Old Aug 18th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21
Ivellius
From the phb 3e
Quote:
A deafened character, in addition to the obvious effects, suffers a Œ4 penalty on initiative and a 20% chance to miscast and lose any spell with a verbal (V) component that he tries to cast.
The DUNGEON MASTER™s Guide has more details on the effects of blindness and deafness.
the Sage

Last edited by Ivellius; Aug 18th, 2004 at 04:21 PM.
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ivellius
from dmg 3.5 pg 300
Quote:
Deafened: A deafened character cannot hear. She takes a -4 penalty on initiative checks, automaticaly fails Listen checks, and has a 20% chanse of spell failure when casting spells with verbal components.
Characters who remain deafened for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbaks and can overcome some of them ( DM's discretion )
the Sage
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
um104
ty for answering so fast, more questions tho, im afraid:
1) y wus it disabled?!?! IS THIS WORLD UNHOLY!!! HAVE THE GODS STRICKEN US WITH THEIR MIGHTY FURRY?!?! or is it just some technical prob?
2)um... wait, dont tell me... i can figure it out... AH yes, now i remember my question: i have playd dnd for sum time, and i come here to find that ALCHEMY is taken out... is that part of 3.5e? also, wut the heck are psionic ppl and such? forgive my lack of knowledge, but i have a 3e players hand book, and a 3e dungeon masters guide (Im a dm in real life, but not a full blown 1) and a 3.5e monsters manual, so im like in the 3.25e place... lol reminds me of wolfwood... hehehe
edit:
3) wut r roleplayin xp things? like the little green box in the persons profile/name rectangle?

Last edited by um104; Aug 18th, 2004 at 04:49 PM.
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ivellius
1) All the newbies used it, and some senior members, so the mail system was overloaded. So it was disabled. Use the "subscribe" options and "search"->"new posts". Most of us do that. I think.
2) You found it out wrong. It's still there. And in 3.5e.
3) Look here and here.

the Sage
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 10:39 PM

Tools
User Statistics
MadElves
Hullo,

I have known DND for quite some time but just got around to play it recently (no players then). I have played it CRPG style but it's not as fun as the actual one and u don't have to worry about a lot of things.... I have a couple of characters tho from 3rd but no real experience playing (just making it)

Now I've been in a session and playing a Sorcerer.... what I want to ask is if I want to discuss it where would I put it? what forum?
also are u allowed to ask help for character development?

thx
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ivellius
If you want to discuss your Sorcerer, post in General Discussion. If you want to find yourself a game to play, read my answers in this thread, and you should be able to find what you need to know. And yes, you are allowed to ask anything, unless it offends someone. And you can ask me about char creation.
the Sage
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 11:49 AM
liasoc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP:
listen, i dont like chat speak so, what dose occ stand for
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 11:52 AM
liasoc

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP:
also, whats the best way to ask a dm if I can use a new race
ex. p.s. stats for dromite +2 cha, -3 str and wis, +3 natural armor, +2 on spot and search checks... they are from the extended psionics hand book
is that good?
To ask a DM, pm him or post in his thread.
About the race... I don't like psionics and I don't have the book. So the best way to get the people's opinions, post in general discussion.

the Sage

Last edited by Ivellius; Aug 19th, 2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ivellius
Quote:
Originally Posted by liasoc
listen, i dont like chat speak so, what dose occ stand for
Out Of Character ( when you want to say something out of game )

the Sage
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
um104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivellius
Use the "subscribe" options and "search"->"new posts". Most of us do that. I think.
where is subscribe? and i tryed the search- new posts, but i came up with like 40+ pages of forums.
Quote:
2) You found it out wrong. It's still there. And in 3.5e.
i cant find it in the skills section of the the char sheet, its just appraise, then balance, and im like WAT!!!!! plz help me... Should i just add it myself?
Quote:
3) Look here and here.
ty

Last edited by um104; Aug 19th, 2004 at 01:21 PM.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ivellius
The subscription is in "my account" -> "subscriptions". Explore my account a bit.
I meant "view threads" -> "new threads". Sorry.
Add it yourself.
Anytime...

the Sage
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
um104
thanx for answerin fast, but as usual, i go another Q:
how come all ads are made by admins? i mean, arent u supposed to PM the dm that u wanna join, instead of putting it in the add? and after you clarify things out, such as make ur character by the dm's rules, and so forth, where is the actual game? the forems of the game? its so confusing... OH! and PMing... where is it?
ty ty ty ty ty
edit:
when some1 ad's for a game, where do u see the breid discription?
altho i might be askin many many questions, think about all the newbie's that might wanna nkow the same question that ur helping.

Last edited by um104; Aug 19th, 2004 at 01:41 PM.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ivellius
1) Whenever a geme is made, abmin creates a advertisement thread in it. It is a "must have" thread so it is automaticaly created.
2) It is better to post, PM is a bit private thing.
3) Ask the DM about the actual location of the game. It is a thread somewhere. DM will answer you.
4) On top of the page, you'll see some links like "dungeons and dragons online > anouncements.... There click on the name of the game. You'll see all the threads in that game, and one should be description.

the Sage
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
um104
um... wut are psionics? or psion warriors, or psion anything? alot of ppl are talkin bout it, and its apperantly a really kewl race/class/prestige class/wuteve it is, and i wanna be part of the action. so can u give me a site/discription of wut psions or wuteve are?
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Go for the eyes Boo!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25
Aconite
Quoted from http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.a...nd/dx20010309c
Quote:
Adventurers speak of a rare breed of heroes who can bend the laws of nature to their bidding through sheer force of will. This mental manipulation is not magical, nor is it the stuff of superstitious gossip. It is the art of psionics. . . .

You knew there had to be more. And you were right.

Welcome to the marvel of the mind.

What Is Psionics?

Simply put, psionics is the art of tapping the mind’s potential. A psionic character is blessed with a form of innate ability that enables him or her to use mental power to achieve goals or perform tasks that nonpsionic characters can accomplish -- if they’re even capable of doing them at all -- only by using gross physical skills such as brute strength or raw agility, or by using intellect or force of will as distinct from the natural power of the mind itself.

Your character’s mind is an infinite metaphorical plane, on which all things are possible. It may be that all characters have within them the potential for harnessing the energy of the mind, but only those who succeed in tapping into that potential can become psionic characters. A psionic character knows how to navigate the mental pathways that lead to amazing edifices of thought and energy. Knowing the path, the psionic character walks it. Like a flare thrown off a star, a psionic power is manifested from the psionic character’s energy of consciousness.
More information can be found by purchasing the Psionics Handbook.
Closed Thread