twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 08:49 AM
Cheery haunt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24793
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
Mine will be up as soon as I flush out 1 or 2 more things and the kids/work give me a chance to write it out.

Old 06-29-2020, 05:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
hmmm seeing if I can come up with a good idea that works
Old 06-30-2020, 12:51 AM
Has A Clever User Title

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 226
Exylrei Exylrei Exylrei
Posting interest! Current concept is a soldier-turned-bodyguard who's come to the colony in search of an old friend who disappeared with the last failed expedition.

Just to double check before I get too far in, I was thinking of creating and writing up a minor city-state in the Unincorporated States for a hometown; would that be fine or should we be sticking with what's already written out?
Old 06-30-2020, 08:53 AM
Cheery haunt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24793
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
WIP - it just needs a bit of spit and polish still. Will get the last bits in as soon as I can. (Note that tomorrow is Canada day so that will be a write-off!) EDIT - just one more thing to add.

Adeena Flokkart
Adeena Flocart
Protector of squishies, area control, the loveable voice of law where everyone wants it
"Manners maketh men." ~ Quote from the Measure

right-aligned image
Race & Class: Human Cavalier / Rebranding the Hell KnightChaos Knight

Physical description: Tall, muscular woman with unsettlingly piercing green eyes and two great big polearms that catch the eye nearly as easily as the stylized full plate armor she bears. She is pretty yet her main attraction is the mystery she presents. Both men and women find her at least a little intimidating, be it as competition, interrogator, or a partner that is simply difficult to get a read on.

Personality: Dedicated to bringing the law to the lawless fringes of civilization, she means well yet lacks compassion and sympathy. She is alluringly unfathomable and only occasionally relaxed. Proven allies gain her unwavering loyalty (as long as they remain law-abiding in her eyes!). Adeena laughs at inappropriate moments and tends to make serious conversations uncomfortable or friendly conversations awkward after a while. Personal sacrifice, strength, obsessive-compulsive, and dedication - all of these things describe Adeena.

Origin: The Sudetenland, middle daughter of a hard-working city armorer.

Background: WIP

Roleplay sample: Why were you selected for this honor to serve the crown or how did you get stuck on this island?

Why do you want to play in this game? I have been maintaining 3-4 games of a post or two per week for the past few years and I found the balance and commitment to be where it was good for life and games. With the pandemic, several games died off and I've found myself down to only 1 slow game now with another on life support. Thus, I went looking and found The Founding. The DM looks solid, the pace fits my desires, and several of the players I've run across previously and would happily share a table with them again. Lastly, the home-crafted world is intriguing, along with the set up to colonize a place that might not want to be colonized! Challenge accepted. Sandbox style is preferred as well.

Last edited by Jarl11; Yesterday at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:52 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 405
Aelariana Aelariana Aelariana Aelariana Aelariana
Posting interest; I'm always a fan of sandbox/exploration games
Old 06-30-2020, 07:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11011
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Oooh, the chance to play with PCB and Black Jim? I trust ManicMonky is great, I just don't know them. This is very tempting. Before I dive headlong into the process of bringing an 8th-level character to life, I figured I should clarify what's going on here.

Are you only looking for one new player, or are you looking to fill up with a few? I read the post over pretty thoroughly and didn't see indication one way or the other, but I wanted to be sure before assuming and being wrong.

I see a Bard, a Ranger, and an Alchemist, none of which look to be the most sturdy of adventurers. Is there a preference for a character that can absorb more of the punishment thrown their way, or is the space wide open?

In any case, thank you in advance for the answers to my questions!
Old 06-30-2020, 09:26 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21202
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
We're looking for at least one new player.

I'll gladly accept more, but I only accept the exceptional so even though I like having a party of 5-6 I won't take people just to fill a quota.

There was a paladin who was an excellent meat shield and they 'rescued' 'took hostage?' procured an NPC fighter but she will not be continuing with them she's going to settle in the colony.

While most of the apps thus far have focused on the missing meat shield component, I don't concern myself with party composition and expect the PCs to make due with who they are even if it is three wizards, a bard, and a witch.
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11011
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
A commendable method, to be sure. Thank you very much for your response. I have much to consider.