Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Starship Troopers
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
What a weak roll, I hope the fact that I’ll catch the cadet flat footed will be enough for my attack to hit.

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 739
Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon
I personally wish I could walk in to hear that crackpot Cadet talking about how his flight school makes him king **** of the debate. Nick's got more than enough to eat that boy's flight school diploma and **** out better.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Alright... so what's our general Order of Battle look like... I get it that I'm in overall Company Command I would imagine, with a Platoon for each of the Sargents, plus my command section of Engineers? I'd like to get that general plan organized out so I can fully understand our order of battle and deployment scenario.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9876
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaplaffs
Each of you will respectively command a full unit of men.
That means 9-16 men each. Let's even that out to 12 men each plus the commander.

Here's how I see it.
If you're taking the support unit you should have the bulk of the medics and engineers. You'll wind up doing most of the civilian wrangling as well.
Finrod/Kiril's character, being the dedicated soldier, should probably lead the GP unit, with a mix of soldiers, a couple of heavy weapons guys, and a medic.
Give Stacks the a more mobile assault type unit, mostly soldiers with a couple of scouts and a medic. Stacks himself is probably better at engineer/demolitions/hacking than anyone short of your character anyway so he can cover that function for his own unit.

Since we're securing a "facility" we're probably doing most of our fighting in close confines, less need to worry about long range. We might want to be leery of using a ton of demolitions and other explosives Unless things go to crap and we have to evac the civilians we don't want to blow up the facility, just purge it of bugs. The fire traps are a good idea since they last for a bit and give some breathing space.

I'm not going to get too into detail but here's an overview of how I see Stacks unit looking.

Fire team Alpha: 4 soldiers
2 of them have M1 w-grenade rifle attachments
2 have M1 w-shotgun attachments.
Spread out is amongst the four is a modest number of M80's, some B&E equipment, and some food and water.

Fire team Beta: 3 soldiers 1 medic
2 soldiers armed with M1's w-grenade rifle attachment and spare ammo for the whole unit
1 has an M2
medic has his M1 and medical supplies.

Fire team Gamma: 4 scouts
2 scouts armed with precision rifles and sidearms, 2 with M1's and a modest number of M80's and some explosives.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Sure thing, Spatula. Just apply the template in the Information thread when making any changes in equipment, which I'm sure you've probably already done.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1027
Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs Cheaplaffs
Sorry for the wait, boys. I've got a string of night shifts coming up, so things may be dead until monday at least. Don't feel like the time is wasted, though. In the meantime I'll be developing story for everyone. See you all next week!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
So I guess this game is as dead as a doornail.

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!
Old 10-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I'm still watching the thread... I'm still game to play it... but I don't know what happened to everybody else.