RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Wrath of the Righteous
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 02-17-2014, 06:33 AM
unglued128's Avatar
unglued128 unglued128 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-18-2016
RPXP: 174
unglued128 unglued128
Posts: 607
Aravashnial nods as you each tell him your name and experience. He remains silent however either in thought or still taken aback by Horgus' comments. Anevia answers Amirmanda's question with a hesitant nod. "With some preparation or someone to lean against. That is another reason for me to guide Aravashnial. Though blind he could still hold me still for a few seconds." Horgus stays oddly quiet during the exchange either sated with his venomous remarks or assuaged by Ozwalds silver tongue.


Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 AM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is online now
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2019
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,108
Shin stares at Zarathos a moment, unsure how to respond or what to make of him. On the one hand he sounded like a nutjob, on the other, he did just rub Shin's ego and suggest a very favorable course of action. Speaking of which, he cannot help but smile approvingly at Anevia's answer. Even with a broken leg, she's a fighter. Oh be still my beating heart!

"OK, so me and the holy warrior up front, the wounded in the middle where they can be protected, and the casters protecting the back?" Shin says, picturing it in is head. He'd never done this kind of thing before, but it seemed good enough. "Let's get going if we're going, unless anyone has a reason to stay here?"

He was growing anxious with the desire to see his parents and make sure they were safe.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-17-2014, 02:22 PM
UltraBlackone's Avatar
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone is offline
Player, DM, Friend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 427
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone
Posts: 1,581
Nodding with Shin's words.

"I agree with Shin. We should make haste. I suggest we follow this east cavern wall. So I guess it now falls to you Amiranda on your promise of "something better" to help light our way."

Says Zarathos, already to get going, almost eagerly so. Still he watches to see where in the placement Amiranda finds herself. She had been quiet this whole time which made Zarathos wonder...
__________________
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Clalelisiat's Avatar
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat is offline
Warning: I'm weird.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-15-2018
RPXP: 186
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat
Posts: 699
Amiranda gives Zarathos a bland look. What was with this guy and putting words in her mouth? She made no promises. But instead of correcting him, she just huffs lightly as she Cast dancing lightsmumbles something unintelligible while making a quick movement with her hands as small I6spheres of light go forth in front of the party. She silently falls to the back of the group, only really looking out to see what the orbs shine line upon.
__________________
If you are Hungry, have a piece of your friend.

Last edited by Clalelisiat; 02-17-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-17-2014, 03:50 PM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-12-2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,227
Ozwald pipped up, "If you gentlemen would like, I could place this light on an object of your choosing rather than carrying it around myself. Regardless, I'll stay near the center. My disposition towards the magic of healing gravitates me towards a place where I can reach everybody the easiest."

Turning to Horgus, he spoke in a slightly quieter tone. "So Sir Horgus, since we'll be traveling together for a short time... and seeing as I'm new around here, why don't you tell me a bit more about yourself? I'm very interested in what it takes for one to become a successful man."

Oz's purpose was two-fold: Firstly, 1000 gold was no small amount, and while Oz wasn't a greedy man, he was no stranger to shamelessness. The second purpose was that, if Horgus mouth was busy talking about himself, it wouldn't have time to complain about the current situation.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 PM
unglued128's Avatar
unglued128 unglued128 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-18-2016
RPXP: 174
unglued128 unglued128
Posts: 607


Horgus Gwerm
left-aligned image
As Amiranda begins casting her spell Horgus answers Ozwalds question "Well it's no real secret that the Gwerm family money comes from land outside of Kenabres. In my time as family head i have seen the purchas of a number of mills, quarries, and mines which have brought my family considerable wealth. It is growing steadily under my careful hand." This seems to stir something in him and he shoots a glare at Aracashnial that the elf cannot see. "Though some have made my family's business appear more sinister than it is with their crack pot theories."


As the orbs of light appear and push back the darkness everyone is stunned to see a spider at the edge of the light. Apparently it is stunned as well. The light washing over it seems to make it freeze in place stopping whatever it was doing.

 
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is online now
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2019
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,108
"You're on the path to a broken jaw, rich man," Shin mumbles angrily to himself. He also shoots an annoyed glance at Ozwald. We finally got the guy to shut up, and you just had to get him going again.

He begins moving to the front with Zarathos, but at the sight of the monstrous creature, curses in surprise and G-6hurries to meet the threat with his
Dice Initiative:
d20+4 (7)+4 Total = 11
gun drawn.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-17-2014, 09:35 PM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-12-2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,227
As Shin glared backwards, Oz replied with nothing but a playful shrug.

At the sight of the creature, Ozwald let out a light-hearted chuckle, "Hah, perhaps we should ask this fine gentleman for directions?"

As he spoke, the cleric calmly removed his scarf from around his neck, prepared to use the deadly blades secretly interwoven within to strike if it was absolutely necessary. With a reassuring
Dice Diplomacy!:
1d20+6 (7)+6 Total = 13
smile, he briefly turned to the rich man. "Mr. Horgus, if I could be so bold as to kindly ask that you stand with the others? It would do wonders for ensuring your safety during this battle. I am required to heal should our warriors fall into trouble."

Ozwald didn't give the man time to say 'no' for an answer.
Dice Initiative:
1d20 4
Briskly moving forward, he I-4joined the others in preparation for combat.

Combat
Move Action: Draw Bladed Scarf
Move Action: Move

Last edited by InsaneFox; 02-17-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-17-2014, 10:15 PM
UltraBlackone's Avatar
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone is offline
Player, DM, Friend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 427
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone
Posts: 1,581
Paying little attention to the conversation behind him, as soon as the large spider can be seen he looks to Aravashnial and calls out.

"Aravashnial, large monstrous spider 60 feet off in the direction of Amiranda."

With that said, Zarathos draws his sling with a bullet already loaded as he
Dice Initiative:
d20+2 (13)+2 Total = 15
moves Move to I8in front of the others. Ready to protect the group and crush the threat but also preferring no to have to get too close to this creature if it could be helped.
__________________
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Clalelisiat's Avatar
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat is offline
Warning: I'm weird.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-15-2018
RPXP: 186
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat
Posts: 699
Amiranda
Dice Initiative:
d20 7
shivers seeing what she now knows is a spider. So she hadn't been seeing things. She steps forth to J6stand by Shin and pulls out her bow, notching it back with an arrow. "And it starts." She sighs.

CombatMoves to J6, readies bow with arrow.
__________________
If you are Hungry, have a piece of your friend.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-17-2014, 11:03 PM
unglued128's Avatar
unglued128 unglued128 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-18-2016
RPXP: 174
unglued128 unglued128
Posts: 607
Everyone moves up preparing for battle but the oddest thing happens. The spider stays right where it is, completely immobile. Right when its obvious the thing isn't going to move Horgus pipes up from the back. "Go ahead and ask it Ozwald, its not acting like a spider should."

 

OOCDMPerception checks if you please.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is online now
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2019
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,108
Shin slows down, H-8stopping as he comes up beside Zarathos. His gun is still drawn and aimed at the big nightmare, but he's ready action to shoot if it attackshesitant to fire.

"Shut up," he calls over his shoulder at Horgus, while he tries to puzzle out what to do. He didn't have bullets to spare, and gunshots were loud, but just walking up to the damned thing seemed pretty stupid.

"Hey magic girl, send those little floating lanterns over to it, see what happens. I don't want to waste ammo if I don't have to."
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; 02-17-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-18-2014, 12:17 AM
Clalelisiat's Avatar
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat is offline
Warning: I'm weird.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-15-2018
RPXP: 186
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat
Posts: 699
Amiranda gives him a flat look knowing that he was talking to her. She debated for a minute whether or not to just ignore him. She did long enough to
Dice perception:
d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
eye the spider and wonder what was wrong with it. After a brief moment, she move forward 20ftwilled them forward toward the spider.
__________________
If you are Hungry, have a piece of your friend.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:48 AM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-12-2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,227
Something was off, though Oz felt it best to
Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (19)+4 Total = 23
wait until Amiranda's light covered it.

Last edited by InsaneFox; 02-18-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM
UltraBlackone's Avatar
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone is offline
Player, DM, Friend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 427
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone
Posts: 1,581
Zarathos
Dice Perception check:
d20+2 (18)+2 Total = 20
sniffed at the air as a strange smell came rushing to him and declared to the rest of the group:

"I smell something rotting. I think the monster may already have it's meal. If not that then something else down here smells of the dead. Or rotten fruits but since I doubt this creature is hording bad apples, I'd say it's much more likely to be the former."

Zarathos kept his sling at the ready as he moved slowly I 12closer, trying to investigate.
__________________
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB