twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 12:45 PM
Cowboy Yokozuna

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
DeepFriedWyzard DeepFriedWyzard
I believe my character application is good to go, but I can add more if you like.

@Shad Cool drow elf I was strongly considering duergar at first. I've got my own eccentric ideas about what the Underdark is really like, probably best addressed as a DM...

Last edited by DeepFriedWyzard; 06-30-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:09 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 120
ShadSkad ShadSkad
thank you!

lolol, i'd like to see what that would entail, let me know if you dm. If it was a land fully in the underdark community i might end up going svirfneblin.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:05 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
Fool Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadSkad View Post
I don't think i made the cut off but i'll put my app in right now just in case there's room for me.
I don't have an official cutoff as of yet, so you're good there.

Quote:
Some thought him a ghost to which he would simply shake his head 'no'.
I legitimately laughed when I read this.

Last edited by Fool; 06-30-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:20 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFriedWyzard View Post
"Mark of Sentinel"
I missed this somehow.

DeepFried, I don't have Rising From The Last War, and would much rather prefer if you just chose vanilla or variant human. Alternatively, if you like the sentinel idea, we can work on a variant human with a mark of the sentinel feel (with you describing what that does, because I can't find it).
Old 06-30-2020, 03:29 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ShadSkad ShadSkad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
I don't have an official cutoff as of yet, so you're good there.
Awesome i'll get a character sheet going tomorrow morning.

Quote:
I legitimately laughed when I read this.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:36 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 568
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
Are you too full up for Yulando Perrywinkle? Half-Orc Bard and Lord of Limerick.

Last edited by Wyrom; 06-30-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:58 PM
Cowboy Yokozuna

Tools
User Statistics

I like your idea, how does this sound? Between Mark of Sentinel, and Marine background, I'm not sure what to call this guy. Just a fighter with too much going on, with an unintentional Doom Slayer vibe?

I think I can feel a background developing from this.

Homebrew!Sentinel, Human Variant
Altered from Dwarf (Duergar)
Removed Content
Ability Scores: Con +2; Str +1
Size: Medium
Speed: 25 ft.

Sentinels are simply too massive to run as fast as baseline humans without additional training.

Sentinels are humans who have undergone a highly specialized form of training of the body, mind, and soul. Similar to Magic Item creation, Sentinels have various rituals performed upon them at certain ages or benchmarks in their training.

There is a solitary school in an unknown human land that carries the secrets of the Sentinels.

Speed.
Your speed is not reduced by wearing heavy armor.

Sentinels are taught that armor which slows you down is no longer protecting you.

Superior Darkvision.
Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 120 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Sentinels are taught that all are equal Only in Darkness.

Resilience.
You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage. You also have advantage on saving throws against illusions and against being charmed or paralyzed.

Sentinels are taught that you are only as strong as your weakest internal organ.

Combat Training.
You have proficiency with the dagger, battleaxe, shortbow, and both hand and light crossbows.

Sentinels are taught these are the only weapons worth pursuing to achieve mastery of combat.

Tool Proficiency.
You gain proficiency with the artisan's tools of your choice: Smith's tools, brewer's supplies, or mason's tools.

Sentinels are taught that the homes of masons, tools of crafters, and drinks of brewers are what keep the Wheel of Civilization turning.

Stonecunning.
Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.

Languages.
Common, plus any language as a bonus.

Sentinels are taught that all Written and Spoken word is Sacred.

Magic.
When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the Enlarge/Reduce Shield spell on yourself once with this trait. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the Invisibility Zone of Truth spell on yourself once with this trait. You don't need material components for either spell, and you can't cast them while you're in direct sunlight, although sunlight has no effect on them once cast. You regain the ability to cast these spells with this trait when you finish a long rest. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for these spells.

Sunlight Sensitivity.
You have disadvantage on attack rolls and Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.

Last edited by DeepFriedWyzard; 06-30-2020 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:03 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Everything looks good, though it might get tweaked a little further down the line, fyi.

For now, though, this all looks A OK.

Human (Sentinel) it is.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:36 PM
Cowboy Yokozuna

Tools
User Statistics
That's fine, but this is definitely less powerful than the Mark of Sentinel, which is actually kinda OP

For whatever it's worth, I do think I want to DM a game as well. But it is not going to be like anything this world has ever seen before!

...Unless it has. In which case, good for them.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:01 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrom View Post
Are you too full up for Yulando Perrywinkle? Half-Orc Bard and Lord of Limerick.
I believe one applicant has rescinded their application (I hope on good terms), so if you'd like to post a more comprehensive application I'm all ears.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:38 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
Sweet. I'll get one going after dinner
Old 06-30-2020, 06:47 PM
Level 1 RPG Crossing DM

Tools
User Statistics
Fool Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadSkad View Post
Awesome i'll get a character sheet going tomorrow morning.
Skad, real quick: your character concept looks like it's an edgelord archetype.

Can I get your word you won't go down the dark path of pulling sh!t like stealing from the party at the drop of a hat or brooding the party into a deathtrap?

I've seen parties go sour off of your kind of concept, but I'm willing to extend the faith that you aren't a bad apple.

Last edited by Fool; 06-30-2020 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:03 PM
Cowboy Yokozuna

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:

Can I get your word you won't go down the dark path of pulling sh!t like stealing from the party at the drop of a hat or brooding the party into a deathtrap?

I've seen parties go sour off of your kind of concept, but I'm willing to extend the faith that you aren't a bad apple.
Grey Elf, if you teach me how to put magic into my arrows, I swear that evil and chaos will never touch your heart!

[Character Path: Arcane Archer?]
Old 06-30-2020, 08:35 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ShadSkad ShadSkad
Quote:

Dont worry. Hes never betrayed anyone and he doesnt plan on it. Hes actually a secret sweetheart. I dont even think im giving him deception. (Also i might choose a different skill instead of slight of hand.)

All he really wants is a family and he doesnt even hurt or trick his betrayers.

Nothing to fear from me
Old 06-30-2020, 08:44 PM
One Among the Fence

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Name: Yulando Perrywinkle

Race: Orc

Class: Bard

Alignment: CN

Description:

“Perry” as he is known at the local tavern chuckle nights is a tall menacing figure to be cracking a joke. At six foot two and over two hundred and fifty pounds he sticks out among many of his entertaining brethren. Black braided hair falls behind and locked square jaw attempting hilarious rhymes that seem unnerving due to his thick voice and mead inflated gut.

Personality:

Surprising for his race Perry is rather laid back. He doesn’t mind when a joke won’t land, and can even handle the good heckler here and there. He values booze over gold and many of the tavern owners can attest to that through his ever-increasing tab. The only thing that really gets under his skin is speaking ill of his race, which is . . . unfortunate considering his passion.

Background:

Perry was picked up as a small child who wandered onto the road during a move with his tribe. Halgrum of Halgrum’s three tent circus (trademark pending) immediately saw potential in the orc youngling as a hired hand to help with setup and teardowns. This was to be Perry’s life for the next twelve years. Watching from the edge of the brightly decorated ring as trapeze artists swung high, tamers deftly dodged the swipe of claws, and clowns paraded around to lighten moods. But the act that he found most interesting was Halgrum himself.

Halgrum had a certain way with words, meaning he was funny. This was something Perry never knew in the tribe, and laughing as Halgrum teased at the crowds lifestyles and many races and surprisingly they all laughed instead of flying into a murderous rage. Perry even found himself laughing. The orc decided this was what he wanted, to bring the gift of humor back to his people.

One drunken night after tear down Perry approached Halgrum hoping to be apprenticed. Halgrum laughed, but the laugh that stung inside Perry as Halgrum explained that experience is the root of all humor. Halgrum told Perry that all orcs could experience was anger and war, jest was not those monsters, and the best they could bring to society was strong arms and obedient spirits for work. Perry did feel anger, but instead of lashing out he stole away into the night, determined to prove Halgrum’s perceptions wrong.

Moving from town to town Perry eventually heard talk of a “place beneath” promising many the experience for those willing to take the journey. Excited that this may be his chance to find his niche Perry made his way out, or more appropriately down.

Last edited by Wyrom; 06-30-2020 at 10:40 PM.