DnD35e [Forgotten Realms] Lands of Intrigue - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1174
TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98
Thanks everybody for your applications... A lot of good character concepts have been created and I only wish I could accept them all.

Five of you will be recieving a PM from me shortly with further instructions. For those of you who don't, please save those character concepts!!! They will make great additions to future games!

T
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 AM
<= IT'S GIR!!!!! :D

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 925
Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth
I don't think I got an invite

Natural 20's: 26 Natural 1's: 15

Last edited by Cloudpiroth; 11-01-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPasq98 View Post
Game NameLands of Intrigue
Game SystemDnD 3.5e Forgotten Realms
ThemeUnlikely heroes (or villains) caught up in devious plans of intrigue and conquest!
FlavourClassic DnD Adventure
Plot SummaryWelcome to Lands of Intrigue... ye poor bastards!"
- Dugan 'the Arm'

It is the Year of the Risen Elfkin (1375 DR) and war has come to the Sword Coast. For five long years, the Lands of Intrigue have been at war with each other. Even now the bards sing tails of the troubles within these lands.

Northward along the Sword Coast, deep within the slums of Waterdeep, a lithe woman Bard entertains a tavern crowd as she sings the tail of the valiant King Haedrak and his courageous stand at Ithal Pass. To the south, among the crowed streets of Calimport, stands a man spinning the tale of Queen Zaranda and her struggles against the massive and vile Ogre Hoards! Even on the distant shores of Maztika rumors are flying as the settlers wonder upon the fate of their Amnish homelands.

Indeed, word has spread far and wide that the roads of Tethyr are no place for travelers... Yet you find yourselves here. Lured in by the promise of king's ransoms and glorious adventure, you and your caravan have finally arrived in the ancient city of Zazzesspur, but just barely.

Even now as you lick your wounds and count your bounty, evil brews and deceitful plans are plotted all around you. Like so many here in the Lands of Intrigue, you are about to be caught up in events that might shape a nation, yet you might never know it.

And so, as you kick your feet up and wet your throat with one of Dugan's frothy ales, you can't help but wonder...

"Why in the nine Hells did I ever come to these god-forsaken lands!!!"

Additional Info
This will be a classic DnD adventure designed for 4 – 5 level three characters of neutral alignments (no lawful good or chaotic evil). Most classes will be considered, but a well balanced group will be essential.

Just about any book will be considered, just note which books you are using for character creation and which pages where I can find the information. FORGOTTEN REALMS CAMPAIGN SETTING IS ESSENTIAL… Do not apply with out one.
NOTICE:

One to two replacement players needed to join the group currently running through the first chapter of 'Lands of Intrigue'!

If you are intersted, please read through the above quote from the first post in this thread. You might also check out the game folder and sub-folder 'For the Players' as well as the game thread itself 'Ch. 1 - a Blight upon the Land'. This is a pre-written campaign, up through the fourth chapter so I expect it to continue on for some time.

Of the five origional players, the three who were the most active have been invited back (with two so far committed) so the current slots filled are rogue, Mage, and support (Druid). Any and all class types may apply, but I am looking for a well rounded group. Some sort of fighter/warrior type along with an 'undead destroying/controlling' cleric would fit in greatly. The current alignments of the group range from neutral to neutral evil, so bare that in mind (I will not accept pure good or evil).

Good Gaming!

Last edited by TPasq98; 06-25-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Godspeed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 220
Preacher Preacher Preacher
I haven't got the Forgotten Realms Setting book with me, but I know pretty much of the lore in Forgotten Realms. Is it possible for me to apply then? Very interested in playing a Cleric.
"Woe to you, O earth and sea. For the devil sends the Beast with wrath, because he knows that time is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast, for it is a human number... Its number, is sixhundred and sixty six."
Old 06-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
You bet Preacher Man. That was a loose rule meant more to make my life easier.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Game thread is below... Thx to Revision for the heads up!

Lands of Intrigue
Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Godspeed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 220
Preacher Preacher Preacher
Application

Name: Balgar Steelforge.
Race: Shield Dwarf.
Class: Cleric of Gond, the "Lord of all Smiths"
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
Origin: The Silver Marches, Citadel Adbar
Party-Role: Healer, all-around supporter and extra melee. With emphasis on Armorsmithing to both repair and (futurely) create magical armor.

Appearance:

Personality:

Background:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	873_realsize.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	47215  
"Woe to you, O earth and sea. For the devil sends the Beast with wrath, because he knows that time is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the Beast, for it is a human number... Its number, is sixhundred and sixty six."

Last edited by Preacher; 06-26-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Khan, Clan Jade Falcon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 131
Pryde Pryde
At the moment I'm available to check in on the game multiple times daily, as I do with the game I'm running. Please let me know how you feel about my concept and what I need to know to go ahead and gen the character.

Name: Dizzriinkin Sor'Cil
Race: Drow
Alignment: CN
Homeland: Menzoberranzan
Class: Ranger
Appearance: Long white hair worn loose, amber eyes. Short at only 5'6"
Character Concept: Elderboy of a minor destroyed house. Disgusted at the lack of equality shown in his home city, but still young enough to be maleable to the legends he grew up with. His long-term aim is to return to Menzoberranzan to form his own House. As such he is a follower of both Eilistraee and Araushnee, whom he never refers to as Lloth. It is his belief that the Spider Queen was once kind, gentle, and tolerant, and so works to reconcile the two goddesses.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Great apps so far, thanks. I'm still making final preparations for the restart, but it should be fun! In the mean time, below is a short summery of the story so Far:

Last edited by TPasq98; 05-13-2020 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 115
Scaldin Scaldin
Considering building an actual Samurai, unlike the old fighter who was samurai-ish. Wanted the ok first before I did, and also I plan on using Iatsu Focus and Iatsu attacks if so.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaldin View Post
Considering building an actual Samurai, unlike the old fighter who was samurai-ish. Wanted the ok first before I did, and also I plan on using Iatsu Focus and Iatsu attacks if so.
@Scaldin - Its been awhile so I'll reup on the Samurai when I have more time and get back to you. If you have the time and don't mind playing around with character builds, why don't you post the Samurai plus a 'secondary' build?

If you'd rather stick with one that's cool too, but it might take me a day or so to get back to you.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Scaldin Scaldin
Samurai is exactly the same as fighter except for lvl 1 and having the skill Iatsu Focus as a class skill. rather than a feat at lvl 1 i get a masterwork katana and masterwork wakizashi (longsword and short sword) that I can upgrade as I level up.

Theres certain restrictions that I think would be fun to roleplay, like always having to keep my weapons and following the bushido code.

But ya i can throw up a samurai and also a fighter, what ill do is make the same character and just change a few things based on each class.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Scaldin Scaldin
Name: Juno
Race: Human
Class: Dragon Samurai of Helm
Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
Origin: Waterdeep
Party-Role: Tank, Melee Damage dealer

Appearance: Juno is a gruff stout man. His hair long and black pulled back into a tight pony tail. Standing an average six foot two inches tall, and weighing 185 pounds, he is not incredibly imposing just from looks, but taking in his whole picture, complete with the two weapons and armor he carries from his time training in the east, many man stand frozen not realizing they have already been attacked.

Personality: Juno follows the Bushido. Similar to a paladins code, Samurai must uphold certain truths. The key difference is Bushido focuses on honor rather than justice. Juno takes this to heart. Honor for himself and his family name comes first. His katana and wakizashi are always at his side, these are his brothers now, and nothing will seperate them while Juno stands alive.

Background: Born in Waterdeep, Juno was however quickly sent east. To train under a group of monks. He remembers nothing of his childhood in Abier-Toril, having left so young, he returns home to bring honor to his family in the east, and to teach honor to the westerners.

This is the samurai so far. havnt spent much money just incase we decide to do a fighter. Fighter will be very much the same minus some skill changes and changes to feats.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2654
Syllander Syllander Syllander Syllander Syllander Syllander Syllander Syllander Syllander Syllander Syllander
I am looking at a few things I may consider playing, but an interest is posted.

Took Oath of Sangus!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Highest Courage/Pound

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41
Little Shield
Are there openings still available? I love FR, and have been wanting to roll a cleric for a while.

Last edited by Little Shield; 06-27-2011 at 09:01 AM.