RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Wrath of the Righteous
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 AM
unglued128's Avatar
unglued128 unglued128 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-18-2016
RPXP: 174
unglued128 unglued128
Posts: 607
Shin moves away before begining to reload his trusty pistol as both Ozwald and Amiranda Move forward to assist Zarathos. They both swing and miss but it is the spiked chain that once again finds its target. As the Creature is busy dodge the two pronged assault the chain slides in from above stilling the creatures erratic movements. After a few seconds it is clear that it too will move no more and the only sound is of the groups collective sigh of relief.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:10 AM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-12-2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,227
"Well, that was exciting." Oz said as his double dissipated in a puff of shadow. "Do me a favor and make sure they're dead and I'll attempt to heal all of your wounds. Sadly, I'm not skilled enough to select my targets with this, as-of-yet."

When everything was suitable, Ozwald then pretended to mask his channeling as an arcane spell, and sent another wave of healing over the group.

ActionsWaiting until somebody makes sure they're dead before channeling, or at least until everybody has responded.
Dice False Arcanist:
1d20+7sch12 (16)+7 Total = 23

Dice Channel Energy!:
1d6 2

Last edited by InsaneFox; 03-04-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-16-2019
RPXP: 5336
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,129
Looking down at the bloody wound on his leg, Shin grits his teeth in anger. So many things had been going wrong today, and now this?

"You maggot ridden pustule sucking SACK OF EXCITEMENT!" He yells as he begins kicking the corpse of the large insect over and over, venting his frustrations. When he's done he stands quietly for a moment, catching his breath and feeling slightly embarrassed t his outburst. He shakes his head with a bitter smile and says, "It's funny; I always thought roaches that big only lived in mansions."

He flashes an accusing glance at Horgus before
Dice heal check:
d20+2 (9)+2 Total = 11
binding his wound as best he can.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-04-2014, 04:47 PM
UltraBlackone's Avatar
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone is offline
Player, DM, Friend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 427
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone
Posts: 1,581
Zarathos checks on the roach not being kicked over and over while finishing calling back the details of all going on and seen to Aravahnial. After he does so his eyes fall back over this group. It would seem they would have to travel together for some time at this rate and Zarathos wanted to know more of these people. Always normally being on his own, these people would be the closest thing to friends Zarathos ever really had. Still, he could not help but wonder about them.

Zarathos started looking over the group and wondering which would be the hardest person here to get close with. It took only a moment before his eye caught Horgus. Starting with him, Zarathos became determined to know more of these travelers.

Zarathos walked over to Horgus and spoke plainly, hopefully keeping Horgus's mind from the clear insults of Shin.

"Seeing how we all seem to be going the same way and seeing as we seem to be getting into more and more fights, I think I'll throw my lot in with Oz and take you up on your offer of 1,000 gold for seeing you get out of here safely. Seeing how that kinda means I'm going to be working for you I'd like to know a little more about you
Dice Diplomacy check:
d20+2 (16)+2 Total = 18
if I may. It would help me to better protect you if I knew your area of expertise at the very least."
__________________
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Clalelisiat's Avatar
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat is offline
Warning: I'm weird.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-15-2018
RPXP: 186
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat
Posts: 699
Airanda rolls her eyes and refreshes her dancing lights spell. They may be down here a while yet. She leaves her sword out but taps her hand against her small collection of cave goods. Hopefully she might be able to return them to their owner. Amiranda doesn't bother talking to the others, but watches them curiously. They just seemed like such an odd group.
__________________
If you are Hungry, have a piece of your friend.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-04-2014, 06:28 PM
unglued128's Avatar
unglued128 unglued128 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-18-2016
RPXP: 174
unglued128 unglued128
Posts: 607
Horgus smiles at Zarathos and nods pausing for a moment to compose his thoughts into something coherent before continuing. "The majority of my skills are more useful in negotiation and bartering then anything to do with combat. I have had some training with the rapier, but the last few years have been to busy to have sparing sessions. If i had to pick my most useful skill in this situation it would be knowledge. I have been trained from a young age to have knowledge in many subjects that have proven useful in my business ventures." He pauses for a moment to catch his breath or to contemplate something your unsure of which. "Tell you what big Z if you want me to evaluate something or barter for something when we get to the surface, I'm your man. If you don't mind I'll leave the fighting to those that have more practical experience. If any of the rest of you want to get in on the deal the offer stands until we reach the surface. I am a man of my word, Aravashnial can vouch for me on that fact."

There is a moment of stunned silence as the group processes the almost compliment from Horgus. The man continues to smile as he slowly looks around the group for any other takers. Finally Aravashnial breaks the silence by clearing his throat and saying. "Someone should give the camp a once over. The previous occupant may have left something useful that the roaches didn't get to."

OOCDMFor getting Horgus to friendly the party is awarded 200 xp. I will also update his character blerb to show what you have learned about him. For defeating the cockroaches the party is awarded 400 xp. I will also update the character thread to show the new total xp.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 03-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-16-2019
RPXP: 5336
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,129
Shin glares at Horgus again, shaking his head with disgust at the man's massaging of his own ego. Sure you'll leave the fighting to others while making pretty promises. Gods forbid you risk your own neck you disgusting waste.

To take his mind off of how much he'd like to use the money bag for target practice, Shin has a
Dice perception:
d20+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
look at the camp, wondering what became of its occupant.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:00 PM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-12-2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,227
While Big Z was off talking to Horgus, Oz took the opportunity in
Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
joining Shin while he surveyed the camp. With a smile, and in a quiet voice, as so the others (specifically Horgus) could not hear, the young cleric confided, "It is clear you despise the man... but protecting three is not much different than protecting two at this point. Besides, everybody has their uses, even him..." he continued, as his gentle smile formed into a sly grin, "... if nothing else, we might as well get paid generously to do something that we were likely to do anyway. Gunpowder surely isn't cheap, after-all; and I, for one, have no qualms about taking money from the rich."

Last edited by InsaneFox; 03-04-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:26 PM
Clalelisiat's Avatar
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat is offline
Warning: I'm weird.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-15-2018
RPXP: 186
Clalelisiat Clalelisiat
Posts: 699
Amiranda
Dice perseption:
d20+2 (1)+2 Total = 3
looks round the camp, not quite sure what what she was looking for. She just guessed that perhaps she'd find something. All she saw was a campsite though. Amiranda gets a what she hopes is a good idea. If anyone, maybe she could be friendly with the other girl in the group. The elf would be nice but it might be more awkward then anything. Amiranda walks over to Anevia and tries to smile but it looks kind of awkward. She fidgets with her fingers a bit before looking her in the eye. "I don't suppose you have eagle eyes? Would be able to help us search?" She asks kind of quietly. "I could move the lights around to help you if you need?"
__________________
If you are Hungry, have a piece of your friend.

Last edited by Clalelisiat; 03-04-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-16-2019
RPXP: 5336
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,129
"I make my own powder," Shin says flatly, "And I don't need nothing from the likes uh him. He can keep his filthy money."

Though he spoke with the magi man, Shin's mind was on his gun. He'd never fired it in a fight before, and now several flaws were obvious to him. It took too long to reload for one thing. He'd always assumed one shot would be all he needed, but it seemed that was not the case. Maybe he should carry two guns? More? No, that would be impractical. The problem was with the design. It was an engineering issue. He just needed to design it better, make it easier to reload...or get better at doing it quickly.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 PM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-12-2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,227
"All money is filthy, Shin." Ozwald said, shrugging as he continued to glance around, "... I'm just saying, 1000 gold coins out of his pocket and applied in the right direction can do a LOT of good."

With that, he though it best to give the gunman a bit of space, and started slowly moving to the other side of the camp.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-16-2019
RPXP: 5336
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,129
Shin shoots Ozwald an angry glare at his remark as the healer walks away. "My folks earn every coin they get with honest work, and who are you to talk, fancy pants?"
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:59 PM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-12-2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,227
Ozwald turned back towards the angry Shin, "Yes, but who's to say that the money that falls into your parent's hands has not been dirty at some point along its journey? An honest coin is respectable, but when you hold it up against a coin earned smartly, they both shine the same. Besides... nobody's asking you to lie, steal, or murder; just that, if we're all stuck in this hole together, we might as well partake in jolly cooperation."
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 03-04-2014, 08:02 PM
UltraBlackone's Avatar
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone is offline
Player, DM, Friend
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-22-2018
RPXP: 427
UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone UltraBlackone
Posts: 1,581
Zarathos found Horgus's new attitude much more agreeable. With a smile at offer of Horgus's assistance in what areas he could Zarathos nods.

"I would be most grateful for any information or business we could do once we get back to the surface. After all, knowledge can be as powerful as any blade."

Looking over to the others as they scramble among the camp, Zarathos politely excuses himself from the conversation to help the others
Dice Perception:
d20+2 (10)+2 Total = 12
look around the camp.
__________________
Do you read Sutter Cane?
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 03-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-16-2019
RPXP: 5336
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 6,129
"No, you're asking me to throw away my dignity and gobble up the scraps that scum tosses me. My self respect is worth more than a few shinny bits of metal."
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB