Game Thread Chapter 1: Don't Leave the Path - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > East of the Misty Mountains
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 06-08-2020, 10:42 PM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-21-2020
RPXP: 7373
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,323
The journey
left-aligned image
Fully prepared to set off in a sprint, Grimfara nearly fell when they ran into Vormund at the campsite. "Watch it, lad! These axes don't discern flesh!" He said it in a stern face but quickly it dissolved into a chuckle, slightly that of a madman. He followed closely to the Dunedain and the Woodman, letting them do what they did best. He kept his eyes opened and his mind cleared ready for a fight. Quickly catching up to the group he was able to relax once more. As much as he believed in his prowess, he knew when to seek the advantage of a group.

Solveig began to climb a tree in an odd tactical move, Surley she will be defenseless up there if attacked, he thought as he stared into the sky scratching his forehead with the back of his ax. His attention was drawn back to reality at the mention of a spider. A malicious grin crept on the Beorning's face. He had been told stories, terrible stories of the spiders of Mirkwood. It was one of the many creatures he relished a chance to fight. Anyone looking at him would see him giddy as a hobbit at breakfast. His head darted back and forth looking for the chance to strike.

Standing next to Vidar he spoke in almost a normal voice, "I hear a competition you say?" As he held out his own axes and smiled at the dwarf.
Actions & Statblock
 

 

Last edited by Totentanzen; 06-08-2020 at 10:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-09-2020, 04:34 PM
Avner's Avatar
Avner Avner is offline
Peace was never an option
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 27376
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Posts: 23,263
Vidar
right-aligned image

Vidar let out a hefty laugh that sounding like rumbling stone. "Oh please young lad as if ye could keep up with a dwarf.
I will probably double your number before a swing me axe!"
he said in good spirits. "Just ye wait till we get in the muck of it and see if ye can prove me wrong!" he said accepting the challenge in the most dwarvish way possible, by calling the other races inferior.


Actions
 


Vidar son of Frór
 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-12-2020, 01:02 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 7135
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 3,332
Journey through MirkwoodDestination: The Forest Gate
Approximate Travel Length: 160 miles (9 days travel)
Peril Rating: 3
  • Guide: Solveig
  • Scout: Vormund + Braegar (help action gives advantage)
  • Hunter: Solveig
  • Look-out: Nolmendil + Grimfara or Vidar (help action gives advantage)
Traveled Thus Far: 2 Days - 36 Miles

The CastleVormund was impressed by Solveig's ability to track the fleeing Baldor so efficiently, though it seemed her skill was somewhat wasted; the apparent speed at which Baldor fled made it unlikely that anyone could catch him. Or so he thought...

The merchant's tracks led directly into large strands of broken webbing. A picture began to form in Vormund's mind of Baldor running straight into a web with such force that he had broke clear through it, though likely became tangled in the process.

His bow came free as he glanced around and above the company, wondering what could have been large enough to carry a man away. He had heard stories of the spiders found within Mirkwood and had been content with them staying as mere stories. The Dúnedain called out to Solveig, hoping her keen eyes might have seen something that would shed some light on their employer's whereabouts.

Solveig was not convinced that something could have lifted a man clear off the ground, so she took to the nearby tree, jumping up to the lowest branch and began making her ascent, hoping a better vantage would provide the information they needed. Those below quickly lost sight of her as she quickly moved from branch to branch. In mere minutes she reached the top of the tree, cautiously poking her head above the canopy while standing on branches that barely supported her weight this high up.

Stretching out from her location in every direction for as far as she could see, Mirkwood's dark green canopy revealed no secrets, despite the bright light of the moon and stars.

While Solveig made her ascent, Braegar examined the broken webs and agreed with Vormund's assessment of what had happened. Like the Dúnedain, the warden drew his weapon, the prospect of confronting a beast of that size not sitting well in his mind.

Vormund suddenly shouted for the others, showing them what he had found, broken webs that led to drag marks on the ground. Baldor was not lifted into the trees, but rather dragged away. Having found what they needed to continue the pursuit, Vormund looked upward toward where Solveig had disappeared into the canopy.

Although Vidar had absolutely no idea what all the fuss was about over some dirt, he was heartened at the prospect of finding a tangible enemy, even if it was a spider Like any sensible dwarf, there was a simple solution for situations like these. Kill it.

Nolmendil was greatly saddened over the news of what had taken Baldor, having some knowledge of what they were now facing. He relayed what information he could recall, hoping it might be useful in the likely situation that they were to confront the beasts. Although his course of action was far more eloquently expressed than the dwarf's, they were of the same mind. Kill it.

At the prospect of facing such a fearsome foe, Grimfara's hand tightened around his axe and a smile crossed his lips, looking forward to finding out how his companions fared with skill at arms.

Vidar was quick to jump at Grimfara's challenge, heartened by the man's like-minded spirit.

Solveig's feet landed back on the ground and Vormund relayed what he had found. She was easily able to pick up the trail and the company was once again on the move.

It took a couple more hours of following the trail of drag marks before the companions came upon a small clearing. So long had they been tracking Baldor that the sun had begun to rise. Although no shafts of sunlight could penetrate the thick canopy, the increase of ambient light betrayed the time of day.

A castle stood before them on a low hill amid the sea of green trees. It’s anybody guess if it was Elves or Men who built this castle, but it has fallen into ruin. No trace remains of
the defensive walls or outbuildings; all that remains are a single round tower and part of what must have once been the keep.

The keep has crumbled and collapsed in on itself, leaving only one corner still standing as an L-shaped wall. Both tower and wall are covered in a dense shroud of cobwebs, and web-strands run between tower and wall. Hanging from the very top of the wall is a wriggling bundle of webbing that must contain Baldor.

There is no sign of any spiders at first glance, but there are any number of places where they could be hiding. The only sound is the occasional thump as Baldor wrestles and
struggles against his bonds.

Looking around, it seems the only way to to get to Baldor, the company would need to climb the wall, or else climb the still-intact spiral staircase in the tower and then clamber across the webbing to the top of the wall.



GM NotesSorry about the length of the post, that one got away from me. I assumed that Solveig did not want to live in the tree, so I had her come down. For expediency, I also assumed the party would be following the new tracks.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 2758
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 2,432
Vormund
right-aligned image
As the group surveyed the castle remains, Vormund's eyes flicked between the moving bundle of web that was their employer and the various corners and pieces of wall remaining.

"This... smells of a trap." The ranger shook his head. "I don't know how active these creatures are by day, but I doubt they'd capture their quarry and just... leave him until tomorrow. They want all of us."

Vormund gauged the approximate height of the far wall, assessing how difficult it would be to scale. As his eyes traveled to the all-too-convenient bridge of webbing between it and the tower, he shook his head. Even if the material was stable enough to cross, it didn't seem to him worth the risk of possibly getting stuck and ambushed. Still, the tower wasn't entirely without its uses.

Reaching into his bag, Vormund rustled around for a few moments before pulling out a length of rope and a grappling hook.

"Ashamed to say I'm quick, but a bit clumsy when it comes to climbing... but it's the only way. I suggest one of you tie yourself off with this rope and use the grappling hook to scale the wall up to Baldor. Strong, nimble, or both... maybe Braegar or Vidar. Grimfara and the other can accompany and keep watch at the base of the wall in case of trouble. Speaking of watch..." Vormund pointed at the tower next. "Solveig and I can take the stairs up to the top of the tower there and cover you with our bows." Having outlined the basics of his plan, Vormund turned to Nolmendil.

"Nolmendil... I would suggest you accompany Solveig and I, but you know your skillset better than I. I just don't trust the convenience of this situation... surely once we've recovered Baldor however, he is going to need your discerning eye and knowledge of medicine. I doubt the man is at his best after the night he's had."

Offering the rope and grappling hook to whomever accepted it, Vormund drew his bow and made for the tower as quickly and quietly as possible, eyes peeled for any movement in the area.
Actions & RollsVormund scales the tower and looks out for danger.

Rolls Here

Stealth Check: 23
Perception Check: 23
Stat Block
 
__________________
Characters: Oloro "Watcher" Navali | Skelmara of the Iron Claw | Milo Dunnwood | Woodwind | Rin Mikuyo | Krei Belarus

I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-21-2020, 02:14 PM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is online now
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 5227
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 1,163
Nolmendil
right-aligned image
As the abandoned tower rose among the trees of Mirkwood like a wounded giant having sat down to catch his breath, Nolmendil looked at the ruins with a mix of curiosity and trepidation. Normally he would have been eager to investigate the remains of the ancient tower and keep, try to find out more about their origins and the people that built and lived in them, whether Eldar, Men or another sentient race of Middle Earth. Unfortunately, the ancient stones served as Baldor’s prison and, as Vormund wisely claimed, probably a hideout for the merchant’s captors. The giant spiders were cunning enough not to openly attack the group but lure them into a trap instead, where their poisonous stings and sharp fangs would prove deadly. Vormund’s plan had merit, the Noldo had expected nothing less from a Dúnedain. The only thing he was not fond of was the idea of the group splitting up in two, the archers unable to aid the melee warriors if the latter were overwhelmed.

"Vormund, please wait", said the elf as he gently grabbed the human by the arm. "Your plan is a good one, but please consider this. The spiders have the advantage at the moment. Not only do they probably see our every move while they are hidden from our sight, their webs and poison can easily incapacitate any one of us, no matter how capable a fighter. Let us not split up the group but accomplish as a team one goal after another. The tower should be our initial target. We should take out its defenders so that we will not risk being attacked from behind when we try to free Baldor. What worries me is that bridge of web." Nolmendil pointed at the thick strands of web connecting the tip of the tower with the broken wall whwre Baldor was kept imprisoned. "It allows the spiders to walk unimpeded between the tower and the keep and even attack us from above. We do have a weapon however the spiders do not. Fire. Their webs are highly flammable and once aflame will no doubt harm the beasts bidding in them too. The bridge is sure to collapse once it catches fire and we could also send flaming arrows to the higher levels of the tower to force the spiders to come out into the open." Turning to look at his companions, Nolmendil asked their opinion. "What do you think? Does any one of you carry a tinderbox? Kindling a fire should not be a problem for so many skilled woodsmen. Only if we prove more cunning than the spiders can we hope to survive this without casualties." As he waited for an answer, the Noldo started taking out pieces of cloth from his medicinal supplies. If tied beneath an arrow‘s tip, they could easily be used to turn a simple arrow into a flaming missile.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-21-2020, 03:22 PM
Helvorix's Avatar
Helvorix Helvorix is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 639
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
Posts: 268
Braegar looked to the silken strands spread across the ruined tower and wall. A fire trap. He would dearly love to see the spiders caught in a fate they could not escape, for a change, but... "There are risks in that as well." He whispered. "What if the fire got away from us? Don't forget that Baldor is trapped in that flammable webbing. And if the flame were to somehow spread to Mirkwoods trees..." he stroked his beard thoughtfully as he let the sentence trail off. Then he stooped and pinched a few strands of cobweb in his fingers. "We would need to prove very cunning indeed to make this work," He released the cobwebs into the air, gauging the direction of the wind, then he stood and turned to Nolmendil. "How do we stop the spiders from dragging Baldor off somewhere else while we are setting the webs aflame?"


Stats and Actions
 

 

Last edited by Helvorix; 06-21-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-21-2020, 05:29 PM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is online now
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 5227
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 1,163
Nolmendil
right-aligned image
Nolmendil nodded skeptically in response to the young woodman’s words. "I too have thought about the risks you speak of, Braegar. The web is, as I said, extremely flammable but it cannot sustain the fire for long and will be consumed within moments. I believe that if we were to set aflame the end of the web bridge attached to the tower, the fire would be either quenched as the rest of the bridge fell to the ground or it would at the very least give us the chance to do so with our cloaks. The greater problem is there is a real possibility that fire could spread out to the forest with unimaginable consequences for any and all lifeforms dwelling in it. There is no wind at the moment but that could change. Few are those that have the power to read the skies and predict the weather and even fewer those who have some control over the elements. I am nowhere near as accomplished as the lord of Imladris and the lady of Lothlórien, but if you give me a moment I may be able to read the signs of cloud and forest and venture a guess." Squeenting, the Noldo started looking around for any subtle sign that the weather could change: the buzzing of insects and the chirping of birds, the shape and color of the clouds, the movement of leaves and branches and the smell in the air surrounding the tower. Before long, he knew…

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-22-2020, 11:55 AM
Avner's Avatar
Avner Avner is offline
Peace was never an option
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 27376
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Posts: 23,263
Vidar
right-aligned image

"Bait..." Vidar said as he looked up toward the top of the wall.

"Shadow blasted spiders hanging poor Baldur like a piece of meat to lure us in." he continues. "Well let them I say! Let them try and come within an inch of me axe and live to tell the tail to their dark little masters!" he exclaims. "I don't know much about forests, but I know they burn. Spiders on the other hand die really nice when they got an axe lodged in their gut. Let us spring their trap and show them the shadow can kiss where the stone throws a shadow if ye know what I mean!"

It was clear Vidar had enough of the talk. The dwarf was a person of action and there had been enough planning while the temptation to do something stood right before him. The brave dwarf did not fear death and certainly did not expect to be bested by a few spiders. Talk of risking burning down the entire Mirkwood to avoid such a battle seemed unnecessary to the dwarf.

"Unless of course you like burning down forests elf." he said with a smile prodding at his ally.


Actions
 


Vidar son of Frór
 
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-24-2020, 06:03 PM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is online now
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 5227
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 1,163
Nolmendil
right-aligned image
Nolmendil stiffened up visibly at the words of his dwarven companion. For a moment he was about to respond in anger, but thought better of it. His eyes took a cold, distant look and it was only the ruddy color of his cheeks that betrayed the emotional state he was in. "Perhaps I am overcomplicating things, master dwarf. How could I think that the lore of the Eldar would prove more useful than the valor of Durin‘s folk? I just hope your armor is thick enough to protect you from the spiders‘ sting. I will support you with my bow as best I can, Vidar, son of Frór." With a curt nod of his head, the Noldo returned the pieces of cloth to his satchel and unshouldered his bow. He hoped the dwarf was right and that courage and skill in battle would carry the day. If not, none of them would live to regret it.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-25-2020, 11:52 AM
Helvorix's Avatar
Helvorix Helvorix is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 639
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
Posts: 268
Braegar could sense the tension between the two like an over tuned harpstring. Neither elf nor dwarf it seemed reacted well to having their pride pricked, and he was starting to worry it may affect their judgment in the future.
"I don't care who's plan we follow," he said, his voice taking on a hard edge, "they both have inherent risks. This is about saving Baldor, not anyone's pride." He turned to Vidar, "If you want to draw the spiders out, maybe tugging on their webs like captured prey will get their attention." He turned his gaze back to the ruined wall. "But the spiders are not just stupid beasts. Regardless of how we do it, if we start slaughtering them, they will likely flee in fear, and may take Baldor with them. I think Vormund had the right notion from the start, someone has to make sure they can't do that." Braegar took Vormunds grapple and rope. "I can try to scale the wall, but I no longer have my bow with me, so I won't be able to aid you from up there."


Stats and Actions
 

 

Last edited by Helvorix; 06-26-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-01-2020, 08:12 AM
Silent Rain's Avatar
Silent Rain Silent Rain is online now
Neighborhood Mind Flayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 7135
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Posts: 3,332
Journey through MirkwoodDestination: The Forest Gate
Approximate Travel Length: 160 miles (9 days travel)
Peril Rating: 3
  • Guide: Solveig
  • Scout: Vormund + Braegar (help action gives advantage)
  • Hunter: Solveig
  • Look-out: Nolmendil + Grimfara or Vidar (help action gives advantage)
Traveled Thus Far: 2 Days - 36 Miles

The CastleHaving finally found their missing employer, seemingly encased in webbing, the company can at least take heart in knowing that he is still alive. For now.

Opinions differ on how to proceed, but a consensus was reached that, regardless of how they got Baldor down, they would still need to ensure the tower was safe to continue.

With bow in hand, Vormund moved as quietly as he could to the perimeter of the crumbling tower. Peering upward, he can see that webs cover most of the exterior wall all the way to the top. Looking inside, the tower appears vacant, though the stairs do seem intact enough to use.

With a final look around, he entered the tower and slowly began making his way up the curving stone steps to the roof above. From this vantage, you can see a ‘bridge’ of spider-webs running from the tower to the top of the wall – but they can also see
dozens of spiders nesting on the far side of the ruined keep. They seem to be sleeping.



GM Notes
__________________
Come join the Blood & Tears
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-01-2020, 04:23 PM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 2758
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 2,432
Vormund
right-aligned image
The ranger's eyes widened as he glimpsed the massive arachnids, seemingly slumbering just beyond the far wall.

But for how long?

As he looked, Vormund became aware of how tightly he had been gripping his bow, and he relaxed his fingers. Truly, seeing these beasts in person was an entirely different story from hearing tales of them. He just hoped this would be ALL he saw of them... peacefully slumbering as they made off with their employer in tow.

Slowly and carefully, Vormund made his way back down the steps until he was about halfway down, able to speak to the others in a hushed voice just above a whisper.

"I see them... tough to tell exactly how many, but easily two or three dozen." Vormund shuttered. "Just past the wall on the far side of the keep... but they appear to be sleeping for now. We must be quick, and we must be quiet. Braegar..." Vormund turned the the warden. "... do you think you can scale the wall without a rope? The grapple will aid your descent once you've freed Baldor, but I fear if we start by throwing it to the top of the wall, the noise could rouse them. Still, a full grown man toppling to the ground would hardly be better so... I trust your judgement. Whatever you do though, it must be fast."
Actions & RollsRolls Here

Stealth Check: 23
Perception Check: 23
Stat Block
 
__________________
Characters: Oloro "Watcher" Navali | Skelmara of the Iron Claw | Milo Dunnwood | Woodwind | Rin Mikuyo | Krei Belarus

I have taken the Oath!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is online now
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 5227
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 1,163
Nolmendil
right-aligned image
"…This is about saving Baldor, not anyone’s pride…" The young hunter’s words were harsh and wounded the Noldo deeply. Nolmendil wanted to correct him, make him understand than the Eldar didn’t care about things like vanity and pride, they were better than that, chosen to… The scholar shook his head to clear his thoughts. No, the Eldar were just as susceptible to the Shadow as anyone else, perhaps even more so. His quick anger was proof of that.

Vormund, more practical than the rest of them, took advantage of the argument between elf and dwarf in order to scout ahead. When he returned to report what he had seen, the color left Nolmendil’s cheeks. Two or three dozen spiders!? We could never hope to defeat so many enemies, no matter how sharp our blades and the tips of our arrows are. Managing to overcome the initial shock, Nolmendil sought for ways to make himself useful.

"Braegar, let me assist you", asked the Noldo, his voice soft but imperative nonetheless. "Elven eyes are sharp even in this dim light and I could perhaps spot hand- and footholds you could use or warn you of unstable masonry, though I believe that Master Vidar could be even more of help in this than I may be able to. In any case, I could cover you with my bow should you be pursued by any of the beasts."

Waiting for the hunter to answer him, Nolmendil approached the Dúnedain in turn. "Friend, should things not go as planned, fire might be the only thing that could allow us to escape and escort Baldor back to his son. A well-shot flaming arrow could accomplish much in such a situation and put fear in the spiders‘ hearts. The skills I was taught in Imladris speak for a calm day without strong wind but the weather can be unpredictable and disrespectful of the lore of Men and Elves. I am sure you will know what to do." Offering a smile meant to reassure the warrior, Nolmendil approached Braegar once more and looked at his expectantly.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-01-2020, 11:01 PM
Touketsu's Avatar
Touketsu Touketsu is offline
Mysterious Ice Ninja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 2758
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posts: 2,432
Vormund
right-aligned image
Vormund listened to Nolmendil's words, and in spite of the hush in their conversation, he could sense an... unsteadiness to the Noldo's tone. The number of enemies had clearly had an impact... but more than that, he also seemed to be trying to rise above the brief internal conflict in their group, compensating with the diplomacy and cool head that came natural to elves. When Nolmendil had finished speaking, Vormund smiled, nodding to his comrade.

"... I trust you my friend. I will be watching from above, ready to do what is necessary." A quick nod to the others, and Vormund turned and retreated back up the stairs as quietly as possible, resuming a post at the top of the tower where he could best monitor the ensuing rescue operation... and the monstrous arachnids that threatened to turn it into a bloodbath.
Actions & RollsRolls Here

Stealth Check: 23
Perception Check: 23
Stat Block
 
__________________
Characters: Oloro "Watcher" Navali | Skelmara of the Iron Claw | Milo Dunnwood | Woodwind | Rin Mikuyo | Krei Belarus

I have taken the Oath!

Last edited by Touketsu; 07-01-2020 at 11:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-03-2020, 08:54 AM
Helvorix's Avatar
Helvorix Helvorix is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-04-2020
RPXP: 639
Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix Helvorix
Posts: 268
Braegar squinted at the wall across from the tower, he didn't want to admit it, but he doubted whether he possessed the skill to scale it, even with Nolmendil's aid. But he was the one who insisted it needed to be done. He nodded to to the elf, "Thank you, I'd welcome your help... but without the rope, I don't know that I can climb it. I guess we shall find out; unless anyone else would like to volunteer?..."

He paused only for a moment, then started making his way towards the wall where Baldor was ensnared, picking his steps carefully to try and limit the sound of his foot-falls. There was a loud crunch as he stepped on a dried-out old skull of some small animal that had been hidden under cobwebs. Braegar went still and held his breath, waiting to see what would happen...


Stats and Actions
 

 

Last edited by Helvorix; 07-03-2020 at 08:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB