RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-24-2018, 04:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28818
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
I can try - It's the best I can offer.
Thanks. I know you have your work cut out for you with post one only two weeks away!

Alternatively, would anyone else who's finished like to trade some editing time? I'll look over yours, you look over mine kind of deal?

I just always feel better with a second set of eyes on something like this. Thanks in advance!

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 09-24-2018, 07:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8465
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
I'll trade you Imveros.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:27 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21302
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
I like the teamwork.

Keep on keeping on!
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28818
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalarangreen View Post
I'll trade you Imveros.
Excellent! When do you think you'll have something for me to look over?

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 09-24-2018, 08:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
right-aligned image

Name: ZenevievaNevi Sileny
Race: Half-Elf
Origin: Sudetenland
Class: Pact Witch (6)/Feral Hunter (1)
Intended role: Healer, Support
Physical Description: At five-foot-ten-inches and one-hundred twenty-eight pounds, Nevi is roughly average in terms of height and weight for someone who is of both elven and human descent. If not for her feminine curves, she'd have a boyish build. The build is partially because she didn't need to develop her muscles nearly as much to be a Healer as she would have needed to if she'd wanted to be a warrior of some sort. She has large, purple eyes with vertically slitted pupils that are almost almond shaped that make a striking picture against her lightly tanned skin and deep auburn hair. Nevi tends to keep her long hair bound out of her way in some way, usually a loose braid. She has a longish straight nose and mouth with a full lower lip and a thinner upper one. Her ears, not surprisingly given her heritage, are slightly pointed.

Nevi likes clothing that offers a combination of decent movement, sturdy material that is easily cleaned, and the ability to withstand a trip to the forest to gather ingredients or a hectic infirmary. She prefers relatively simple lines and natural colors. It makes no difference if she's in a skirt or pants as long as her top isn't attached to her bottom. She's found it easier to simply change what's been stained until she, or her familiarTiana, can clean it later. Her other gear follows a similar path. Simple designs, sturdy materials and muted colors.
Personality: Almost everyone who knows Nevi would describe her as 'a lover, not a fighter' or 'a kind soul doing her best to help any who need it'. Both describe her almost perfectly. Nevi would describe herself as a pacifistic healer.

She strongly dislikes violence and does what she can to avoid it. She always tries to defuse tense situations before they can devolve into a fight of one sort or another. When she's forced to fight, she does so reluctantly and only to defend herself and those in her care. Nevi willingly does what she can to heal any who come to her. She also tries to help people in other ways when she can. This has occasionally led to, often inadvertent, trouble with the local authorities. She rarely concerns herself with the ability of her patients to pay her. Most can only 'pay' her by offering a roof over her head for a few days, sharing a meal or two with them, mending her clothes or similar trades. The ones who can pay in coin are usually merchants or the occasional noble.

She sometimes comes off as cat-like due to a few of her quirks. She enjoys occasionally lazing someplace sunny and warm. Her head will tilt to one side if she's particularly interested in something or just trying to puzzle through something. The minor physical changes that occurred shortly after Tiana revealed her true form only add to her 'cat-ness'.
Background:

RP Sample:

Passengers:
HawkeWhile I'm not about to complain about having a friend on board, I can't help but wonder what he did to end up here. As far as I know, he's never done anything to anger the Emporer.

JurgenHe seems like a flirt and teens to come across as shallow. Still, I suppose he can't be all bad if he likes animals.

ReggieFrom what little I've observed, it seems like he's got a chip on his shoulder. Or maybe just something to prove. If it's the chip, maybe I can find a way to help make it smaller or get rid of it entirely.

NPCs:
ZenevievaNevi's mother and the only blood-related family she knows. She still lives and, while largely retired, works in the village where Nevi was born.

RoseNevi's witch mentor. She helped Nevi to learn about herself as a witch and a healer. She also helped Nevi to learn that she was a pact witch who had, somehow, formed some sort of contract with Nirvana while she was still a young child. Rose is largely retired, having taught a few of the village's children to be midwives and minor healers.

Gherla HerolIt's nice to know that I'm not the only Healer being sent to the New World. While I loosely follow the Old Gods, her belief is much stronger. Still, it's interesting to pass the time talking about various healing techniques and methods.

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; 10-03-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Cristal, my half-elf Hawke also from Sudetenland. We could have them cross paths or something.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2491
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Seekr, we could work something in. I'm planning on having her be a wandering healer among some of the smaller, and more remote, villages of Sudetenland, it would have to be in or near one of them. PM me and we can discuss ideas.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:14 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofTuring View Post
All I needed to know . Just feeling a bit left out...
Everything is fine except you can't have a diplomat to one of your own fiefdoms. She would have been a Counselor of State.
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:29 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9940
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
Everything is fine except you can't have a diplomat to one of your own fiefdoms. She would have been a Counselor of State.
I can go with that. Bottom line, I want my character's family to have an impressive lineage but to currently be limited to assistants to the Emperor with an impressive last name .
Old 09-26-2018, 09:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2956
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
I think my app if complete. I did the 'other passenger' section using only the personality and physical descriptions of other apps so anyone i don't have on the list doesn't have one of those things...hope that's ok. Feedback from anyone would be great.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:00 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
I put a chart together of all the apps in the second post in this thread. If the details are wrong or I missed your app please let me know so I can update it.

Thanks
Exist. Persist. Resist.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I had the npcs and passengers listed.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8465
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Character Application

~ Catrin Gantzlan ~
Tamer of Barbarians, Arbiter, and Profiteer
(inspirational image)
Description and PersonalityWho is Catrin?
As the rightful inheritor of the famous Gantlzan Trading Co., Catrin knows how to dress to impress. She knows precisely which earrings accentuate her discerning blue eyes and exactly the right colored attire to appear both sharp and imposing, without appearing unapproachable. She refuses to wear dresses on principle, preferring well-crafted leather tunics and finest furs. Catrin prefers quality over quantity, and practicality over frivolity. Her wardrobe is no exception.

"Know your audience," is a tenet which guides both Catrin's choice of style and her actions. Though she normally lets her short blonde hair run wild, she shapes her short blonde hair to whatever fashion suits the moment. Is she at the table with wealthy merchants? At an orc blood-letting ceremony? A miner's tavern? Her ability to recognize the customs and cultures of those around her is a part of what distinguishes her as a shrewd businesswoman.

However, Catrin is no chameleon. Self-possessed and ambitious, she refuses to fit into the mores society would put upon her. It is no wonder that the higher-ups in the Gantzlan Trading Co. fear her. Especially because of her apparent empathy with the working class, as well as those rumors about the woman frequently consorting with savages and barbaric tribes. Rumors or no, there is one thing that can be said about Catrin with certainty: Catrin is driven by a desire to make her mark on the world, and she is willing to take big risks to achieve her goals.

BackgroundDaughter of Hans Gantzlan...

A bet for the right to inherit...

Tamer of Barbarians...

Conscripted by the Empire...

Basics InfoName: Catrin Gantzlan
Race: Human
Origin: Kirkmont
Class: Skald (advanced class guide)
Intended Role: Trade dealer, negotiator with savages, buffer / bruiser

NPCs

Impressions

Roleplay Sample

Last edited by dalarangreen; 10-01-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:57 PM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11881
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
@wodine : Not sure if - is the same as Done on that list. If it's not can you let me know what I'm missing? If it was the WiP tag on the class part that's more because, if selected, that could change a little based on what else the party has. I've got it mostly locked down but there are certain aspects that I had questions on that I didn't want to bother you about because you mentioned you don't need sheets beforehand, and I didn't want to be the one to open the floodgates on sheet questions.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:26 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Just over a week left to flesh out those apps everybody!!
Exist. Persist. Resist.