DnD35e [Forgotten Realms] The Sieging of Toril - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 21st, 2021, 05:06 PM
Clearly a Wild Animal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4902
Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism Schism
There's a build I've been wanting to get off the ground for a while. Either a Monk or Barbarian Binder, into Knight of the Sacred Seal, with one level of Crusader to give him tanking ability with stances.

The concept is a melee fighter who prays to ancestor spirits (barbarian) or accesses memories and skills from past lives (monk) and takes damage on the front line. I don't know enough about Faerun lore to make that work in the world, though.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 05:16 PM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10058
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Goliath
This has some information about Goliath in Faerun.

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Jul 21st, 2021 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 05:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2499
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Would you allow the Dread Necromancer Class?

Also, are there any restrictions/recommendations for Alignment?
Old Jul 21st, 2021, 08:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 516
btccg btccg btccg btccg btccg btccg
I know you have not listed BoED as a valid character creation source, but would you allow the alternate BoED level adjustment based on base race HD for half celestial template (which is from a valid character creation source)?
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 02:36 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10058
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Put up a good chunk of the character's backstory. I'll add more as it comes along, including edits and revisions.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 09:20 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul
@Schism- There is a PRC in the Tome of Battle that is all about being guided by ancestor spirits... The Eternal Blade; only issue is it is Humanoid (Elf) only.

Blade Magic exists on all continents of Faerun, but practitioners are few and far between. They are about as rare as warmages in lands that don't have colleges. While some fighters, barbarians, paladins, rogues, and rangers around the world may have a feat or two to give them a strike and/or a stance, actual Crusaders, Swordsages, and Warblades are regarded with a lot of respect. You can find crusaders championing their religious beliefs right along side any faith that sports paladins and/or blackguards. Swordsages work, train, and live in monasteries and as travellers of the world. Warblades are most often mercenaries for hire, leaders of front-line combat units, and personal body guards of the wealthy and noble-folk.

@triedtherest- YES! Reworked Dread Necromancer is allowed (linked version fixes all the problems with the class, IMHO) The only issue is if you plan on making a ton of low-hit die minions. Many bodies take time and rolls and a lot of text, so if you do go this route and want minions, try to keep them We can work together to figure out what minions you can have animated already when you start the adventurehigh-hitdice bodyguards, or leave the mooks at a base, home, fort, etc.

Also, any alignment is allowed, however if your character isn't going to work well as a teammate for this adventure, the divine inspiration/message/summons/etc. may not reach your character to even come join the party; IE make sure you can play well with others and not be a walking/talking conflict/contradiction.

@btccg- Just going with non-BoED stuff for character creation. There are Lesser Planetouched races available (like Lesser Aasimar, +0 LA) which give up their Outsider type for Humanoid, but still give decent bonuses, if that would interested you.

@SpatulaOdoom- thanks, keep it coming I don't see it linked to your other post, but I may just be blind.

@Seeker- also don't forget that Goliaths have +1 LA

Last edited by Nezkrul; Jul 22nd, 2021 at 11:09 PM.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 12:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I was going to lump a bunch of the mooks-undead together to form a Mob, which would basically treat them as one Creature (kind of like a Swarm for Creatures larger than Fine).

Also, thanks for the link, I'll have to give it a thorough look through.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 10:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3982
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I'm still here, was working on background, then I remember we needed to type on we came across them, so have to redo some of it. I finally wrote down the magical items my goliath would like, so will put them in the background.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 11:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 516
btccg btccg btccg btccg btccg btccg
Name: Talmor Gryffen
Race: Half-Celestial Human
Class: Half-Celestial 4 / Fighter 2 / Cleric 6
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Pelor
Group Affiliation: none

Character sheet still in progress

Last edited by btccg; Jul 25th, 2021 at 07:36 PM.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 01:37 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
BloodyMagpie
Posting interest if you don't mind someone new to the forum. Character concept is a Gold Dwarf Cleric/Divine Disciple of Gorm Gulthyn originally from one of the southern regions (like pretty much all Gold Dwarves are). Basic plot hook is my character's Thunder Twin was helping the Ironeater clan with the reclamation when the disaster started. Possibly my character was as well, if the disaster event was something they could have conceivably survived and escaped from (if not, then they were somewhere else on some other adventure/quest/task/mission when the Bad Stuff started).

Last edited by BloodyMagpie; Jul 23rd, 2021 at 01:39 AM.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 02:17 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@All- sounds good guys, keep me posted. Looks like we have a goliath dungeoncrasher, warmage, martial adept, half-celestial something, and a dwarven cleric getting worked on so far.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 06:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Cyrano Crow, Lord of Crowhaven
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Name: Cyrano Crow
Class: Dread Necromancer 12
Race: Human (Sword Coast)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Deity: Azuth

Appearance: A tall, gaunt (almost skeletal) middle aged man, with thinning hair that has just the faintest touch of grey, a well kept moustache, and an intense stare! Dresses in mostly-dark coloured refined (but not flashy/fancy) Nobleman's clothing.
Personality: As a person who is used to ordering people about, Cyrano can come off as being more than a little high handed, this is not even slightly misleading! He is a study in contrasts. He is a proud, arrogant, and supremely self-confident megalomaniac with an obsessive need to control others. At the same time, he genuinely seems to want the best for the Realms people, but that can only be accomplished by his rule (in his mind, at least!) This benefit is supposed to extend to anyone under his rule, provided they respect and obey him. He always holds his word and he refuses to fight defenceless opponents.

Trait: +1 Intimidate, -1 Bluff/DiplomacyAbrasive
Flaw -2 Constitution, Feat Gained: Tomb Tainted Soul (both cancel each other out if Cyrano makes it to 20th Level)Pathetic
History:

Last edited by triedtherest; Yesterday at 01:25 PM.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 09:22 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 02:53 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Liltroll2
left-aligned image

NamePeeka
Class Rogue 1/Wizard 6/Spellwarp Sniper 5
RaceHuman
AlignChaotic Good
DeityOghma
Age37
AppearanceSee Photo
Sheethttps://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2492189
Biography
Family

Adventuring

Last edited by Liltroll2; Jul 25th, 2021 at 09:46 PM. Reason: adding more
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 11:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3982
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
app is done finally