: +

Notices

Old 02-19-2014, 05:51 PM
Warning: I'm weird.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 186
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat
Amiranda grimaces at the lost arrow. Did Shin really have to shatter it? It might have been good for another kill. Shaking her head, sheJ8 heads back to the group. She gives Shin kind of a flat look as she puts away her bow. "We should move out." She looks over her shoulder at the dead things. That could have been much worse.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5436
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Shin blinks in surprise at the damage his bullet managed to do. Up to now he had only ever practiced on empty wine bottles and bits of trash. To see his work rip through flesh was a little unnerving.

Wow this thing is great against soft targets. Hate to see what it would do to a person.
Then Shin smiles. Can't wait to see what it does to that demon though.

Zarathos' comment causes Shin to burst out laughing. "Damn right! Let's see how tough that demon is after I blast him right in the eye with this bad boy, HA HA HA HA! Oh yea, I can't wait!"

He quickly goes about reloading the weapon in case trouble should show up again.

Last edited by Togot; 02-19-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Aeternis's Hat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Oz glanced over. It appears they didn't require any help, nor did they acquire any injuries to heal.

As Zara approached and asked his question, his answer was rather abrupt. "Here, hold this, tell me if you have any vision or momentary psychotic break or something."

With an
Dice Knowledge (Arcana):
1d20+7sch10 (7)+7 Total = 14
arcane twist, Ozwald cast a detect magic spell to confirm what he already knew about the scales.

The spellcaster proceeded to pick up the rest of the scales, one by one, to see if any of them had any interesting effects. Passing them to any of the other three CAPABLE individuals if they inquired.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:37 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
unglued128 unglued128

Horgus watches Ozwald slowly pick up the scales and examine each one. "Why would a dead dragon's scales give you psychotic break" Aravashnial simply states "Well maybe they have some of her power fused into them. You don't get to be a dragon of her age without a trick or two." Horgus looks at the elf with hate in his eyes and retorts "Why would a worshiper Iomeadae resort to booby trapping their own body. Think before you speak." The elf just sighs clearly not getting through to the man.

Last edited by unglued128; 02-19-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
"If it can make him go nuts, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU GIVING IT TO HIM!?" Shin says in disbelief. "Honestly, it's stupid enough to go wandering off picking up shiny things while we are being attacked, but then you hand some magic mumbojumbo to one of the fighters, and it make make him go nuts and attack us?"

Shin keeps his gun in hand and adds, "If he flips out on us, I'm shooting him first, and you second."
Old 02-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Aeternis's Hat

Tools
User Statistics
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
As Oz picked up each scale, he seemed to pause and stare blankly for a second before moving again. After each trance the cleric sat them down next to him while briefly stating what he believed they do. "Makes you levitate... Makes you shapeshift, I like that one... and this one," he continued, snapping out of the last trance, "Blesses a weapon with the power of the goddess Iomeadae. Since we'll be doing the fighting, I suggest we each pick one. Oh, and the first one was protection from cold or lightning. I'll let you three pick first."

Shin's complaints were an afterthought, he addressed the gunman after placing the last one on the ground. "It'll probably be fine. Also, you got attacked while I was wandering off picking up shiny things, there's a distinction."

Last edited by InsaneFox; 02-19-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
"Probably?" Shin says angrily. "Yeah I think I'll pass on going on your say so, given that you see no problem using us a guinea pigs despite our dire situation. Sides, I don't do magic." He turns his eyes back toward the spider,
Dice perception:
d20+2 (7)+2 Total = 9
checking to see if there were only the two maggots, gun at the ready.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Aeternis's Hat

Tools
User Statistics
So tense, Oz thought, reminding himself that this IS a rather heated situation and that his jokes aren't always appreciated. "Don't worry, I'm more than happy to use myself as a guinea pig."

With a smile, the robed young man picked up the scale that causes shapeshifting. "Terendelev... aid me." a phrase and a thought later, Oz immediately transformed into a larger, darker skinned version of himself.

"I really like this one." the much taller, much darker man said in a much lower voice.

Last edited by InsaneFox; 02-19-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Shin cringes at the unnatural change and shakes his head, looking away and mumbling, "Mom was right; spell casters are crazy."
Old 02-20-2014, 07:12 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat
Amiranda looks at Oz baffled. "May I see one Oz?" She asks stepping closer to Oz to get a better view of his scales. How odd. She wondered Why Shin didn't like them. They could be very handy. She could tell that her and Shin may not be the best of friends. He seemed to not like spell casters and didn't use her name.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Player, DM, Friend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 427
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone
Zarathos felt the power in the scale and set his back with the other three. As Oz played with his new form and the scale which granted it, Zarathos looked for the one that allowed him to bless his weapon. Picking it up he said to Oz and Amiranda:

"I'll hold on to this one that allows me to bless my weapons since I have a feeling I'll be making good use of it. At any rate we should be moving our group soon. I'd rather not stay and find what other things are down here waiting to make a mess of my chains. Oz, please get the others to follow me and Shin, no farther away then say 40 feet less we say otherwise. Amiranda, if you would be so kind as to continue guiding us with your lights."

Calling out to Shin as he started back toward the remains of the three creatures.

"Shin! You ready to get going, find a way out, and maybe blast some more monsters in half along the way?"
Old 02-20-2014, 03:42 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat
Amiranda nodds, happy that someone used her name. She takes a place in the middle after helping the elf to his feet and gathering the others together. Hopefully this wouldn't take too long.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:23 PM
Aeternis's Hat

Tools
User Statistics
Oz motions to the ones on the ground still in his larger form, "Take your pick, milady."

As the scale's power wore out, and Oz returned to his young blonde form, he placed the scale down next to the other two. "As I said, I'll let you three take your pick first."

At Zara's request, Oz made an awkward Mendevian salute and joked, "As you wish, my lord!"

Turning to the injured three, "All jokes aside, are you three able and ready to continue?"
Old 02-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
unglued128 unglued128
Anevia nods to Ozwalds question on hand firmly clasped to the elfs robe and the other holding her makeshift crutch. "Please try not to go to fast." The elf seems unsteady on his feet until he starts using his quarterstaff as a means to stay upright. Even after the healing he received blood has still managed to show through the makeshift bandage on his face. Horgus simply grunts in answer and makes a vague seeping motion forward with his hand. He adjusts his belt and makes sure the catch on his rapier is undone, even though he hasn't shown the slightest inclination towards fighting.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Shin gives Zarathos an eager grin and holds up his pistol. "Damn right I am."

To Anevia, his smile wavers, showing concern. He catches himself, and smiles in a lesser, more reassuring way and says, "Don't worry, I'm not that impatient. If you two need us to stop or slow down, just say so."