Old 09-18-2018, 09:00 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21302
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
Do I have to choose? Can't I get one of each?

I'd hoped that with a LN god of undeath it might be perceived quite as darkly as it is in many settings. Hmmmm....
Aerackyl and his worshipers do what they want.

That doesn't mean they aren't set on fire for it.
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17373
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Drat, Wodine. You're making this really difficult to resist. Making use of the kingdom building rules or something less structured? Everyone should studiously ignore the leadership feat?

Last edited by dbaque; 09-18-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:27 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
Making use of the kingdom building rules or something less structured? Everyone should studiously ignore the leadership feat?
Absolutely not, it's a friggin' mess.

You all won't be directly involved in day to day colony management. That's the governor's job. You're more of an elite strike team.

"We need this," or "whoa bandits!" or "what the !@#$ was that glowing orb in the sky."

That said, you will be able to guide the colonies development - or completely neglect it.
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Will probably get my character built this Friday night or the weekend. So hard for me to make a character during the week.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:57 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss
Changed classes, should be fun to work with the elements in mind I think. c:
Old 09-19-2018, 09:50 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Will probably get my character built this Friday night or the weekend. So hard for me to make a character during the week.
No hurries, I haven't issues an official deadline yet.

Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5068
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
I've noticed a lot of the notable npcs have special mounts (griffins and pegasus for example). Are those available for purchase?
Old 09-19-2018, 11:01 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Griffons are exclusively granted by Imperial Writ of the Emperor. And I may as well point out that killing a wild griffon is a capital crime.

Pegasi are a little easier to get your hands on if you're from a noble family and have connections.
Exist. Persist. Resist.

Last edited by wodine; 09-19-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Trying to get a couple of relations straight. Balthasar Helklinge is listed as leader of Greifland, whence come the griffons. Baltrac Griffon Lord of Greifland is listed as father to the current empress. I assume the two lords are different.

Would griffon riders (or at least pegasus riders) be more common among the Griefland nobility/knights? It would seem odd if they don't have access to their own exported mounts.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:54 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Balthasar is the brother of the empress - Baltrac is the former Lord of Greifland - a minor typo.

Even though the Aviary is in Greifland, all griffons are considered the sole property of the Emperor (like how all swans in England are owned by the queen - or how even though you have a credit card, it is technically the property of the bank). The Helklinge through strong relations with the crown as well as for obvious reasons of having the griffons can usually get their hands on a writ or two when necessary. Even the crown prince has to have a writ.

The Pegasi are not nearly as carefully monitored, but they are not easily bred and are a cherished possession by anyone.
Exist. Persist. Resist.

Last edited by wodine; 09-19-2018 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7215
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
The more I look over the campaign introduction and the places, I am getting a very warhammer-esque vibe. But that is probably because all town names are rather Germanic-sounding while the ruling structure is an imperium. I need to hammer out my application asap it seems.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:35 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
The more I look over the campaign introduction and the places, I am getting a very warhammer-esque vibe. But that is probably because all town names are rather Germanic-sounding while the ruling structure is an imperium. I need to hammer out my application asap it seems.
Yeah using German as the proto language for the empire made things come out sounding rather warhammery, but since they blew up the Warhammer world... I promise there are no stormcasts.

I considered Spanish but then everything would be latinized and Roman sounding and my French isn't good enough to use, so it is what it is.

It is also a world considered Dark Fantasy like Warhammer - it isn't nearly as happy go lucky as Golarion.
Exist. Persist. Resist.

Last edited by wodine; 09-19-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7215
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
Yeah using German as the proto language for the empire made things come out sounding rather warhammery, but since they blew up the Warhammer world... I promise there are no stormcasts.

I considered Spanish but then everything would be latinized and Roman sounding and my French isn't good enough to use, so it is what it is.

It is also a world considered Dark Fantasy like Warhammer - it isn't nearly as happy go lucky as Golarion.
Good, hopefully Kineticists aren't burned at the stake for doing something so tenuous as strengthening the warp or something. Though I was very close to being a secret chaos worshipper. The old gods will have to do.
Old 09-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Wodine, despite the limited PC race options, are there the usual other races as minorities in this world? E.g. catfolk, drow, goblins, orcs, planetouched.

And, given the standing truce with the Sundered Isles and Oster, who are some of the enemies that the Empire still has skirmishes with?
Old 09-19-2018, 04:19 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
Wodine, despite the limited PC race options, are there the usual other races as minorities in this world? E.g. catfolk, drow, goblins, orcs, planetouched.

And, given the standing truce with the Sundered Isles and Oster, who are some of the enemies that the Empire still has skirmishes with?
Some yes, some no.

Greenskins exist in the barrens, drow are a thing of legend as are many of the other races - some real some not. Humans make up >90% of the population of the Empire.

Oster and the Empire still skirmish from time to time especially in the barrens, were there are no rules. There have been several attempts to purge the swamplands between them and the Sundered Isles as well as several expeditions to cross the mountains at the north of the Northern Orthodoxy - however thus far no one has returned from the Ice Wastes.
Exist. Persist. Resist.

Last edited by wodine; 09-19-2018 at 04:20 PM.