twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-26-2020, 01:15 PM
Cowboy Yokozuna

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard
Yeesh, too much competition (not a complaint), I'm gonna withdraw my app.

Good luck yall! If you want a cool idea for an NPC Jehdite Wizard, hit me up tho!
Old 06-26-2020, 02:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
DedUp DedUp
No problem DeepFriedWyzard. I'd love for you to PM your NPC idea though. It's good to have a stash of ideas and NPCs ready for future adventures or if the current one takes an unexpected turn.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:39 AM
Actually a Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 709
AlyssaTheLamb AlyssaTheLamb AlyssaTheLamb AlyssaTheLamb AlyssaTheLamb AlyssaTheLamb AlyssaTheLamb
Placeholder to both express interest and as a reminder to start brainstorming character ideas.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:06 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 371
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Don't mind me, just gonna add this placeholder here, I'll promise to deliver an app before the deadline's end.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Olivia V'lain
Race: Variant Human
Kingdom: Born in the Wergheist Kingdom
Class:Sorcerer (Divine Soul)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Background: Urchin
Traits: I hide my magical abilities as best as I can from people of a higher social ladder then me.
I feel anxious if I remain in one place for too long.
Ideal: Aspiration. I wish to prove that I'm worthy of a better life.
Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took me in and then suddenly abandoning me.
Flaw: I learned that trust is what led me to my lot in life, so I refuse to trust anyone other then my instincts. Trust is overrated anyways.

Description: At 5'4" and at 115 pounds, Olivia has a thin and delicate build compared to the average woman. With her refined looks one could easily mistake the girl for a noble if it weren't for her mundane attire; from her braided shoulder length auburn hair to her brown eyes that show a spark within, she's one that catches the eyes of any passerby that spots her. Olivia usually wears simple clothing that she considers comfortable and tavern-like; from her neck hangs an old star pendant and around her waist is a belt pouch that has a grizzled looking black mouse named Sir Maxeloff, a perpetually grumpy rodent of unknown age, residing in one of it's compartments.

Personality: Olivia is a frigid and disdainful youth who tries to hide her emotions as much as possible, as she believes that showing her vulnerabilities would only cause more problems for her. Olivia comes off as friendly to others that she considers beneficial but remains cautious and guarded towards her allies; as long as they do not cross her or get in her way she'll remain loyal for her own self-interest and protection. Olivia is also self-conscious whenever she uses her powers as she feels inadequate and a mistake, especially when a noble or someone of a higher authority is present. She dreams of one day living a wealthy and prosperous life without her past and magic as constant reminders of her lot in life.

Backstory: Unlike most urchins who tend to be abandoned due to being unwanted, orphaned, sickly or just being poor, Olivia was born a noble with all the privileges that comes with such a station. The V'lains are one of the most influential noble families in Wergheist, and since the Age of Strife their endeavors have greatly added to the kingdom's prosperity. What the Estosian kingdoms didn't know was that the V'lain family traces its lineage back to an ancestor who belonged to an extremist Jehdite tribe during the time of the Wyrmsreign. This tribe believed that the great dragons could release their souls from sin and the temptations of the Devil. To this end the tribe made a deal with one of the dragonlords who named them Blessed Souls and began his horrific experiments. Others of the Jehdite faith who discovered the bargain the tribe had made condemned them and labeled them as heretics for willingly allowing the dragonlord to defile their souls. During the Calamity, the Blessed Souls were slowly diminishing and the V'lain family decided to suddenly cut all ties with them, even killing off the more zealous family members. For along time, the V'lain family has been suppressing their powers and decided to kill off or defame any youths by making a deal with a highly skilled mage that focuses on divination. In exchange for rooting out children that exhibits magical powers, the Vlains would use their influence to make sure that the diviner and his descendants would secure a seat of the Vizier, a political advisor, to the current king of Wergheist. Olivia was the only child that had the potential of using her powers; the diviner was alerted and told her parents, who then began spreading false rumors of her being an illegitimate and cursed child. Olivia was soon kicked out of the streets for being a disgrace to the family name.

In her new life in the streets, she wasn't loved by anyone, not even fellow urchins due to her background and she hated the looks that other nobles gave her. Her only friend was a mouse she helped escape from a halfling vendor who was also priest of the Cult of Chernobog, for some reason the rodent was trapped in a cage, so Olivia rescued him from harm's way and they've been together ever since. At some point in her life, she met an armored magic-user named Areson Othume, a wandering knight and scholar of magics. With his experience in the arcane, he was able to see the spark of power in Olivia's eyes and decided to place her under his tutelage. He taught her ways to embrace and bring out the magical power sleeping within her and instructed her in its proper use. Olivia was suspicious of this stranger but over time, saw Areson as a father figure. When she first learned of what she had, she started to be resentful and ashamed of the powers she possessed because, unlike how Areson views it as a blessing, she believes that it was the reason that her parents disowned her. But over time, whenever she spends time with this wanderer she started to embrace her powers and forget how her parents abandoned her.

But her faith was shattered when one day he disappeared and she found herself alone again; this time it felt painful for her. That was the day that she decided to never again have any attachments to anyone and follow her own ideals. She set a goal to make a better life for herself, one without her past and powers weighing her down. So she started traveling around Gaia, plotting a new scheme to acquire wealth and find a way to get rid of her powers. Olivia doesn't know whether she will succeed in her aims or if her efforts will be in vain, but she is determined to achieve her goals nonetheless.

Last edited by GoombaJosh; 07-01-2020 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:29 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 371
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
My app is finish, feedback is much appreciated to improve writing.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:37 AM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
The Basics
right-aligned image

Name: Barduck Ninel

Race: Forest Gnome

Class: Wizard (School of Illusion)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Urchin

Trait: I ask a lot of questions

Ideal: The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down, change is the nature of things

Bond: I escaped my life of poverty by robbing an important person, and I’m wanted for it

Flaw: It’s not stealing if I need it more than someone else

The Good Stuff
Description:
Barduck is as gnomey as they come. Just breaking three feet tall. His blond hair rides unkempt atop his head and fails to cover his exceptionally long ears. If it wasn’t for his height many would mistake his face for an elves, with his quizzical light blue eyes. Though the loosely kept beard gives him away as something else. Oh, and the three feet tall thing.

Personality
To meet Barduck is to meet someone so happy in his own endeavors it quickly becomes an annoyance. He sees the opportunities life gives as blessing not to be squandered. Sometimes these opportunities are late night fireside conversations, and sometimes they are big piles of gold sitting on someone else's nightstand. Whatever they are Barduck relishes the chance to partake, even when it would be considered unwise or unnecessary. It’s this kind of thinking that’s kept him alive, though recently on the move.

Backstory:
Barduck was only eight when he woke up alone, from what the innkeeper told him his parent’s, Marissa and Ophel had packed up paid their dues and made their way out about an hour before he came down to the bar. She pointed him in the direction of the city gate and wished him luck as he darted off in search of his parents.

Hours of searching turned into a few days. And by the time those days had turned into twenty years Barduck was accustomed to stealing away into other peoples attics, sleeping short nights and practicing the spells his mother had taught him. These spells came in handy as he grew up. Though he couldn’t play an instrument he could appear to do so. So what if he couldn’t paint, he could pretend. Barduck learned that his imagination need not be restricted to his hands capabilities. These tricks of the mind kept him well fed and constantly running into the law.

Just around his forty-third birthday Barduck decided it was time to treat himself while bettering his abilities. So after night fell he found a small bookstore and broke in, stealing himself as many books as he could carry. He was only stopped when a flash of light lit the room and near the far stairs stood a tall figure screaming at the mess the gnome had created. Barduck darted out a broken window and disappeared into the night.

The trouble the gnome was in only made itself real when his wanted posters began popping up. Near perfect images of him strewn about taverns and notice boards across Verdenholdt. He was nearly caught a few times, and with his money no longer good at establishments Barduck realized this place was no longer a home. He began seeking some way out of the city that wouldn’t get him caught.

It was a small caravan that provided his out. They needed work done in Oakden, beginning a new chapter of their “guild”. Barduck was promised an easy escape from Verdenholdt in exchange for his help establishing their expansion project. It didn’t promise to be easy, but it did promise to be free from the closing grasp of the law and whomever Barduck had managed to agitate. He agreed and packed what little he had to meet with the guild and begin his departure.

Last edited by Wyrom; 07-02-2020 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:08 AM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2833
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Some nice world-building there. Posting interest.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:17 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Scot Thomas

Name: Aerwyn Naenti Elnyn
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric (Life Domain)
Personality: Perfectionist
Appearance: Soldier
Background: Artisan
Personality Traits: Haughty as a dwarf usually is
Ideal: strengthen bonds of community and civilization
Bond: aim to prove he is the best artisan
Flaw: Greed
Hometown:
Backstory: A scrimshaw, Aerwyn is a Cleric. Not necessarily a relative but close friend and acquaintance of the Clans.

One of the best carvers of fish bones Aerwyn's greed has made him greedy, haughty but generally a people's man. His life sustaining healing word is has healed many and goes without saying one of Moradins best.

Taking his show on the road, Aerwyn looks for adventure abound. Traveling South, looking for recidivism and communities who fringes on the broken hubris of defeatism, Naenti is often looked upon as a keeper of his word and often shows loyalty to his companions, friends and holders of his contracts for service.

Travelling with various oddities and assortments left him at a impass. Some not held to the fealty and lineage of Noble Gentry and heraldry, and blocked by a bandit gang of inoculus bugbears and goblins...Aerwyn met a fine cast or two of adventures passing through.

Sending word, his greed for mercenary work as a cleric and the life domain, the hill dwarves sharpened battle axe and carving knife for knuckle head trout has given him immeasurable prestige and honor, passing through small hamletts and ramshackle towns.

character sheetcharacter sheet pre-generated purchased at DM Guild website

[/fieldset][/QUOTE

Last edited by Scot Thomas; 07-01-2020 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DedUp DedUp
Welcome to the thread AlyssaTheLamb, Wyrom, Daendil, and Scot Thomas. Thanks for the apps and the interest.

@Wyrom - Just wanted to mention a minor point in your backstory. You mention that Barduck breaks into an artificers shop but artificers don't exist in this particular setting. Also magic items are not the kind of thing sold in shops. However perhaps Barduck managed to break into the home of a particularly careless wizard instead.

@Scot Thomas - I noticed your app takes place in the Forgotten Realms. This particular game takes place in my own homebrew world of Gaia. My second post has information on the world including dwarves, clerics and religion, and maps of the world to help you flesh out your character. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them or PM me directly and I will be happy to answer them.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:52 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Scot Thomas
I'm going to withdraw my application for the game. Best regards.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:56 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
Dae-WonName: Dae-Won
Race: "Wood" Elf (from the Azune clan)
Class: Fighter (Archer)
Background: Outlander
Traits:
"I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups."
"I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a hungry owlbear."
Ideal: "I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan."
Bond: "My family, clan, or tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me."
Also, "Balisha"
Flaw: "I am slow to trust members of other races, tribes, and societies."
Alignment: N
Description: Dae-Won is somewhat sturdier than what's typical of his more civilized elven cousins. That only makes him more handsome in human eyes, but at the same time a little bit barbaric for the refined elven taste. He stands a little bit taller than usual elven height, though still shorter than a typical human. All in all his build leans towards that of half-elves (minus facial hair). His skin is sun-tanned, his fingers are hardened from work and handling the bow. His eyes are deep brown. He keeps his long dark hair in a bun when in the savanna, but as his journey brought him more and more to the North he got into the habit of letting it free. He uses a headband instead to keep his hair from falling into his eyes when aiming his bow.
He prefers light sand-hued clothes - a habit he kept from his desert life. Soft leather boots, linen trousers and tunic, leather armor, a wide sash and hooded bright cloak make up his clothing. A quiver of arrows and his composite recurve bow are on his person or in the nearby most of the time.
Personality: Like most nomads around the world, he doesn't like to chat. He seldom speaks, but he always means what he says. Among the people of the plains words have weight and power and are not to be taken lightly. Honor means a lot to him. He understands that no one is good or bad. One has to do whatever one is capable of, and in the end there's only Gaia to judge.
Pictures: Mostly a mood illustration, Clothing and bow style (more or less), Better image of Balisha, Somewhat fitting image of Dae-Won
Back Story:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	elf_5.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	85607  

Last edited by Daendil; 07-03-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: added some more images
Old 07-02-2020, 07:05 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
Application should be ready. Any feedback is welcome.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DedUp DedUp
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED

Thanks to everyone who applied. I'll spend the next few days deciding who the players will be.