Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2018, 04:34 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Amy was given yet another reason to mistrust Lily. That lunatic had no place in this group. The Paladin watched approvingly as Berry took over the interrogation. He wouldn't take any nonsense from either the skull woman or her captive. Amy, meanwhile continued to comfort Araceli. She would hold and reassure the other woman for however long it took.
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Aftermath
left-aligned image
Tahira
Two worlds, one worlds. Two selves, one self. Living, dead. And suddenly it all coalesces. Tahira stumbles and is kept upright only by grabbing on to Amy's shoulder.

Before anyone could respond she spoke, "I have been walking as if in a dream for days. Half of me walked in the land of the living-I spoke and I saw but I could not hear. Half of me walked in the land of the dead- I heard but I could not see nor speak. It is as if I have just now awoken."

At Amy's worried look she said,"The martyr Evelyn works in mysterious ways. I am fine- yes, truly."

OOC

Last edited by Landsknechts; Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Now Amy had two people clinging to her. She shifted her body, to better support both Araceli and Tahira. Her priestess' sudden weakness came as quite a shock. And her words were hard to comprehend. Walking in a dream for days? Amy had (as always) been keeping careful watch over Tahira. She'd noticed nothing unusual. Had such a powerful spiritual event really escaped her notice? Apparently so. She didn't really know what to say.

"...G-Glad to hear it, priestess."

Evelyn did indeed work in mysterious ways. Tahira communed with the divine on a level that Amy could never hope to reach.
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1691
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie

Creepy

As Berry places a sword to Nheisin's throat and then demand that she leave it up to him, Creepy suddenly turns towards Berry, her eyes burning with....something. In a low growling, voice, she hisses at him in a slow deliberate way.

"How dare you inter fear with internal affairs. Enough chat? I was about to get information out of him, willingly...but now.... And now that you have pointed a weapon at Nheisin and threatened him...any chance of getting ANYTHING is probably gone. How dare you butt in like that. All you had to do was leave me alone. And no...I will NOT leave the so called prisoner with you. No wonder people are joining the Couriers....Church bully!"

With her eyes still locked on Berry, Lily address Nheisin.

"Sorry about this Nheisin. I hope we can continue our talk...with out that blade at your throat. You know how Church members are." She lets out a snort.
Old Jun 9th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Aftermath
left-aligned image
Tahira
Feeling much better she lets fo of Amelia. Turning to the lady complaining about Berry, "You do realize that Berry is neither clergy nor a member of the Knights of the Shield. He isn't even a novitiate. So to call him a Church bully is to defame the Church."

Smiling at Berry, "Having said that- how about you lower the dagger and let this young lady have a conversation."

OOC

[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 02:40 AM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1906
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
left-aligned image
Berry calmly watched the dark priestess during her tirade, markedly unimpressed. He nodded agreement as the other priestess corrected the girl, adding, "Quite true. My services to the church are at the request of my master. And it's hardly 'bullying' to detain someone who has helped murder innocent people in cold blood, as well as slain one of our own group."

Nodding to Tahira, he dutifully lifted his sword away from the bandit. "As you wish, priestess," he said simply, sheathing the weapon. With a final glance at the girl with the skull, he added, "Know this: I shall 'dare' whatever is necessary for the protection of this group, or of innocents, and the success of the Priestess' mission, regardless of your objections." Having spoken more in the past few minutes than he had the entire month prior, he turned to see if there was any chance of reclaiming the druid's body for a proper burial.

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie

Creepy

Completely ignoring the group Creepy turns back towards Nheisin and lets out a loud sigh. Looking back down at him she suddenly smiles a huge smile again. Then she suddenly starts to giggle.

"Silly Church people. All the same! Now....Where were we?.....Oh yes..... About what happened to you and who is this 'something greater than yourself' that you work for? Sounds interesting! And of all the people that members of the Couriers you choose to come to me. Why?"

Creepy continues to smile down at Nheisin……..

Last edited by voodoozombie; Jun 10th, 2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14689
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Victory and a Prisoner
right-aligned image
All through the halfling's threats and the minor argument that ensued, Nheisin Dhenom kept the best straight face he could muster but the man couldn't quite hide the slight smirk that crossed his lips, or perhaps he wasn't trying to hide it at all.

When finally Lily had regained control of the interrogation, Nheisin's expression turned sad and hurt.

"I'm sure you know what happened to me. I wasn't the first of us to be taken. But what an eye opening experience! To make the market our base of operations and not even know what was taking place right below our very feet!"

At this point the man's gaze took in all those assembled before him. "How many dwarves have fled into Kersdinas for all these years, keeping the secret of why they abandoned their home to themselves. I wonder if any had known the truth if they would have done anything? There's a war going on down there. Been going on since Kersdinas was filled with orcs. To shrug the yoke of Rhyfel is nothing compared to my new purpose. Join us in the only fight that really matters. The fight against the Sea Mother."
Old Jun 11th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Creepy

Creepy raises an eyebrow. Still smiling she continues her conversation with Nheisin.

"I'm flattered that you have asked me to join you. But you haven't really answered my questions. How am I to give you an answer if you don't give me any details. You aren't convincing me at all."

She hesitates while the other eyebrow goes up.

"Who is Rhyfel? Is this who you are working for? Who is this Sea Mother? Why should I care about some war underground? And if this Rhyfel wins then what does he plan to do next? You keep saying that your eyes have been open and that you have a new purpose yet you haven't given me any detail about what your eyes have been opened to and what your new purpose is. What other purpose is there then helping David and freeing the people from the Church and it's oppression of them?"

One eyebrow suddenly lowers as she looks down at Nheisin.

Last edited by voodoozombie; Jun 11th, 2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old Jun 12th, 2018, 01:02 AM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1906
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
left-aligned image
Berry sighed, taking roost on a fallen beam and digging out the small wooden fox he'd been working on earlier. He studied it carefully, turning the small figurine over in his fingers with sadness in his eyes...he realized that he had just finished it last night. The druid had loved this carving, he recalled, though it had been far from his best work. Reaching out, he carefully set the fox on one of the beams, as close to a headstone as the unfortunate nature priest was ever going to have. Leaving it as a final gift for his departed friend, he searched around for a likely-sized chunk of wood from the rubble. Finding a broken piece of a support that was a nice size, he turned it over in his hand, noting the grain, weight, and feel. It was good wood...sturdy. Not sturdy enough to withstand an ogre's rage, perhaps. But solid enough for me to coax a little beauty out of such carnage.

Fishing out his whittling knife, he began sweeping the blade over the wood in broad strokes, sending curled slivers tumbling into a pile beneath his dangling feet, molding a workable shape out of the rough wood.

There's beauty and grace yet in this wood, he thought as he paused in his carving to light his pipe...the hedge witch was likely to be awhile at her rant against the Church. Perhaps I can release it.
right-aligned image

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive

Last edited by Andor; Jun 12th, 2018 at 01:07 AM.
Old Jun 12th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14689
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Victory and a Prisoner
right-aligned image
Nheisin furrowed his brow and continued, "You're not listening, Lily. The fight against the church, David's fight to free us from our servitude to the crown...its all pointless if the Sea Mother destroys us all. This isn't some war where land changes hands or new vows are sworn to conquering armies. She wants all who dwell above the water to die. It consumes her every thought and that idea has permeated into her children...the gilled ones."

Again, Nheisin took in the whole group as he continued, "Do you think I enjoy kidnapping people?! Its necessary to maintain our numbers as the gilled ones claim victims of their own. They sacrifice them you know. They say their leader has a giant claw. He rips them to shreds in the name of his wicked Mother. Ha. Usually that moniker holds a different connotation for you does it not?"

"Lily, perhaps we both can convince David to at least listen to my plea! He has proven unwilling to this point but I suspect he grows suspicious of that which dwells below him. He lives in the ruins of those who fled! The absence of the dwarves from this place is the best evidence I can present to strengthen my story. They were driven out and we foolishly filled the void expecting their fate not to befall us."

"I am at your mercy. If you will not come with me, then at least take me to David so that I may try to reason with him where our others envoys have failed."

ooc While we're concluding this interrogation, everyone may take 300xp and move to level 2!

Last edited by tomplum; Jun 12th, 2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2018, 04:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Creepy

Creepy's eyes narrow a little.

"You still haven't told me who you are working for. Who we is."

She glances around her and then looks back at Nheisin.

"It's up to the rest if they want to take you to David. I say yes but you did kill that nice couple who let us stay here for the night. I can't get past that. Members of the Couriers, killed for no reason. I don't think David will be happy. Not a good way to get on his good side."

Even though she is still smiling there is now something cold in her eyes.
Old Jun 14th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Queen of Pastries

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1639
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Araceli Naeva Hazesun
Araceli finally manages to stop shaking. Taking a deep breah she carefully gets out of Amy's embrace and takes a small step back, her eyes fixed on her hands whick are nervously playing with her ring.

The young mage is a bit embarrassed when she realizes what a mess she must be so it takes a moment of gathering herself before she's able to look into her savior's eyes. "I'm sorry", she manages to get out as she fumbles to brush some tangled strands of hair out of her face which is still covered in dirt and now nearly dried tears. "And thank you... for not leaving... without me", the girl stammers, now clutching onto her bag like someone who's drowning clings to a tree trunk.

She's looking a bit lost and out of place in between all the rubble and corpses surrounding them.

Old Jun 15th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Even after Araceli left Amy's arms, the Paladin continued to stay close. This poor girl was clearly far from okay. She'd need a lot of compassion and support before she could fully recover. When their eyes met, Amy's were filled with warmth.

"You have nothing to be sorry about. No part of this tragedy is your doing."

She cast a meaningful glance over at Nheisin. He and his comrades were to blame for all of this. They'd murdered an innocent couple; Crushed people beneath falling rubble; And traumatised a wonderful young woman. Judging his crimes was, of course, a matter for Priestess Tahira. But in the event of a death sentence, Amy would be more than happy to serve as executioner.

Last edited by Kaiya; Jun 15th, 2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old Jun 15th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Creepy

Creepy's smile gets even bigger.

"I think Nheisin should go before David and answer for his crimes against his people. And he wishes to talk to David. I was taking you there any way. You can see for your self that we don't tolerate crimes against the good people of the Couriers, matter who they are."

She hesitates and adds. "Naturally, you could just over ride my vote and do what ever you want with Nheisin. Of course the Church interfering in other peoples internal affairs would just reinforce the fact that the Church forces it's will on others. And I'm sure our membership will grow even more then it is now. It's your decision."

Still smiling, Creepy moves backwards away from Nheisin, keeping her eyes on him the entire time.

Last edited by voodoozombie; Jun 15th, 2018 at 07:50 PM.
Closed Thread