Game Thread Part I: To Domkol - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Apr 8th, 2018, 09:47 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 1691
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,880

Creepy

 


Still hugging the skull, Lily's eyebrows suddenly go up. She then starts to giggle.

"My plans? My organization? No plans. Not my organization.......Oh I see now....." She suddenly starts to laugh.

"I see. I'm just in charge of the fort here, make sure everything is running smoothly and that everyone gets their equal share of things. Everyone is equal here and no one hordes stuff. No serfs working the fields of a lord. No rich church or king oppressing the common folks. Everyone is welcome and everyone is equal. I also give aid to any Couriers who gets hurt."

Lily leans forwards slightly and rests her chin on top of skulls head. "If you want more details you can speak to my boss, David."

She suddenly smiles a huge smile. "Do you want to see David?"

Last edited by voodoozombie; Apr 8th, 2018 at 09:51 PM.
  #92  
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 1st, 2021
RPXP: 1906
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,328
left-aligned image
Berry just shook his head at the girl's antics. He had strong
Dice Insight:
d20+4 (11)+4 Total = 15
suspicions that the girl was testing them with her "psychopathic woman-child" routine, but the paladin had it covered. He was curious to see what kind of person this "David" was, though if the girl pulled out a teddy bear and introduced it as David, Berry suspected he might just shoot her.

He kept his attention outside, for the most part,
Dice Perception:
d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
checking for signs of ambush or disturbance.

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #93  
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
So, this woman was just an underling. What a relief. Still, even being in charge in charge of a fort seemed like a serious blunder. Why would any organisation trust someone like this with an administrative position? Amy was fast running out of patience for Lily's garish routine. Irritation gradually crept into her voice.

"If everyone here is equal, then how can you have a boss? I saw the people working outside. They're clearly following a structured, organised plan. There's a hierarchy here. Or are you saying that David has no more authority than a new recruit?"
  #94  
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 05:10 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 1691
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,880

Creepy

 


Lily slowly sits up, but continues to hug the skull. Looking Amelia in her eyes with her black, now unblinking eyes, Lily continues to smile. Yet this time her voice is flat and tone less.

"I under stand that someone from your church can't understand the concept of equality. And you feel the need to justify this by looking down at us and judging others with out first seeing first hand the people that you are keeping down, poor and subservient....."

Lily suddenly glances down at the skull and then looks back up. The smile fades, replaced with a pout on her lips and she lets out a sigh.

"Mother is right. I'm sorry. I shouldn't judge you like you judge us. The offer still stands. I will more then happy to show you around so you can see the good that the The Couriers of Life are doing for the poor and the common people."

She suddenly smiles again. "After the tour do you still want to meet David? He's lives within the old dwarven market of Khul Boldohr. I can send word that we are coming. I think you'll really like him!"

Her eyes start to dance with excitement as she starts to giggle.

Last edited by voodoozombie; Apr 9th, 2018 at 05:12 PM.
  #95  
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
"...Fine. Let's take a tour. And after that, we'll see what David has to say."

Amy was done feigning politeness. The Couriers' appointed representative was a complete joke. She was either playing around at the Church's expense, or genuinely deranged. Amy was sorely tempted to just storm out. But that would be dereliction of duty. She was obligated to learn as much as she could about the Couriers. Such knowledge could prove vital. So for the Church's sake, she'd tour this fort, and speak with its inhabitants. She was sure that good people resided here. The hopeful peasants probably bore no blame. It was their new leaders that Amy distrusted: Particular the giggling, skull cradling ones.

Last edited by Kaiya; Apr 9th, 2018 at 06:14 PM.
  #96  
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 07:19 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is online now
Queen of Pastries
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 1639
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 761
Araceli Naeva HazesunAraceli steps into the tent after Amy. On the way here she has already tried to take in as much of the camp as possible, interested in how this group operates. But this tent is something completly different, she didn't expect something like this. Same goes for the strange girl inside, who seems to talk to a human skull.

Fascinated by all of this she looks around this weird tent while the paladin talks to the female who introduces herself as Lily and appears to be the leader of this encampment. There seems to be some kind of tension between the two of them so the young mage is not really sure if she should join the conversation or not.

When Lily offers a tour through the camp Araceli's eyes go wide with excitement, especially at the mention of Khul Boldohr. She quickly glances towards Amy to she how the paladin would react but after she seems to approve the young mage finally steps forward. "A tour sounds amazing, I would be really interesting to see what you have build up here, it looks great." the red-haired girl smiles at the pale female in front of her. "And have you really been to Khul Boldohr? I have only read about it but it sounds like a fascinating place and I always wanted to see it myself. How much of the original structures are still there? It must have been a magificent marketpace in its prime so ..."

Realizing that she starts to trail off she looks the girl in front of her in the eyes with a apologizing smile and extends her hand. "I'm sorry, I tend to get lost in my thoughts sometimes. I'm Araceli, it's nicet to meet you..."

For a second she glances at the skull in Lily's arms, contemplating what she should do about it but then she bows her head a little towards the skull. "... and your mother."


  #97  
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 01:03 AM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 1691
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,880

Creepy

 


Looking at Araceli, Lily suddenly sits straight up and stops hugging the skull. Smiling a huge smile, she pats the skull on top of it head.

"It's nice to meet you Araceli. Me and mother like you."

Pulling out a large piece of dark red cloth, Lily wraps the skull in it. Reaching down to her side Lily pulls up a large net like pouch that's tied to her belt and places the skull in it. She then stands up.

"Shall we go on a tour of this wonderful place? I think you'll like. Then we go see David."

Reaching down she grabs the war hammer and hand axe. Once the weapons are attached to her belt, she slings her black shield on her back and holds the quarter staff like a walking cane.

Motioning towards the tent's opening, Lily says "Is there anything else before we go on the tour? If not, guests first!"

Last edited by voodoozombie; Apr 10th, 2018 at 02:11 AM.
  #98  
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 08:47 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 6th, 2021
RPXP: 14689
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,937
The Couriers of Life
left-aligned image
Tahira
Tahira rose and nodded to her companions her consent to the current plan of action. While she shared Araceli's intrigue into this rogue state being built mere days from Kersdinas she also shared Amy's distrust of the organization. The deciding factor was, of course, the fact that this leader figure, David, was in the old dwarven market. Where the party needed to go anyway. Might as well receive a guided tour to their destination anyway.

The group left the rapidly growing fort and headed east toward the mountains, looming ever closer. It would take until late the next day to reach the tunnel through the peaks that led to the market and their host, Lily, assured them that they would be able to spend the night in any number of farmhouses along the way.

As night approached, Lily picked out the closest structure and made a beeline for its inviting warmth and light. The occupants, a young couple, perhaps in their early twenties, seemed overjoyed to receive a visit from one of position in the Couriers.

With many thanks to the Lady Lily for choosing their home as her place to stay the night, the couple retreated to sleep in the barn, leaving the house to their guests.




Sitting around the central hearth, eating a porridge the resident couple had left for the party, Tahira requested additional information about Khul Boldohr from her odd host, Lily.

"We do not mean to interfere with your operations here. Our goal is to pass through the mountain to the coast which I am told lies at the other end of the road after it has passed under the peaks. What do you know of this path and will David grant us safe passage through?"
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #99  
Old Apr 10th, 2018, 08:51 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 1691
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,880

Creepy

 


Lily shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know if David will grant us safe passage."

She points down the path in the direction that they are heading. "The road goes straight, right into the mountain, where the market is carved into it. I guess being a trade road it will be sort of safe." She shrugs her shoulders again.

Lily suddenly looks at Araceli and smiles. "You are going to really like old market. Lots of cool carved buildings. Some even to straight up to the celling!" She raises up an arm as high as it can go.

She suddenly starts to giggle. "And guess what? One end of the road that leaves the market is caved in....who knows what's behind the those rocks! Could be anything!"

Last edited by voodoozombie; Apr 10th, 2018 at 08:52 PM.
  #100  
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 602
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 680
Amy kept up her guard during the journey. She could at least take comfort in having an easy path to her destination. Travelling with the Couriers was better than being repeatedly ambushed by bandits. Sinister objective or not, they didn't seem to be lying about making the roads safer. The locals certainly had a high opinion of their new protectors. When Lily needed to rest, she received a complimentary house in which to do so. The couple who offered it were ridiculously eager to please. Even priestesses didn't always receive so warm a welcome.

Had she perhaps misjudged the Couriers? Everything she'd seen so far seemed to corroborate their good intentions. Even so, their rapid expansion still worried her; As did the type of people they chose as representatives. The normally talkative Knight ate her porridge in silence. She had a lot to ponder.
  #101  
Old Apr 11th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 1st, 2021
RPXP: 1906
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,328
left-aligned image
Berry followed the group, keeping a bit of a distance, to keep safe watch. He managed to tune out the majority of the crazy girl's prattling, though he found it interesting that for all her proselytizing about her group's notions of "equality", she hadn't bothered offering to introduce the group to any of the laborers. The rhetoric changes, he observed, but the story stays the same.

As the group settled into their borrowed quarters, Berry quietly offered, "If it pleases you, Priestess, I'll take first watch."

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
  #102  
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 09:58 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 6th, 2021
RPXP: 14689
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,937
Attack on the Farmhouse The sun had barely set and the party just finished eating for the evening to settle into a somewhat uncomfortable night in the farmhouse. Their hostess had the entire group on edge but she was taking them toward their destination of Khul Boldohr. Berry hadn't gotten the words out of his mouth than voices could be heard from outside the structure.

"Six of 'em there were went into the house. Flush them out Veekug," a male voice said from just beyond the door.

A deep slurred retort came from outside followed by a loud thudding on the ground. "Come out little ones and see Veekug or I'll bring the roof down on your heads!"

A third, calmer voice followed, "Please do not make paste out of them like you did the couple in the barn. We need them alive."



ooc Enemies rolled a 13 for initiative. Please make your own rolls. Anyone equal or better than 13 may act first. Then enemies will act, then all PC's will go.

Discussion may still take place if you'd like to go that route and will be in conjunction with actions.


 


 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
  #103  
Old Apr 12th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 1st, 2021
RPXP: 1906
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,328
left-aligned image
Berry turned toward the voices outside, heading to a window. Debating between the cover of the building versus the freedom of movement of the outdoors, he opted for a compromise between the two. Securing his bow and equipment, Berry pushed open the window, slipping out and beginning to scale the building to reach the roof.

That's when he felt the board he was using to support himself give way...

Dice Initiative:
d20+3 (10)+3 Total = 13

Dice Acrobatics:
d20+3 (1)+3 Total = 4

Dice Stealth:
d20+5 (14)+5 Total = 19

 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive

Last edited by Andor; Apr 16th, 2018 at 01:17 PM.
  #104  
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Maskain's Avatar
Maskain Maskain is offline
It's probably a joke.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 6th, 2021
RPXP: 4413
Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain
Posts: 1,402
Huern Haive Amiliya'goule
right-aligned image

After many days of trance-like wandering, guided behind his companions by the swaying form of the Berry the fox, Huern snapped to consciousness. A miasma of sweat and dirt came to his nose immediately, the scent he'd been able to suppress in his druidic-state coming back to him. Not washing did that to people certainly. Though the half-elf was sure that it couldn't be too uncommon.

What really concerned him was the woad paint that delineated his spiritual forms being drained of life, splintered away with the days. His tattoo-like paint, chipped and near gone. Looking about to see where his bag was, the druid saw his allies staring toward the door and soon heard for himself why. "Please do not make paste out of them like you did the couple in the barn. We need them alive." A voice from out the door... the one he was closest to.

Backing away, Huern turned to Araceli concerned. "Are we under attack? Is there-" covering both eyes with his hand, the druid ended his thoughts abruptly. A headache stuck the elf with his sudden movement and speech, distracting him. Pacing across the doorway blind, the half-elf ended beside the learning mage. As he did so Huern placed a hand to her shoulder. "If there is a plan please bring it to light my friend. But speak it softly so the the outsider is deaf."

Hand still stuck to his eyes, the half-elf was unaware still of their guide, though it was possible he knew she would be there from the start. Visions were always funny like that.



OOCInitiative: 21

Action: Guidance cantrip to Amy (+1d4 to any check)
Movement: N11 -> L12

 
  #105  
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 10:56 PM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 6th, 2021
RPXP: 14689
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 8,937
The Farmhouse As no one seemed inclined to exit the structure to confront the enraged ogre, Veekug, he took it upon himself to try and force the issue. With a mighty swing he brought the tree trunk he carried right through the doorway and into the front wall. Without its support, the roof groaned and sagged mightily but held in place. The two humans who had been behind the ogre took the opportunity to fire crossbows bolts into the farmhouse. Through the dust and debris they missed their marks.

The third human stepped in behind them and called a pillar of radiant fire to descend from the roof onto Amy. She would have to be quick to avoid the searing flame.


 


 


 

__________________
I have taken the Oath.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB