RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-27-2018, 12:09 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6609
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
I'm working, I'm working. Takes a little time to flesh out your background as if your character was telling the story.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:57 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
Merrick's app has been de-blueified.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:00 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21302
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanplankton View Post
Merrick's app has been de-blueified.
Thanks. I use a black background, and it is literally the one color that's hard to read. Even black is easier to read than dark blue.
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:57 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
As you make your finishing touches on applications please let me know so I can mark you as done on the chart.

Thanks!
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:21 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65140
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
You need not track any app from me, Wodine.

I don't have any ideas that would fit.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:31 PM
Retired Marine

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 280
GunnyWar GunnyWar GunnyWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
As you make your finishing touches on applications please let me know so I can mark you as done on the chart.

Thanks!
I have updated my app. So it should be good to go
Old 09-29-2018, 06:48 AM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1511
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
Character Sheet
left-aligned image
Name: Magehunter Senieth Ros’linor
Race: Elf
Origin: Vilros, Griefland
Class: Brown-Fur Transmuter Arcanist
Intended role: Support/Crowd Control?

Personality: Over analyses almost everything, sorting by most likely to most unlikely. If asked a question, whether sensitive or not, one will have to expect a full, unsweetened answer to said question. If she upsets someone because of speaking with blunt logic, Senieth portrays no outward appearance of sympathy or remorse. She may even be confused by the reaction she causes, especially if it is displeasure at her. While she understands optimistic thoughts, being angry at someone for pointing out a valid pessimistic point is wrong. If her 'predictions' are off, Senieth is quick to comment about how interesting that is.

Senieth has an impulsive need to speak out loud her inner thoughts and predictions to the point she will shut down someone mid sentence and start talking to herself. If anyone talks over her it is as if they do not exist and getting her attention requires more than a "Hey Senieth!" When not in her own head the magi is observing others intently, making assumptions based on every tidbit of information, visual or otherwise. It takes a lot for her to actually change the way she interacts with a person despite how very judgmental she seems to be.

Has a habit of correcting others and pointing out flaws in their logic. May come off overly paranoid, but wears an expression of utter nonchalance. Lists off horrific and/or graphic things that might happen without it seeming to bother her. Points out the obvious, even if it is inappropriate to do so.

Background:
Deep within Griefland in a small elvish village on top of a mountain, a physically weak and sickly child was born. In a community of gatherers and hunters a weakling like her had no place.

At a young age her father, a warrior and respected hunter, was killed by a giant serpent. He only sired a girl to the dismay of all, but in honor of him they allowed her to apply as a hunter so that she could try and provide for her elderly mother. It was a common misconception that she was diseased or malformed since no one at the village were aware that there was a condition called arcane deficiency. She had a latent ability which was draining her and while sleep helped to revitalize her some, it was only enough to keep her alive and semi-functioning.

It was not until a couple of elite magi from Eradale, a city in Markland that had embraced the arcane arts, that her talents were unveiled. It turned out that she could easily see and sense magic. Since no one in the village practiced the arts it was never apparent until they injected themselves into a tussle between a bully and Senieth with a simple magic trick. Of course it shocked her to find this all out and she scarcely believed it or them until she lay witness to a three way battle between them and a criminal mage that they were hunting.

Despite having played a very small part in identifying that their quarry was in fact in their village, Aerola and her partner Gerald invited her to travel with them to Eradale so that they could introduce her to their magi guild. They exaggerated her involvement, leaving her to try and actually live up to the title ‘Magehunter’. She became an asset against rogue mage, hunting them down like dogs and using deadly force if necessary. Senieth doesn't like killing unless it is necessary to complete her missions.
Roleplay sample:

One afternoon while the physically inept was given another beatdown by a persistent thug, a couple in simple blue robes paused by them to watch. The two, a brunette woman with owl like eyes and a bearded middle aged man, stuck out like sore thumbs. Not just for their attire but because there was an unusual distortion of their features like looking at a reflection in a crooked mirror. At least to Senieth they stood out, but the jeering crowd around her paid them no mind, as if there wasn't a cloying miasma clawing at her senses from their very stares.

The thug, a burly man who was popular because of his relentless bullying, swung the wooden practice sword that they were all given like a club, batting away her own as if it were a twig and striking hard against bruised flesh with no attempt at restraining himself. They were supposed to be sparring…

Knocked to the ground, her buttocks screeching, Senieth turned to look at the couple and threw a mono toned response up at the bully.
“... It is pretty clear that I am never going to defeat you. This is pointless and does not benefit anyone. can I go now?”
The bully glanced over to where she was looking, frowned and glanced back at her with a sneer. He urged one of the jeering males to lift her up and proceeded to insult the elfess.
“Get up weakling and fight me. Don't you want to make father proud? Or are you always going to be a disappointment to everyone?”

From the corner of her eye Sen saw a ripple of energy bounce off the man in the robes hands and shoot toward them at a frightening pace. She flinched in fright only to watch the ripple distort the thug's sword like heatwaves off hot sand. The men laughed at her reaction, seemingly unaware of what she had just seen.
“Coward.” He spat but as he went to deliver the strike his blade burst into flames and he yelled in pain, dropping it to the floor where it smoldered.

The man who had caused the whole incident cracked a smile.

The ordeal had spooked the thug and their peers and after throwing panicked glances at one another, they fled the scene. The couple approached at a leisurely pace, foreheads crinkled. Flippantly the man remarked that she did not belong in such savage company. Before Senieth could misinterpret it as an insult, the brunette woman reached out and grabbed her chin. The instant they touched a hot lance of euphoria that she had never in her life felt, entered her body and chased away Senieth’s ever present fatigued and mind fog. For once the elfess felt healthy!
“Latent arcane sight, interesting.” She cocked an eyebrow and frowned. “Did you just ‘steal’ from me? Rude, but intriguing all the same...” The woman mumbled, flicking Senieth’s nose lightly.
The flick was enough to pull Senieth out of the shocked stupor the brunette's touch caused and she abruptly pulled away. Sharply she inhaled.
“W-what was that? What did you just do to me? I do not understand. Who even are you?”
A delighted smile lifted the corners of the woman's face. “Why, Aerola of course. -Oh and Gerald.” Aerola flicked a wrist in her partner’s general direction. Gerald nodded.
Pointing at the wooden sword Aerola’s lips twisted with distaste. “What is a magi like you doing with these unwieldy and barbaric… things? The Magi Guild in Eradale would suit you far better.“

"Magi like me? Are you... Was that... Magic?" It seemed a ludicrous thought, magic was logically impossible.
However apparently it wasn't half as nonsense as Senieth was made to believe. They explained a little about how arcane worked and treated the entire concept like a new kind of mathematics. Not that Senieth knew much about mathematics at the time and so it didn't help their chances of convincing her. Too much superstition shrouded her people's belief in magic. Anyone that did possess such skills had been called witches and they lived on the outskirts of town doing very minor magic. No one had ever gone to an actual academy to learn how to control and harness it.

When Senieth asked Aerola and Gerald about what they were doing in Griefland, they didn't divulge everything, just that they were searching for a man by the very description of one whom was staying at her mother's cottage. After her father died and she moved to the compound, there was room to let travelers stay if they helped out around the place. The fact two magi were in search of someone really wouldn't have concerned Senieth as much if it wasn't for the way they abruptly armed themselves to the 'teeth' once told.

Passengers:
Theodour Stempson: Senieth noticed immediately that the seemingly average man had some interesting past. She had a good eye for the unusual and magical after-all. His low self esteem and desire to be noticed resonated strongly with her as she too had felt extremely lacking before moving to Eradale. Albiet her problem was skill, not physical appearance… Still Sen can see that his ambition was a liability. He shouldn’t be so set on gaining the approval of others.

Jurgen Bauer: Finicky, unreliable and weighed down by unreasonable beliefs and codes of justice. When nervous seems to sprout nonsense and is easily distracted by irrelevant stimuli. Severely underestimates everything…

Please Describe at least two (2) NPCs. One of personal signifance, somewhere in the world and one you've met on the voyage.
Magistrix Aerola: Similar to Senieth, Aerola could sense magic effortlessly, but could also read the signature of the magically inclined to learn special traits and how strong a caster they are. Because of her magic sense being especially strong it allowed her to follow magic signatures to their source, making her a perfect Magehunter. Aerola is never serious, but has an intense and dominating presence as if no one has authority over her. Lurking just under the surface of this demeanor however is a touch of insanity and bloodthirst that makes those who meet her wary and those she hunts terrified. There is a rumor that she isn’t completely mortal and has some kind of bond with an ‘Outsider’. The rumor has never been confirmed and she is too respected and valued to be demonized.

Lucius: This lad has an extreme case of a hero complex, possibly due to the belief that he was ‘chosen’ by Kayl. He held himself like a royal knight, spewing a sickening amount of charisma and good will, while preaching morality and justice. One of his absurd codes of honor is to never kill or harm females as if the fairer gender didn’t have the occasional murderous outlier.

Last edited by Sarsprilla; 10-01-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8465
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
@Imveros: wrote a brief review for you. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 09-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25873
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Unfortunately with RL bullying me, I couldn't reasonably apply. Have fun guys!

Last edited by MoonZar; 09-29-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28818
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalarangreen View Post
@Imveros: wrote a brief review for you. Let me know if you have any questions!
I just sent you my feedback as well!

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 09-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37513
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Updated app with highlights of some of the others as requested.

Last edited by Squeak; 09-29-2018 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:05 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Old 09-29-2018, 10:41 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Keep up the good work everyone!

Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:49 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Old 09-30-2018, 12:25 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7923
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
No clerics beside the dwarf npc?

Might have to do something about that...