twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 909
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
I've updated my application with a picture/description/roleplaying sample and added a little bit extra in her motivation section to include what she's been up to til now. I had a bunch of different pictures I was debating between using, and ultimately decided on one that looked most like it could be Final Fantasy artwork. I added in the tail!

@RedSun Thought I should mention that White Mages can suffer arcane spell failure too if you intend to use armor, but they also get access to the Mage Armor spell so if you're more DEX-based you should be fine. I think there's an archetype that lets you cast in Light Armor, but if it's your subjob you won't get access to that part of it this adventure. There's also the Armored Mage feat in the ffd20 feats, but it requires Armor Focus first.

Last edited by smeowlin; 06-12-2020 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:15 PM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 201
rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44
This looks like fun; I'm interested! I didn't know there was a Pathfinder adaptation for Final Fantasy. I'll have to read some more on it and bounce around some character concepts.

I'll submit an application later.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2959
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
The adaptation is a lot of fun. Especially if you are a fan of the series. The creator did a great job of making everything work with Pathfinder but still feel like you are playing a Final Fantasy game!!

On Vacation This Week! Expect delays in my posting schedule.
Old 06-16-2020, 05:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 909
smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin smeowlin
It's also still being worked on, though I recommend if you use their Discord to just pay attention to updates and maybe use it to ask questions because there's an oddly large amount (5-ish) of jerks in there. The only thing I'm a little iffy on are their non-Final Fantasy archetypes that I try to stay away from, though I'm heavily considering the Speedster Time Mage as my subclass and it's hard for me to resist the Jojo and Persona archetypes.

Last edited by smeowlin; 06-16-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2020, 11:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4820
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
I also got a kick out of one of the class archetypes turning your character into Spider-Man. Or another that makes you a super saiyan. It seems like this system has something to cater to a wide variety of concepts.

Also, Homestarbaby? Application is complete now, barring a few small edits I may make here and there.
Old 06-18-2020, 10:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Thanks for letting me know! I have updated the first post.

Old 06-21-2020, 02:23 PM
Greatest Canadian Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 201
rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44
As I was having trouble finding time to come up with ideas on what character I'd want to be, I realized that my schedule would not allow me the time necessary toward a game at the moment.

I do want to thank you for sharing the FF Pathfinder resources though!
Old 06-23-2020, 03:30 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11504
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Sebastienne

Description: Red-haired with bright amber eyes and a mischievous grin, slender and willowy but a bit on the short side. She dresses in bright, flowing colors that seem to shift and flutter even when she's standing still...which is seldom. Has a tendency to "air lute" at random times when a song enters her head that she feels she needs to accompany herself on.

Job and Sub-job: Mithra Bard (Songstress)

Motivation: There are only so many times you can sing or write about the noble heroes rushing off to save the beautiful princess before you just have to pounce and make your own story! The adventure! The stories! The fame that will come from telling stories about the adventure! And all the interesting places to see while doing it! And we get paid, too?? Being a bard is AWESOME!

...oh, and...it's probably important that the princess is safe, too.

*cough*

Target Role: Bombshell, and who better to get attention and cause chaos than a mithra bard?? A mithra draws attention by her very nature, charisma and zest for life simply oozing around them. Add to that a trained skill at calling attention and focusing that attention...there have been meteor strikes that drew less attention!

Roleplaying Sample: Bethrynna, Elven Wizard

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 06-23-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-26-2020, 01:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for the interest, everyone! Almost all of the applications appear to be finished at this time, but we still have 4 more days if you want to make any changes. New folks are also welcome to apply.

Looking forward to this adventure!!

Old 06-29-2020, 11:05 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
Dagomar Dagomar
Polished up my application, and its now 100% complete. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by Dagomar; 06-29-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4533
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
I'm interested, but whew, there's a lot of information to sift through...

Some secret stuff

Last edited by anamiac; 06-30-2020 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are looking great so far! For everyone that still wants to apply, you have until midnight tonight. I will be sending invitations tomorrow morning after I get a chance to review everything.

Old 06-30-2020, 03:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4533
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Gom application
left-aligned image

Name: Gom

Description: Three foot tall white cat/bunny guy with bat wings. Moogles! You know em, you love em. Kupo!

Job and Sub-job Engineer + Thief??

Motivation: Gom was born in a Moogle cave. One day, some Humes came to the cave. There was a war outside, and these merchants wanted nothing to do with it. They had a young daughter named Isselle that Gom got to know well and that started to teach him the Hume language. After two weeks, soldiers came to the cave. They said the Humes were Partisans, and they summarily hanged Isselle and her parents. The Moogles were all taken to Hydaelyn to work as engineers. While they were well treated, a golden chain is still a chain. Gom stole away aboard an airship and made his way to Midoor, where he's been in service of the king ever since. He wants to rescue the princess because the Empire doesn't know how to treat nice things, and he doesn't want what happened to Isselle to happen to her.

Target Role: Infiltrator. Gom used to live in Hydaelyn, so he knows his way around the place. He has also created several imperial uniforms that should function as disguises.

Roleplaying Sample: Linky

Last edited by anamiac; 07-01-2020 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
So far so good, anamiac! You should be fine with any of those sub jobs. Please include a link to your Roleplaying sample before midnight so that I can accept your application as complete!

Old 07-01-2020, 10:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Still working through applications. Will send PMs for invitations as soon as this is done.