; Caucasian american
Languages spoken; English
Image;
right-aligned image

Appearance; Andrew is a very pale twenty-year-old man with short black hair. He always wears black and purple covered with a black trench coat. His face is usually solum or expressionless, and he rarely smiles. When he uses his powers, his eyes turn purple.

Personality; Andrew is an extreme introvert who rarely expresses any emotion. That’s not to say he doesn’t have feelings, he just keeps them inside. Due to this and his frightful appearance and powers, many mistake him for a villain, but nothing could be further from the truth. in actuality Andrew is a very compassionate and sensitive person. He is kind and gentle and goes out of his way to help others. Those who pay attention to his actions see this and know he is a good person.

Background; for twelve years, Andrew’s life was a good one. He had two loving parents, a strong older brother, and a little sister. Andrew was a happy, healthy middle-class kid, but all of that changed the day his brother developed the ability to set things create, and control fire. Bryan became a pyromaniac over night. he burned his little sister to death, and when his parents tried to stop him, he burned them as well. Andrew watched all of this frozen with fear. The event traumatized him causing him to withdraw into himself. It also awakened his won power to control his shadow and make it solid. He engulfed himself in darkness and fled, allowing him to survive Bryan’s rampage.

Andrew spent the next few years on the street learning to use his powers and struggling to survive. Eventually he got his life together now he makes a living fighting crime and taking their money.

Hobbies, Activities, and how Past times are spent. Volunteering at animal shelters. Origami, reading, taking care of his many pets.

Powers: Darkness can control his shadow and make it solid. Any shadow his shadow touches he can also control. His weakness is light and he is at his weakest in the noon day sun.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 02:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
ill discuss gun bunny

i do imagine gun bunny believes that if you rely on your powers too much, it's not a power it's a crutch. every man woman and child should be able to throw a punch, field-strip a gun, and swing a bat. i do think he'll be a little hard on darkness for being an introvert. if darkness puts his fists up and defends himself, then gun bunny will be a little more lax, not ragging him on reading, and generally let him be. of course, no defense means it continues until he defends himself in the prescribed way

if thats ok with you togot

backstory
**Early Life:**
Born into a broken home in a rundown neighborhood, Gun Bunny, whose real name is Jack Tanner, learned early that survival meant fighting for every scrap of food and drop of water. His parents were neglectful at best, outright abusive at worst. Jack didn't have the luxury of a formal education; instead, he honed his street smarts, navigating the urban jungle with a keen sense for danger and opportunity. He grew up lean and muscled, his body a testament to years of scrapping and scrounging. His eyes, always hungry, reflected his unyielding will to survive.

**Experimentation:**
When Jack was fifteen, his parents saw an opportunity to make quick money by selling him to a shadowy corporation. This corporation, a front for a clandestine military research project, sought to create the ultimate super soldier. Jack became their unwilling prototype. The experiments were grueling, pushing his body and mind to the brink. But instead of breaking him, the procedures enhanced his physical abilities and sharpened his instincts.

**Rebellion and Escape:**
Jack's newfound strength and resilience allowed him to turn the tables on his captors. One fateful night, he tore through the high-security complex like a whirlwind, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. He escaped into the night, forever changed by what he had endured.

**Military Service:**
With nowhere else to turn, Jack enlisted in the military. His unique abilities and ruthless efficiency quickly caught the attention of special operations recruiters. For years, he served in the shadows, completing missions that were too dangerous or morally ambiguous for regular soldiers. The military gave him a sense of purpose and a code to live by, even as it further hardened him.

**Return and Vigilante Justice:**
After his term in spec ops, Jack returned to civilian life, but he was a different person. The world seemed more corrupt and unjust than ever. With his skills and experience, he decided to take justice into his own hands. Adopting the moniker Gun Bunny, he began a relentless crusade against the guilty, believing that the only way to achieve true justice was to punish wrongdoers by any means necessary.

Gun Bunny operates in the shadows, his reputation as a ruthless vigilante growing with each mission. He’s driven by the belief that only through his actions can the innocent be protected and the guilty truly punished.

Last edited by Hotshot lasgun; Jun 30th, 2024 at 01:55 PM.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 02:59 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Claiming interest.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 06:37 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Applicant; Acathala

Civilian Name; Tom Baxter

Hero Name; Highlander

Gender; male

Nationality; Scottish

Languages spoken; all of them.

Planned Power Set: telekinetic and hi tech mixture.

Image;

Appearance Tom is a blond, blue eyed young adult. He smiles a lot, but it doesn’t always reach his eyes. Smartly dressed as his PA picks his clothes for him, though he does favour military style greatcoats, as part of his eccentric charm. Occasionally adds a brightly coloured scarf, to invoke a Tom Baker Doctor Who look.

As Highlander, he is clad in hi tech black, eyes glowing a dark purple. The helmet has a variety of sensory tools to help Tom investigate and also fight. The current suit is new, having been made with the mysterious metal of Granton.

Personality Tom is likely one of the most intelligent people on the planet. This doesn’t translate to people skills, and he often relies on his PA to deal with people in business.
Whilst he can be silly this does not translate to soft or weak. If you steal from him, hurt his employees or anyone he cares about, betray him in any way, Tom will come at you hard.
In comparison he’s kind and generous with his time and money, to whom who need it. He funds several large charities.

Whilst he is adept at science and technology, and designing new things, since he cracked nuclear fusion, Tom doesn’t think that there’s not much he can do to top that. So he’s been in a little bit of a slump there.

However Tom enjoys a good old superhero fight. He’s kind of a blood knight in that regard. Even a little concerned about how much he enjoys it.

Background Tom was born into a loving family. It was clear at a young age he was special. At age 13 he got his first university degree. At 16 he had funding to start his own tech firm. By age 18 he was a multi millionaire. By the age of twenty he cracked nuclear fusion, a safe form of nuclear power, and two years after that, he became a billionaire. Some time during cracking nuclear fusion, he met Lady Penelope Wells, whom would become his PA and people handler. He owns myriad tech firms with different spheres of interest.
The next life changing event came when terrorists invaded one of facilities owned by Tom. Torturing him to try and reveal his secrets. Realising he was not going to break, they switched to his staff, killing one. Screaming he throws the terrorists against the walls, putting them all in bodycasts. When the police came to arrest the terrorists, Penelope earned her pay by spinning his powers as actually an on-site experimental defence system. His secret was preserved.

He then spends a year in seclusion, honing his telekinesis, designing a suit to protect him. It’s the most fun he’s had in a long time. He then takes to the streets as an unnamed superhero. Solving crimes and beating up bad guys. Eventually he hears about the metal in Granton Valley and his curiosity is aroused. Buying out a mining company is not a problem for the Scottish billionaire. The metal is tested by his science, and Tom is impressed. He redesigned his suit to incorporate the metal. He’s also still testing the metal for other properties.

He’s tried to be a positive influence in the community, donating computers to the schools and libraries, as well as equipment for the local hospitals. He joins up on the hero team, as the AI villain interests him.

Scientific pursuits, particularly the metal from Granton Valley just now. Honing his skills. Reading. Designing devices for his own amusement.
If he ever socialises it’s with a small group of people, which usually includes Penelope. He does like to eat out now and again. Particularly fond of Thai food.

People
Lady Penelope Araminta Wells

An English aristocrat who is Tom’s PA and people handler. She genuinely admires his intellect and all he’s accomplished but, and this is crucially why Tom keeps her around, is not afraid to tell her boss her opinion when she thinks he’s wrong, and discreet not to do it in front of the staff. Penelope had talked him out of a few bad decisions. Particularly where people are concerned.
People often assume they’re married or at least in a long term relationship, but for now it’s just a close friendship.

Sheet

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_8f8f3d00-1113-4d78-ae77-75a38b5c282c.jpeg
Views:	204
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	103492   Click image for larger version

Name:	_a1d27364-3f57-431c-aa58-07c71ab073e8.jpeg
Views:	192
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	103493   Click image for larger version

Name:	_abae6117-9793-4474-a50b-f2ebeb8b56c3.jpeg
Views:	109
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	103643  

Last edited by Acathala; Jul 3rd, 2024 at 02:40 PM.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 07:43 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6478
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Good advertisement cool looking game have fun.
Old Jun 28th, 2024, 08:11 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
Good advertisement cool looking game have fun.
Thank You.