RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-17-2020, 12:11 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28166
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
The 10

Application Deadline: Friday, July 10 2020

Game NameThe 10
Game SystemD20 Modern
ThemeModern/Future Post Apoc, Survival, NO Zombies
FlavourGritty and likely Dark - Evil potential high
Plot SummaryTHIS GAME IS STILL IN PLANNING STAGES. YOU MAY APPLY BUT EXPECT CHANGES.

In the year 2037 the Earth fought its last war. The mutually assured destruction that was promised came to pass and after all the nukes had fallen, civilization died. But the Human race had an trump card, an ace in the hole; 12 of them in fact.

In orbit above the dead planet Earth were a dozen space stations from different nations. They were home to the last of the Human race. The smallest from the United African Nations held just under 200 people. The largest, The United American States held more than 1,000 people. It took about five years for them all to meet and connect, forming what was called The Arc, the last domain of the Human Race.

Three generations have now passed and The Arc is in trouble. System designed to sustain them for 200 years were failing. There was no way to know if the radiation levels were safe on Planet Earth or not. The best guess was it would take another 103 years, but they did not have years; they barely had months.

On board The Arc, crime was not tolerated. Any/all offenses were met by a swift death unless you were under 18. For juveniles, they were held in prison-like confinement. Some had committed minor violations; theft or fighting. Others were more serious including murder. With the systems failure on The Arc, something had to be done and the prison held a supply of dubious volunteers. They needed to know if the Earth could once more support life.

10 minors were randomly selected and one day, secretly loaded onto a dropship and jettisoned from The Arc. An hour later they flew through the Earth's atmosphere. 22 minutes later they crashed onto the surface.

Info about the TV ShowThis game is based on The TV Series “The 100” in concept only. It is not a Fandom. Information on the Series:
Creator: Jason Rothenberg
First episode date: March 19, 2014
Network: The CW
Series Blurb: When nuclear Armageddon destroys civilization on Earth, the only survivors are those on the 12 international space stations in orbit at the time. 97 years later, the 4,000 survivors living on a space ark of linked stations see their resources dwindle and face draconian measures established to ensure humanity's future. Desperately looking for a solution, the ark's leaders send 100 juvenile prisoners back to the planet to test its habitability. Having always lived in space, the exiles find the planet fascinating and terrifying, but with the fate of the human race in their hands, they must forge a path into the unknown.

Note added5/7: So since the apps are happening slower than expected, I will likely just accept the FIRST 10 players. If we do end up with more, we will sort it out.

Update: 7/3:I am back and moving forward. Two important notes:
1. We will have 10 players. After applications close each player will make a dice roll to determine the 10 selected. Do not roll yet, details TBD.
2. The Application Deadline is: 7/10/20

How to ApplyFollow the Rules! Failure to do so will disqualify your application. Unlike most games, players will be selected at random via dice rolls. More on that process later, but every application that FOLLOWS THE RULES has an equal chance to be selected.

For the below areas that are not finalized, just put TBD for now. You can edit later. Only one App Post per player. Edit's are fine. Do not make a second App post.

Race: Human
Class: You may choose from one of the 12 Nations – See Below
Training: Training replaces Starting occupations. It represents the field you would likely pursue as an adult. There are no prerequisites and each has Skill bonuses. See below.
Crime: What crime did your PC Commit? Note that up to 4 PC's will be able to have an Evil Alignment. This will be determined later.

More details will be added ASAP. For now, let's see who is interested.

Update 4-17-20Character creation will be different. More details later.

The D20 Modern wealth system will NOT be used. Wealth has no relevance in this game. PCs will start with VERY LITTLE and there will be no stores to purchase anything. PC's may trade with other PC's or NPC's making any deal they can.

Crafting and Survival will be critical skills. Not all skills will be used in the game. Some of the ones used will have modified rules. More later.

Last edited by Digorig; Yesterday at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:18 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Player List here:

# PLAYER PC Name CLASS TRAINING CRIME STATUS
1 Hyregoth Fiona Irish Religion/Security Arson Applied
2 Saraquai Roxie Italian-Polish criminal/athlete Murder Applied
3 blackwolf97 Moyo American Tech Forgery Applied
4 Drachenspirit Sapphire British Creative Theft Applied
5 kaylara Reiki Asian Medical Insubordination Applied
6 bananabadger Mozg Russia Agriculture (none) Applied
7 triedtherest Conner British Academic/Celebrity Treason Applied
8 Sarsprilla Rowan Australia Creative Breaking & Entering Applied
9 RacesWild Maximilian British Guard/Security Fighting Applied
10 HalcyonRhys Arturo Hispanic Smart (Criminal) Sedition Applied
11 Silk Issa African Technician Poisoning Applied
12 Zangul Kaleb American Guard/Security Assault Applied
13 DurinVII Nikolai Russian Athlete Numerous Applied

Updates and FAQ:

4/17/20: Some FYI info added.
4/26: Gonna need a lot more apps if this is going to happen.
5/7: I will accept the first 10 apps. If we do get more, we will handle it.
7/3: Applicants updated, New Info added, deadline added.

Last edited by Digorig; Yesterday at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2342
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Fiona O'Bryne

Class: One Irish Nation (+1 Int, +1 Cha)

Training: Religion / Security

Crime: Attempting to burn down the station and herself.

Personality Normally a good Catholic girl. Very sweet but with a fiery temper. I other words, a redheaded pyromaniac who likes to burn things when she's put in a corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	83956  

Last edited by Hyregoth; 05-12-2020 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:55 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25823
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Welcome back Dig!
Old 04-23-2020, 09:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2342
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
@ Digorig. Awesome idea. Reminds me of an idea I had based on the series of books by Frederik Pohl. The first in the series called Gateway. Not that your adventure resembles it, just that aspect of launching into the unknown as part of something much bigger.

I hope things go well. Cheers

Last edited by Hyregoth; 04-23-2020 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2315
Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai
Name: Jericho Roxana (Roxie)Valentine
Class: The Italian-Polish Democracy
Training: criminal/athlete
Crime: Murder

Accidents don't happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult. ― Mario Puzo, The Godfather

Last edited by Saraquai; 05-07-2020 at 09:35 AM. Reason: nickname add
Old 04-24-2020, 06:44 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
@Moonzar and @Hyregoth - Thank you. Are you (also) posting interest of just a hello?
Old 04-25-2020, 06:04 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
blackwolf97 blackwolf97
I'm interested in joining the game, but have zero experience with D20Modern. Are you willing to take on such a player?
Old 04-25-2020, 07:57 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25823
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Just saying hello.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:03 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwolf97 View Post
I'm interested in joining the game, but have zero experience with D20Modern. Are you willing to take on such a player?
Sure, that's fine.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
blackwolf97 blackwolf97
Sweet. no stat rolls, right?

Application
NAME: Arrienta, Moyo
RACE: Human
CLASS: United American States
TRAINING: Technician, Electronics, UAS Space Forces
CRIME: Dishonorable Discharge: Falsifying official maintenance records resulting in catastrophic loss of spacecraft

His calibrations were impeccable, his records flawless. How they found his signature on that countermeasures set he had never seen before...how that bird smacked into that rock...how the crew didn't see the rock coming...

Last edited by blackwolf97; 04-25-2020 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Close fieldset
Old 04-25-2020, 08:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2315
Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai Saraquai
blackwolf my first game in d20 was mastered by Dig, he is an excellent GM and teacher.

PS i was excited on my return to see Dig's advertisement
Old 04-25-2020, 09:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
blackwolf97 blackwolf97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraquai View Post
blackwolf my first game in d20 was mastered by Dig, he is an excellent GM and teacher.

PS i was excited on my return to see Dig's advertisement
I'm glad to hear it. I hope to experience your same satisfaction in his game.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:12 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Well this is on hold pending more Apps. Need at least 10 total. I will check now and then.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14438
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Sapphire Hamilton

Class: The Imperial British Kingdom

Training: Creative, Blue Collar

Crime: Theft, Smuggling, and Fencing
Sapphire was an artist, and aside from being captivated by any picture, drawing, or vid of long gone works of art from the globe down below, she also sculpted, painted, and even created or invented working models of all kinds of things. Nothing was off limits. She'd designed a new air purifier filter casing so it looked less like a bulky ugly thing and more like something that you'd want in your living quarters. She'd even designed a more functional and pleasing looking equipment belt complete with holster for the security teams. Plates, bowls, clothing, tapestries, it seems there was no end to where her mind went on making things look more pleasing.
This was largely overlooked because she "helped" more than hurt, and she became a conduit for things flowing from person to person, or one group to another. She didn't care that it broke the rules technically, since no one was following the rules. But... when she was caught with several knives that she had replaced handles on and created sheaths that could be easily hidden on her body, and someone turned up stabbed with one of them, she became the scapegoat.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-07-2020 at 09:37 AM.