Other [Hero System aka Champions] Learning Curve - Page 19 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-04-2020, 01:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
Panpiper Panpiper
The ONLY equipment pack I have in my Hero Designer that contains anything NOT meant for fantasy games is the equipment pack from Here There Be Monsters. I've spent half an hour scouring the Hero site trying to find a download source for other prefabs, to no avail. For lack of alternative, I've just given Dougan equipment from Here There Be Monsters. It should be close to whatever you are using already. The shotgun however is a multipower to reflect the different sort of shells that can be loaded.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3047
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panpiper View Post
The ONLY equipment pack I have in my Hero Designer that contains anything NOT meant for fantasy games is the equipment pack from Here There Be Monsters. I've spent half an hour scouring the Hero site trying to find a download source for other prefabs, to no avail. For lack of alternative, I've just given Dougan equipment from Here There Be Monsters. It should be close to whatever you are using already. The shotgun however is a multipower to reflect the different sort of shells that can be loaded.
Huh. Okay I will check it out and if there are substantial differences, substitute from Hero System equipment guide.

Maybe try the drivethrurpg site? It has better indexing and search to find what you're looking for?
Old 05-04-2020, 07:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Panpiper Panpiper
Yea, that worked, found "Gadgets And Gear Character Pack [for Hero Deisigner software]". Only $12,50!

Sigh... I've spent nearly $200. on hero system in the last few days, really feeling the urge to restraint right now.

Here's the latest build, including the Here There Be Monsters gear. Let me know if this is ok, or if I should blow the $12.50 anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dougan Macready.zip (38.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-04-2020, 10:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Yea, that worked, found "Gadgets And Gear Character Pack [for Hero Deisigner software]". Only $12,50!

Sigh... I've spent nearly $200. on hero system in the last few days, really feeling the urge to restraint right now.

Here's the latest build, including the Here There Be Monsters gear. Let me know if this is ok, or if I should blow the $12.50 anyway.

Oh my! I'm happy to support your playing in the game without you buying anything!

I will look at it. Also, I believe gadgets and gear is fifth edition, not sixth. The sixth edition title is much larger and more complete, with a more boring name, "Equipment Guide"
Old 05-17-2020, 07:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Yea, that worked, found "Gadgets And Gear Character Pack [for Hero Designer software]". Only $12,50!

Sigh... I've spent nearly $200. on the hero system in the last few days, really feeling the urge to restraint right now.

Okay! Sorry for the long wait! I looked at the character sheet, and I am good with it all...except the weapons. I put the 'standard' weapons character pack for your to browse through in Hero Designer for shotguns and body armor, please feel free to pick from it.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Panpiper Panpiper
Sorry. I'm more than a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I actually 'forgot' about Dougan. I am only now looking at the files you uploaded.

I am a bit bemused by them. The body armor level is WAY above the norm for the Here There Be Monsters level. Moreover am I really allowed to pick a full body suit of def 10+ armor? Technically the only people who would wear something like that in the real world would be bomb disposal technicians and then only for a very short period and likely with a van and support personnel to aid in the donning and removal of the protection. What guidelines would you define as reasonable here? The most I would personally think reasonable within a semi-realistic setting would be something like this:

https://safelifedefense.com/product/...le-armor-fras/

I would also note, though I suppose this is a rather superfluous technicality, those armor designs have the armors defined as being obvious 'accessible' foci! Worn armor is anything but accessible. Concealed armor is also 'in'obvious.

Onto the firearms, there are none of them giving the option for different sorts of ammo. Am I really expected to carry around two shotguns so as to have the option of using solid slugs or buckshot? If ever there was a cause to use a multipower in Hero, it would be to define shotguns. That's let alone this one, not coincidentally what Dougan would want to carry, as among other things, it is small enough to conceal under a trench coat.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/shotguns/ksg/

Note that shotgun carries a total of 15 rounds with two 7 round tubes and a selector switch, easily capable of slugs in one tube and shot in the other.

Last edited by Panpiper; 05-29-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 12:06 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 190
Espatier Espatier
BTW Awesome!
@Herofan for getting us all together!
Old 06-13-2020, 01:26 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 190
Espatier Espatier
@panpiper - Love your character being the glue, Love @Yori's character for her reactions, love the banter with everyone.

everyone is sizing up, I'm loving the trust issues from earlier.....
Old 06-28-2020, 02:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
This game is closed.

The monster hunting game is closed.