DnD5e Contagion: Find a cure before it's too late! - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 01:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1824
fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cricri View Post
Dear fromthe1980s
the settings looks great and I'd like to apply with a ranger character.
I hope I have properly filled the applications but in case I did missed something please let me know and I'll edit accordingly
App looks good. Nice RP of the battle scene.
DM for Desert of Desolation for 5e| DM for Contagion for 5e | Smoky, Tabaxi Bard in Curse of Strahd | Jean-Luc, Human Sorcerer in Dark Star Rising | No oaths, but if I start something I will see it through.

Last edited by fromthe1980s; 06-29-2020 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:36 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Don Cricri Don Cricri
Thanks! I did some edits to fix some spelling issues and I fine-tuned some sentences. I was a bit in a rush yesterday.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:00 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
HogwartsDragon HogwartsDragon
Hi! Just posting interest for now. I'll try and get my application done by tomorrow.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:08 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
HogwartsDragon HogwartsDragon
Application Character name: Aroo
Character sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=85468 (Not complete, but gives an idea of the character)
Ability scores: Standard array
Race and class: Kobold Druid (Circle of the Shepherd)
Level: 3
Alignment: Chaotic Good
right-aligned image

Appearance: Aroo is a little, red scaled Kobold, standing at about 2 and a half feet tall with bright yellow eyes with slitted pupils. As Kobolds go, there is nothing particularly stand out about his form. He looks like a small, wingless creature somewhere between a lizard and a dragon. He walks bipedal on digitigrade legs and has a thick tail that often shows off his emotion more than his facial expression does. However, he oddly tends to wear a cowl made of wolf fur with ears, and enjoys scurrying around on all fours as much as being bipedal.

He will often mimic animals with actions or sounds with a playful air like a child, that is, when he is not actually transformed into one of those creatures. He will also often use his wildshape when around new people, so they might accept his company more easily.

Background: Hermit
Backstory: When he was small, he was just one of at least a hundred in his clan. However, on the way back to the lair one night, he got separated and lost. Frightened by being alone, he attempted to acclimate himself with the first group of creatures that he came upon, which happened to be a pack of wolves. The pups didn’t seem to mind him too much and with some proper groveling, the mother let him hang around. Eventually, he became one of the pack while aiding in hunting by being able to make clever traps and keep them safe by outsmarting other predators.

They were always wary of humans who came to the woods, one however, had built a small cabin, but aside from that, he didn’t bother the wildlife much. Aroo was curious and kept coming close. He was caught one day, undoing the man’s traps, but, rather than kill the little monster outright, he saw the wolf pack come to protect Aroo and accepted that he belonged in the forest too. The man ended up teaching Aroo many things, even how to speak with spirit animals, and the trick of how to use nature’s magic to transform into other creatures. Eventually, Aroo would be sent out to do little missions for the man, things that generally were a help to the woods in which they lived. And then, the man got sick and Aroo very much wanted to help because he was part of the pack.

Magic item: Potion of Invisibility
Initiative: WIS

Prompt #2:

“Fire!”
Aroo jolted awake at the sharp sound and quickly snorted as the smoke filled his nostrils. He pushed off the blanket from the cot and rolled onto the floor. Crouching on all fours, he was somewhat below the thickest of the smoke and his tail lashed irritably. He scampered to the door and pressed his face down, peeking under the small gap between the floor and the door looking for the lapping of red flames. When his cheek got too hot, a good indicator that there was also fire below, but he hadn’t seen open flames at the door, he reached up to grab the knob and slip it open.

More ghastly smoke hit his senses causing him to reel a bit, eyes watering up making it hard to see. Whimpering a bit, he rubbed at his eyes and while he was trying to get himself in a better state to flee, he heard the cries of pups. Human ones, but pups of the pack all the same. He could also hear from below more sounds of panic and bustling movement. He crouched to the ground again and his tail whipped as he thought. Two things needed to be done; Ease the fire, and save the trapped. Living in the forest, he knew how fast fire spread, so that had to be first.

He sat up, using his hands in a motion that was taught to him, that which along with his muttered words and a drop of water from his waterskin and clouds began to form throughout the hallway, rain falling on the inside of the inn. There was still smoke, but the rain might, at least, clear a path down the steps and ease back some of the flames.

With the spell in action, he sprung forward knocking quickly on doors. “Come out! Come out! Where are you pups? Woof! Woof! Come!” At one door, his knock got a response of pattering feet. He drew back as the door knob was being pulled at but not opened, and then, “It’s stuck!”

Aroo huffed. See, this is why caves and tunnels were better than inns. No doors. “Back pup, back from the door.” He let his form, which was more than likely to frighten anyone he was trying to help anyway, fade away to become larger and shaggier, turning into the figure of a rather large and muscular dog. The rain was coming to a stop, and there wasn’t much time, so he threw himself against the door until the wood broke. Wide eyes of two halfling children, as small as would have been in his natural form, watched the animal crawl his way through a hole he’s made. He barked for real this time, and led the way through the hole.

Once into the hallway, he lay down and barked and whimpered, trying to get across that they should climb onto his back and, fire be damned, that was too fun to pass up, so they did. Tiny riders in tow, the mastiff dashed down the steps. There was still fire but the innkeeper and some of the other residents were trying to put it out and had managed to create a path to the exit.

Once outside, he flopped down so the kids could get off but he remained as a dog, yapping and playing with the children until their mother came running over. She petted his head, amused that her kids seemed to think they had found a talking dog. This was much better treatment that he’d get as a Kobold, so he was content to take what kindness from a humanoid that he could get.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:03 AM
zoot's twin sister, dingo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2824
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Posting for interest!
Old 07-02-2020, 11:49 AM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3687
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Application withdrawn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	50
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	85623  

Last edited by MoldyNolds; 07-05-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s fromthe1980s
Reminder not to roll dice in this thread.

Also, I'm going out of town on July 6, the deadline to apply for this game, so it might take a bit longer than usual to choose among the excellent applications submitted. Once I select players, I'll give everyone a few days to generate a character sheet and that will also give me time to get back from vacation.

Applications are still open. Keep 'em coming!
DM for Desert of Desolation for 5e| DM for Contagion for 5e | Smoky, Tabaxi Bard in Curse of Strahd | Jean-Luc, Human Sorcerer in Dark Star Rising | No oaths, but if I start something I will see it through.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:33 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11381
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Application
right-aligned image
Character name: Najiba bint Farid
Character sheet: Will be provided if chosen.
Ability scores: Point Buy
Race and Class: Human Wizard (Conjuration School)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Appearance: Najiba is a tawny-skinned woman with hair so black it shines and brown eyes that have flecks of hazel. She dresses in clothing that seems out of place, her head covered in a brightly-colored wrap and flowing robes and sashes that cover her almost completely. A curved dagger in a decorated sheath hangs from a thin chain around her waist and her feet are encased in sandals, rather than boots. She holds herself regally, as though separating herself from her surroundings. Simultaneously, her eyes seem to absorb everything she views, studying nearly everything around her with acute intensity and scrutiny. Her movements are graceful and measured and her face remains passive, showing a nearly emotionless mask.
Background: Far Traveler
Backstory: Originally from Talv in Northern Zakhara, Najiba studied magic in Qadib, called the City of Wands, or the City of Sages. When she completed her studies, she moved to the capital, Huzuz, in hopes of joining the prestigious Magical Legion. Unfortunately for her, she ran afoul of Chancellor Makin al-Mutrattab after becoming implicated in an incident involving a web spell, her familiar, and the chancellor's harem. Makin's uncle Cheddah al-Assad, a blustering, incompetent fool when doing anything other than shooting a bow, goaded the chancellor into banishing Najiba for the embarrassing insult, and Najiba became an outcast. Fleeing Huzuz, she returned to Qadib briefly before realizing that the chancellor could still easily reach her there if he chose. Not wishing to stay in Zakhara, where spies and assassins were beneath every rock, she booked the next ship out, eventually making her way to Faerûn. Although she was initially fearful and reluctant to travel to foreign, barbaric lands, she found many of the cities in her travels to be surprisingly delightful, causing her to yearn for more travel, to see even more exotic locations. Despite the thrill of exploring new lands and cities, she sorely misses her homeland and is deeply saddened to have been driven away.
Magic item: Potion of Mind Reading
Initiative: INT
Prompt:

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 07-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:09 PM
zoot's twin sister, dingo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2824
cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind cottontailwind
Application withdrawn.

Thanks for the consideration, fromthe1980s! Lots of great character apps here--have fun everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Otto ProfileL.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	85638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Otto Full Profile.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	85639  

Last edited by cottontailwind; 07-05-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:09 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Night of Blood Night of Blood
right-aligned image

Prakt, Strev, Rang, glag byrd
Stomm rang glang du
Blod ettin er blod kong.
Gi tusen val nul.
Trut zund stommpaart.

Character name: Firbolg adopt elvish names when dealing with outsiders, though they find the concept of names strange.Carric
Character sheet: You do not need a character sheet unless chosen, but may include a link to one if you like.
Ability scores: STR 15 (+2) Dex 10 (0) Con 13 (+1) Int 12 (+1) Wis 17 (+3) Cha 8 (-1).
Race and class: Volo's Guide to Monsters, pg 106Firbolg Druid of the Land (Arctic)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Appearance: Carric is small for one of his kind, though he still towers over the largest humans he has come across. He stands just over seven feet in height, and is wide-shouldered and heavily muscled, bringing his weight to somewhere close to three hundred or more pounds. His skin is a pale blue in color, though it fades into a dull red at the tip of his nose. The firbolg likes to wear his long hair loose, though he will on occasion tie it back with a leather strap to keep it from tangling in the underbrush and low-hanging tree limbs.

Wearing armor is seen as cowardly to the firbolg, and he tends to rely on his druidic magic to protect him.Carric dresses in a simple hide tunic and breeches, with an overly large homespun cloak thrown over his shoulder and a simple pack either worn on his back or, more often than not, carried loosely over one shoulder. With little information available on the ways of the firbolg for 5e, I have supplemented with the 2e accessory Giantcraft. It contains a lot of good information on the various giant races, though none that I shall be using is mechanical or rules-changing in nature. If this is not appropriate for your campaign please let me know and I'll make the appropriate changes.Seemingly out of place, ornately carved bracers adorn his arms bearing the code of his people that dictates how Carric lives his life: Prakt, Strev, Rang, glag byrd, Stomm rang glang du, Blod ettin er blod kong, Gi tusen val nul, Trut zund stommpaart. Bravery, Effort, and Honor over birth, the tribe's honor above your honor, the blood of a runt is the blood of a king, give one thousand for nothing, truth is the honor of the tribe.

When associating with people he is not familiar with, a new town or village for example, Carric will use disguise self to appear as a large, burly and bearded northerner. He has found that his 'fey' appearance tends to startle the humans before he has a chance to have discourse with them.
Background: Far Traveler. Personality: I have a strong code of honor or sense of propriety that others don't comprehend. Ideal: Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn. Bond: As long as I have this token from my homeland (his bracers), I can face any adversity in this strange land. Flaw: I don't take kindly to some of the actions and motivations of the people of this land, because these folks are different than me.
Backstory: Carric, a name adopted from his dealings with elves when he was younger, once belonged to a clan of firbolg that inhabited the high mountains of the north, living among the evergreen-covered valleys and snow-capped peaks. His is one of only a handful of survivors remaining after his clan was targeted by a vengeful firbolg outcast from his clan 2 generations past for crimes of which Carric was never told. He fled the high mountain valleys and his evergreen forest home and came to be in the lower hills and farmlands of the humans. He had never met a human before and thought them to be just 'different' elves, and he was very confused when the first two farms erupted into terror and chaos at his arrival. Though he tried to calm the smaller people, he only managed to make matters worse, and Carric retreated to the forest to rethink his approach.
After observing the villages and farms from afar, hidden or disguised by his natural and druidic abilities, Carric began entering the villages disguised as a large, burly and bearded human. He liked to interact with the humans and formed a few friendships among the villagers, a small number to which he revealed his true nature.
Magic item: Keoghtom's Ointment (two doses - 120gp per dose).
Initiative: Wisdom

Prompt 2

Last edited by Night of Blood; 07-05-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Night of Blood Night of Blood
I believe Carric is complete. If I'm missing anything that you need (or I overlooked) please let me know. Best of luck everyone
Old 07-06-2020, 07:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Any last applications? Last day. I'll be selecting soon.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1440
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Good Luck everyone, looks like a lot of fun characters.
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Applications closed. I will choose tonight or in the morning.